• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.L.o.T.H. : May 30th, Terre Haute IN BRAWL TOURNEY

Count

Smash Champion
Would it be better to seed the singles by the doubles results rather than by randomly? The idea of random seeding is scary to me. I know seeding by doubles results isn't the best way to do it, but it seems to be that it is better than by chance.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
If we have enough set ups we could do Swiss parings instead of double elimination. Swiss is a lot more fun anyway

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
No clue how Swiss works.

And yeah @ Count's suggestion. Seeding by doubles results would allow for some sort of order; it's better than chance and having two amazing people play first round x.x.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
the other 2 are planning on going to TYM I believe, I schedule to hang out with my ex on Sat so im trying to convicec her to come here with her being my ride lol

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Seeding by doubles would be cool, except for the people like me who won't be doing doubles lol! Anyway, 2 days!!!!!!! hype!!!!
Seed by doubles. Gets people to participate and if you dont then you get a crap seed. farrr better than random.

If doubles seeding can't be done, it would be better to fill in the brackets yourself by skill, seperating the best players. Again, better than random.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
the other 2 are planning on going to TYM I believe, I schedule to hang out with my ex on Sat so im trying to convicec her to come here with her being my ride lol
If you are going to this I wanna Go...This is the Tournament I wanna go to Anyway...I just never had a ride to it....

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Housing update? Any to be had, even for a single person? Who is awesome?

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Xero, honestly, money johns? You've known and been pumped about this tournament for a couple of months. I live on my own, have a kid, try to pay for school, and I found a way to have some money for this tournament. Get off your butt and get stuff settled sooner or better yet go make some dough.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I don't understand? Why does st. louis (or anyone else) want housing? This isn't far away for anyone.
I'm not in St. Louis. ;) This is almost 4 hours away for me. I'd prefer not to have to drive 8 hours in one day, nor leave at 6 am.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Xero, honestly, money johns? You've known and been pumped about this tournament for a couple of months. I live on my own, have a kid, try to pay for school, and I found a way to have some money for this tournament. Get off your butt and get stuff settled sooner or better yet go make some dough.
Ride johns... Ride johns.

Not money johns, but my rides have money johns.

EDIT: I'll know tommorrow if I'm coming to this or not.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Thinkaman, you can stay at my house whenever you need to. We should carpool. I sent you a text

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
indeed. 50/50 that i'll go but if y.b.m. goes we are gonna team up! i'm not in a group so can i be a GOD KAI? or does it require to live in OH?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
REN!!!

You're my last hope, if you go can Ducky and I hitch a ride with you?

We'll be more than willing to pay $10 in gas each.

(We can probably make it down to Indianapolis if you'd prefer, but that's only if you're down with giving us rides in the first place :D.)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
indeed. 50/50 that i'll go but if y.b.m. goes we are gonna team up! i'm not in a group so can i be a GOD KAI? or does it require to live in OH?
haha We'll team fa sho if I can Go...But to be a God Kai...you gotta be around the Cincinnati area of course, But you are family....so you are more like an honorary member...

Count

Smash Champion
Cincy/other iffy people post your final word on if you're going in here asap!

Tomorrow I work until 5ish then I'm driving down to terre haute and staying at rose with a friend. I will be at the venue at about ten. Pretty sure I'm bringing a setup also.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
if anyone is passing by the cincy area....come swoop me up....and i'll pay gas or whatever...i just really wanna go....

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
yo yo xero... talk to "VAMP" i think he'll give u a ride... since i probably won't make his "RIDE" cause imma be gone all friday cause i'm going to MI yep that' right. then i'll be back early saturday morning around 10 a.m. trying to rush my *** for the doubles tournament.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
So are the god kais going to this and not TYM 5? Keep me updated cause I'm trying to organize everything.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
To all those with "ride johnz".

I'm driving from GEORGIA, *****es!!!!

Be a man and be there! To Terre Haute from anywhere in the midwest is what, a brisk 20 minute jog???

Count

Smash Champion
Sorry to hear that God Kais :(

I'm leaving now, set up with me. Can't wait for this. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Anybody that wants to do the FD challenge let me know

(2 out of 3, FD only, bananas on set to HIGH in the item box)

HYPE!

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I know Renegade...I'm so heated....Oh well...Next time we'll do it man...No homo....Actually....If you start going to Circuit events...We should team for the next season...

Count

Smash Champion
LOL ybm I don't care about winning, I just care about having fun+getting better. And its not like you were guaranteed victory, ren is quite good and you know that I am not a cakewalk, either. Not to mention any unknown players that may come that are quite good.

In other news I am chilling in Terre Haute, can't wait until tomorrow. I'm hoping we can get some decent numbers, can't wait to chill with everybody :).

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Well I care about winning...Because you get money that way. Renegade is good...but I am currently ahead when it comes to win ratio....He has yet to defeat me....But I will say Renegade is a talented player and He will win this on my behalf...If me and him would have teamed we would swept through that tournament like Hurricane Katrina ya dig. hehe Count you're good and I'll leave it at that...I'm hoping you get 2nd place...since Renegade is going to win it...But Anyway...I wish all my people the best of luck. and I will hopefully see you all soon...

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
we'll see you at 10 tomorrow.

Blah, the hype. Too bad that you guys couldn't come, I really wanted to play YBM in person...hopefully at least louisville comes.

Anyway, good luck everyone x.x. I'm hoping to do well >.>

Count

Smash Champion
Naaah, I would win this... if I could go.

But anyway, GO COUNT! I wanna see Count win, because Renegade is too good.
Thanks for the support, lol..I'm just hoping to play well I doubt I will win or even be in contention.

Did you talk to vamp? He lives in Indy and I just about guarantee he would take you. Look him up on AIB its not too late!! I have his phone number also if you need it.

Edit: YBM just get a job if you need money!!

Top Bottom