• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.S.B.B. Hamilton Ontario Tournament! Nov 29

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
S.S.B.B. Hamilton Ontario Tournament! Nov 29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S.S.B.B. Tourny WIN AN XBOX w/GAME!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament
Come face Hamilton's Best! Smash or be Smashed!
Date: November 29/08
307 King St East, Hamilton, Ontario.
Start Time: 2:00pm
Registration begins at: 12:00pm
Game Type: Singles
Cost Per Entry: $25
Prize: 1st Place: X-Box 360 Console, Controller and Game (either Soul Cabilur 4, Civilization Revolution, Too Human or Warhammer: Battle March)
Second Place: Sennheiser Communications PC 161 head set
Third Place: Wii SD Memory Card and $30 Credit at Pownz Gaming Centre usable for merchandise or services

Rules: Standard Smash Boards Tournament rules
Stock: 3
Timer: 7 Minutes
Double Elimination Bracket

Maps:
Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Green Greens
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

Questions? Comments? Call us at 289-396-4290
Or www.pownz.com

sauc3

Smash Lord
i heard ace won this, and culex came 3rd!? too bad i couldnt be there for this one sounds like there was some good competition.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
The competition was terrible, the competition eliminated each other because they rigged the brackets by getting all of the good players (GTAN) on one side of the bracket, and their best player in Hamilton was on the other.

Thats what I heard.

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
The competition was terrible, the competition eliminated each other because they rigged the brackets by getting all of the good players (GTAN) on one side of the bracket, and their best player in Hamilton was on the other.

Thats what I heard.
The tournament was acually seeded by skill level (*not randomly, my appologies*) to ensure smoother and more enjoyable play. 7 members were from our smash ladders and 11 were from else where. Everyone that came had a great time. The best players did meet in the end and the final fights were exciting.

Lawlb0t, you live in St. Catherines which is fairly close to us, why don't you come out and see what we have to offer here at Pownz. Check out our community. We really do care about the Ontario Gaming community, and are dedicated to providing a great venue to play. I'll give you the tour and a free hour. I'm sure you wont regret it.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
The guys there were actually nice. Not many places exist that focus on competitive gaming. There was a 20 person turn out, and I'm sure everyone had a blast. The people there actually know the competitive scene for a lot of games, and even recorded the matches. The people knew the smash scene pretty well, which is pretty rare for retailers to know or even care. My only complaint really was the cost and the prizes. But again, they're trying to focus on good competitive environment, so they'll take what we have to say with a grain of salt. Hell, they're even trying to find people to drive people to Hamilton, and they are being rewarded for their efforts. All they're trying to do is create a a positive smash scene, which they did successfully for their first tournament. (I believe this is their first tournament.) I even told them I'd be at their Friday ladder nights, because like every competitive smasher, I want to get better and better.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
I would have came, but I don't support tournaments whos main goal is profit.

If you guys really want to get a ridiculous turnout, have our whole entire scene show up, and possibly even guys from the States and Montreal you need to run a tournament where the prize is a pot from entrant fees. 15 for singles, 20 for doubles.

I also heard ladder players didn't have to do pools? wtf?

Btw Zeph, I would LOVE that free tour of yours.

KingAce

Smash Ace
the ppl running this tourny were chill and it was fun like they had the right idea, but yeah ppl r rite if pownz runs a tourny with entrance fee as a pot then that wud b a good turnout

or.. you could do what CH4 advertised like give a guaranteed prize but something that would be reasonable like im pretty sure 50 people wouldnt come to compete for a $250 prize with the entrance fee at $25.......
if you guys had like $1000 guaranteed with a $25 entrance fee then maybe and u guys wud still make profit =)

Anth0ny

Smash Master
the ppl running this tourny were chill and it was fun like they had the right idea, but yeah ppl r rite if pownz runs a tourny with entrance fee as a pot then that wud b a good turnout

or.. you could do what CH4 advertised like give a guaranteed prize but something that would be reasonable like im pretty sure 50 people wouldnt come to compete for a $250 prize with the entrance fee at $25.......
if you guys had like $1000 guaranteed with a $25 entrance fee then maybe and u guys wud still make profit =)
25*40=$1000

I'm certain that a guaranteed $1000 pot would get far over 40 people to come to this :)

G U R U

Smash Lord
The place is actually really cool. So stop bashing it already. Not many gaming stores go out of their way to post on smashboards about their tournaments, record the matches, and have a kick *** place/staff to boot.

Also, the next tournament on the 27th, is a pot tournament. So quit your bawwing.

Sup Pho.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Last tourney was alright, even if it was a little poorly run. The one coming on the 27th should be good as it's cash prize 15/25$ buyin. 15$ if you have a membership, 25$ if you don't (10$ is to register as a member.) I hope we're gonna see the tops come back down again, it was fun getting embarrassed.

Top Bottom