• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

Chepe

Smash Lord
And people believe the one that hasnt prematurely leaked any confirmed inside info to gain our trust...

WOW.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I'm getting kinda unhappy, as each new prophet tries to debunk the previous one about Ridley's position (if any) in brawl. The IGN guy now says that Ridley isn't even part of a stage???? The most recurring Metroid rep that could have been playable demoted to sheer nothingness? I can't even imagine this. I refuse to believe any of these prophets until the game comes out. If Ridley is revealed to not be a boss, playable or otherwise, I'll be sad, but realize I can't do anything about it...just let the 24th come already, PLEASE.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait for the updates to begin again, just so people will be too busy complaining about those updates instead of having to resort to making up false information to try and please the masses who are now hungry for info... all of these 'leaks' are really cute and all, but it's beginning to get a little bit boring now.

To be fair on them though, quite a few of these leakers have pretty good taste.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
I'm getting kinda unhappy, as each new prophet tries to debunk the previous one about Ridley's position (if any) in brawl. The IGN guy now says that Ridley isn't even part of a stage???? The most recurring Metroid rep that could have been playable demoted to sheer nothingness? I can't even imagine this. I refuse to believe any of these prophets until the game comes out. If Ridley is revealed to not be a boss, playable or otherwise, I'll be sad, but realize I can't do anything about it...just let the 24th come already, PLEASE.
The only thing he said about Ridley is that he wanted to be-dunk Nin10dough. He said that Ridley was not part of the stage. That's all he said. He did not confirm or deny Ridley's inclusion. Using the phrase "Take that as you will", suggests that he doesn't confirm or deny Ridley.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I like the new prophet, but still

*sits and waits for debunk hammer*
Exactly what do you like about him? He's actually confirming many characters NOT being in the game (I believe he "deconfirmed" 3 characters in my sig :(). Do you like it simply because it's believable?

Kittah4

Smash Ace
The IGN prophet goes for hope-crushing "reality" while the new Gamefaqs one with Krystal, Ridley, and Mona tries for a more "feel good" approach, with the strange exception of Sheik.

These two directly contradict each other, so they can't both be right. They also CAN both be wrong, but one of them will probably err more correctly.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
There is no logical inconsistency with his predictions. ChaosZero and Serebii's statements actually agree with his statements. However, Wolf using Melee Weapons and like a ninja? That logically wouldn't be true if Nintendo is making moves suited to the characters, as the only ONLY Starfox character WITH a melee weapon IS Krystal. If Falco was going to get replaced with a user of Melee Weapons, it would be Krystal, since her staff IS the ONLY melee weapon in Starfox. It could be true, but then Dr. Mario COULD return as a fighter for Brawl.

Also, why would they change Ness' moves, when Ness could've gotten Lucas' moves and vice-versa. If Ness is going to be in the game, he WOULD BE A CLONE! I deem this Improbable.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I may have over-reacted here. I read it like twice again, and realized he was de-bunking Jajamaru-guy's prophecy that Ridley was part of a stage...
I believe this guy to an extent more than the others, only b/c he implies that Ridley is a playable or a boss.

Revven

FrankerZ
And people believe the one that hasnt prematurely leaked any confirmed inside info to gain our trust...

WOW.
I don't 100% believe him, I'm just going to keep my eye on him. He may not have any credibility whatsoever like Chaos Zero does, but, neither did the guy who leaked Melee's roster. He just sounds legit and he's not outlandish like Nin10dough or Vatro Xu are (though Vatro Xu is less outlandish but, his case is different because he holds a wealth of information and reveals it all in one post without being cautious like this current guy).

He can be wrong, hell, all of them can. It's just fun to watch them and feed the flames to see what comes of it. You push people away and you don't get much entertainment, do you? We had no updates to look forward to this week, this is about the only entertainment value SSBB has decided to offer this week aside from the Jump Festa information we got today.

Honestly? Nobody has said they believe him and if they have it's because he's being very cautious. Me? I'm just going to watch what happens and maybe fuel the flames some for amusement. Any one of these guys could be right no matter who or what finds a way to de-bunk the. One thing is for sure though, this guy sounds legitimate.

Boofer

Smash Ace
There is no logical inconsistency with his predictions. ChaosZero and Serebii's statements actually agree with his statements. However, Wolf using Melee Weapons and like a ninja? That logically wouldn't be true if Nintendo is making moves suited to the characters, as the only ONLY Starfox character WITH a melee weapon IS Krystal. If Falco was going to get replaced with a user of Melee Weapons, it would be Krystal, since her staff IS the ONLY melee weapon in Starfox. It could be true, but then Dr. Mario COULD return as a fighter for Brawl.

Also, why would they change Ness' moves, when Ness could've gotten Lucas' moves and vice-versa. If Ness is going to be in the game, he WOULD BE A CLONE! I deem this Improbable.
Actually, ChaosZero's says that Falco WILL be in the game. So one is definitely lying.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Exactly what do you like about him? He's actually confirming many characters NOT being in the game (I believe he "deconfirmed" 3 characters in my sig :(). Do you like it simply because it's believable?
I laughed out loud when you said (I believe he "deconfirmed" 3 characters in my sig :( )

I beleive him cause its believeable.

Yep.

And thats why I like him.. he's not all out there and such.. we need to keep an eye on this guy

Chepe

Smash Lord
I don't 100% believe him, I'm just going to keep my eye on him. He may not have any credibility whatsoever like Chaos Zero does, but, neither did the guy who leaked Melee's roster. He just sounds legit and he's not outlandish like Nin10dough or Vatro Xu are (though Vatro Xu is less outlandish but, his case is different because he holds a wealth of information and reveals it all in one post without being cautious like this current guy).

He can be wrong, hell, all of them can. It's just fun to watch them and feed the flames to see what comes of it. You push people away and you don't get much entertainment, do you? We had no updates to look forward to this week, this is about the only entertainment value SSBB has decided to offer this week aside from the Jump Festa information we got today.

Honestly? Nobody has said they believe him and if they have it's because he's being very cautious. Me? I'm just going to watch what happens and maybe fuel the flames some for amusement. Any one of these guys could be right no matter who or what finds a way to de-bunk the. One thing is for sure though, this guy sounds legitimate.
Oh, Id like to believe him (yeah I agree that he sounds legit), but since he clashes with ChaosZero's Falco leak, I cant because only Chaos has proven credible. Thats the thing. ONE of them is spewing BS then, and ChaosZero is the only one that has given us a probable leak.

Yeah I am having fun with this, but I just think its ridiculous when people believe something out of nowhere. I guess only Nin10dough and Vatro Xu are real ones to stay away from. But, would people rather believe this IGN guy over ChaosZero?

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
ChaosZero and IGN dude are the front runners here.

Vatro Xu is somewhat less so, but Jajamaru-dude is just off his rocker.

Revven

FrankerZ
But ChaosZero and IGN dude clash. Dont people see?
I do, I'm more inclined to believe Chaos Zero than ChaoticImplosion (the IGN "leaker"). It's kind of funny though that both their usernames start off with "Chao"...

Connection much? Or merely coincidence?

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
^Interesting theory...

BTW, I'm happy no matter who of these four is right because my #1 most wanted character, Wolf, is playable!

Ness returning is the only thing I question from the IGN Dude's info.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Actually, ChaosZero's says that Falco WILL be in the game. So one is definitely lying.
Right, thanks for correcting me... ChaosZero has more cred because of Dragoon... So it degrades to very unlikely.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
I agree with the IGN dude on what I've been suspecting all along.

The Dragoon kid found one piece of info and then made up the rest of it.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
It doesn't seem like it will be, since the following has been said:

Nin10dough: Geno, Cecil, Jajamaru
Chaotic (IGN guy): NOT Megaman, NOT Bomberman, NOT a Sega, NOT a Rare, NOT a Square...

Vatro Xu & ChaosZero haven't said anything on the matter...

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
This IGN guy doesn't sound believable in the slightest. He's terribly inconsistent.

He claims that he can't reveal more characters because of legal reasons when even one reveal would instantly break any non-disclosure agreements. THEN he claims he's posting where he can't be tracked, so why not just spill the beans? THEN He claims ChaosZero has some correct info but wrong info as well. Sorry, you really can't have it both ways.

ChaosZero has already gotten something right that would normally be hard to predict, but since he's a secondary source, it's hard to judge how reliable the first is or was.

At this point, I don't believe any but I think VatroXu's is the most believable. At least he doesn't beat around the bush and gives a bunch of vague hints; he actually delivers.

These next few weeks should be entertaining.

CatLikeThief

Smash Rookie
Jajamaru would be an awesome addition, but seeing as how hes suppossably third party, if anything Megaman would be next in line for that spot.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Chaotic said that Nintendo owns SOME of rights to Geno.

No Square Enix means no Geno. That's false, because Nintendo still owns some of the rights to the character. I'm not saying he's in or out, I'm simply saying he doesn't count as a third party character.
Is this true? I thought Square owned Geno 100%.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Who is this vatro Xu I keep hearing about?
Look on page 27. I may be a bit biased since I like so many of the characters he listed, but he still sounds the most convincing. That being said, I still think there's a 99% chance he's lying. It's so very easy to make something sound believable on the internet.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Look, Geno's situation isn't Black and White like people put it... Who exactly owns him is not really clear...He, in the least, has ownership in SQUARE...maybe full ownership, maybe not.

But he was produced by both Nintendo and Square at the time, not just one

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Vatro Xu said:
Alright, I've bided my time long enough. This board and others has been an occasional source of amusement recently and to some extent, I've enjoyed observing the fake rosters in order to feel smug about myself. However, this Nin10dough incident is the final straw for me. It's painful to sit by and see so many people swallowed in by his crap (among others) so I figure I'll give the facts now in order to both free people of all these false "prophets" (could you guys have picked a stupider word to describe them?) and be the first to give valid unconfirmed information on Super Smash Bros. Brawl (a more or less pointless title, but one to feed my ego).

About my position and knowledge, I am not a Nintendo employee. I am just a guy who is lucky enough to know the right person. I have not played the game myself, but I have been shown official screen shots of tons of important things previously unknown, therefore I trust my source about the others matters including of which can't be proved with screen shots (such as which characters were removed).

You may not believe me now, but chances are you'll believe me some time before the game comes out.

Also, yes, I'm a provisional account. I created this solely for the purpose of giving info. Don't try to play the "n00b" crap or whatever.

Starting Characters:

The rest of the starting line up consists of Captain Falcon and Krystal. This in fact does mean Shiek and Ness are removed as playable. They aren't secret as I made a point to ask about it. By the way, I am well aware that Aunuma said that he submitted designs for Shiek in Brawl so don't try to act like you've caught me in a lie because of this. Even though he did, Shiek still didn't make it for whatever reasons. Ness should come as no surprise. I don't know the specific updates Sakurai has planned out for every day, but I should dang well think Captain Falcon and Krystal will be announced soon since the release date is so close.

Secret characters:

A few things first, just to put us on the same page: I'm fairly sure Snake and Sonic are unlockables so I won't include them. Secondly, there are clones. The proportion of clones to characters with original move sets doesn't seem to be as high as it was in Melee, but there's still a good portion of them. Where people ever got the idea Sakurai is cutting them I'll never know (and even if he did say he was, which he didn't, he lied). Also, I have not seen these characters in action so I do not know all of their move sets and such. I can make some judgements and speculation from the screen shots however.

Here are the unlockables that I know of (which should be the majority):

Veterans:
Marth, Ganondorf, and Luigi. Now, I have not heard anything about the others, so don't get all pissed off that I didn't include Jigglypuff or Mr. Game and Watch. I just don't know about the others at this point and I didn't ask.

Newcomers (original move sets):
Andy, Ridley, Ray (I don't know if he has a number attached to his name, but he looks pretty similar to the DS incarnation), Mona, Lucario, Captain Olimar, and Lip (the Lip's Stick item means nothing so don't even say it),

Newcomers (clones):
Will (Andy Clone), Black Shadow (Captain Falcon clone), Wolf (Fox clone), Vaati (Zelda clone), Eliwood (Marth clone)

Remember, THESE ARE ONLY ONES I KNOW. Just because I didn't include Geno or Isaac or whoever does not mean they are definitely not in.

Stages:
Again, these are only ones I remember being told about or have seen myself. It's likely there will be more.

New stages:
Venom - Almost nothing like it was in Melee. It takes place on the new Great Fox and had lots of green water in the background
Krazoa Palace - a very accurately done version of the top area where Krystal was trapped
SR388 - This is a planet from the Metroid series but I haven't seen it myself
Popples - From Panel de Pon. The main platform is a long rainbow
Diamond City - In the spirit of Onett, it takes place by Mona Pizza and has a lot of recognizable buildings in the background. Supposedly, Pizza Dinosaur and Dribble and Spitz's cab drive by as a hazard
Mirror world (probably not the actual title) - Simply the hub from Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Koholint Island - Rather generic looking, but it had the famous egg in the background
A Nintendo Wars stage - From what I hear, it's like the Castle Seige stage in that it isn't meant to represent a specific game, but rather the whole series. Sorry I can't give more details than that.

Old stages:
Planet Zebes
Sector Z
Peach's Castle
Jungle Japes

Sadly, I couldn't get any info on music but whatever. Furthermore, I don't care at all about online or Subspace Emmisiary so I didn't bother to try to gain info relating to those. Call me shallow, but characters and stages (and to a lesser extent music) are what makes this game for me.
That's who Vatru Xu is.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Interesting...

Not sure about that one.

But all of them have Mentioned that Wolf is playable.. Which just makes it seem more true.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Isn't Vatro Xu false by default, because of no Sonic stage? We have music already, it should be a given that Sonic will have a stage in the game and yet he failed to mention it.

EDIT: Also worth a mention... 4 Star Fox stages?! 4 Metroid stages? All very unlikely

Gold_Darkness

Smash Apprentice

Considering what was said at the end credits of Mario and Luigi, yes, Square Enix is the copyright holder of the Geno character.

Here's what the credits actually say (source @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H4DxquxqDA):

Mario and Luigi credits said:
All Rights, including the copyrights of Game, Scenario, Music and Program, reserved by NINTENDO. Regardless of the above-mentioned, the copyright of the character "Geno", reserved by SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Isn't Vatro Xu false by default, because of no Sonic stage? We have music already, it should be a given that Sonic will have a stage in the game and yet he failed to mention it.
This is what he said:

Stages:
Again, these are only ones I remember being told about or have seen myself. It's likely there will be more.

Revven

FrankerZ
He said countless times in his post that he only asked for certain things, that everything in his post isn't everything that we don't know. No way would there be only like 9 or 10 more stages we don't know about yet when Melee had 29...

Top Bottom