• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.S.B.B. Hamilton Ontario Tournament! Nov 29

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
S.S.B.B. Tourny WIN AN XBOX w/GAME!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament
Come face Hamilton's Best! Smash or be Smashed!
Date: November 29/08
307 King St East, Hamilton, Ontario.
Start Time: 2:00pm
Registration begins at: 12:00pm
Game Type: Singles
Cost Per Entry: $25
Prize: 1st Place: X-Box 360 Console, Controller and Game (either Soul Cabilur 4, Civilization Revolution, Too Human or Warhammer: Battle March)
Second Place: Sennheiser Communications PC 161 head set
Third Place: Wii SD Memory Card and $30 Credit at Pownz Gaming Centre usable for merchandise or services

Rules: Standard Smash Boards Tournament rules
Stock: 3
Timer: 7 Minutes
Double Elimination Bracket

Maps:
Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Green Greens
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

Questions? Comments? Call us at 289-396-4290
Or www.pownz.com

Anth0ny

Smash Master
WOW TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS?!?

I might go. Depends on if I have work or not. I'm taking a day off this Saturday, there's no way I could take two in a row.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Yeah, aka profit tourney. Also the prize is sub par.

Someone really good in the GTA go and **** everyone. lol.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
lower the entry fee to 15 bucks then i'll come and that too liked it batter when it was 10 bucks even :(

but Ayaz will be there if the price drops

YEHS!

KingAce

Smash Ace
lmao bug it will b an easy road even if u come :)
that 360 is mine!!! i bought a couple of games and a live card too!

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
Scam!!!! Lol $199 xbox 360.... u serious.
I dont know for sure, but even if its the loaded 360 its still a scam.

20 entrants at 25 dollars will cover the retail price of the game and system, and they prolly arent paying retail for the prize. There is no 2nd or 3rd prizes.

So if they get 60 entrants at 25 dollars, they will be making 1500 dollars, 500 should cover prize and overhead. They net 800-1000 dollars for a singles only 6-10 hour tournament. ****.

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol yeah but if u guys dont like it then just dont go -.- lol
for the winner tho... $25 for a $199 xbox360 is a pretty good deal if u ask me lmao

Anth0ny

Smash Master
honestly i geeve about the prize. If i go to this I'll probably just go for the sake of going. Smash tournys are fun :)

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol ya pasta we played remember like a looonggg time ago at nikos triweekly :p
it was just a pools match i went snake lool

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
XD at this tourney. Good prize but huh 25 per person? like... *goes in math mode* 16 personx 15 = More than the xbox360? Next tourney will be consoles for each places hopefully good luck Kingace, you got this.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
This place has their own lil community, they got a ladder set up. lol I wonder if they are any good.

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
It'd be nice if they didnt try to scam people. 25 dollar entrance fee and the prize will be a $199 360 with your choice of like 1 year old game. How absurd.
As with most of our tournaments at Pownz, we always have a number of runner up prizes. These vary depending on Tournament turn out, but at the very least top ranking attendies will be given Free memberships/w free hour and/or gamer accessories/clothing. This tournament should be a good one so a second and third prize will almost certainly be present. The games that will be available for winning are one of the following: Too Human, Warhammer Battle March, Civilization: Revolution or Soul Calibur 4. I should also add that that entry fee will give you access to the rest of our centre during and a few hours after the tournament. The real question is whether or not you feel like getting Totally Smashed by Hamilton's Finest!

**To address your concerns over 2nd and 3rd prizes, we have posted prizes for both these positions within the tournaments prize setup at the beginning of this thread.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
As with most of our tournaments at Pownz, we always have a number of runner up prizes. These vary depending on Tournament turn out, but at the very least top ranking attendies will be given Free memberships/w free hour and/or gamer accessories/clothing. This tournament should be a good one so a second and third prize will almost certainly be present. The games that will be available for winning are one of the following: Too Human, Warhammer Battle March, Civilization: Revolution or Soul Calibur 4. I should also add that that entry fee will give you access to the rest of our centre during and a few hours after the tournament. The real question is whether or not you feel like getting Totally Smashed by Hamilton's Finest!

**To address your concerns over 2nd and 3rd prizes, we have posted prizes for both these positions within the tournaments prize setup at the beginning of this thread.
Yeah those prizes you listed would be fantastic if the tournament cost 5 or 10 bucks for singles. Doesn't matter because if anyone from GTAN PR shows up, the prizes will be theres.

nickcam

Smash Ace
has the fee been reduced yet cuz i wouldnt mind going but 25 bucks for singles is ridiculous. 15 for singles 10 for doubles per person is the standard fee

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I guarantee that if the entry fee is lowered to the standard $10 at least 30 people will show, which is $300+ right there. Heck, even $15x30=450. How much do you need lol.

Please lower it to $15, I guarantee that the attendance for this will skyrocket.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I would onoly go to this if it counts toward PR. But if KingAce, Ambrose, Mikey, and Nickcam, I may go for the hell of it. It's just that $25 is balls to pay just to lose!

Top Bottom