• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
censor dodging last I remember is frowned upon kiddos
Fixed mine as well

Btw which Roy palette should I use for the tourney next week?

Trying not to copy some other people so here's my mindset about me choosing:

^Choice 4------------^ZeRo---------------^Sethlon-------------^Choice 3----------^MasonEliwood--^Choice 1----------^Choice 2-----------^StaticManny

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
*enters thread*
Fixed mine as well

^Choice 4------------^ZeRo---------------^Sethlon-------------^Choice 3----------^MasonEliwood--^Choice 1----------^Choice 2-----------^StaticManny
Blue Roy. Always.

*leaves thread*

Fixed mine as well

I wanna see Blue Roy most, the one based off Eliwood, even if I do use it. I'm actually flattered to be mentioned since I'm still a nobody who wants to grow. Use what feels right. Even if you do end up with the same colors as someone else, I know several red Roys, several gold Roys, several default Roys, etc. and they differentiate themselves through their play. Despite both Pyro and Sethlon being notable Melee Roys who use the same color, it's really easy to tell them apart.

I don't think ZeRo's gonna branch into Roy enough to be known for his Roy, so I'd say red is fair game.

If you wanna avoid the four with names, I like Choice 3 most by a large margin, followed by 1, followed by 4, followed by 2.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Oh! I see possible made a Celica Alt (in her game the Thunder/Levin Sword existe) for Robín... But... Micaiah? What could she uses as a sword? XDU
That's true; I forgot Micaiah uses tomes and not swords.

If you want to learn Melee/PM then I'm decent at teaching them. I primarily focus on fundamentals (little simple/overlooked/tried and true things adding up to build a solid foundation) plus the mental game and how to figure out someone's habits and what they want in-game (reading, punishes) so it might be different than how quite a few people would approach it. I beat my region's solid players with Roy very frequently so I'm probably not the worst tutor.
Eh, well that'd be nice but I don't have a copy of PM unfortunately, haha. Thanks for the offer, though.

Anyway, I see you're using my Eliwood drawing as an icon and I am flattered. Did you know I drew that, or did you just happen to find it somewhere? :3

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Anyway, I see you're using my Eliwood drawing as an icon and I am flattered. Did you know I drew that, or did you just happen to find it somewhere? :3
really you drew that?
it's rather lovely kid
Sothe, Micaiah tag team though
41813644_p0.png

Fixed mine as well

not much point in asking me, I like all but the gold recolor

Eh, well that'd be nice but I don't have a copy of PM unfortunately, haha. Thanks for the offer, though.

Your dA was the first thing that popped up on your profile, but I've seen your art months before your intro the the thread somehow.

really you drew that?
it's rather lovely kid

Sothe, Micaiah tag team though
View attachment 73495

not much point in asking me, I like all but the gold recolor
I might be inclined to just not like gold because it's now the only palette swap that's not an FE character on Roy. It doesn't bother me on Marth or Ike, since they have multiple palettes that are separate from FE. When Roy just has that one palette, it starts to hit.

It also doesn't just... pop like in Melee/PM. It still looks okay, but something was lost on the journey here. Meanwhile, green stopped being ugly, blue started making sense, red got that Bionicles look, default is sexier. Everything got more rounded out which I like.

Sothe and Micaiah tag team?

They ****ing killed Yune...

Sothe and Micaiah as a tag team where one summons the other for a good amount of moves, they switch off, or where they're an Ice Climbers imitation would have been cool for SSB. Even one just in a Final Smash like Robin/Chrom deal would be neat.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Actually, a Sothe and Micaiah tag team being quite suggested as idea during Brawl speculation, even before Awakening's actual pair up system(which was sorta implemented in Sm4sh with Robin's Final Smash). That's what this discussion reminds me of. Ah yes, when Micaiah was actually actively supported...

Actually, a Sothe and Micaiah tag team being quite suggested as idea during Brawl speculation, even before Awakening's actual pair up system(which was sorta implemented in Sm4sh with Robin's Final Smash). That's what this discussion reminds me of. Ah yes, when Micaiah was actually actively supported...
She has some active support in a thread @ Troykv Troykv frequents.

Troykv

Smash Master
She has some active support in a thread @ Troykv Troykv frequents.
Hi guys!

I'm trying to put the Micaiah's Thread with some activity... But is difficult post because I don't want do pointless double post (unlike other people... (?) ).

If someone is interested can click the lin in the Signature.

:happysheep:

Troykv

Smash Master
I don't know SmashBoards in that days... owo... Al least Japan still want her in certain extention.

The poor bird

Like your art style
Poor Yune xDU

Last edited:

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
https://youtu.be/6B5Ohrq5oGs?list=PLYZgMVJh4PSsnNuiP7XaPx8pQ8DfBdUwU

https://youtu.be/2073QYBZkZ0?list=PLYZgMVJh4PSsnNuiP7XaPx8pQ8DfBdUwU

I apologize if I interrupted a conversation of this, but I want you all to know that this is my channel. It's full of matches where I play Roy (alongside Ryu). And I would be very happy if you would watch these two replays I uploaded and subscribe to my channel. These two matches were pretty intense for the Young Lion. So yes, please let me know if you have subscribed to this channel. And I would be very welcomed if any of you would give me your NNIDs in a private message too where you can fight my Roy, who is clearly one of my two mains, (the other one being Ryu of course.).

Last edited:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
alright I'm actually really sorry about this in advance two advertisements in a row yay

So I've been streaming my FE6 journey and forgot to post it here. I figured some of you would want to check it out? Also I really need advice please h e l p m e twitch.tv/guineapig126 for anyone who wants to join in the fun or, rather, massacre of Shanna dying five million times.

EDIT: I'm done, I'm really done. I can't beat 11A. Not streaming anymore.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Lel np

Man wish Saturday would just come already. School sucks
Tell me about it. Yesterday I watched my local's livestream and it ended like at 10:45 PM... Y'know, seeing how the events can run late at night, and I have I get up at 5:50 AM at the latest the next day for my morning class, I don't think I'd want go to the weeklies even if my Monday nights were free. Maybe if the venue is in walking distance, but by bus it's like an hour. And I need ever hour, no, minute of sleep. I'm not like a :143: but I feel more like an :063:. My Pokedex entry would probably be something like: Croph, the Average Person Pokemon. Sleeps 18 hours a day in order to build up art-based powers.
Fixed mine as well

I honestly use a different palette depending on my mood lol. Roy looks good in all colours, and we need like a Random button for palette swaps. But if there's a particular colour you like, don't be afraid to use it even if another player uses the same one. Except if you're doing Roy doubles online and you want to use the same palette as your partner... My sister and I like to troll online by both playing Wario using the classic blue colour and do dumb stuff, but at times I forget which Wario I am and accidentally SD lmao.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'm trying to put the Micaiah's Thread with some activity... But is difficult post because I don't want do pointless double post (unlike other people... (?) ).

alright I'm actually really sorry about this in advance two advertisements in a row yay

So I've been streaming my FE6 journey and forgot to post it here. I figured some of you would want to check it out? Also I really need advice please h e l p m e twitch.tv/guineapig126 for anyone who wants to join in the fun or, rather, massacre of Shanna dying five million times.
Shanna not the greatest, specially if she has a bad start, Tate/Tito/Thite (however you want to say it) on the other hand

there's a cutey
heh, she's actually one of my better units at the moment
View attachment 73547
she's stronger than Roy
more accurate than Roy
crits more often than Roy
faster than Roy
Roy wins in HP and Def by 1 point in each though
how did you manage to even get her above her base defense <.<
Sothe and Micaiah tag team?

They ****ing killed Yune...

Sothe and Micaiah as a tag team where one summons the other for a good amount of moves, they switch off, or where they're an Ice Climbers imitation would have been cool for SSB. Even one just in a Final Smash like Robin/Chrom deal would be neat.
but what if yune is the final smash...

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
First time I used Shanna she was stuck at 6 strength till about level 15 or so ._., I prefer Thite in that regard, oh yeah and HM bonuses are cool too. But she's(Shanna) a pretty good unit otherwise(and utility-wise for being a flying unit and rescue-bot earlygame. is very useful, especially for visiting those villages before the brigands).

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
If anyone is online right now would they be down for some matches? Need some practice and gameplay criticism before game day. Want to make sure I look good when I rep our boy

I'll be on for the next 4 or so hours

Last edited:
I'm tired of endless scrub Roys on YouTube whenever I search for any new players by upload in Melee. We haven't had any real Roy results since 2005 and 2006, and I want everyone to stop being stuck a decade behind. A lot of Roy players act like he's top 8 and a lot of people in general just brush him off as bottom 8. He's either really overrated or really underrated. The whole deal won't just go away or be forgotten if everyone leaves it be. I want to show that he's Pikachu/Yoshi/Ice Climbers-level good. The only thing holding me back from this is a lack of practice partners, hence why all my practice comes from 4 online and why I focus so much on 4. I'm gonna continue to bide my time, since I'll have 24/7 practice months from now. That's going to be my true starting point. Still gonna make a name in the other games.

Last edited:

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
Well it kinda sucks when you're not living at the heart of your state's smash community. In California it's in SoCal but I live in NorCal :/

If I lived in SoCal maybe I could have befriended ZeRo

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Well, my city has weeklies at another place on Saturday which is much better for me. In fact they just made an announcement for the weekly a few days ago, though I couldn't make it for this Saturday. But I hope to practice in the meantime for maybe next Saturday or whenever. I'd be down for some matches if you guys want (I need all the experience). Although tonight I'm running short on time, so perhaps tomorrow or whenever.

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
Uploading some good highlights of my Roy game play on YouTube. Very hyped for my tournament Saturday. Criticisms/compliments welcomed.

Seen some of your guys' Roy but you guys haven't seen mine. Don't wanna be left out

Edit: I put my channel up in the video thread but i might as well put it here too

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6oMhvji7K0bxUiCbXUx9gw

Gonna upload a Diddy Kong match tomorrow

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
A pretty cool thing just happened at school today...

Later in the day, everyone in our program was invited to a presentation about the program (I was debating whether to go or not, but they were serving free pizza and cookies so how could I refuse? :p). Basically alumni came in and showed everyone their sketch books (a lot original stuff and artwork they did for classes) via a projector screen thing and gave advice. This one guy had a lot of Smash 4 fan art done in marker. There was Meta Knight in a few poses and a really good Sheik and some people were like, "Hey it's Sheik!" Then Roy popped up, and a few were like, "It's Roy!" Glad I got to see the awesome artwork, but I wanted to talk to the artist but there were so many people up front. Then after the presentations I lost track of him and it was getting late... and it takes a while to get back home... Well, I left a bit early but seeing that Roy artwork made my day.

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
A pretty cool thing just happened at school today...

Later in the day, everyone in our program was invited to a presentation about the program (I was debating whether to go or not, but they were serving free pizza and cookies so how could I refuse? :p). Basically alumni came in and showed everyone their sketch books (a lot original stuff and artwork they did for classes) via a projector screen thing and gave advice. This one guy had a lot of Smash 4 fan art done in marker. There was Meta Knight in a few poses and a really good Sheik and some people were like, "Hey it's Sheik!" Then Roy popped up, and a few were like, "It's Roy!" Glad I got to see the awesome artwork, but I wanted to talk to the artist but there were so many people up front. Then after the presentations I lost track of him and it was getting late... and it takes a while to get back home... Well, I left a bit early but seeing that Roy artwork made my day.
Man, that must of been so cool. What did his style look like? Also, what field are you majoring in? Didn't know you were into art.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
The Metagame thread is done for the most part (it's been that way for like two weeks now lol). All I've gotta do now is start quoting folks and we can finally get to really discuss Roy stuff.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Man, that must of been so cool. What did his style look like? Also, what field are you majoring in? Didn't know you were into art.
Hm, not really sure how to describe his style... I guess it was pretty bold with the colours and there were thick outlines. I'd like to experiment with markers now that I got a new pack actually. They're no ordinary markers... they're art markers!

As for the field, well, I'm taking a general art program (1 year) that teaches you fundamentals and help build a portfolio. I like to draw, but I'm not very good at it. My school offers animation (3 year program) or concept art and illustration (I believe 2 year). But I'm not really sure what I'd like to get into after. I hope by the end of this year I'll have a better idea, although I'm leaning more towards concept art or even game design (if only I didn't suck at programming lol).

Cool thing is, a few of my professors were animators for some of my childhood cartoons. When they listed the shows they worked on, I was like internally fangirling. :laugh:

Last edited:

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
Uploading some good highlights of my Roy game play on YouTube. Very hyped for my tournament Saturday. Criticisms/compliments welcomed.

Seen some of your guys' Roy but you guys haven't seen mine. Don't wanna be left out

Edit: I put my channel up in the video thread but i might as well put it here too

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6oMhvji7K0bxUiCbXUx9gw

Gonna upload a Diddy Kong match tomorrow
Any tips/criticisms? Sorry my tourney is tomorrow so I just wanna make sure I know what I'm doing right and wrong

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
This update Kreygasm
Any tips/criticisms? Sorry my tourney is tomorrow so I just wanna make sure I know what I'm doing right and wrong
i don't know enough about Roy to give advice on the character but for fundamentals: when we played a couple days ago i noticed that every time you missed a tech i would run towards you and you'd roll back, giving me a free up smash

Top Bottom