• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

...!'s picks for Brawl (I'm sorry, I can no longer resist) - UPDATED FOR FEB. 2nd!

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I guess you're right. Wheter it is Alexia, Pious, hell, even Micheal Edwards, I would love an ED character in Brawl, or anyother type of rep

I love RE, but you are right, I went on IMDB's Silent hill message board and there is CRAZY amount of RE hate there
Oh! Silent Hill fanatics HATE Resident Evil. It's like a console war. RE has emerged as the more popular of the two, while Silent Hill is technically the stronger series, horror-wise.

Personally, I dig them both. SH2 is probably one of the best games I've ever played, and RE4 is an inspiring example of a series successfully re-inventing itself (though my favorite RE would probably have to be The Remake for Gamecube).

Heh, I might need to give some RE and SH love in this thread. Maybe a little later, I should accompany them with some good movesets if I do, since they are basically impossible for brawl at this point.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Bad news. Very, very bad news. Silicon Knights has announced a sequel to Eternal Darkness. While I am happy a sequel will get out, Silicon Knights works for Microsoft now. Meaning eternal Darkness will no longer be Nintendo exclusive. Such a shame :crying:

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bad news. Very, very bad news. Silicon Knights has announced a sequel to Eternal Darkness. While I am happy a sequel will get out, Silicon Knights works for Microsoft now. Meaning eternal Darkness will no longer be Nintendo exclusive. Such a shame :crying:
Stupid Microsoft, buying up everything. First Rare and now SK. Oh well, at least ED is the only SK game I really care about (or know about) and though it would be cool to have a sequel, I'm not sure it's at all appropriate, seeing as how ED ended so perfectly.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Stupid Microsoft, buying up everything. First Rare and now SK.
This is how Bill Gates got a bad name. Everyone blaming Microsoft, even though lots of us are probably using Windows operating systems.

Oh well, at least ED is the only SK game I really care about (or know about) and though it would be cool to have a sequel, I'm not sure it's at all appropriate, seeing as how ED ended so perfectly.
No love for Too Human?

icymatt

Smash Lord
Apparently, Too Human was pretty terrible at E3. That's why they yanked it off the schedule, so they can retool it.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I'd love to see Ouendan in this game. Dance-based fighting for the win!

The Capt. Olimar moveset seems very complicated, but also tremendously fun. If we get something along those lines, I'll be very happy.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is it tactless to bump my own topic without any new content? Probably. So watch this space for an entry for a RE and/or Silent Hill character.

EDIT!
From the category of impossible 3rd party characters:

------------

HARRY MASON

-From the game Silent Hill. After getting into a traumatic car crash outside of the enigmatic ghost town, Harry finds that his daughter Cheryl is missing. Problem is, Silent Hill has been taken over by some crazy monsters. He needs to work his way around Silent Hill, and find his daughter while also solving the mystery of a young girl named Alessa. He mainly uses melee weapons, as bullets are scarce, and is most often portrayed with a lead pipe or board, That or a handgun.
Symbol: A directional compass found on a map, since SH is "Reading Maps: The Game."
Bet money?: HELL No!
Why: Never been on a Nintendo console, for one, and second has to compete with Snake (Both Konami).
Stage and song: His stage should be the streets of Silent Hill, which changes into a hellish landscape every now and then after an alarm sounds.

------

And in the Possible, but not probable section:

JILL VALENTINE

-The Heroine of the Resident Evil series of games. In RE1, she must work her way around a mansion infested with Zombies only to be betrayed by her teamates and almost left for dead at the hands of the monsterous Tyrant. In RE3, she is the sole hero, and it involves her escape from Raccoon city's imminent destruction from a carpet bombing from the government at a reaction to the Zombie threat. She is most often portrayed using firearms, though a survival knife is usually in her possession, and the series has used Grenades, rocket/grenade launchers, Flamethrowers, and several other firearms which could be construed as "Fair game" for Smash.
Symbol: Umbrella symbol
Bet money?: Nope
Why?: Sure it's possible, all of the games she has appeared in have at least appeared on Ninty systems, including RE3's gamecube re-issue, and both versions of RE1 (Original for DS, and the Nintendo exclusive Remake for Gamecube), BUT She suffers from having to go up against more likely Capcom competitors, including Megaman and my personal Capcom champion, Phoenix Wright. Also, she uses guns, which, wile also being a problem in Sakurai's rules, also causes her to seem too similar to Snake. Both She and Harry (and also Alex Roivas) also suffer from being perhaps too "Realistic" since Snake seems to have taken the "Realistic third party character" slot.
Stage or Song: RE1 Laboratory, or the iconic RE1 main hall. When the timer begins running out, the music speeds up and the voice begins saying "T-minus 30 seconds to detonation, please secure your nearest exit route and exit in an orderly fashion" or similar.

Both are way too realistic to really work, and Harry is totally out, seeing as how he was never on Nintendo, but hey, they are some thoughts.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Jill Valentine most likely will not be added anytime soon, but if she does make it to Brawl, it would be mad chill to play as her.

I want her to be my Valentine ha, ha!

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I changed my Ouendan picture and text.

I love changing and pruning this thread. It's sort of my baby in a way. Whenever I want I can go back and see if I can add onto it and make it any nicer than it already is. It's very enjoyable.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I just want everyone to know that I tried really, really hard to find a groundhog-related game so we could have a groundhog character in honor of today, groundhog day. But alas, I found nothing :(

The closest I came, of course, was Sonic. I find it ironic that my attempt at a completely ridiculous character was so ridiculous that it wrapped around and became one of the most probable.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just want everyone to know that I tried really, really hard to find a groundhog-related game so we could have a groundhog character in honor of today, groundhog day. But alas, I found nothing :(

The closest I came, of course, was Sonic. I find it ironic that my attempt at a completely ridiculous character was so ridiculous that it wrapped around and became one of the most probable.
What about Monty Mole?

Promethus

Smash Apprentice

What about that Mole from the Gameboy Color game?
The Shiggster made him and Sakurai really liked the game alot.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

No offense, but if the closest you found was Sonic, you must not have searched enough

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=81747

Top Bottom