• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rusty Guillotine Mafia | Ovah

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
How is Zen simple? Is that someone you can read well? Why are we discussing someone I just brought up to prove a point in a game where he does not exist.
And yet you keep talking about it like it matters. My point wasn't even about Zen; it was about how you can't accept what a person that you are totally ignorant of tells you at face value.

I would be able to get a grasp of whether he was able to read someone well and see what the other person thought of this.
And create a clash of egos. "I can read Peekajoo like a book", "Nuh uh, no you can't!" Heck, even if the other person AGREED, then what's the point? Keep in mind that we are a talking about a total stranger that you have NEVER had contact with before. What is the basis for your "reads" from that sort of crap?

I never said I was gonna completely agree with his read but I was curious to know.
Simply curiosity? "That's all it was" is what I hear from that. I thought you were gathering information?

What basis does someone have to evaluate a friend? None.
I'm sorry, what? People cannot evaluate their friends, the people that they are most in contact with beyond family (and sometimes more than)? That implies that total strangers' opinions on friends are just as reliable as friends'; is that what you are saying?

I don't read people's past games to find out how they play really. I stick to what I have personally experienced with them in games and how they play in general during the game.
And Gordito was supposed to "know what you were doing". What about Ryker, Total Stranger? What was he supposed to do, if he followed your philosophy?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Day 1 - Votecount 0 (6/11)

J (3): Cello_Marl, Gordito, Sworddancer.
smargaret (0):
Ranmaru (0):
-Joey- (0):
Gordito (1): J
July (0):
Sworddancer. (1): Ranmaru
Cello_Marl (0):
Ryker (0):
KevinM (0):
giraffelasergun (0):

Not Voting (6): smargaret, -Joey-, July, Ryker, KevinM, giraffelasergun

Deadline: 02.20.11 11:59PM EST

My co-mods and I will do our best to place votecounts near the top of every new page (40ppp).

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J, you have to admit, that post did not seem very rvs like at all. Plus, it's kind of ironic that after Gord accussed you of OMGUS that you voted him right back.

Take a chill pill dude, you need to calm down.

unvote
vote J
I did not know I was getting heated?
Do my posts come out hostile to you?
And does my posting have to seem very RVS as in it should be template version like yours and Rans and Gorditos?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Also I'm content in my paragraphing with Cello for now.

You're right Cello.

Now other people need to comment on our exchange.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
J said:
Gordito, how would you feel about being the D1 lynch?
I'd wake up.

J if you're town, please, go back to your b**** persona. Cuz at least when you were a little b****, you were pretty good at the game.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gordito why have almost all your posts telling me to go back to being a *****.

There is better things to comment on.

I.E. What do you think of Cello?
Why do you say "if" I am town if you find me to be scummy?
Also that sentence is a straight up lie that people have told me to my face otherwise. Quit trying to re-buddy and answer the questions people have asked you and comment on other things.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh lord I can't wait for the onslaught of questions by J due to my #47.

And now, this post.
Onslaught? Was that an onslaught?

If you expected questions why did you make such a post that was going to warrant questioning?
Why make that post and not keep it in your mind, it seems like you are trying to get an audience to agree/disagree.

Is this an onslaught?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Swords, did you vote me to cool me down?

Doesn't a vote normally raise anxiety in someone and make them more worried about being lynched?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
^Answer Gordito, don't dodge.
He...did. He said that it was "deflecting".

So you believe I am scum 100%? I should die as of now correct? Or do you just want me dead? Your answer will be some-what crucial to mine and other's thought process of joining my lynch and how to follow you the rest of the game.
Yes, yes, yes, and what do you think scumhunting is? Duh.

So you agree he has incomprehension. Noted.
OK?

So you can tell me what most people will do? Why are they not willing to commit? Would you say they are afraid to speak? Did you know in a subtle way you are defending Gordito? Why?
Most people will say, "I think it's scummy, but I don't think it's enough for a lynch". Because MOST (not all) people do not find a few posts worthy for a lynch. Same answer. I am attacking you, if you wish to interpret that as a defense of Gordito, then feel free to do so. I will most certainly consider him town if/when you flip scum.

What is your "why" in reference to? It doesn't make sense contextually.

I was asking if he was willing to be decisive and commit to his vote of voting for my lynch. That's what a serious vote is supposed to commit to in which he said his vote was serious. Yes, the last question is dependant on my flip but maybe he should talk about if I were to flip town or mafia.
And expecting that he wouldn't be. A "serious" vote can be for pressure as well as to kill. And once again, HOW and WHY people decide to get on your wagon matters MORE than simple presence. The fact of the matter is that it is unreasonable to claim your flip would determine the alignments of SIX unknown players; while I and Gordito would be likely to be on you at that time, it is not certain. And certainly not all four could be scum, nor would it be entirely likely that all of them would be town. Quoting "one would be" is simply an exploitation opportunity for scum, and would be avoided by anyone with reason.

Cello, who's getting killed N1? You or Me or someone who leaves the least amount of questions? Who has the best reasoning to kill Gheb? I think you and I can guess who it is by process of elimination. Should we?
A Townie. Unknown. Scum. By all means, if you have the ability (you don't. Evident by the fact that you DON'T EVEN KNOW ALL THE PLAYERS)

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I did not know I was getting heated?
Do my posts come out hostile to you?
And does my posting have to seem very RVS as in it should be template version like yours and Rans and Gorditos?
You come off as anixous very early. In your 16 I did not get any hint of RVS, instead it seems like you felt immediatly threatened by Cello, even though he was only a few posts in.

To respond to your other question to me:

Gord I don't think anything of yet.
Cello I think is Cello.

#HBC | Gorf

What do I think of Cello? I agree with em, so I doubt my answer's gonna make a difference, but I'm getting a good feel for him right now.

Ooh, mr jailhouse lawyer over here. I say if because I've been wrong on reads before. Big deal? Nah.

J, the sentence is the truth. Sure, your play was unorthodox, but you were good. You did well with your style.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Gordito said:
J, the sentence is the truth. Sure, your play was unorthodox, but you were good. You did well with your style.
What would you say to people that say that you are acting unusually?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I felt threatened by Cello? Nah.

Cello should I just vote myself so you can not tunnel me all game and just scum-hunt? Would you be content with that, if so, I'll vote for myself. I refuse to self-hammer though. I'm only here to talk. As in I need to be lynched right?

#HBC | Dancer

J I voted you because I think you're already scummy. I'm not trying to help you.

J, what do you make of Cello right now?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Sworddancer said:
Cello I think is Cello.
Good job saying not a damn thing. "X is X" must mean something, for it to MEAN SOMETHING. To you, is a person acting as expected a Town indication or not? If not, then what does it mean?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
What would you say to people that say that you are acting unusually?
I was berated from my play and also some other things. I am fine with the way I am playing because now people do not have a problem that much anymore. You can ask Cello_Marl. He would know exactly what I'm talking about.

I agree with Cello, you are acting unusually with compliments and not commenting on anything.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
J said:
Cello should I just vote myself so you can not tunnel me all game and just scum-hunt? Would you be content with that, if so, I'll vote for myself. I refuse to self-hammer though. I'm only here to talk. As in I need to be lynched right?
You should already be aware that I don't believe that anything said in defense of the self is reliable, and I've already said I'm good with you dying. Because you said this, I have absolutely no qualm with you voting for yourself and dying.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J I voted you because I think you're already scummy. I'm not trying to help you.

J, what do you make of Cello right now?
So you believe I am scum from my posts? Why don't you go ahead and point out specifics for me? Why would you not try and help me? Isn't that what town is supposed to do?

Cello knows what I think of Cello.
J knows what I think of Cello.
Swords is Swords.

When are you going to be useful? Speak up soon please.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You should already be aware that I don't believe that anything said in defense of the self is reliable, and I've already said I'm good with you dying. Because you said this, I have absolutely no qualm with you voting for yourself and dying.
I'll do it later, more time to discuss first.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I generally oppose lynching someone that has their own vote on themselves, regardless of my reads.

#HBC | Gorf

I'm in the damn argument, how am I NOT commenting on anything?

And what compliments, aside from how I said your old play was good, are you talking about? I'm actually ridiculing you by saying that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh I said it to be quaint like him.

It reveals nothing about a persons thoughts on someone.

Cello, if one of Gordito/Sworddancer was scum, who is from their posts so far?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm in the damn argument, how am I NOT commenting on anything?

And what compliments, aside from how I said your old play was good, are you talking about? I'm actually ridiculing you by saying that.
Hmm more biting, less barking.

How are you in the argument? Did me and Cello invite you into our conversation? Where did you comment again?

Point out your substance posts please.

Also ridiculing? You've lost your touch.

#HBC | Dancer

I think Cello is acting townish. Cello has a personality unlike anyone here, so for him to be acting like his usual self is an indicator of towniness.

J just a moment I'll get right back to you.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Cello, if one of Gordito/Sworddancer was scum, who is from their posts so far?
Assuming that you are not, then Gordito. If you are, then I refuse to answer.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So Swords you are using meta to clear yourself on Cello and not based on his actions?

And I can wait till 2/20 where that is the longest time till my lynch cannot be postponed too.

Cello, I agree to your response.

#HBC | Gorf

J said:
How are you in the argument? Did me and Cello invite you into our conversation? Where did you comment again?
Shut up. The fact that I'm posting and you're being aggressive toward me indicates me being in the argument.

I see a lotta nugs lookin, but not a lotta postin. And if I get ninja'd then -______-.

This game's gonna be really stupid isn't it?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Already train wrecking on D1 huh guys?

No one claim, though the self vote idea is super scummy.

Only skimmed just wanted to stop this fun bus for a little bit.

Sup Cello, long time no play :).

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
About Cello v J

If I had to choose one of you two to be scum, it'd be J. idk right now though. Him being at L-3 this early is kinda rediculous lol.

Reading the thread now :3

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Shut up. The fact that I'm posting and you're being aggressive toward me indicates me being in the argument.

I see a lotta nugs lookin, but not a lotta postin. And if I get ninja'd then -______-.

You avoided the questions. Why?

I see alot of people viewing as well but quite alot were not in this game. Why point this out?

KevinM, I know self-voting is a scummy act to some ancient players (FF has ripped me a new one for self-hammering and I am never self-hammering again unless it's part of my wincon) however if it's the best action then that is the way to do if Cello will get on track.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
About Cello v J

If I had to choose one of you two to be scum, it'd be J. idk right now though. Him being at L-3 this early is kinda rediculous lol.

You picked a side before reading.....why?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
KevinM said:
Sup Cello, long time no play .
That, indeed. At any rate, if we're lucky, we can always rely on Ryker as a hard-carry.

Still, train wrecks are so fun to watch.

As of this moment, where do you think would the vote is best placed: Gordito or J?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
J said:
You picked a side before reading.....why?
Unvote

About Cello v J

IGMEOY

Gordito said:

Vote Gordito

You really can be seen a mile away, can't you?

#HBC | Gorf

What questions did I avoid? Those 3 were dumb questions. I've commented on you being scummy already and the whole 9 yards.

No you didn't invite me, but I saw your footprints on the magical yellow brick road and decided to follow it to your conversation. Happy with me answering your dumb question?

I commented plenty.

I pointed out the people cuz smargz and bean**** weren't responding and I saw em and I was like hmm...

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Now you're just skimming.

Beatstick is not in this game.

Also I'm not being aggressive.

Your posts are full of air.

What do you hope to learn from Smarg?

Top Bottom