• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So I cleared all star on the 3DS version. Yup another Roy and Roy joke for the clear screen.

Last edited:

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
Eshop is literally having a breakdown. Probably not even worth trying for a while.
"There might be a bit of traffic." Yeah, a little more than a bit Sakurai lol.
Took probably an hour of nonstop log on attempts to get on the eShop,
then another half hour of logging onto the Smash DLC shop to download my boy.

But it was all worth it.

So I cleared all star on the 3DS version. Yup another Roy and Roy joke for the clear screen.
Yeah, I just cleared it too.
That image XD
Roy hitches a ride on Roy's clown car.

Last edited:

Davregis

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I used to be a Charizard main but I left him because he's really low tier! I also mained Roy in past games, so glad to be part of this board! I don't care what placement Roy ends up.

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Hey guys, I used to be a Charizard main but I left him because he's really low tier! I also mained Roy in past games, so glad to be part of this board! I don't care what placement Roy ends up.
Lol Roy is far past Marth on the teir list and he's only heen here for a few hours xD

D,x

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Tried out Roy for fun and actually really enjoyed him... I think I'm going to keep him as a character I'll use often. There are similarities to Marth of course, but I feel like he has his own concept now, sort of like Mario / Luigi or Ness / Lucas, but certainly doesn't feel like Marth / Lucina (although the tipper vs non-tipper is a factor, they still feel way too similar).

Eureka

Smash Ace
I think Roy's biggest weakness might be the fact that he has no airals that autocancel out of a short hop. Besides that though I really can't see that much to complain about him until further analysis is done.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I think Roy's biggest weakness might be the fact that he has no airals that autocancel out of a short hop. Besides that though I really can't see that much to complain about him until further analysis is done.
His landing lag do look shorter than Marcina's. His recovery is pretty eh too.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So Roy is like the best FE character in the game now right?

Played some :4feroy:matches and i'm really liking what i'm seeing. :4lucas:is also pretty good in this game and i'm considering making him my secondary in the game.

D

Deleted member

I just want to say to all the Roy fans that I was never a 'Roy hater' and I'm actually very pleased that he's back in the game! I didn't play as him super often in Melee, but I always thought he was a cool character. I think it's awesome to see him return in such a revamped fashion, in glorious HD.

And I never understood why people hated him so much anyway. Some people just like to whine I think.

Eureka

Smash Ace
I just want to say to all the Roy fans that I was never a 'Roy hater' and I'm actually very pleased that he's back in the game! I didn't play as him super often in Melee, but I always thought he was a cool character. I think it's awesome to see him return in such a revamped fashion, in glorious HD.

And I never understood why people hated him so much anyway. Some people just like to whine I think.
A lot of people hated him because of all the noobs that wouldn't shut up saying he was a top tier character in Melee.

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX

"Back the F**K up, WFT (we through)"

"Woah, girl"
"Slow down"
"Grab the wall"
"Wiggle like you try'na make your *** fall off"

I'm sorry.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
'Eyyy mates guess who I got from a kind friend~

Lucas!
yesitisn'troybutthat'sbesidethepoint

All I need is mah boy and I'll be complete~ :laugh:

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Roy is my new main. Never cared for him in Melee or all in general. But this new Roy is AWESOME! Marth and Lucina were just too light, and Ike was too heavy. Roy has the PERFECT weight to his attacks. Not too light, not too heavy, just... perfect.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Roy is my new main. Never cared for him in Melee or all in general. But this new Roy is AWESOME! Marth and Lucina were just too light, and Ike was too heavy. Roy has the PERFECT weight to his attacks. Not too light, not too heavy, just... perfect.
I kinda have to agree here, just wish his recovery was a little bit better...
And The Hitbox of our Sweet Neutral B could be a bit deeper, otherwise he seems just fine.

Davregis

Smash Apprentice
Flare Blade, like another move that goes Flare Bl---, seems to be the worst move this time around. Slow startup and bad everything, what are uses aside from shieldbreak? Seems like the only thing that got nerfed from Melee

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Flare Blade, like another move that goes Flare Bl---, seems to be the worst move this time around. Slow startup and bad everything, what are uses aside from shieldbreak? Seems like the only thing that got nerfed from Melee
You could punish approaches, I think? Flare Blade doing now little eruption can ncreases it's overall range somewhat. New applications can be found.

Eureka

Smash Ace
Flare Blade actually has surprisingly little ending lag. I personally throw it out occasionally when falling to stuff approaches.

SwineofWar

Smash Rookie
Is it just me, or is Roy a god damn baller?

He's a power character wrapped up in a nice package of speed that I was definitely not expecting.

Jesus, his sweet spotted Side Smash hits harder than most Heavy characters, and is twice as fast!

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
In case your opponent has the reaction time of a snail and you need a good way to OHKO him.

Flare blade has surprisingly very little end lag. I haven't found much use for it yet but you could probably catch people off guard using reverse b.

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Ohmygosh... just playing Roy earlier, the crowd starting chanting "Roy's our boy!"

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
Man couldn't be happier with Roy.

I love my Marth, but Roy just takes the crown on this one I have to say. I was desperate to have a good level sword/Fire Emblem rep and now we have one.

Plus Dreamland is just the icing on the cake.

TiGGesta

Smash Rookie
In all Seriousness, I think Roy along with Captainn Falcon are gonna be my mains. This man came back with some heat.

TiGGesta

Smash Rookie
Roy's nair auto cancels, he has improved speed, and has guaranteed D-Throw options. I do think Ryu, when mastered, will be better, but Roy has been buffed tremendously from Melee.

Trunks159

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Trunks159
So Roy is like the best FE character in the game now right?

Played some :4feroy:matches and i'm really liking what i'm seeing. :4lucas:is also pretty good in this game and i'm considering making him my secondary in the game.
Roy is probably the coolest character but ill hold off on whose the best.

He feels really cool to play as and his smash attacks are deadly. I love him right now.

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
I've really been enjoying Roy so far. I may end up maining him if this keeps up xD. His combo game is great and he's loaded with kill power as well.

TiGGesta

Smash Rookie
nair autocancels actually and is a great approach option.

Eureka

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who thinks that Roy's crowd chant comes out a lot more often then others. I've heard Roy's our boy way more often then I usually hear other crowd chants. Not that I'm complaining of course.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Something I did notice when playing Roy dittos with my friend was that his Up-B doesn't snap back onto the ledge if you're facing the opposite way, I believe. I'll test it a little more, but I really do hope that if this is true it'll get fixed like Robin's Elwind.

SwineofWar

Smash Rookie
In case your opponent has the reaction time of a snail and you need a good way to OHKO him.

Flare blade has surprisingly very little end lag. I haven't found much use for it yet but you could probably catch people off guard using reverse b.
I don't know about anyone else, but I've used Flair Blade pretty successfully to cover my ass while people are waiting to punish landing lag. Either people run into it, or dodge out of the way, and because it has so little landing lag, they don't have time to punish.

Your Boy Toy Roy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kuptrion
I love Roy so much. His aerials are fantastic and his counter is amazing. Just passed Shulk as my new main.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Something I did notice when playing Roy dittos with my friend was that his Up-B doesn't snap back onto the ledge if you're facing the opposite way, I believe. I'll test it a little more, but I really do hope that if this is true it'll get fixed like Robin's Elwind.
It does, actually. You just weren't close enough to the ledge to snap in. Just tested this.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I GOT ROY, MATES!
Yessssh
All I need is Dream Land 64 and I'll be fantimitytastic :4pacman:

Ryu I don't really like so I ain't getting him :b

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Impression time!

- To all claiming he's just a "fiery Marth" - G.T.F.O.

Honestly though, Roy is completely his own beast. The rush-down to end all swords with rush-down. He's also even more, MORE fun than Marth and Lucina combined.

- Range is kinda short, but it's actually worth it. Attacks are fast, and are pretty damn easy to hit hard. Yikes. He's not anymore limited on hilt of his sword.

-Quite a fast falling speed and decent air speed. Combined with above Playing Roy is like playing Melee, so to speak. He can easily get a hard hit when you whiff an attack due his speed.

- Roy has best throws of all FE-chars. Sends just so close and low that it just lends you a follow-up. Even in high percents.

Marth would die for his throws.
:awesome:

- D-Tilt got changed in that it doesn't pop people up anymore, but you can now use it for tech-chasing, especially if you use the tip which sends the opponent in lower angle and distance. I use this to kill with a Dash A follow-up.

- Aerials are magnifico. F-Air and B-Air are better killing tools than Marth and Lucy could wish for. U-Air is interesting, you can use it to poke via tip or land more damage or even kill in higher ceiling. Very reminded of PM. :p

- D-Smash is almost rivalling PM's kill power. Unf.

- DED doesn't kill, but is a decent damage racker now. Not bad at all.

- Flare Blade has little bit more lag when executed, but it covers now an explosion on front of Roy. Nice. A lot try edge-guarding with it but it's very predictable, you gotta read with it or try to threaten with getting close while chargin.

- Blazer is very nice. Still very disruptive anti-edge-guarding tool, and no more knockback scaling, meaning I can rely still on it in higher percents. :)

- Roy is amazing. AMAZING!!! MY BOY IS GONNA BE SO DAMN GOOD YOU DON'T KNOW :love:

Top Bottom