• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.A.V.A.N.N.A.H Tourney July 7th

Prac352

Smash Lord
Wow,
Not cool, dude. People have to request off work and stuff to make these kind of happenings. We need set dates so we can plan things out and make these tournaments attendable.

I know some unforseen circumstances happen, but if you're changing the date so that a certain few people can make it after many others have changed their plans to accomidate the prior date, I really don't think it's fair to make such a change.

Since it looks like you're certainly changing the date, we do need 100% confirmation on it. My boss will not be happy with me requesting every other weekend off, and I will certainly not be happy if half those requests are for nothing because the date gets shuffled around.

Prac352

Smash Lord
. . . I can't honestly say it will stay at this date, but assume it will, cause that's most likely going to be the acual date.

Its stuck on the 28th. I realized this, but the whole tourney COULDN'T be hosted on that date because something for THEM came up.
Not my fault, but I'll take the blame if I must :/
I'm not playing the blame game. If the tourney can't happen on a certain date, then it just can't.It just seems like this should have been figured out before setting a date.

I'm confused. You said it's still liable to change and then you say it's stuck on the 28th.Clarification please.

I'm not trying to be an ***, I just need to be sure about things before I start screwin with my summer.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
****. **** **** **** **** **** **** ****.

I can't do it dude. Wes' tourny weekend starts that very next day, and I don't have the $$ (unless I would win Savannah :p) to pull both of them off just like that.

Sorry :(

ss118

Smash Master
Wow, I really hate to get on people's bad sides, and to change the date for a THIRD frigg'n time, but it will OFFICIALLY, no withdrawing, no cancelling, absolutely certain it will be on the 7th.
Yes, its progressed to a week BEFORE it originally was stated, I'm sorry for people who can't make it, but please back off for a while so I can get myself together.
I'm really sorry, guys.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Well.

Now, instead of having the tournament they day before a big tournament, you have it the day of a bigger tournament.

Guess i gotta cross this off my list :/

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Yeah, no one's gonna drive to Savannah for a tourney when they could drive a little further and go to a southern circuit tourney.
:/

Ares726

Smash Ace
I don't what all the date change stuff is about, but if you explained things in more detail then nobody would be mad. If the tourney is held on the original date you'll have a bigger turnout. If the tourney is on July 7th, everybody is going to be at LTEC2 so don't get discouraged by a smaller turnout. People who can't afford to go to LTEC and those who don't want to go to a tourney that big will probably go to S.A.V.A.N.N.A.H. In my opinion you should host it on the original date if at all possible. If that's completely impossible, just understand that some of us will be at LTEC2. Don't make it the day before Wes's tournament though. Even less people will come.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If the date is changed to the 7th, then I also cannot make then tournament.

ss118

Smash Master
I'm not mad at anyone who goes to LTEC2 over this(I would), I'm mad at the people who said they'd hold it there scheduled some1 before us, and didn't tell us until now.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
GOD ****ING DAMMIT. Articanus...you better ****ing change the date back to the 14th or no one will come to the tourney. Besides the fact that the low turn out would completely ruin the tournament, i also would only have a week to practice smash b4 the tourney, considering i would have just gotten back. Im also a host for the tourney, so either plz give a VERY good reason for changing the date, or plz change it back to the 14th. Thats all im going to say besides that i would like a quick reply. Thanks for cooperation, and if there isnt any cooperation then i dont know what to say. Awaiting your reply(and hopefully date return)...I just realized that u said u werent going to change the date but still, the main turnout of the tourney was going to be on the original date. Also a good amount of people coming to the original date were people i really wanted to play. This apparently sux for the majority of people but its your choice...i still want an answer about the matches with xylem.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Im not mad and i got yr pm...its just that i dont have unlimited access to the internet, and i have very limited control over whats happening since im so far away. I sent u a reply and its more frustration than anger. 5 more days till i get back and i truly agree with anomic punk...some1 SAVE SAVANNAH!!!! K thats about it and sorry if i annoyed y'all with that message. For the last time...what happened with xylem (im giving up after this time =). Once again im sorry about flaming i was just frustrated...i take blame for it. Reply to my pm soon plz =).

ss118

Smash Master
GOD ****ING DAMMIT, DRUGGEDFOX!!!!!
The matches with Xylem are good, he's amazing at ^B cancelling, and hes a good Samus playa, too.

ss118

Smash Master
Unless I find another place(which I'm REALLY trying to do), yeah.
And if it is moved, I have to go somewhere on the 14th now, so I won't be able to go.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I sent uy a pm about this branden...but still...who is they, and where r "they" located. I miss all u savannian players but ill see you all soon.

xylem

Smash Cadet
Is there anyone else who lives in savannah that I can practice with? SS118 is good, but he seems very busy right now. If so, just give me a PM about with your address, a time, and a number. I can come over right now if you just give me an address.

StarFox1616

Smash Rookie
can u guys post a number or a update of when this is going down , cuz im a savannah local from gsu and i swear having me there will send a couple folks home heart broken

ss118

Smash Master
This is goin down July 7th, the 1st saturday of the month.
Look at the first post for more info.
And sorry, Chris, I have been busy, and I probably will continue to be, and I'm sorry I can't play you as often as I would like to. =(

Seven Deadly Sins

Smash Cadet
SS118, you MUST RESCEDULE, il be at Scout camp, yes everyone, im a boy scout(sadly..........) Im leavnig to go to camp on the 7th, just make it like atleast a week after the 7th dude. PLEASE, I WANT TO COME

Seven Deadly Sins

Smash Cadet
Date of tourny is starting to get reall anoying

Guys, i am one of those people that can "provide another place for the tourny,", however, i cant d it on the 14th or the 7th, l be gone those days. OK, you guys give me a guess, what day would be the best for all of you, not including 7-14 cause il b gone tht week. sorry, if ud rather keep it on the 7th thats ok i guess, i just cant come.

BALLZ!!!!! I HATE JULY. how about August..............or maybe POSSIBLY the 28th, i know i can on the 28th, of July, not August. dam. well anyone who can come, please tell me

Prac352

Smash Lord
Guys, i am one of those people that can "provide another place for the tourny,", however, i cant d it on the 14th or the 7th, l be gone those days. OK, you guys give me a guess, what day would be the best for all of you, not including 7-14 cause il b gone tht week. sorry, if ud rather keep it on the 7th thats ok i guess, i just cant come.

BALLZ!!!!! I HATE JULY. how about August..............or maybe POSSIBLY the 28th, i know i can on the 28th, of July, not August. dam. well anyone who can come, please tell me
The 28th puts you a day before Smash Aid. You might want to take that into consideration.

Just be decisive, set a date, and stick to it. I'm scared to clear my schedule now. I know **** happens, but seriously 3+ date changes is a teetering on ridiculous. I can probably attend on the 21st, but I'm just one guy.

ss118

Smash Master
Rob.... no, just...no
I've already pissed everyone off by constantly changing the date..... this isn't a very good "First Tournament of Savannah" impression ever. I think we need to have it on the 7th, and if at all possible, host another one at a more solid date, somewhere later in the year.
I'm really sorry. I screwed everything up :/

StarFox1616

Smash Rookie
i really just want some solid info on the tourny, are we sure its the seventh, then is it at someones house, how big do you expect the turn out to be, what are the skill level of these players, come on guys im not callin anybody out i just really wanna know before i take off work

ss118

Smash Master
Its the 7th. If SDS wants to host a 2nd tournament on the 28th with such a short notice, be my guest.
But the one on the 7th WILL stick. It WILL be here for any and all Savannah lovers. XD

Top Bottom