• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
My criterion for Pokemon Master is catching every Pokemon in existence.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
You can't be the best. You haven't beaten me in Challenge Cup.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Well the short answer is it died. But after BSL asked that question I looked for the old social groups and couldn't find them, so maybe it's just gone for good.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
So I missed the last bus several minutes ago. No one I know is gonna pick me up at this time, so I'm gonna take a long walk, probably 7 miles this midnight. I remember saying "I would've walked all night", but I guess I should have said "I would've walked all night at New York." Now I'm doing this in orlando. :urg:

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Hello!

Am a Melee/P:M played trying to get back into Brawl. Originally a ZSS (before a hiatus), and tried to get back into Brawl using her, MK, and Kirby. However, friends think my Olimar is the best so I'm strongly considering him.

My first question is (I know there's a Q&A thread but I didn't want to make two separate posts), is it practical to make sure you have the right-colored Pikmin to do what you want? Ex. You know the blue Pikmin has the best throws so you would have to manipulate your line-up to be sure your blue Pikmin makes the grab.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yes, very practical. It isn't very hard to do either. Learn to Rosa Parks and keep track of your pikmin. Very very useful.

asob4

Smash Champion
Oli in PM is.... strange. I don't like what they did to his fsmash, and certainly don't like that they took my precious whistle away from me. But, I can play him more aggressively which is more my playstyle and he has a much more reliable recovery. Besides, I can always just fall back to falco if things get ugly

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
they turned him into ****

but don't worry my friend. we can rebuild it.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Full hopped n-air from the ground combos into stuff. The knockback is the same as if you short hopped it, but instead you end up right next to the opponent.

And I still do the whole upair->upb trick, lol. That or a falling upair after the first. Double jumping the n-air just seems too unsafe if they catch on.
I have a tournament this Sunday and I've been training all month for it! What are some things that I can incorporate into my game. Picture me as a professional Olimar, but not quite as good, though I am pretty good.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
You mainly gotta do things people don't expect. Like being flashy, just as Mr.R is. You can't come close to them as they also come close to you.

That's what I'm thinking constantly whenever I play.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
You mainly gotta do things people don't expect. Like being flashy, just as Mr.R is. You can't come close to them as they also come close to you.

That's what I'm thinking constantly whenever I play.
Okay, what are some good combos that he can use? I know down throw-u smash (though I don't know the % threshold), but what else is there?

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
We can hope, but they need some sort of direction to take him, he's literally a ****tier version of brawl olimar with more weight and a small wavedash.
I like his recovery, don't quite like what they did to him. He should be sort of like Sheik: only let's you approach on his terms, but instead we get Roy with a projectile.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Okay, what are some good combos that he can use? I know down throw-u smash (though I don't know the % threshold), but what else is there?
You can make a string of combos after that one. The most common is f-air or u-air. You can counter from above with n-air and follow with a u-smash. Try to handle camping with side-b, and if they try to approach, just give em' either a grab or pivot grab.

Also, side attacks aren't as crappy as you think. If you're out of pikmin, try to use those moves as your opponent may try to stop you from getting more. I mostly like d-tilt because it pisses people off.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
You can make a string of combos after that one. The most common is f-air or u-air. You can counter from above with n-air and follow with a u-smash. Try to handle camping with side-b, and if they try to approach, just give em' either a grab or pivot grab.

Also, side attacks aren't as crappy as you think. If you're out of pikmin, try to use those moves as your opponent may try to stop you from getting more. I mostly like d-tilt because it pisses people off.
I love his tilts, but f tilt and d tilt can be shield grabbed easily. Same with dash attack. F tilt on the ledge is a great use for it, knocks them back out there and it's relatively safe.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I NEED help dealing with Meta Knight. It's a very pressuring MK, I can't get anything going because he's constantly chasing me. I need help.

Top Bottom