• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

SonInk41

Smash Rookie
Spam Infraction Recieved
roy looks so hot like in ssb4 who do you like better ike or roy? lol i like roy better :meleeroy: VS :4myfriends: and :4roy:

i mean :roymelee: VS :4myfriends: and :4roy:

Japan:
Pit is top of A tier, Sheik is B

NTSC:
Pit is bottom of C, Sheik is on the lower end of D

What does that have to do with a Sh-- nvm
roy looks hot like this :4feroy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Japan:
Pit is top of A tier, Sheik is B

NTSC:
Pit is bottom of C, Sheik is on the lower end of D

What does that have to do with a Sh-- nvm
Huh, I didn't know Sheik's that high on Japan's tier list... I wonder why the gap is that big, maybe the different metagame/ruleset? Not many notable Sheik players here as well? I used to play a lot of Brawl Sheik back in the day, I feel like picking her up if I ever go play Brawl one day.

roy looks hot like this :4feroy:
Roy's always hawt. ;) But yeah, he looks pretty awesome in Smash 4.

Troykv

Smash Master
It's from a collection of cards that were sold as part of the 25th anniversary concert merchandise, I believe
A Card's Collections? And include Eliwood? That means that must have a Ike Card :p

Troykv

Smash Master
Unfortunately Ike's just reuses his Awakening art (as does anyone else who got updated art for Awakening):
I see... So... That means that Micaiah has the "Dark Mage Outfit with Tharja's proportion"s art? xD

Unfortunately Ike's just reuses his Awakening art (as does anyone else who got updated art for Awakening):
Eirika is the only exception, I specifically looked for her since I had a gut feeling she'd get something other than bride, but that bride art screamed wasted potential so I see why.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Eliwood's artwork is actually one of my favourite. But oh gawd have you seen Aversa's? I seriously had no idea who it was at first lmao.

Who's this derpy guy suppose to be tho?

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Roy's 5th palette swap (blue cape, cyan shoulderpads, red and gold headband, white pants) is for FE7 Eliwood.

I heard Kamui is dull as ****, unfortunately. That there was a lot of wasted potential for what a dark prince could be, that they're boring and their personality doesn't fit their role. That Robin was much better. I'll have to wait until Fates comes overseas to see for myself.

I don't see any chances for Kamui or any new character, either. I feel Robin and Lucina will fill everything needed with modern FE for a really long time. Out of the DLC we have left, I just don't see more FE. If DLC ends up being something through 2017 or 2018 and surprises us all, maybe. It was hard enough getting Roy, so I'm really skeptical on pretty much any ideas of future FE characters or DLC.
Huh, I've always thought that was based off of FE6 Roy(which is why I primarily use it) since it's been present since Melee.

As for Kamui's character, well after hearing about how bland Chrom and Roy are(yet I ended up liking both in the end), I don't really trust other opinions anymore...I do agree with you that it's unlikely he'll be DLC though. I meant that I think he's likely for the next Smash Bros. in case there's no new FE besides Fates at that time. FE, like Pokemon, seems to be a franchise that'll always have a character from the most recent installment.
Eliwood's artwork is actually one of my favourite. But oh gawd have you seen Aversa's? I seriously had no idea who it was at first lmao.

Who's this derpy guy suppose to be tho?

That's Sirius/Camus with a mask, from FE3.
Does look derpy tho, which is quite unfitting for the character, lol.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
there's easily a more derpy one in the set
As for Kamui's character, well after hearing about how bland Chrom and Roy are(yet I ended up liking both in the end)
roy really isn't that bland, although he does fall under the typical can't take a hint from the ladies some of the early lords were good at. He himself comes across as calm and collected to me, never rushing information before he can confirm it and having tactical sense which not many lords can claim. Maybe not as exciting as other lords, but I definitely enjoyed him

Chrom on the other hand while i'll give him points in some places, he just comes across as similar to ike and the things he doesn't have in common with ike don't really draw me to the character. While story wise he never really seems to develop he's just kinda there making the same mistakes people keep warning him not to make. Hence walmart brand ike

(even though the series was kinda like, Lex -> Hector -> Ike -> Chrom)
I heard Kamui is dull as ****, unfortunately. That there was a lot of wasted potential for what a dark prince could be, that they're boring and their personality doesn't fit their role.

I'd put the rest of this in here but I'm too lazy to censor things. Just look up derp emblem if you are curious

Anyways on to the 'dullness' aspect. A common tactic in main playable characters is to give them as little personality/opinions as possible. This allows the player to traject their actions into the character and as a result they 'decide' what the main character is like. Mario/link/master chief are all pretty well known for being heavily like this

Haven't played the game, however I kinda felt this going on in awakening, but then again most of the characters in awakening were really shallow in my opinion. not that it is a bad thing, I just prefer FE characters to be more complex

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
This should have been a Roy colour:

smh such a missed opportunity for Rainbow Roy. plus all Lords gotta have blue hair!

Oh, that's suppose to be the eye mask. And I never knew Camus is a brunette... He must have bleached his hair sometime after. That explains everything! And he probably drank too much in that pic, hence the derpy look. =P

there's easily a more derpy one in the set
Do I win?

At least she's recognizable... but still lol.

SonInk41

Smash Rookie
Huh, I didn't know Sheik's that high on Japan's tier list... I wonder why the gap is that big, maybe the different metagame/ruleset? Not many notable Sheik players here as well? I used to play a lot of Brawl Sheik back in the day, I feel like picking her up if I ever go play Brawl one day.

i know right?!

Eliwood's artwork is actually one of my favourite. But oh gawd have you seen Aversa's?
Boobs

When trying to go back to see if there was anything else noteworthy on Aversa's card, I got

Her boobs caused it to go over capacity.

Huh, I've always thought that was based off of FE6 Roy(which is why I primarily use it) since it's been present since Melee.

As for Kamui's character, well after hearing about how bland Chrom and Roy are(yet I ended up liking both in the end), I don't really trust other opinions anymore...I do agree with you that it's unlikely he'll be DLC though. I meant that I think he's likely for the next Smash Bros. in case there's no new FE besides Fates at that time. FE, like Pokemon, seems to be a franchise that'll always have a character from the most recent installment.
Nah, the palette's completely new. The whole brown pants, yellow inside of the cape Melee palette was completely ditched and was a 'just because' blue team palette and not representative of anything in FE. The blue one based on Roy's FE6 appearance is only in Project M.

The thing about Kamui that intrigued me a bit is that the guy sees what's in Roy's character and likes the character. I talk to him every day and he's pretty trustworthy on FE stuff, and digs into it more than anyone I know, which worries me on Kamui.

As for Smash, I feel we'll never get another installment. I don't have that sequel instinct from the beginning like I did the previous three games at all. We live in an age of ports and remasters, and Smash can finally use DLC for the first time for new modes, characters, stages, etc. I feel like this game will be polished to a final point, the Omega of the series, and I dunno what would come after. There's already so many characters with more to come that took so much just to create and continually balance, would we really get another installment with possibly 80 to 100 characters from scratch? Would they really want to make a product where even more is cut than at any point in the series? Would they do either when they could polish a final title that has so much as it is and release an expansion every now and then to keep it fresh? The biggest one for me is how it's simply named "Super Smash Bros" all over again. Who knows, maybe we'll know in 7 years.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
SonInk41, people usually expect... actual posts in socials like these.
I welcome you to smashboards but a good contributor comes from understanding the dynamics first; so lurk a bit more, maybe introduce yourself or whatever, that's fine.
But if you're saying something no one else can reply to or get anything out of it, it'll be frowned upon.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I forgot about the major route differences, I think I always tended to opt to one over the other though.
Like, Sety is a god.
Cyan (sp? bah memory) hard to get, had many requirements, does give you a tactic star, is pretty strong, but Sety can solo essentially all the maps after you get him.

Sety / Levin / Holsety are all together like top 5-10 most favourite things for me in the Fire Emblem series.
Like skjkfaljdflajflajf *too many big spoilers ughh*

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I forgot about the major route differences, I think I always tended to opt to one over the other though.
Like, Sety is a god.
Cyan (sp? bah memory) hard to get, had many requirements, does give you a tactic star, is pretty strong, but Sety can solo essentially all the maps after you get him.

Sety / Levin / Holsety are all together like top 5-10 most favourite things for me in the Fire Emblem series.
Like skjkfaljdflajflajf *too many big spoilers ughh*
as a refresher

features the path where you fight kempf the second time
and you face cyas for the first time

the path where you go through spooky words and pick up a girl who likes to hit on leif

Cyas is funny on getting him as it only involves not talking to sety. and his only advantage is the 2 more leadership stars. Sety already has an A in half of the magic and staves

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Oh right, Path-B is needed for astro strike on Marita right?
no that was the chapter immediately (15) before it if I remember correctly, cause you could finish that chapter in like -3 turns or wait for shamwow to appear at like turn 15. 16b is where you can actually recruit him

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Nah, the palette's completely new. The whole brown pants, yellow inside of the cape Melee palette was completely ditched and was a 'just because' blue team palette and not representative of anything in FE. The blue one based on Roy's FE6 appearance is only in Project M.
Huh, I see. Ah well, it's the closest thing to FE6 Roy so I'll just continue to pretend it's based off of it :p
The thing about Kamui that intrigued me a bit is that the guy sees what's in Roy's character and likes the character. I talk to him every day and he's pretty trustworthy on FE stuff, and digs into it more than anyone I know, which worries me on Kamui.
...you talk to Kamui everyday?
Sorry, I'm a bit lost on what you mean
As for Smash, I feel we'll never get another installment. I don't have that sequel instinct from the beginning like I did the previous three games at all. We live in an age of ports and remasters, and Smash can finally use DLC for the first time for new modes, characters, stages, etc. I feel like this game will be polished to a final point, the Omega of the series, and I dunno what would come after. There's already so many characters with more to come that took so much just to create and continually balance, would we really get another installment with possibly 80 to 100 characters from scratch? Would they really want to make a product where even more is cut than at any point in the series? Would they do either when they could polish a final title that has so much as it is and release an expansion every now and then to keep it fresh? The biggest one for me is how it's simply named "Super Smash Bros" all over again. Who knows, maybe we'll know in 7 years.
I see your point about ports and remasters, but besides retro/old games, Nintendo isn't really known to do that for their newer titles. There's Wii VC, but at the rate it's going we might not see much games on it anyway. And honestly, since this is Nintendo we're talking about, a company notorious for sticking to their guns and pumping out sequels to their popular franchises(Pokemon, Mario, Zelda) I don't think they'd give up on a sequel to another one of their popular franchises even if it's been used up to it's full potential. I can see Nintendo utilizing an ad-hoc development team for their new Smash, just like they did with Brawl, which seemed to have a more intensive development than Smash 4 did, mainly due to Subspace Emissary. They could easily expand even more on that. I mean Brawl, to me, seemed to have a pretty decently huge roster, with 35 characters(39 counting PKMN trainer separately and Zelda/Sheik/Samus/ZSS), and at that time it honestly did feel that the series couldn't expand any more.

But then we got Smash 4. And then looking into the development of the early games, we find that Sakurai treated both Melee and Brawl like they were the final games in the series. So honestly if there's one developer who adheres to the philosophy of "the sky's the limit" it's him. And if he's at the helm of the next Smash project they have, I think he might still be able to work his magic...
Maybe when we get 100 characters or something then it'd be too far. But didn't one of the DBZ fighting games have 150 characters or something?

Huh, I see. Ah well, it's the closest thing to FE6 Roy so I'll just continue to pretend it's based off of it :p

...you talk to Kamui everyday?
Sorry, I'm a bit lost on what you mean

I see your point about ports and remasters, but besides retro/old games, Nintendo isn't really known to do that for their newer titles. There's Wii VC, but at the rate it's going we might not see much games on it anyway. And honestly, since this is Nintendo we're talking about, a company notorious for sticking to their guns and pumping out sequels to their popular franchises(Pokemon, Mario, Zelda) I don't think they'd give up on a sequel to another one of their popular franchises even if it's been used up to it's full potential. I can see Nintendo utilizing an ad-hoc development team for their new Smash, just like they did with Brawl, which seemed to have a more intensive development than Smash 4 did, mainly due to Subspace Emissary. They could easily expand even more on that. I mean Brawl, to me, seemed to have a pretty decently huge roster, with 35 characters(39 counting PKMN trainer separately and Zelda/Sheik/Samus/ZSS), and at that time it honestly did feel that the series couldn't expand any more.

But then we got Smash 4. And then looking into the development of the early games, we find that Sakurai treated both Melee and Brawl like they were the final games in the series. So honestly if there's one developer who adheres to the philosophy of "the sky's the limit" it's him. And if he's at the helm of the next Smash project they have, I think he might still be able to work his magic...
Maybe when we get 100 characters or something then it'd be too far. But didn't one of the DBZ fighting games have 150 characters or something?
Anything that boosts Eliwood usages statistics helps! If it helps him get in Fates, as a Mii Outfit, or anything else, I'd be happy.

I talk to a guy every day and the topics loop to FE a lot.

I would like a new title if it means no more cut content along with more newcomers. I also wouldn't mind a 100-150 roster, more chance to play as my favorite characters.

Top Bottom