• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
There's something nostalgic about the way this character plays, can't really put a finger on it but I think it has a lot to do with the aerial mobility. He has a pretty potent full hop game I find too.
Maybe also to do with it being like a middle ground between Marth and Ike, with melee and brawl tinges to it.
Yeah, I feel the same. It's hard to explain, but Roy feels kinda Melee-esque. And the weird thing is, it's only like now that I realize one of the reasons why I like Roy so much. I love that he's a fast faller, his ground speed, and his aerial mobility, among other things. Switching to Lucas for a bit helped me realize these things as I noticed the differences between the characters. Even things like fall speed make a big difference to me. And then I thought hard as to why I main Roy, and not Lucas. Or Sheik. Or whoever for the matter. In a game where Roy exists, it's kinda hard to go back to Lucas since I love how Roy plays and feels too much. Of course, I still play Lucas, Shulk, etc., but I just don't put as much effort into them.

When/if you get the chance, I'd love to know how things go with Roy offline for you.

On another note, I'm really disappointed because I have night classes at like the same time as my local's weekly. I was getting ready to go and I wanted my first tourney to be there because the community seems really nice, but then I got my schedule (I feel so dumb because I didn't think school could be a problem, I would've went earlier)... Oh well, gonna search to see if there's events happening near me elsewhere this month for now.

I hope they include Roy later on in the future.
Despite this, I still really want the game.
I'm probably gonna get the game too. Looks pretty fun! Just needs this song available tho <3

DLC, pwease? :sadeyes:

Last edited:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Ryu didn't either. Mario Maker is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. Still might get it with my fresh paycheck.

I need to see what Dr. Mario looks like.

Is there actual datamining or confirmation on Lucas?
It's been confirmed. I remember seeing it leaked, actually
I think this means that Lucas made it in time before SMM finished development, and not Roy, Ryu, whoever. Or there could be an update down the road. I wouldn't be surprised if we get additional content since it helps keep people interested and you could do A LOT with SMM DLC. Plus as much as I love Roy, I wanna see this guy:

If Roy really isn't a costume, I'll be pretty disappointed. But I'm kinda hopeful for future content.
DLC would be awesome. If it happens, I can't wait to see what they do with it.

But how can we make him jump realistically?

It's been confirmed. I remember seeing it leaked, actually

DLC would be awesome. If it happens, I can't wait to see what they do with it.

But how can we make him jump realistically?
"Leaked" or a fanmade project? Spriting is quick and easy for something like Mario or Fire Emblem, and we've known about these smash characters and Mario Maker's amiibo compatability forever. Fans have made realistic Fates portraits for Shulk, Falcon, Toon Link, etc. so I have no doubts at this point when it comes to being doubtful.

Yeah, I feel the same. It's hard to explain, but Roy feels kinda Melee-esque. And the weird thing is, it's only like now that I realize one of the reasons why I like Roy so much. I love that he's a fast faller, his ground speed, and his aerial mobility, among other things. Switching to Lucas for a bit helped me realize these things as I noticed the differences between the characters. Even things like fall speed make a big difference to me. And then I thought hard as to why I main Roy, and not Lucas. Or Sheik. Or whoever for the matter. In a game where Roy exists, it's kinda hard to go back to Lucas since I love how Roy plays and feels too much. Of course, I still play Lucas, Shulk, etc., but I just don't put as much effort into them.

When/if you get the chance, I'd love to know how things go with Roy offline for you.

On another note, I'm really disappointed because I have night classes at like the same time as my local's weekly. I was getting ready to go and I wanted my first tourney to be there because the community seems really nice, but then I got my schedule (I feel so dumb because I didn't think school could be a problem, I would've went earlier)... Oh well, gonna search to see if there's events happening near me elsewhere this month for now.

I'm probably gonna get the game too. Looks pretty fun! Just needs this song available tho <3

DLC, pwease? :sadeyes:
Get work for classes done like 52 weeks in advance, you might be able to afford to miss a class every now and then.

I do know someone in online high school education who gets all of his work done in a month and just chills for the rest of the year. I doubt that'd work in college anywhere though.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
"Leaked" or a fanmade project? Spriting is quick and easy for something like Mario or Fire Emblem, and we've known about these smash characters and Mario Maker's amiibo compatability forever. Fans have made realistic Fates portraits for Shulk, Falcon, Toon Link, etc. so I have no doubts at this point when it comes to being doubtful.

Get work for classes done like 52 weeks in advance, you might be able to afford to miss a class every now and then.

I do know someone in online high school education who gets all of his work done in a month and just chills for the rest of the year. I doubt that'd work in college anywhere though.
There's a video showcasing all of the costumes. Here it is: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rx7X_gAyT70 I believe it is around 4:20 heh

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

I know some professors put their lectures and homework online, including presentation slides and whatnot. Something like that would be easier to do. But can I get work done in advance in a photography course (that's the class happening the same time as the weekly)? Hm, I'll have to see... skipping a class occasionally won't be that bad if it's on a day nothing important is happening...

There's this building like 10 min away from me, which is a comic book store in the front. But in the back there's a big space (used to be a bowling alley) with card tables set up for tourneys in one section, and there's also a living room area with a projector screen to play video games. They even have rooms off to the side where there's a few arcade machines (MvC2, Galaga, and one other). It would be really cool if you could rent/reserve the room and host Smash tourneys. How big do venues have to be though? At any rate, the worker there (he gave me a tour of the building lol), was pretty encouraging to bring friends over and play video games in that back room.

Do you guys think it's worthwhile if I ask if Smash tourneys could be held there? Not saying that's something I want to really do, it's just the place would be close to me and it's such a cool building. There used to be a video game lounge on the same street as that building actually. One day I was like, "Yay! Let's check out that video game lounge which I've been meaning to since like forever!"... but when I got there, I only found a "sorry we're closed" sign on the door v_v lmao.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Hi guys! I'm not sure if it's appropriate for me to post an introduction here, but I'll do it just in case.

So I've been planning on maining Roy, and I've been loving him a lot so far. He has a few flaws, such as his recovery and approach options it seems. He is really addicting to play though; It's so satisfying to land his moves... Ughhh he's so amazing. I also use him because well... he's the closest we'll probably get to having Eliwood in Smash, lol. I always use the Eliwood alt for that reason. :3

Anyway, I like FE to a degree. I've played FE7/FE8, but I've never beaten them. To be fair, I'm not that good at strategy games; I'm more into the characters and story. My favorite FEs are FE7,FE8,FE4 and FE5.

I know some professors put their lectures and homework online, including presentation slides and whatnot. Something like that would be easier to do. But can I get work done in advance in a photography course (that's the class happening the same time as the weekly)? Hm, I'll have to see... skipping a class occasionally won't be that bad if it's on a day nothing important is happening...

There's this building like 10 min away from me, which is a comic book store in the front. But in the back there's a big space (used to be a bowling alley) with card tables set up for tourneys in one section, and there's also a living room area with a projector screen to play video games. They even have rooms off to the side where there's a few arcade machines (MvC2, Galaga, and one other). It would be really cool if you could rent/reserve the room and host Smash tourneys. How big do venues have to be though? At any rate, the worker there (he gave me a tour of the building lol), was pretty encouraging to bring friends over and play video games in that back room.

Do you guys think it's worthwhile if I ask if Smash tourneys could be held there? Not saying that's something I want to really do, it's just the place would be close to me and it's such a cool building. There used to be a video game lounge on the same street as that building actually. One day I was like, "Yay! Let's check out that video game lounge which I've been meaning to since like forever!"... but when I got there, I only found a "sorry we're closed" sign on the door v_v lmao.
You can use someone's apartment, a Domino's, a library, or even a gym as a venue. Definitely go for it, you'll be surprised on what and who you find from the experience. I'll do whatever I can to help this get going.

Hi guys! I'm not sure if it's appropriate for me to post an introduction here, but I'll do it just in case.

So I've been planning on maining Roy, and I've been loving him a lot so far. He has a few flaws, such as his recovery and approach options it seems. He is really addicting to play though; It's so satisfying to land his moves... Ughhh he's so amazing. I also use him because well... he's the closest we'll probably get to having Eliwood in Smash, lol. I always use the Eliwood alt for that reason. :3

Anyway, I like FE to a degree. I've played FE7/FE8, but I've never beaten them. To be fair, I'm not that good at strategy games; I'm more into the characters and story. My favorite FEs are FE7,FE8,FE4 and FE5.
-looks at my own username-
-sweats-

FE5 and FE6 are easily my favorite Fire Emblems. 5 is A++ pick.

I did not expect this. A pleasant surprise. The intro definitely wasn't a bad idea.

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
You can use someone's apartment, a Domino's, a library, or even a gym as a venue. Definitely go for it, you'll be surprised on what and who you find from the experience. I'll do whatever I can to help this get going.

-looks at my own username-
-sweats-

FE5 and FE6 are easily my favorite Fire Emblems. 5 is A++ pick.

I did not expect this. A pleasant surprise. The intro definitely wasn't a bad idea.
*Is flattered*

Haha, thanks! I really like the Judgral and the Elibe series for some reason. The Judgral series is dark, and the Elibe series has some of my favorite character designs. XD

As for Eliwood, I originally liked Roy a lot more at first. It wasn't until I heard that he had a father, who was playable in the 7th installment. I then looked up Eliwood for the first time, and his design began to grow on me. I found it even cooler that he was able to ride a horse after promotion; I like mounted units a lot, so this made me pretty stoked. He then just became my favorite lord. I honestly still can't explain why I like him; I just do.

When I heard that Roy was coming back for SSB4, I was hoping that Eliwood would be playable through an alt. Unfortunately, he wasn't, but I was happy that Roy was able to get an alt based on Eliwood's color scheme. Then again, Roy seems to use his sword differently than Eliwood. Roy almost uses his sword like a dagger kinda; I imagine Eliwood using his sword like a rapier, hence why ironically, I think he should have been a Marth alt instead. I would want him to be mounted in Smash, but having a horse riding character sounds difficult to implement. Perhaps the horse could be like Wario's bike, where it could be summoned and used for fast mobility, higher jumps, and more range. When the horse is dismounted, it disappears into thin air like Megaman's Rush Coil.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

You'll do fine.
Just remember, Roy isn't a marth clone, and you need to feel the dank mem-... da ph1r3.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Hey, it's totally fine posting intros here. In fact that's what many people have done.

No joke, it would be awesome if Eliwood is in Smash because then we'd have the best father & son tag team. ;) except Roy would be all like, "Wtf dad!? You look so young yet I'm much older now..."

I've found like one guide here on how to start a local scene, but I wish there's some more in depth ones. I'm not trying to be too ambitious, but I'm really curious how people basically created a Smash scene from nothing. Trying to find more examples because there's some inspirational stories out there y'know. But yeah, I'll be sure to ask them. I guess it's good to have a list of places that could be used as venues anyway.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
new recruit?
tumblr_nm3ovrioyh1sij129o1_400.jpg

I like this kid, where do we get more?

*Is flattered*

Haha, thanks! I really like the Judgral and the Elibe series for some reason. The Judgral series is dark, and the Elibe series has some of my favorite character designs. XD

As for Eliwood, I originally liked Roy a lot more at first. It wasn't until I heard that he had a father, who was playable in the 7th installment. I then looked up Eliwood for the first time, and his design began to grow on me. I found it even cooler that he was able to ride a horse after promotion; I like mounted units a lot, so this made me pretty stoked. He then just became my favorite lord. I honestly still can't explain why I like him; I just do.

When I heard that Roy was coming back for SSB4, I was hoping that Eliwood would be playable through an alt. Unfortunately, he wasn't, but I was happy that Roy was able to get an alt based on Eliwood's color scheme. Then again, Roy seems to use his sword differently than Eliwood. Roy almost uses his sword like a dagger kinda; I imagine Eliwood using his sword like a rapier, hence why ironically, I think he should have been a Marth alt instead. I would want him to be mounted in Smash, but having a horse riding character sounds difficult to implement. Perhaps the horse could be like Wario's bike, where it could be summoned and used for fast mobility, higher jumps, and more range. When the horse is dismounted, it disappears into thin air like Megaman's Rush Coil.
I run an Eliwood support thread, but it's more of a ploy to see him represented as a Mii Costume, as Project M content (if we get Hector armor for Ike and playable Lyndis but nothing for Eliwood besides a taunt that's no longer Eliwood-esque since 3.5 I'll be pissed), in Fates since he was left out of a new Awakening design, and anything else. I did go through the trouble of making a moveset and justifying him for Smash, as well as making a horse easily work via that thread, but I don't think Eliwood will ever happen or that he's the best idea. I still really want him to happen for character loyalty, and I will throw in a few more votes before October 3rd. I am glad that you see a horse as potential implementation.

Eliwood wouldn't really fit on any variant of Roy, imo. Vastly different stances, fighting styles, and weaponry. Marth has a similar stance and fencing style to unpromoted Eliwood, so that would be a cool alt. I like to think that the Shield Breaker that dashes forward (Dashing Assault?) is the most Eliwood move ever. Eliwood does have the potential to be 100% unique, despite being directly related to another fighter in Smash who is a semi-clone, which I find really awesome. Chrom and Lucina are both Falchion-wielders with the same classes, and we already have two Awakening characters, but Eliwood and Roy? You want a badass father-child duo in Smash, you've got a much better bet on those two. It's Elibe oversaturation for Smash, but Eliwood is the main character of our first overseas title and one of the most successful overall, and has much more unique potential than Lyndis and Hector, as well as bringing a lot the table via smash lore as a father-son duo, reveal potential, and a new deal (father-son in smash) for smash history so I'll take it. Some people wanted Roy with a fully-unique moveset, some people on Miiverse complained that Roy doesn't speak Engrish, some people cried out for lances or some unique mechanic, so they get everything they asked for. People who complained about these things pre-Roy to Roy supporters can't back out now. :laugh:

Glad to finally have someone who doesn't toss Eliwood to the side for Roy, Hector, or Lyndis.

Hey, it's totally fine posting intros here. In fact that's what many people have done.

No joke, it would be awesome if Eliwood is in Smash because then we'd have the best father & son tag team. ;) except Roy would be all like, "Wtf dad!? You look so young yet I'm much older now..."

I've found like one guide here on how to start a local scene, but I wish there's some more in depth ones. I'm not trying to be too ambitious, but I'm really curious how people basically created a Smash scene from nothing. Trying to find more examples because there's some inspirational stories out there y'know. But yeah, I'll be sure to ask them. I guess it's good to have a list of places that could be used as venues anyway.
I just asked for a venue, got it, set things up online and via fliers in advance, and just did what was needed on the big day. I found local players in a really small town and taught one of my friends super solid fundamentals that got him 2nd.

Anything can be a venue. Hell, an upcoming event I'm going to is a doubles-only event for a lot of games called BROMANCE 7 at a hookah bar in less than a month.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I run an Eliwood support thread, but it's more of a ploy to see him represented as a Mii Costume, as Project M content (if we get Hector armor for Ike and playable Lyndis but nothing for Eliwood besides a taunt that's no longer Eliwood-esque since 3.5 I'll be pissed), in Fates since he was left out of a new Awakening design, and anything else. I did go through the trouble of making a moveset and justifying him for Smash, as well as making a horse easily work via that thread, but I don't think Eliwood will ever happen or that he's the best idea. I still really want him to happen for character loyalty, and I will throw in a few more votes before October 3rd. I am glad that you see a horse as potential implementation.

Eliwood wouldn't really fit on any variant of Roy, imo. Vastly different stances, fighting styles, and weaponry. Marth has a similar stance and fencing style to unpromoted Eliwood, so that would be a cool alt. I like to think that the Shield Breaker that dashes forward (Dashing Assault?) is the most Eliwood move ever. Eliwood does have the potential to be 100% unique, despite being directly related to another fighter in Smash who is a semi-clone, which I find really awesome. Chrom and Lucina are both Falchion-wielders with the same classes, and we already have two Awakening characters, but Eliwood and Roy? You want a badass father-child duo in Smash, you've got a much better bet on those two. It's Elibe oversaturation for Smash, but Eliwood is the main character of our first overseas title and one of the most successful overall, and has much more unique potential than Lyndis and Hector, as well as bringing a lot the table via smash lore as a father-son duo, reveal potential, and a new deal (father-son in smash) for smash history so I'll take it. Some people wanted Roy with a fully-unique moveset, some people on Miiverse complained that Roy doesn't speak Engrish, some people cried out for lances or some unique mechanic, so they get everything they asked for. People who complained about these things pre-Roy to Roy supporters can't back out now. :laugh:

Glad to finally have someone who doesn't toss Eliwood to the side for Roy, Hector, or Lyndis.

I just asked for a venue, got it, set things up online and via fliers in advance, and just did what was needed on the big day. I found local players in a really small town and taught one of my friends super solid fundamentals that got him 2nd.

Anything can be a venue. Hell, an upcoming event I'm going to is a doubles-only event for a lot of games called BROMANCE 7 at a hookah bar in less than a month.
What do you think about every viable (no Alm/Celica or Lyn because AT) Lords potential as Smash characters? And if you want other popular ideas.

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
What do you think about every viable (no Alm/Celica or Lyn because AT) Lords potential as Smash characters? And if you want other popular ideas.
I can imagine majority of the lords as skins. For Marth skins, we'd have Leif, Alm and Seliph. For Lucina, (if she's not a separate character) she would have Eirika, Lyn and Celica. Ike would have Hector and Chrom, and Robin would have Micaiah. Now trying to incorporate Ephraim, Sigurd and Eliwood is a bit tricky. If Eliwood were in Smash as a promoted unit, he would be a Sigurd skin or vice versa. However, non promoted Eliwood would be a Marth skin. Ephraim could be an Aqua skin, and Aqua could be an Ephraim skin. Then finally, the two Corrins would be Marth skins.

This would be so awesome, but you know how people are about representation in Smash, and I highly doubt an idea like this would occur to Sakurai. Such a shame, because skins have a crap ton of potential. All you have to do is add voice acting and change the models a bit.

No joke, it would be awesome if Eliwood is in Smash because then we'd have the best father & son tag team. ;)except Roy would be all like, "Wtf dad!? You look so young yet I'm much older now..."
Lol, who said that we would be getting FE7 Eliwood? What if we got the FE6 one? Or what if we were able to switch between the two? That'd be pretty sweet lol. And thanks for welcoming me. I'm glad to be here. :3

Anyway, Smash scenes can happen literally anywhere. Today, I went to a PM/Melee tournament at a Spanish convenient store. I enjoyed myself there, even though PM/Melee is completely different from Smash 4. It's so fast paced, like... woah...

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306

Lol, who said that we would be getting FE7 Eliwood? What if we got the FE6 one? Or what if we were able to switch between the two? That'd be pretty sweet lol. And thanks for welcoming me. I'm glad to be here. :3

Anyway, Smash scenes can happen literally anywhere. Today, I went to a PM/Melee tournament at a Spanish convenient store. I enjoyed myself there, even though PM/Melee is completely different from Smash 4. It's so fast paced, like... woah...

Troykv

Smash Master
I can imagine majority of the lords as skins. For Marth skins, we'd have Leif, Alm and Seliph. For Lucina, (if she's not a separate character) she would have Eirika, Lyn and Celica. Ike would have Hector and Chrom, and Robin would have Micaiah. Now trying to incorporate Ephraim, Sigurd and Eliwood is a bit tricky. If Eliwood were in Smash as a promoted unit, he would be a Sigurd skin or vice versa. However, non promoted Eliwood would be a Marth skin. Ephraim could be an Aqua skin, and Aqua could be an Ephraim skin. Then finally, the two Corrins would be Marth skins.

This would be so awesome, but you know how people are about representation in Smash, and I highly doubt an idea like this would occur to Sakurai. Such a shame, because skins have a crap ton of potential. All you have to do is add voice acting and change the models a bit.
Oh! I see possible made a Celica Alt (in her game the Thunder/Levin Sword existe) for Robín... But... Micaiah? What could she uses as a sword? XDU

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

meh leif would be one of the few candidates as a robin recolor, Micaiah doesn't even use the magic robin does let alone a sword, it's just so hard to imagine

do try to avoid double posting in the future, you can always edit old posts

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
meh leif would be one of the few candidates as a robin recolor, Micaiah doesn't even use the magic robin does let alone a sword, it's just so hard to imagine

do try to avoid double posting in the future, you can always edit old posts
About the double posting: my bad. How can you add multiple quotes in one reply? :)

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
About the double posting: my bad. How can you add multiple quotes in one reply? :)
hit reply to more then one comment and you can quote the same post multiple times
this is the generic script it will give when you hit reply
Code:
[quote="Lady Kuki, post: 20128164, member: 289456"][/quote]
you can also make your own with these
Code:
[Quote][/Quote]
which look like this
I'm super immature

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

I'd be so up for FE6 Eliwood. They should make him really ill too, yet still able to kick major ass. That'd actually be pretty epic lol.

And you peeps are right. A venue could be anywhere... Now I'm curious what's the most awesome or strangest venue people been to. A convenient store sounds pretty awesome. Hookah bar even more lmao.

Also, omg

IKE CLIMBERS CONFIRMED!!1! there's actually some cool combos pulled off...

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
hit reply to more then one comment and you can quote the same post multiple times
this is the generic script it will give when you hit reply
Code:
[quote="Lady Kuki, post: 20128164, member: 289456"][/quote]
you can also make your own with these
Code:
[Quote][/Quote]
which look like this
Ah, thanks a lot for that!
I'd be so up for FE6 Eliwood. They should make him really ill too, yet still able to kick major ***. That'd actually be pretty epic lol.

And you peeps are right. A venue could be anywhere... Now I'm curious what's the most awesome or strangest venue people been to. A convenient store sounds pretty awesome. Hookah bar even more lmao.

Also, omg

Lol, I thought you said Ice Climbers for a sec. That was actually pretty cool. I have no clue how people do the whole climber thing. What's the trick behind it?

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Lol, I thought you said Ice Climbers for a sec. That was actually pretty cool. I have no clue how people do the whole climber thing. What's the trick behind it?
probably synchronized controllers so one controller does the input for two controllers

I don't see any of the Fire Emblem picks as viable for DLC, so it's really hard to rank anyone, but I'd be down for any.

Anyone can be incredibly unique, but it's a matter of what the series actually needs to celebrate its history, and at this point, it covers all systems FE is on

(Marth = NES, SNES, DS
Roy = GBA
Ike = GC, Wii
Robin = 3DS
Lucina = Freebie alt since she was the best candidate for a Marth alt and ended up as a 5 minute project)

and multi-game and/or major international continents and pieces of history in the series

(Marth = Archanea
Roy = Elibe
Ike = Tellius
Robin = Ylisse
Lucina = simple freebie)

FE's history is incredibly well-represented, and Robin (plus Lucina) represent modern Fire Emblem strongly on their own. The characters in Smash as of now are the closest balance to perfect I think FE can get.

These heroes are the main and most accomplished heroes of their respective continents and systems, so I don't think Fire Emblem has a chance of receiving future DLC fighters. Roy was justified and chosen due to his importance to the series and the role he fills, and he was already very difficult to fight for. I can see at least one newcomer 5-7 years from now if there is a future Smash title.

If you want to learn Melee/PM then I'm decent at teaching them. I primarily focus on fundamentals (little simple/overlooked/tried and true things adding up to build a solid foundation) plus the mental game and how to figure out someone's habits and what they want in-game (reading, punishes) so it might be different than how quite a few people would approach it. I beat my region's solid players with Roy very frequently so I'm probably not the worst tutor.

I'd be so up for FE6 Eliwood. They should make him really ill too, yet still able to kick major ***. That'd actually be pretty epic lol.

Also, omg

Those Ike combos had me Wilin.

You can easily do this in PM or 20XX Melee with one controller and certain settings, on 2-4 players. I need to try Ice Roys again soon.

Either that, or
https://www.google.com/search?q=vic...57.1128j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

PewPewU's tag when playing Roy was V I C E R O Y Z or something like that.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I think you plug in 2 wavebird (wireless GC controller) adapters and set them both to the same channel as one controller. So you play using one controller, but you can actually control 2 characters at the same time... I dunno, I never used a wavebird before so maybe someone who has two should test this. But I bet you can do some funny shenanigans with them at any rate.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I used Roy throughout pools at my tournament yesterday (which I ended up winning with ZSS).
I ended up losing to a ten year old's DK with Roy by getting stage spiked trying to kill his recovery a lot :< But solidly beat a lot of others. Roy's all about taking positional advantage through his movement choices and threaten with dtilt/jab/ftilt; his mid range shock value is crazeh with dash nair/fair but you couldn't be too overzealous with them. My grabs were all fthrow fair at low percent into dthrow uair for a very long time into fthrow reactive fair or dash attack for stocks. Using Roy's mobility specs to get in close with a power shield into forward smash = priceless, and demonically potent; 80% stocks were easy to come by.

I think Roy would have poor match ups... probably with many heavies (imo), and with some of the top tiers; he has a tough time against other sword users but nothing too harsh. His punish power with up-b out of shield or power shield fsmash is insane considering how reliably you could pull this off as a reactive and very well experienced player. He has nice utility in side/neutral-b as well in transcended priority and relatively solid moves.

Yeah, going to continue playing him, along with Marth as they both flow in a similar way but with different implementations which is splendid; next tournament which probably won't be as serious I'll see if I can take heavy Roy (+prob Marf) usage to finals.

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
so I was away for the weekend (trenslation: PORTABLE GAMES FO' DAYS!!!) and I finished FE8 (3ds ambassador programme thing), so the first thing I do is grind Lute to lvl 20 and spend all my money on stat boosting items to cap all her stats because... because... I just really like Lute I guess. Then I immediately start a new file so... that happened

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
so I was away for the weekend (trenslation: PORTABLE GAMES FO' DAYS!!!) and I finished FE8 (3ds ambassador programme thing), so the first thing I do is grind Lute to lvl 20 and spend all my money on stat boosting items to cap all her stats because... because... I just really like Lute I guess. Then I immediately start a new file so... that happened
God I love FE8
tumblr_nu7tmawW3r1qffew1o1_540.jpg

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
i hope your lute 360 noscoped some scrubs while she lived

D

Deleted member

I gotta continue playing FE8. I was so sick the past few months that I couldn't.

Roy is in the game now, but i still want to post this here just to show how popular Roy is in Japan.

Beign top 3 only behind Wolf and K.Rool is nothing to sneeze at .At makes his return all the more satisfactory to me.
The article featured Chronobound?!

Wow, the post credited from him ended up with both S-tiers and all of A besides the bottom of it in Smash, then nothing from B or lower. That's really eeiry.

Glad to see Snake, Geno, and Paper Mario on that poll.

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
I want Wolf to come back so bad. They need to put the Star Wolf theme from Assault back in there too

Also, going to another tournament next Saturday. Repping our boy again

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
I want Wolf to come back so bad. They need to put the Star Wolf theme from Assault back in there too

Also, going to another tournament next Saturday. Repping our boy again
Read the tournament Facebook page again and DLC might be banned depending if DLC characters will be on all their consoles.

Who should I have as back up

Last edited:
Read the tournament Facebook page again and DLC might be banned depending if DLC characters will be on all their consoles.

That's... incredibly stupid. There is literally no reason for them to be banned. EVO has been over for months, it's BEEN time for the meta to evolve. People who main DLC characters or want to counterpick as them should be able to on DLC setups, while others can play on other setups if it's that big an issue. People are bringing a $60 game on a $200-300 system, with $20-60 individual controllers and $20 adapters, why is shelling out a few bucks for character DLC an issue for these people? The same people who regularly pay up venue fees and entry fees, btw. I would shell out some money and hand out fives to see more Roys. Anyone responsible enough to bring a setup should be responsible enough to own all the tourney-legal stuff for it. Don't even bother bringing a setup if you don't have the legal stages and all characters unlocked as well as DLC characters and a GC controller adapter for those who use the controller. Really, it's not hard. If you have the money to enter a tournament, you should have had the money to prepare for it or future events. If a tournament can't prepare you for something like Apex or EVO, or any respectable major, it has failed fundamentally at doing its job. Please screenshot this and show it to the TO or TO's.

Don't bring a backup character for the sake of having a backup. That's letting them do this more. If they won't let you use your main without any remotely good reason, they're not worth you money or time.

Last edited:

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
Yeah I'm reconsidering. I just asked about this on the tournament thread so hopefully I get a clear answer. If this is the case I may have to go to another tournament that's taking place on the same day. However, that one is a bit farther away than I'd prefer while this one is in the same city as my college

Here's the tourney thread if you wanted to see it

http://smashboards.com/threads/wco-smash-4-tournament-san-jose-ca.417053/

Edit: Got my answer and the host(s) will ensure anyone who mains DLC will get the consoles that have DLC.

Still, no reason to not have every console with DLC

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Wow, the Roy's Support was really strong after the Ballot's Release o.o
he's always been popular in Japan
I wonder how popular Lilina is... least I find some swanky fan art
14641086.jpg

I know the orphans are popular

hmm, you think they would set it up so that they could direct people to systems with DLC and ones with out
Edit: Got my answer and the host(s) will ensure anyone who mains DLC will get the consoles that have DLC.

Oh, look at that I should read before replying more often
Don't bring a backup character for the sake of having a backup. That's letting them do this more. If they won't let you use your main without any remotely good reason, they're not worth you money or time.
But imma play Zelda till I die or till she is top tier

Yeah I'm reconsidering. I just asked about this on the tournament thread so hopefully I get a clear answer. If this is the case I may have to go to another tournament that's taking place on the same day. However, that one is a bit farther away than I'd prefer while this one is in the same city as my college

Here's the tourney thread if you wanted to see it

http://smashboards.com/threads/wco-smash-4-tournament-san-jose-ca.417053/

That's definitely a step up, thank you for doing this.

he's always been popular in Japan
I wonder how popular Lilina is... least I find some swanky fan art
View attachment 73285
I know the orphans are popular

hmm, you think they would set it up so that they could direct people to systems with DLC and ones with out

Oh, look at that I should read before replying more often

But imma play Zelda till I die or till she is top tier
Zelda Williams is a 10/10 so I believe we'll see her top tier status someday.

Top Bottom