• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy Vs. Ike

Jibbles

Smash Apprentice
Roy technically says that he fights for his friends, but minus the coolness factor and the understandability

"守るべきもののために、負けられない!" "Mamoru beki mono no tame ni, makerarenai!", which translates to "For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!"

But imo Roy doesn't deserve to be in Brawl. He's just an underpowered (Marth has tippers, yeah...) and slowed down version of Marth wih worse recovery and red spiky hair. At least Ike's different even though I don't like him very much.

JusticeWillPrevail

Smash Cadet
Ike > Roy. Though I did start to like playing Roy around like 4 months before Brawl came out, I knew he had no chance in making it. Still I like Ike better anyways.

Fletch

Smash Master
Once again. I'm sorry for having an opinion and thinking Roy was better. I personally dislike Marth, but go on. Continue to be a condescending ***.
Just saying, in Melee, Marth being better than Roy was as close to factual as an opinion could get, as nearly every possibly aspect about Marth and every move he has is almost indisputably better than anything Roy had to offer.

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
Once again. I'm sorry for having an opinion and thinking Roy was better. I personally dislike Marth, but go on. Continue to be a condescending ***.
It has absolutely nothing to do with opinion. Marth was better than Roy. He was faster than Roy, he was stronger than Roy and his range was better than Roy's. Those are facts. Marth was the better character, and no amount of fire graphics will change that.

Ike players who want to get good learn their character and all his quirks and techniques. Roy players who want to get good switch to Marth.

Fletch

Smash Master
It has absolutely nothing to do with opinion. Marth was better than Roy. He was faster than Roy, he was stronger than Roy and his range was better than Roy's. Those are facts. Marth was the better character, and no amount of fire graphics will change that.

Ike players who want to get good learn their character and all his quirks and techniques. Roy players who want to get good switch to Marth.
While I totally agree that Marth is absolutely the better character, most the comparisons that can be made are based on opinion (e.g. Roy's counter is better than Marth's, strength in the middle of the blade is better than the tip, etc.).

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
While I totally agree that Marth is absolutely the better character, most the comparisons that can be made are based on opinion (e.g. Roy's counter is better than Marth's, strength in the middle of the blade is better than the tip, etc.).
Yeah, Roy did have a better Up-B though, but i'm sure Aether is a good replacement

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Roy was included among the Forbidden 7 characters, so he was probably planned to return early on in development. But they decided to add Ike instead, probably because PoR/RD are more popular in Japan. But if Roy had gotten in over Ike, he probably would've had Ike's moveset with a few tweaks here and there (Aether replaced with Blazer).
I just find it odd that they didn't add him in as an alt costume for Marth. They had plenty of time, and it would only be a cosmetic change, but oh well.

Ike Himura

Smash Rookie
Roy was a clone with teh phirez and hes not a very good charcter even in Fire emblem 6 he was pure garbage and useless one of the worst lords in the series if not the worst. Ike on the other hand well he fights for his friends and he is a beast in his games even if hes low tier it dosent matter because he has a cool cape and a huge sword and of course ill say it again he fights for his friends.

moonsoul

Smash Rookie
I think it would've been nice to have Roy in brawl. Not saying he'd be amazing in the game but I don't think three fire emblem characters would be too much. I'm sure they could've made him less clone like as well.

icicleblade

Smash Apprentice
Roy was a clone with teh phirez and hes not a very good charcter even in Fire emblem 6 he was pure garbage and useless one of the worst lords in the series if not the worst. Ike on the other hand well he fights for his friends and he is a beast in his games even if hes low tier it dosent matter because he has a cool cape and a huge sword and of course ill say it again he fights for his friends.
I hate clones... Roy's also the WORST lord ever in Fire Emblem, and Ike's the complete opposite- he kicks ***. Both in Brawl and in Fire Emblem.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Cry about it all you want, they are both good.
I'd say that it would be a tie, *puts up omega flame shield* Because Roy may have a load of power, but Ike has more power, and better smashes.
I wish Roy was back, too.
But Ike suits me perfectly.

RWB

Smash Ace
I hate clones... Roy's also the WORST lord ever in Fire Emblem, and Ike's the complete opposite- he kicks ***. Both in Brawl and in Fire Emblem.
Ike is not the complete opposite.

Sigurd is. Ike doesn't match up.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Cry about it all you want, they are both good.
I'd say that it would be a tie, *puts up omega flame shield* Because Roy may have a load of power, but Ike has more power, and better smashes.
I wish Roy was back, too.
But Ike suits me perfectly.
Actually, no. Both aren't that good at all, to be honest.

Ike would be completely worthless if he didn't fight for his friends.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Roy was too much like Marth, Ike feels different in a good way. =P

Lant

Smash Journeyman
qq more, nab.
It pains me to ask this, but what exactly is "qq"? Do you spend time hanging out on the warcraft forums?

Protip: It's Q_Q / Q.Q etc, notice how it slightly resembles an emoticon now? Shock!

Oh, and just to be on topic, I prefer old Marth, new Marth is a *******, hurr hurr as if it wasn't hard enough to combo in Brawl, let's allow him to break almost any combo with counter \o/

As for Roy and Ike, Roy has red hair, ergo he is far superior.

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
I like both. Roy remains my main in Melee, and Ike is one of my sub mains in Brawl. Although I do have a hard time adjusting to no Roy in Brawl. I just liked playing him a ton more than the characters in Brawl. I would've liked Roy to be in Brawl, but I was doubting it.

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
I don't even get the argument behind having Roy in Brawl. He was just a promo character and was almost an exact clone of Marth. They changed Marth slightly to and added in Ike. I personally think Ike deferves the place better because he actually has a different move set.

Genghis Krahn

Smash Cadet
Also, the spelling here is atrocious.
Haha. Couldn't have put it better myself.

I actually prefer Ike over Roy & Marth. He`s the only one of the three that really interested me. I don`t use him often, probably since I have yet to play a Fire Emblem game. But his moveset and style were good enough that I actually enjoy using him.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Um... Alm and Leaf suck way more than Roy.

And Ike isn't THAT impressive in Brawl, I feel Marth way superior, but yes, he got some good moves, but he is not the best.

As for Roy and Ike, Roy has red hair, ergo he is far superior.
I'm gonna QFT this, most of the FE Lords have blue hair, boring.

TengenToppaDrill

Smash Apprentice
Your mom's house... Calgary Alberta, Canada, Earth
...Don't say that. Seriously.

Roy= The pimp.
Ike= Ambigiously gay. With Soren AND Ranulf.
GTFO Smashboards. I'm dead serious. Ike is not gay. Leave this can of worms closed:mad:
Screw Ike, he is homo
Like, say, your mother. Argument is invalid.
Um... Alm and Leaf suck way more than Roy.

And Ike isn't THAT impressive in Brawl, I feel Marth way superior, but yes, he got some good moves, but he is not the best.

I'm gonna QFT this, most of the FE Lords have blue hair, boring.
First, of all, when all stats are calculated from the ACTUAL fire emblem series, Roy is the weakest lord of all (except maybe michiah). As for blue hair being lame. I have just one thing to say:

Roy is so much cooler. People make it seem like Roy is really bad in his game but he's way better once he gets the sword of seals.
And without it he's useless:p
Done...

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Roy is so much cooler. People make it seem like Roy is really bad in his game but he's way better once he gets the sword of seals.

Nibbity

Smash Journeyman
i was mad because Roy was a clone of Marth only with fire...but I really did like his character. I think if they brought Roy back with Ike's moveset and final smash, I would be happier. Ike is cool though, maybe a lot of people werne't happy because it was just a weird change. Can't picture Roy talking though...

Top Bottom