• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

Xeynid

Smash Cadet
Blazer's also a pretty good kill move. Provided you use it to punish something. Like Luigi with range and less endlag.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632

ROY!

I'll be around here often, thank you very much! I might have a dual main now!~<3

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I used to play a little Lucina with friends for fun. Just a fun sword character. But Roy was my Melee main, and his return is welcomed. I'm also rather happy that day 1 Roy's have been trashing day 1 Ryu's. Even if that's subject to change :p

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
I've done the opposite - picked him up as a main :p

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
So how many people dropped Roy yet?
Quite the opposite. He helps me understand this game more, actually, and is more comfortable than my now secondaries Robin and Sheik. I'm glad that his physics and move-set just click for me. Like nothing I've felt in this game tbh.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Roy is good, maybe too good. He might get nerfed in the next patch.

Last edited:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Roy is good, maybe too good. He might get nerfed in the next patch.
I don't think there's enough there to nerf, really. He fits well, with his strong attacks, great speed and short recovery + range. If they nerfed him, he would be horrible tbh. He's fine the way he is :) (But that recovery man, can we buff that a little bit?)

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I downloaded Roy! He's even more fun than I expected and I'll definitely be making him the third character that I play <3
Heh... same here.

Luigi, Shulk and Roy.
Roy is back. His Recovery is ****, but otherwise he is amazing. I will grit my teeth, and learn him until I can outclass atleast my friends, or top a few local tournies.

Heck, might even international ones, with that tournament mode coming up... I feel the HEAT!
ROY'S OUR BOY!

Xeynid

Smash Cadet
Roy is like a marth clone, if marth was still fun marth.

Undroppable.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
The Phier runs in my blood. It illuminates thy soul.

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

(meaning I most likely wont drop him xD)

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I don't think there's enough there to nerf, really. He fits well, with his strong attacks, great speed and short recovery + range. If they nerfed him, he would be horrible tbh. He's fine the way he is :) (But that recovery man, can we buff that a little bit?)
His kill percentage is what I am referring to. The fact that he can kill characters at low percentages may leave a bad taste in Nintendo's mouth.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've spent hours having a lot of fun playing as him. Dropping him soon after is something I don't plan on doing.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
In case you guys don't know, the start up of Roy's up b actually has super armor, so it should be able to combo break.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Top Bottom