• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S3 Comic!! 29th Breaking news!! *Update: 06/12/2007*

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well im still gonna wait a while, too see if people do want the storyline, or I ran completely out of ideas, which ever comes 1st haha...

Anyway Long time ago I use to make comics, had like 100+ comics of storyline, but when I change comps I lost them all, *sigh* including the sprites of characters I made, luckely saber had one of my characters, javelin, in his comp, and had these 32-bit sprites I made a while ago, I dont have their sprites anymore, but im bound to make them again, theyre just that cool, here they are:

Stryks

Smash Hero
Was bound to make a giant crab comic, heres hoping this year they say even funnier things at E3 :p anyway Ill hopefully update later tonight...

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
"And you...attack...it's weak point...for MASSIVE damage. *ahem*"

Haha! Nice one.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Haha thanx, anyway sorry but Im going to have to update til 2morrow guys, my sis needs the comp, but Im almost finish :p so expect a comic tomorrow, and please both on the poll (1st post)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Another great one and might as well vote me in favor of it being story based. And check out todays comic on the smash bros club.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ok good im gonna go post around Smash boards so people will click my sig (Sig advertising FTW!)

Also the comic is great and funny as ever but (No offense) this comic does make it look like you are running out of ideas (Remember no offense its still as funny and good as the others it just that its about a TV lol)

O yhea why dont you make some more parodies of games (Like with the going retro ones).

Stryks

Smash Hero
@ lego: Yeah im plannin to make more going retro comics, some super metroid and zelda games maybe... yeah I know im kinda running out of ideas, I just find what I can to inspire me :p...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Lol he he Good good looking forward to them and you just gotta fill the space in between with whatever you can think of lol.

O yhea updating my comic now

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Its been a slow weekend on our topics but hopefully we will get some more posts over the week anyways the latest comic is great work as usual.

And my next comic is up this one is the penultimate issue of the Ninja Kirby saga so comment on the page please (PLEASE).

HEY LISTEN!

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
Your jokes are a bit out-dated, but you've got some potential here.

You use sprites really well in these comics. The backgrounds are great as well. If you really want to make this great, I would suggest doing some more advance stuff like "zoom in" shots and background changes, just so we aren't seeing the same thing panel after panel.

Again, nice job.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I agree on everything U say...

The point in the going retro comics is for, well strykman, to play the games we all played when we were kids, which he wasnt there to experience it, and also strykman is like the younger version of me, the things like the hammer bros, 8-bit bowser smiling all the time, the the princess is in another castle and navy are things I got mad and frustrated when I was young, but still made the game awesome... except navy...

im planning to do more BGs and zoom in shots for future comics, especially for the story based comic, which I may start doing soon, even thought I have somewhat good experience making comics, Im new to placing them on the net, so Ill eventually improve XD thanx

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thanx Y34HDUD3!!! and Im guessin the winner is story based, but gonna wait a few more days, have to create new characters and stuff :p

saberhof

Smash Master
you should post the rules of comics of crash and bass man so everyone knows how you got the idea for this and maybe encourage others to start or make better comics! :).

and i still cant find time for them >_>

Legolastom

Smash Hero
What rules? what you talking about?

Anyways my next comic (Coincidently) actually has a zoom (Per sey) in the first panel.

Btw the backgrounds are actually coming soon!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Already posted the laws/rules/tips in ur thread Lego...
Anyway wanna let u guys know, If my dad doesnt complaing about me using the comp too much yada yada yada theres gonna be a melee-based comic, about strykman battling enemies including fox, falco, shiek, GaW and others, and I'll start making more melee comics afterwards, being smash world forums and all...

Anyway If u guys cna passed the word out of this comics, would apreciate it, seems me, saber and lego are the only ones posting most of the time...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Sounds interesting and im trying to get more people to post (Which they rarely do in these parts) by offering to add them into the comics Neo-X has already made two appearances (one of them in todays issue) and im sure i will think of a way to include Pimp slap once i finally get the sprites out of that tails sheet.

BTW how exactly will the melee ones work? is it just a big battle scene or something.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I may give like a comic showing whats in store for the story comic, I just have to make the bad guy sprites and a few new good guys, cause well back when I made comics, well the story kinda rocked, but I need a female character in there, or 2 so If im not busy tomorrow expect new characters, bad guys and a preview XD

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Im looking forward to that and... the bad guys are not gonna have bumbling henchmen who cant get anything right? (I hate them)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well no, Theres gonna be the main bad guy, 2 guardians of the main bad guy, an evil form of one of the heroes, and one of the heroes goes to the "dark side"

Also I have NO idea for more new characters, thing is In the last comic I did I used megaman, roll and protoman to be part of the cast, this time around IDK if I should use them or create new characters... *sigh*

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Wow that sounds great for the bad guy (If he is reallyreallyreallyreallyreally powerful then you should name him immortal god emperor of evil or something).

Why dont you use Kirby or Fire emblem sprites they seem to be good (It matters on what type of characters you want to use in your comics though like human types or just anything (Like mine) lol).

But you could always use the bosses of mega man like slash man of eagle man or something.
(You could also just upgrade the chracters to being Mega man X instead of Mega man classic)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well I NEED two female characters, its part of my plot, but just need one for the beginning of the comic, well yeah guess I can let some stuff slip abou the story based comic:

The story is about the heroes facing an evil named the shadow eyes, these guys have a power names simply as Shadow, this power allows them to unleash power blast of energy, DBZ like, aument their strenght and stuff like that...

The heroes have similair powers themselves, one has the power of light, and the other has the power of darkness, one is a weakness to the other, and normally they cant combine their powers, only the direct decendent of the shadow god that live 500 years ago will have the powers of shadow, and allow to create guardians, the next in line, kinda like generals, and servants, who are the weakest, and only live to serve shadow...

The gods of light and darkness, are said to have never left direct decendents, thus the gods wil lnever be reincarnated, but they did indeed let guardians, that if shadow where to appear the guardians will rise to defend the world of the eivl that is shadow...

These powers cant be used infinetly, since they use Soul energy to work, the soul energy is acutally essence of the users actual soul, if the sould dies, the user dies as well, but only is shadow is there a sideeffect, the birth of shadow was made by the anger of the light and dark gods, and thus it unleashes the complete anger, evil, and hate withing ones self, being pure evil...

Thats it for now, u can say I kinda have a lot of imagination, anyway more of this will be revealed in the 2-3rd arc of the story comic...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
And maybe you could make some kind of guardian who is neutral in the conflict and has perfect balance of Light and Darkness inside himself which allows him to have great powers and such.

Anyways im going off now cya.

Wrath`

Smash Master
these comic are cool, i help get the word out.

hmm female character* looks at my sig*

these did make me laugh,specialy the hd stupidity one

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Its called Stryk's and saberhof's comic but... that title is a little wrong don't you think? and i couldn't even read the one you did before Saberhof but i could just look at the panels lol XD

O yhea and great work on the latest comic (Your gonna stop making these smash ones once you start the story ones?).

(And is Gaw really 8bit? isn't he just Lcd or something?)

Btw next comic up...

Top Bottom