• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
man fe6 hard mode is brutal(coming right off of normal mode)
even 80% hit rates aren't safe.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
If you can beat HHM at least once, FE6 should be a breeze. Just get all the gaiden chapters, keep all legendary weapons with at least 1 use, use Roy's downtime at Lv20 unpromoted to meatshield to help other units level and build up five supports for him, and keep Hammerne for Roy's SoS. If you want unit recommendations or help on stuff then let me know. There will be some routes in the game that determine what units you get, just know that Echidna is my #HeroHomies waifu and the other routes have no deciding factor for me besides difficulty. If you don't like the route characters, just opt for playing an easier or harder route depending on what you want. I feel like none of the route characters really matter for picking over others, they're all just usable besides getting a bard/dancer no matter what anyways.
I think I'm going to take you up on the offer of advice because I have no clue who to even use. I know axe users are generally bad and magic/sword users are amazing, but who specifically should I use? I don't want to end up using bad characters and screwing myself up for the endgame. Other than that, I want to go in with only my previous knowledge from a crappy playthrough that was only halfway defeated.

Troykv

Smash Master
I think I'm going to take you up on the offer of advice because I have no clue who to even use. I know axe users are generally bad and magic/sword users are amazing, but who specifically should I use? I don't want to end up using bad characters and screwing myself up for the endgame. Other than that, I want to go in with only my previous knowledge from a crappy playthrough that was only halfway defeated.
Binding Blade? Okey.

Magicians:

- Lugh is the best one is you're talking about offensive magicians. Good skill and speed, alright magic and luck, and okay defenses (don't try to use him as a tank, is logical that a Mage have low HP and Defense).
- Saul is the Staff Bot with the best stats in the Early Game, also has a higher Staff Rank, if you him he will be always useful... But be extremely warning with the Killer Weapons (his looks is bad).

*Other good options:

- Clarine... Do you want something that has a horse? Clarine is also a good option, in the mid/endgame also she is a dodge-tank against anythings that doesn't use a Fire Book or a Dragon Stone.
- Niime is the most interesting option to use, she appears in the late-game and his defenses and speed are awful. But offers some things that other Staff Bots don't (unless you use the Staff Abuse): She is a prepromoted Staff Bot with 22 Magic, high Skill, Rank A in both Dark Magic and Staffs. This make her the best option to try to use Staffs like Warp, Sleep, Berseker, Physic, etc. Use her carefully.

The other option are "Early Game Character" (Ellen), "If you want use them" (Cecilia, Yodel), or has problems in their initial levels, one in special with more problems than the others (Lilina, Raigh and Sophia).

Other excellent characters:

- Rutger is the best Swordmaster in the game and the best Unit in the Earlygame, If you don't use him (specially in the Hard Mode) you're making the game harder xD.
- Miledy is the best flier in the game, specially if you play in HM, she is insane.
- Shin... Do you want to use a Archer? We have one that is overall better than the others in EVERYTHING.
- If you play HM use Perceval. His is the most solid Paladin in the game; is powerful, tanky, quick.
- Shanna isn't the best flier in the game but is really useful working as a ferry for the other characters. Also she can take easily some villages in the game.
- Alan and Lance, these guys are overall good units, with average-to-good stats in any stat (except Resistence), Alan has more Strenght, and Defense. Lance has more Speed and Skill.

- Lalum/Elphin need special preparations to make them more effective, but use them in the correct way makes the game faster (What exactly they do? They "refresh" one unit and and allows you to move it again).

Special character:

- Marcus is the jeigan in this game, moreover Zealot is a jeigan-wannabe (is like Marcus but with better Strength and Speed and worse Resistence and Skill), use them carefully.

Last edited:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-support-thread.324203/page-113#post-19254272

BOOM

I forgot to mention how well their supports synergize and how many options you have for maximizing supports on them.

Roy and nine other units will suffice. 10 is endgame and trial map size.

As a beginner party, I suggest:

Roy
Lance
Allen
Dieck
Thany
Lugh
Rutger
Clarine
Miledy
Lalum/Elphin

All have among the best jointimes in the game besides the last two which still aren't bad jointimes, solid base stats, solid growths, and they fill every role you need while letting you cheese the game from the beginning. You have a lord, a myrmidon, and two cavaliers, which are extremely good classes in this game. You can use all legendary weapon categories except bows, dark magic, and light magic, but you won't need them, and Durandal/Armads/Malte/Forblaze can be substituted by wyrmslayers with your 5 sword users, plus possibly Miledy and Thany if you raise their sword ranks after promotion, plus magic from Lugh. Swords are so good in this game that an abundance of sword users will hinder you less than a different weapon on each character, and cavalry is broken which makes Allen and Lance even better.

Why is cavalry broken?

Cavalier:
-7 movement
-Can move for the rest of their movement value after visiting/using an item/rescuing/dropping/talking
-Powerful rescue ability via the AID stat being boosted for mounted units while being easy to rescue
-Two weapon types

Typical promoted unit:
-6 movement
-Two weapon types
-Can begin to S-rank weapons

Promoted cavalier:
-8 movement
-Can move for the rest of their movement value after visiting/using an item/rescuing/dropping/talking
-Powerful rescue ability via the AID stat being boosted for mounted units while being easy to rescue
-3 weapon types
-Can begin to S-rank weapons

Their weaknesses are low desert movement (negligible for the one desert chapter, even) and horseslaying weapons (which are so far and few I often forget they exist in this game) which weren't used enough to balance them out. Fliers have to be afraid of bows in general, and need to get by on lances until promotion, even if they're not hindered by terrain.

Also, for anything you need to fly to, or any emergency rescue and retreat tactics into the mountains or seas as a panic button to avoid almost everything, you have Thany early on, and Miledy as an addition later.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Random thought, but it's actually kinda cool when Mac players use the KO punch to help recover (didn't know you can do that until I saw some tourney gameplay with Mac).

Why in the Roy Social, though? Not mad, just curious, since you're not a regular poster here and the vid had no Roys
Maybe this is secretly the Little Mac social!? :eek: no wait, isn't this the Dr. Mario social?

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Roy in Super Mario Maker?
Is it confirmed? We need to pray to our lord Esteban for Roy in SMM if it isn't. To my knowledge it has not been stated yet.

If you're confused about who Esteban is, ask /r/amiibo. (There's also a megathread with all of the costumes in it). We're all friendly. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

EDIT: I screwed up the acronym for Super Mario Maker. Oops.

Last edited:
Is it confirmed? We need to pray to our lord Esteban for Roy in SMM if it isn't. To my knowledge it has not been stated yet.

If you're confused about who Esteban is, ask /r/amiibo. (There's also a megathread with all of the costumes in it). We're all friendly. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

EDIT: I screwed up the acronym for Super Mario Maker. Oops.
Ewwwww Reddit

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
What is Roy saying in his taunts and victory screen?

Yaya Haider

Banned via Warnings
NNID
HeroYaYa
3DS FC
0490-6092-1077
Hey guys no i need help with Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame. Now this isn't Roy's game, but Roy does make an appearance at the end. So hey it counts right? ;)

Anyway so i'n on the final chapter right? And it's kinda hard This was my first Fire Emblem so i wasn't really good at the game. My units were kinda under leveled, while some were over powered. Since i would mostly have one or two just tank through the chapters, while having my other units get under leveled. and i didn't wait till level 20 to promote my units too. Anyways so here i am. I got to when it was just Rangal and his units. One of his units Used berserker on Eliwood and made him kill Lyn. Please any tips? I really don't want to restart the game. I mean there not that under leveled now. It's just that i don't really have any much strong units left. I was resting when my units die before but then it got too hard because my units were too under leveled. so i stopped and just had to bite the bullet.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
In Chapter 5 in Binding Blade HM. I get boss level-ups(Bors/Lot had level ups where they gained like 4 stats incl. resistance, which is amazing)
I open the gate, and there's only 4 enemies left, and at turn 47.
Suddenly mercenary with 4 crit rate actually criticals and hits Lance(the character)
Lance survives
Oh but wait, there's that nomad, with that scary 71 hit and 9 damage....as expected, Lance dies.

Definitely one of the most painful times for me to restart in my experience.

Hey guys no i need help with Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame. Now this isn't Roy's game, but Roy does make an appearance at the end. So hey it counts right? ;)

Anyway so i'n on the final chapter right? And it's kinda hard This was my first Fire Emblem so i wasn't really good at the game. My units were kinda under leveled, while some were over powered. Since i would mostly have one or two just tank through the chapters, while having my other units get under leveled. and i didn't wait till level 20 to promote my units too. Anyways so here i am. I got to when it was just Rangal and his units. One of his units Used berserker on Eliwood and made him kill Lyn. Please any tips? I really don't want to restart the game. I mean there not that under leveled now. It's just that i don't really have any much strong units left. I was resting when my units die before but then it got too hard because my units were too under leveled. so i stopped and just had to bite the bullet.
I can help Sunday or Monday, I have that chapter memorized super hard from early high school. I'm about to go to work and stay in CO Springs all weekend for a tournament and to hit up friends.

Yaya Haider

Banned via Warnings
NNID
HeroYaYa
3DS FC
0490-6092-1077
I can help Sunday or Monday, I have that chapter memorized super hard from early high school. I'm about to go to work and stay in CO Springs all weekend for a tournament and to hit up friends.
Oh okay! Take you're time! And thanks so much! :) I just really don't want to restart the hole game.......

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
This is completely random, but I had the chance to play the Pokken demo and it's amazing. You can't believe Suicine's HD crystal horn thing until you see it in real life. And, I also failed because of me trying to play it like Smash. BUT IT WAS STILL AWESOMELY FUN

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So can Roy's Usmash spike? I randomly came across this:

http://gfycat.com/RequiredEnlightenedBluefish

Anyone know why and how this happened? And I don't think it's easy to try and recreate.
That was in Melee as well. You have to hit them on frame 15, 17, or 19 of the attack. I presume the purpose of it is to knock them downwards so they continue to get hit until the attack ends, but if you hit them with the "correct" timing they get sent down and out instead.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
That was in Melee as well. You have to hit them on frame 15, 17, or 19 of the attack. I presume the purpose of it is to knock them downwards so they continue to get hit until the attack ends, but if you hit them with the "correct" timing they get sent down and out instead.
I know that it spikes in Melee, I just wasn't sure if it has the exact same requirements to pull it off. If only the spike is more reliable lol.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
This is completely random, but I had the chance to play the Pokken demo and it's amazing. You can't believe Suicine's HD crystal horn thing until you see it in real life. And, I also failed because of me trying to play it like Smash. BUT IT WAS STILL AWESOMELY FUN
Dude, thats awesome. Where did you try it out? How did you try it out? What characters did you try out?

:link:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Does Roy really need to be nerfed? Everyone I talk to about Roy says he is too powerful or that he kills to early, but, his sweet spot Fsmash kills at the same percent as Marths tipper fsmash, so why are they complaining about his power? Plus his smashes are sorta laggy and require a good read to take off a stock. Then you have his sub-par recovery and only five semi-reliable kill moves. (Bair, Fair, Fsmash, Usmash and Ftilt.) other then that he has to rely on edge-guarding and his throws don't even link into death combos at high percentage, like sheik, ZSS and lungi have. And finally, he has a pretty sucky neutral, there isn't a lot he can do against top tiers in the neutral. So what reason is there to nerf this solid high tier to mid tier?

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Does Roy really need to be nerfed? Everyone I talk to about Roy says he is too powerful or that he kills to early, but, his sweet spot Famashkills at the same percent as Marths tipper fsmash, so why are they complaining about his power? Plus his smashes are sorta laggy and require a good read to take off a stock. Then you have his sub-par recovery and only five semi-reliable kill moves. (Bair, Fair, Fsmash, Usmash and Ftilt.) other then that he has to rely on edge-guarding and his throws don't even link into death combos at high percentage, like sheik, ZSS and lungi have. And finally, he has a pretty sucky neutral, there isn't a lot he can do against top tiers in the neutral. So what reason is there to nerf this solid high tier to mid tier?
Nah, Roy is already okay right now. He is powerful, but needs so much contact because his sour-spots are weak and his sweet spots are in the hilt of his already short range attacks.

Also, fast-faller with a slow recovery.

This is enough for me to see him as a balanced character.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

Mewtwo is included, so unless he was put in advance due being developed before Roy/Lucas/Ryu, we could see them in too.
tumblr_nmtb9rrtzB1t00s7eo1_540.jpg

Does Roy really need to be nerfed? Everyone I talk to about Roy says he is too powerful or that he kills to early, but, his sweet spot Fsmash kills at the same percent as Marths tipper fsmash, so why are they complaining about his power? Plus his smashes are sorta laggy and require a good read to take off a stock. Then you have his sub-par recovery and only five semi-reliable kill moves. (Bair, Fair, Fsmash, Usmash and Ftilt.) other then that he has to rely on edge-guarding and his throws don't even link into death combos at high percentage, like sheik, ZSS and lungi have. And finally, he has a pretty sucky neutral, there isn't a lot he can do against top tiers in the neutral. So what reason is there to nerf this solid high tier to mid tier?
I think marth tipper kills earlier
and really he is fine how he is, we've seen this argument before so I'm not going to repeat myself
So can Roy's Usmash spike? I randomly came across this:

http://gfycat.com/RequiredEnlightenedBluefish

Anyone know why and how this happened? And I don't think it's easy to try and recreate.
it happens all the time when you use it through platforms, they tend to just trip on the platform though

Top Bottom