• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.W.R Event V: Inui and the B button Jan. 3 2009

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
Description:

It's been awhile but S.W.R's back, and with a new venue too!

This is the perfect way to kick off the start of the new year!

79 Sherman St.
Passaic, NJ

11:30-Sign-ups

12:45-Teams

4:00-Crews

6:00-Singles

Price
$10 per team
$10 Singles
$25 Crews
$3 Venue Fee

Payouts:

Singles:60/30/10 If the brackets exceed 50 players, the payout changes to 50/25/15/5/2.5
Teams: 60/30/10

AllisBrawl Tournament Page

RULES

3 Stock
7 Minute Time Limit
Item OFF
Final Smashes OFF

Team Attack ON
Life stealing is Allowed.

• No stalling or running away to purposely run out the time limit.
  • If you need to add your name to change your controls, don't forget, and do it quickly. You can not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
  • First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. Then, each player/team is allowed to ban one counterpick stage for the rest of the set, and strike out one neutral from random (this stage is still open to counterpick however). A random stage will then be chosen for the first round.
  • Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
  • You can't counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.
Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium

All other Stages are Banned.

Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab.

Ties broken by lives, then percentages

Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's side B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.

Crews!

Crew Battle Rules

20 Stocks

Neutral Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counterpick Stages:
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium
Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Battleship Halberd
Frigate Orpheon

• Each team must select their starting player prior to the match
  • Each crew must specify which players have how many stocks before the battle begins
  • Stocks must be divided as evenly as possible
  • First match is a blind pick of characters followed by a random stage
  • The losing team sends in their choice of a player and has two options. They can choose to go to a random stage or a stage of their choice. If they choose a stage, the opponent may change their character (before the new player chooses his/her character). If random is selected, the previous winner can not change their character.

Setups:

• Bring a Wii = $1 off your house fee
  • Bring a TV = $1 off your house fee
  • Bring a complete setup(Wii+TV) House fee completly free
  • This only applies if your setup is used.

Wii's:

J.G WentWorth
Ksizzle
Mr.Clutch31
GunBlade
VajaJ
Doom
HEERO
Linguine
Inui
A@
CPUno16lol
Keitaro

TV's:

J.G WentWorth (3 TV's)
Ksizzle (2 TV's)
Linguine
Inui
A@

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Who from near Philly is going to this?

My dad is gay and got our return flight for the 5th of January, which means I will miss this event. That is extremely gay.

I can spend extra money to change my flight to the 2nd or early morning on the 3rd, but I will need a ride from Philly.

Who can help me?

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Who from near Philly is going to this?

My dad is gay and got our return flight for the 5th of January, which means I will miss this event. That is extremely gay.

I can spend extra money to change my flight to the 2nd or early morning on the 3rd, but I will need a ride from Philly.

Who can help me?
If we decline Inui's request, we ALL have a higher chance of winning........:laugh::laugh:

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
You wouldn't win money regardless, lol.
Well you know what, I will win just watch for it, Believe it!

*narutosucks*

In all seriousness.......Though I'm confident I'll start placing higher ZB has taught me a lot about Top/High-Tiers that I don't use so I feel like I got exponentially better, I promise.

I fear very few characters now, something that I believe was a big problem back from the BBC that I went to.

Though I still can't camp.....

On another note: I got Tatsunoko vs Capcom yesterday! :)

bschung

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2981-6884-5065
I would be a proponent of banning Jungle Japes.

If my crew insists that i drive them to this, i'd probably just spectate. :(

Unless you guys took Jungle ***** off the list :)

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Just ban it When you play your sets.
The problem is that it's not a fair stage. Falco can CG-->spike into the klaptrap and Dedede can CG at any percent into the klaptrap. There are numerous other shenanigans on the stage as well but THAT is enough garbage to warrant banning it imo.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Or if you're so dead set on allowing jungle japes, we should be allowed two stage bans since it's such a ****ty stage.

Kashif stop trying to mm me you fawking peesha shiet :D

Top Bottom