• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.A.V.A.N.N.A.H Tourney July 7th

MrBitter

Smash Apprentice
I want to come to this...

I'll be coming through Atlanta, so I can piggy back 2-3 others. (Just help me out with gas!)

Any chance of putting someone up for a night if I were to come down early?

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I wish I could make this, I really do, but all my guys are going to LTEC2, and even though I'm not going with them, I still have no way of getting here. Sorry.

As to answer StarFox's post, the skill level of the players can be laid out in one word: extreme. Be ready for it ;) Well ok, maybe not TOO extreme since the majority of us top 10 might not be going, but don't underestimate the GA players XD

/cockiness

*runs*

ss118

Smash Master
OK, there's gonna be a 2nd tournament happening at a different area. SDS will be running the show, and everyone in the Savannah crew should be there.
It'll be in early August, and it'll share the same rules as this tournament. Therefore, don't kill yourself trying to come for the 7th: that's just a warm-up.
The major one will be happening at a MUCH bigger space, so no need to worry. We can probably set up even more stations, so more players can play.
To avoid confusion, the main tourney will SHARE the same thread as this, so I don't have to post another thread. Both will share the same rules, one will just be earlier with less people, and the other should be MUCH bigger.
Glad to see we'll have a good turnout for the 7th, though. XD

Carter88

Smash Journeyman
i'll be there!!! i missed the tourney in columbus because of summer school, so since i'm still at ga southern i will be making the trip to savannah (45 minutes) for this tourney...

Yo PADA, I'm gonna be a freshman at georgia southern next year. Are there a lot of smashers down there? I'm ready to host some tournies when I get there. I'm staying in kennedy.

PADA

Smash Rookie
Yo PADA, I'm gonna be a freshman at georgia southern next year. Are there a lot of smashers down there? I'm ready to host some tournies when I get there. I'm staying in kennedy.
YES. we have a big tournament every semester hosted by the school's video gaming club. we play every night until 3-4am in winburn hall, at my apt in copper beech, at eagle village, everywhere. just friend me on facebook (marcus harness) and we can get some games in. i'm looking to start a crew at southern and we can play other schools' crews and all that.

seriously some of the best smashers in statesboro are the locals like Tavares/blackbird (on smashboards) and some other guys i know (Matthew and Jon). i've been here all summer playing with them getting better and we are coming to this tournament. there are at least 18-20 people i know that are VERY COMPETENT smash players here (ie. using advanced tactics, wavedashing, l cancels, shffl's, etc). when you get here, just contact me and we'll get a game going.

Carter88

Smash Journeyman
YES. we have a big tournament every semester hosted by the school's video gaming club. we play every night until 3-4am in winburn hall, at my apt in copper beech, at eagle village, everywhere. just friend me on facebook (marcus harness) and we can get some games in. i'm looking to start a crew at southern and we can play other schools' crews and all that.

seriously some of the best smashers in statesboro are the locals like Tavares/blackbird (on smashboards) and some other guys i know (Matthew and Jon). i've been here all summer playing with them getting better and we are coming to this tournament. there are at least 18-20 people i know that are VERY COMPETENT smash players here (ie. using advanced tactics, wavedashing, l cancels, shffl's, etc). when you get here, just contact me and we'll get a game going.
Well, when I get to georgia southern and statesboro, I'll be the best one there. :) I can't wait to whoop some southern *** and show you guys how it's done.....just kidding. But seriously. This is gonna be cool, we definitely gotta play a good bit and maybe whoop some other colleges. Can't wait.

PADA

Smash Rookie
You're from Columbus PADA???? Have I met you????
nah dude. i was supposed to play in g4s, but, summer school was starting, blah blah blah. plus i never got into smash until 2 years ago when i started school at gsu. i was supposed to play with alpha x2x but i haven't been back to columbus since christmas. i have played gawes but that's probably the only guy you know of.

come to this tourney and we can do some friendlies!!!

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I can't. Everyone from Columbus is going to LTEC2 (except me, I'm broke), and I'm not allowed to take the car out of Columbus yet... >.> Having parents sucks lol.

StarFox1616

Smash Rookie
well pada i might need a partner for teamz cuz the guy i with right now im teaching advance tatics, but it might not fall through, but no one hast yet answer my question of is the tourny at somebodee 's house a lil more description would help

PADA

Smash Rookie
well pada i might need a partner for teamz cuz the guy i with right now im teaching advance tatics, but it might not fall through, but no one hast yet answer my question of is the tourny at somebodee 's house a lil more description would help
sorry dude. i got a teammate already. i just decided to team up with him like a few days ago. we actually have practice today.

oh everybody i can take a few people in my living room in my apt. i have a couch a chair that's not bad to sleep in and a big floor if you don't mind sleeping on it (sleeping bag suggested).

blackbird

Smash Cadet
Seven Deadly Sins this is for you

Gamertag: Tron
Team Name: T2T

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
If any1 wasnt sure if they were coming and have decided please tell me. If u have already said that u were coming than sorry for repeating your name. The people i still have questions about are Prac, GACarter, Laijin and Ares. Thanks for replies.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
I really wanna *** to this.. we will see tho//
if im not in NJ i will *** to this...

Seven Deadly Sins

Smash Cadet
OK THIS IS MY LAST CHANGE,. How about the REAL tourny be on the 4th of august? thta date works for me, and smash aid doesnt conflict. Don't worry, those of you who r comming on the 7th, it is NOT canceled, as we said on the 1st page, so come to both if possible, but if you cant come to both, then try to come to the real tourny on the 4th of august. ok awsome. Reply if you need to tlk about it

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Thx for EVERY1 replying to my question so that i know how to make pools. Ill be cheking the thread every day to find out who is coming for sure. August 4th is when we r thinking about making the "real" tourney seeing as this is kind of a warm up(as earlier mentioned by sds), so as far as i konw there are not any conflicting tourneys with this one. If there are any plz tell us now so that there wont be 3 last minute date changes like the tourney this saturday.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Well. Seeing as how the person who was gonna take me to this is going to LTEC2, i'm on a conquest to get a ride there as well. :\
Sorry guys, most likely I won't be able to make it.

Edit: You guys really did pick the worst date possible.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
There's always the 4th. And once again that, AS FAR AS I KNOW, is a good date. Correct me if other wise. To sds and ss118... u guys sure u dont want to make a seperate thread for the one on the fourth. Many people who already decided they cant make the one on the 7th might not look at this thread any more. s a question of not feeling like making a thread...ill do it. Just tell me if u wanna make a new thread or not. Sorry for repition, and ttyl.

PADA

Smash Rookie
OK THIS IS MY LAST CHANGE,. How about the REAL tourny be on the 4th of august? thta date works for me, and smash aid doesnt conflict. Don't worry, those of you who r comming on the 7th, it is NOT canceled, as we said on the 1st page, so come to both if possible, but if you cant come to both, then try to come to the real tourny on the 4th of august. ok awsome. Reply if you need to tlk about it
why not make this the day after or day before ltec2? so the big names can play this before or after it... :/ ... just a suggestion.

Seven Deadly Sins

Smash Cadet
Pada. Most likely people will be tired of smash, or they just wana kick back after LTEC, considering its 2 FAKIN DAYS LONG!!! (excuse my french). Neways, Im going to make a thread about my Tourney in the regional Zones, so Look for it. Bye~

StarFox1616

Smash Rookie
well how many people do you guys think will be to the tourny on saturday, and does anyone thnk that the tourny will be at someones house, ive asked this before but no one seems to want to answer the question, EITHER WAY I WILL BE THERE, BUT IS THE TOURNY AT SOMEONES HOUSE?????

i mean i dont wanna ring a doorbell asking for litlle billy and im a grown looking guy, its kinda wierd you know

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
It is at some1's house. But we will have about 8 stations. The date is definitely the 7th. There is a "main" S.A.V.A.N.N.A.H. tourney on August the 4th, so we r treating this one kind of as a warm up. The thread for the other one is u, and it is also at some1's house. And just in case some1 didnt notice, the tourney now starts at 12:00. By the way if u go to the August 4th tourney asking for "little billy", you will get a guy who's 6 feet+. Just thought u might like to know that. That would be seven deadly sins. Hope i answered all questions seeing as the "warm-uup" tourney is in 3 days. If there r any more questions about the first tourney pm me or ss118. If there are any questions about the second tourney, look at the thread or pm me me,ss118, or Seven deadly sins. =)

blackbird

Smash Cadet
me and 5 others are coming....only 2 of us are participating in singles though. the rest will be doing teams.

Top Bottom