• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Hello, Roy mainers. Stopping in to let you know that I am a R O Y G U R L.
Who knew that a girl who loves water so much, would be so into t3h ph1r3?
HOW DO YOU LIKE WATER? SERIOUSLY? We all know that fire is obviously the best element ever. /s

Anyways... hello! Welcome to the Roy Social. How much has the RNG screwed you?

EDIT: I just realized how hypocritical my statement about fire being the best element was concerning my profile pic. Oops.

Last edited:

Aqua Admin Shelly

Smash Apprentice
HOW DO YOU LIKE WATER? SERIOUSLY? We all know that fire is obviously the best element ever. /s

EDIT: I just realized how hypocritical my statement about fire being the best element was concerning my profile pic. Oops.
Team Aqua represent!

Your profile pic should be Levin (or Lewyn if you're a hippie) like us so the element should be wind >=((

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
where do you get these images holy **** they're killing me
I just keep a save folder where I split things up into era, crossovers and one folder literally labeled wut.
tumblr_nsktsuiFCW1qanw7co1_1280.jpg

but I find the images all over, the internet is dank

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Team Aqua represent!
Team Magma is better >.<
Your profile pic should be Levin (or Lewyn if you're a hippie) like us so the element should be wind >=((
Nonono, fire will always be the best. Wind is lame
Kappa
I also just noticed something - Roy's Up-B looks like the Hero attacking animation. The resemblance is uncanny, no? (Are those even the right words? I just wanted to sound cool.)

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Oh yeah so I finally beat chapter 21 in FE6.
I'm playing on normal mode, so it's not like it was too hard to do. But I realized it took me this much tries because I was stressing over the turn limit which didn't even bother me in the end of my successful run(I killed murdock in turn 22 iirc). Add to the fact that my Roy was severely underleveled(lvl 13 iirc) and so I had to make it a priority to make him reach level 20 by the time he promotes...yeah, the only problems I had were artificial barriers I set up.

Now in 21x, and it doesn't seem that hard. No turn limits put me at ease. And my Roy is Lvl 18 now so it should be pretty easy now for him to max out to 20 by the end of the chapter.

Last edited:
Yo @ Croph Croph , I'm liking Lylat on Roy. I like to form walls with aerials and I seem to slide whenever I fastfall onto the sides of Lylat after an aerial. I'm gonna look into what this can mean for Roy. I'm already looking into what sweetspotted bair can be safe on shield for, so a slide after any aerial should be neato for Roy. It also seems Lylat's platforms are godlike for Roy in many ways. I may have underestimated this stage.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Oh yeah so I finally beat chapter 22 in FE6.
I'm playing on normal mode, so it's not like it was too hard to do. But I realized it took me this much tries because I was stressing over the turn limit which didn't even bother me in the end of my successful run(I killed murdock in turn 22 iirc). Add to the fact that my Roy was severely underleveled(lvl 13 iirc) and so I had to make it a priority to make him reach level 20 by the time he promotes...yeah, the only problems I had were artificial barriers I set up.

Now in 22x, and it doesn't seem that hard. No turn limits put me at ease. And my Roy is Lvl 18 now so it should be pretty easy now for him to max out to 20 by the end of the chapter.
22x is just annoying,
but my roy was level 20 for at least 5-7 chapters before 22
images.jpg

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
22x is just annoying,
but my roy was level 20 for at least 5-7 chapters before 22
View attachment 68249
Yep, just finished it. (,,,also I meant 21x, not 22x). The chapter in a nutshell

But yeah, pretty annoying chapter. Had a 25 use staff at the beginning but that ended up breaking in the end :/

By the way, have you reached chapter 24x in your current Thracia playthrough yet? Heard it was even harder than 22, which is saying a lot.

Last edited:
I made a R.O.B ragequit on FG today with Roy. Both kills on game 1 were me doing an empty short hop near the ledge and then sweetspotted first hit of dsmash. Jesus that move is beefier than I would ever expect at certain percents. The ragequit was game 2 when I kept playing around with the gyro at stock 1 24%. He stayed after the ragequit which confused me so I left since potential salty FG nametags are lame and it was game 2 anyways since I play best 2/3 sets. What have you guys done today?

I think I finally have that MU down, so that's one of my biggest blocks taken care of for one of the few CO players I'm worried about the 22nd.

Delete this

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yo @ Croph Croph , I'm liking Lylat on Roy. I like to form walls with aerials and I seem to slide whenever I fastfall onto the sides of Lylat after an aerial. I'm gonna look into what this can mean for Roy. I'm already looking into what sweetspotted bair can be safe on shield for, so a slide after any aerial should be neato for Roy. It also seems Lylat's platforms are godlike for Roy in many ways. I may have underestimated this stage.
It's a good counterpick against some characters because the platforms could mess with combos. For an example, here's a match on Lylat. Watch the first match then the second one on Lylat to compare how the pika plays (although I'm still iffy taking pika on Lylat):

The titling can also mess with projectiles depending what they are. But I never really noticed the sliding part, maybe I'll look into it more. Sounds cools. The weird thing is, I'm always fond of stages with tilt properties (Castle Siege and Kongo Jungle 64 are some other examples). Flat stages are boring. =P I also like rotating stages #BringBackFrigateOrpheon

I made a R.O.B ragequit on FG today with Roy. What have you guys done today?
I've been cleaning up the whole entire basement for the past few days... you don't know how long it takes. It's like 95% clean (I could now finally set up the Game Cube), but I was up until 5 AM cleaning yesterday, and I just woke up at 9 AM because the house was full of bags full of garbage/junk from the basement. The dryer broke so I needed to clear out everything and throw it all in the garage before the repairman comes (but I started cleaning up the basement before we knew the dryer broke, good thing I got a head start).

But hey, at least it was the dryer that broke, not the washer. But there's a lot of stuff I found and cast aside that would be awesome to sell in a garage sale, then donate the rest. I found this old Polaroid camera, then I started singing Hey Ya!, cuz you need to shake it like a Polaroid picture!

as you can probably tell, I've had little time for Smash this week

Last edited:

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
What have you guys done today?
Found a neat trick with jab where starting at about 50% I would connect a jab roll to the other side and immediately jab and repeat till about 80%. It catches people off guard. Like playing volleyball!! Lol

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Yep, just finished it. (,,,also I meant 21x, not 22x). The chapter in a nutshell

But yeah, pretty annoying chapter. Had a 25 use staff at the beginning but that ended up breaking in the end :/

By the way, have you reached chapter 24x in your current Thracia playthrough yet? Heard it was even harder than 22, which is saying a lot.
I've beat the game now, and the chapter is just evil. I don't have SS of the level but we may as well do the why this chapter sucks again image thing. I still had more trouble with 22 for the record though, you can really work around the ai and mechanics in chapter 24x
welcome to 24x
map24x.gif

no wait this is fog of war in thracia so it looks like this
map24x starting.gif

there we go and should you be able to see everything it should look like this
map24x.png

that +10 magic is a real pain in the butt too, it makes it hard to stop them from putting bezerk/sleep/silence on your team

Last edited:
although I'm still iffy taking pika on Lylat
C'mon, be a man!

Flat stages can be lame. My least favorite flat stage is :4lucina:.

I'm fine with Frigate if Fourside's music comes back first or alongside it. Idc if they'd have to put Fourside music on a Metroid stage either in some super random scenario. Just bring it back.

That stuff with the basement cleaning and dryers sounds like some of the stuff I do at my new housekeeping job. I just got off not too long ago.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
I made a R.O.B ragequit on FG today with Roy. What have you guys done today?
I got like ten Side-B's with Ganon off in a row on this one FG match. It was terribly awesome. Also finally beat FE7 again. I can't stop playing that game, if anyone can help with my addiction please tell me.

Last edited:
delete what?
All traces of Roy koopa off your hard drive, the internet, and in real life. Travel through time and space to kill him. I need that fat manchildturtle with grandma glasses and his giant tumor head with that unnerving look gone for good. If it means one more Bowser Jr. palette, then that's even better.

Crud, I wish I had more time to reply to more and write other stuff. I gotta leave for work in two minutes.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
All traces of Roy koopa off your hard drive, the internet, and in real life. Travel through time and space to kill him. I need that fat manchildturtle with grandma glasses and his giant tumor head with that unnerving look gone for good. If it means one more Bowser Jr. palette, then that's even better.

Crud, I wish I had more time to reply to more and write other stuff. I gotta leave for work in two minutes.
46020699_p0_master1200.jpg

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Funny thing is, I played SMB3 after FE6(yes, I chronologically play games in a weird order) and Roy Koopa was my favorite by default due to his name, lol.

I used to have a levin avatar at some point actually #_#

I really like both of yours though~
My other choice was this, and I like it more:

I'd rather commemorate the recent concert cards, though.

will do, after I beat HHM one last time
If you can beat HHM at least once, FE6 should be a breeze. Just get all the gaiden chapters, keep all legendary weapons with at least 1 use, use Roy's downtime at Lv20 unpromoted to meatshield to help other units level and build up five supports for him, and keep Hammerne for Roy's SoS. If you want unit recommendations or help on stuff then let me know. There will be some routes in the game that determine what units you get, just know that Echidna is my #HeroHomies waifu and the other routes have no deciding factor for me besides difficulty. If you don't like the route characters, just opt for playing an easier or harder route depending on what you want. I feel like none of the route characters really matter for picking over others, they're all just usable besides getting a bard/dancer no matter what anyways.

I got like ten Side-B's with Ganon off in a row on this one FG match. It was terribly awesome. Also finally beat FE7 again. I can't stop playing that game, if anyone can help with my addiction please tell me.
yes

Tech chasing with Ganon's side-b is beautiful, if only tech chasing was more of a thing in this game.

There is nothing out there that can break the addiction of Eliwood. Hector fanboys don't like to admit it, but Eliwood's the reason they keep coming back. Eliwood is also surprisingly the reason Eliwood fanboys come back to FE7 so much.

Roy is bottom tier trash again, time to go back to Ike.

Funny thing is, I played SMB3 after FE6(yes, I chronologically play games in a weird order) and Roy Koopa was my favorite by default due to his name, lol.
He is the favorite target on my hit list. Roy koopa will die and there is nothing he can do to stop meme.

Okay, so I think Meta Knight is a really solid secondary/pocket for Roy. I decided to look into him again after one of my buddies decided to discuss Meta Knight out of nowhere for a while, and I've been testing him really hard because I'm continually more impressed the more I look at the character. I thought he was garbage near release, because he didn't feel right at all and didn't seem like he could do much with enough reward for playing him. He wasn't as bad as Bowser Jr. so that's ok, he was still in a position where he could be fixed/redeemed. It seems MK's a lot better now, and I'm not sure if that's due to patches, due to how the meta has changed, due to how the Meta has changed, or if my mindset of the game has evolved over time to support him and things just clicked.

MK seems to body characters I've historically had trouble with, and ones it seems Roy has trouble with. ZSS, Sheik, Dedede, and I need to do more Diddy testing to form an opinion on MK vs. Diddy. MK also puts in work vs. Mac and some others I tested on that aren't coming to mind atm. I really like doing uair and then up-b after it hits, or just going straight into tornado if they airdodge and mashing b into the top blastzone with tornado when I need to kill. It's hilarious to see them just go 2 feet and die. I'm messing around with ledge trump down-b (without the slash) and it doesn't seem that useful, and it's risky because you die if you miss, but it's swagg. Throwing out fsmash or charging it a bit, then throwing out dtilt/ftilt/jab immediately after is really good and safe, I need to test this with more moves after fsmash.

My MK is still eh so I'm not sure if I'll pull him in bracket. Maybe if things work out the 22nd in friendlies and mm's beforehand. I don't know whether to use Ike/MK/Sheik/Robin as a secondary, or if I should keep them all as weak but manageable pockets.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Ew

Delete all those images and replace them with these

C'mon, be a man!
k

TIME TO PLAY MY MANLY CARD OF MANLINESS!!

[gar mode intensifies]

Kinda random, but how do you feel about Peach's Castle 64? I only ask because I've seen some discussion on my local's FB group about making the stage legal. Votes are winning for yes. I don't think the stage itself is that bad, and I've heard that the stage could be a good counterpick to those who rely on good aerial followups (like Mario, ZSS, and Diddy) thanks to the bumper. I have to test this stage against spammy projectile characters too.

I haven't seen any tourney matches where they had the stage legal yet, but it would be nice to see some matches. Gotta look around if there's any.

Kinda random, but how do you feel about Peach's Castle 64? I only ask because I've seen some discussion on my local's FB group about making the stage legal. Votes are winning for yes. I don't think the stage itself is that bad, and I've heard that the stage could be a good counterpick to those who rely on good aerial followups (like Mario, ZSS, and Diddy) thanks to the bumper. I have to test this stage against spammy projectile characters too.

I haven't seen any tourney matches where they had the stage legal yet, but it would be nice to see some matches. Gotta look around if there's any.
I think the stage is terrible for tournament play after a bunch of time playing on it. It seems more suited for doubles if anything.

I have fun on it, so I wouldn't mind. I would be on the no side though.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Ew

Delete all those images and replace them with these

am I doing it right?
50931935_p0.jpg

Roy is bottom tier trash again, time to go back to Ike.
46222014_p14_master1200.jpg

I can't read the second half of this, but I'll assume it's humorous

No, reasoning; 64 made it counter pick legal if I remember correctly, but the stage's odd composition leaves a lot of be desired competitively and unlike 64 there is already a decent stage list, so we don't have to subject ourselves to trying to expand to really unneeded stages. also one less paid DLC stage would be nice
Finally finished FE6, now time to play it again in hard mode!
I was never a fan of hard modes. Just feels like cheese to me

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I think the stage is terrible for tournament play after a bunch of time playing on it. It seems more suited for doubles if anything.

I have fun on it, so I wouldn't mind. I would be on the no side though.
Party pooper.

jk, jk. I could see where you're guys are coming from, but I'm just more used to more... liberal lists. I've heard mixed feelings about the stage anyway. If the most of the people in my community want the stage legal and the TOs are fine with it, than I have no objections. I'm fine if things are decided as a community and for what the people want. It's some interesting exploration, y'know. It's nice when people put out polls and get opinions and feedback from the players as well.

But more importantly, thank goodness for gentlemen's agreements

:75M:

:4dk:
am I doing it right?
View attachment 68630

View attachment 68629
I can't read the second half of this, but I'll assume it's humorous
These jokes are so old I can only take so much... See you on the flip side

jk, I'll be here dancing all night

Top Bottom