• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy (Fire Emblem 6) support thread.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I do but it goes off topic and plus Hector >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Roy

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
I do but it goes off topic and plus Hector >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Roy
xianfeng=Troll
^_^ <3

Roy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hector

Hector got his butt killed by the guy that Roy defeats. What now?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Hector got his butt killed by the guy that Roy defeats. What now?
Hector was caught off gaurd, was tired and was in his late 40s early 50s, I'd like to see Roy beat a fly under those circumstances. Hector is stronger than Roy and you know it.

Roy is much cooler than Hector
Lol, no he isn't. Roy is about as cool as my sister :laugh: Hector is almost as cool as Elmo :cool:

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
The only character I really want removed is Doc. Other than him the clones can stay, just change them a little. And I really don't get why everyone is talking about taking them out to make room for other characters, you could have more new characters without removing old ones. Its not like there time is going to be spent up on making Roy's moveset so much that they don't have any time left to come up with another character. The fact is a returning character takes practictly no time to put in. They already have a moveset and stats, all they have to do is tweak them a little and program them in.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
Hector was caught off gaurd, was tired and was in his late 40s early 50s, I'd like to see Roy beat a fly under those circumstances. Hector is stronger than Roy and you know it.
He got still killed and ROY saved him from dying all alone. Think about it, your beloved Hector would died all alone in dirty dungeon with rats feasting on his corpse. Give Roy credit from saving him from that at least.

Lol, no he isn't. Roy is about as cool as my sister :laugh: Hector is almost as cool as Elmo :cool:
Dude if you think Elmo is cool I'm sure that explains your lack sense.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
He got still killed and ROY saved him from dying all alone. Think about it, your beloved Hector would died all alone in dirty dungeon with rats feasting on his corpse. Give Roy credit from saving him from that at least.
Roy gets no credit.
Dude if you think Elmo is cool I'm sure that explains your lack sense.
I was joking.

D

Deleted member

Lol at Elmo.

Anyway, Roy should return, or at least they should make sure he is included at some point, perhaps in an update.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
Lol at Elmo.

Anyway, Roy should return, or at least they should make sure he is included at some point, perhaps in an update.
Thank you! I also think that maybe they should update Roy. His flare attack would be awesome for one thing. I'd like to see him a tad bit quicker, too. Well, as least he isn't as slow as Link. (They need to make mah Link faster! Link for top tier! ^____^)

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
"Hector was caught off gaurd, was tired and was in his late 40s early 50s"

No, Hector was 37 when he died. Eliwood was 37 and was better than he was at 17, Hector got worse as he got older, why Eliwood got better...Hmmm...

Anyways ill be shocked if Roy does get cut, he was popular over here. But I do Hope he gets cut, cause I really dont like em. And that will hopefully leave room for better characters.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I would like roy to be back but something tells me that he is gone. If he could come back and not be too messed up that would be great.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
I would be shocked if he didn't get cut, there are more deserving FE characters like Sigurd, Lyndis, Hector, Ephriam, Ike, Mikaya and others.
OH CRYING OUT LOUD! We heard you the past 150 posts already! Who said you where the person to decide who was more "deserving" to be in Smash Brothers anyways?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
When did this thread get bumped? Well, I suppose that now atleast xianfeng has the appropriate thread to post his Roy hate - which I see he's done... Oh well, count me in the "Keep Roy for Brawl" crowd.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
So........can people please put Story Info in spoilers? Deathborne, can I have that english translation or whatever. When i got it from Xian, he said it was there, but i don't see it, or maybe I just don't know hwo to do it. But I would like to play 6 in English if possible, since I'm on chapter 4 or 5 and have no clue as to the story.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I'd also like to see Roy back, I'd also like Lyn, Hector and maybe Mikaya. But the 1 I whant to see the most is the character Marth.
I also want to see those characters back. I would like to see Marth and Roy back with at least one of the others. My choice is Lyn.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wouldn't it be... Weird if Roy was in the same game with the same age as Lyn and Hector?
FE Characters from other continents could do, but Hector and Lyn are way older than Roy.
But then again, this is Super Smash Bros. It still would be weird, and if Roy, Lyn and Hector all three would be in Brawl, people would confuse Roy with Eliwood.

I say they could keep Roy. He doesn't has alot of potential of having own moves though.
He has alot of chance of being cut, which imo only Doc and Young Link truely deserve.

They could also include Ike, and put some of Roy's moves and style to his moveset. But I highly doubt they would do that.

GenG

Smash Lord
Weird if Roy was in the same game with the same age as Lyn and Hector?
Not at all, see the Link & Young Link case (the same person at different ages). I won't find it weird.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Roy had his moment in the sun. People forget that even with the amount of time, if Sakurai does not want clones then every character will have its own moves and animations. Meaning there are not going to be an unlimited amount of space for new characters. Keep in mind that franchises that have not been represented need to get in too. Many people want to overload Brawl with FE and Starfox characters.

Lets pretend that Sakurai will double the amount of new noncloned characters in Melee. In Melee we had Bowser, Peach, Mewtwo, G&W, Zelda, Sheik, the Ice Climbers, and Marth. That is 8. So say is melee there will be 16. Now we know of five already (Wario, Zamus, Pit, Metaknight, and Snake). So the number is already down to 11. One to two third part characters might be in. To keep the number simple lets say one gets in. So for 1st and 2nd part characters we have only 10 slots. (Keep in mind this isn't very scientific but just go along with me). So we have 10 spots to add characters from franchises already in the game as well as adding characters from other franchises. If we throw in Wolf and Krystal and Ike and Sigurd and Hector and Lynn we have 4 spots left.

Sakurai has to cut characters in order to devote his time to noncloned characters, so I think Roy should go. I think Marth should be the only one from FE. Because then we could use the other slots to represent more genres and more games.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Or Roy could be removed and a unique non-swordsman FE character could be added

or MikaRabidKitsune is stupid fat American s.lut
Here's an idea, you should shut up.

PS: Hector is a pansy and should die.

Roy xinfanite +1> Hector.

I want ROy to have better aireals and a better DAir spike, to be on topic.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Gotta say xian... that remark you made on Mika was in seriously bad taste... even for you...
(I wonder why I didn't catch that sooner?)

At any rate, I very much hope for Roy's return to Smash...

Smash Rookie
Roy was a ****ing tank in FE6, and he was one of the most likeable characters in Melee. I hope he comes back for Brawl.

Peeze

Smash Master
Roy plays too similar to Marth to not be a clone. Roy was however one of the coolest players in the game, but as far as diversity goes I think Hector would be better than Roy for Brawl.
Eh...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In my oppinion Roy was the most important character in all Elibe, or however the continent is called. First, he lead the Lycia Alliance Army better than Hector or Eliwood ever could. He slayed the dragons and the evil king of Bern and he has to weild the strongest weapon of the continent. Also, he and Lilina made the Lycia Alliance the Kingdom of Lycia. Yeah, that happens only when Roy marries Lilinia, but I think it's quite obvilous that they where supposed to do so anyway. ;)

If Roy had to be replaced, I think it wouldn't be by another character from Elibe like Lyn or Hector to be honest. Although Roy really sucks in both FE6 (before promotion atleast) and in Melee I still think he's the most important character from Elibe, with Hector just slightly below him.

But realisticaly I think he'd be replaced by Ike, who would be an Luigified Marth clone with similair stats and play style of Roy, only a little bit buffed perhaps. Heck, Ike looks that much like Roy that Roy easly could be a costume of Ike, like Sigurd was to Marth...

CowDude

Smash Apprentice
I agree that I'd miss him more than Pichu or Young Link, but think about it; SSBM came out, and he was in 'cause he was the new lead in the new FE in Japan. He really has no reason to return except for the fans of him in Melee. Marth was the original hero. Roy was just a promotion of a new game that's not new anymore.

There's been Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, and even the new one. I wouldn't be all to surprised if they replaced him.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
In my oppinion Roy was the most important character in all Elibe, or however the continent is called. First, he lead the Lycia Alliance Army better than Hector or Eliwood ever could. He slayed the dragons and the evil king of Bern and he has to weild the strongest weapon of the continent. Also, he and Lilina made the Lycia Alliance the Kingdom of Lycia. Yeah, that happens only when Roy marries Lilinia, but I think it's quite obvilous that they where supposed to do so anyway. ;)

If Roy had to be replaced, I think it wouldn't be by another character from Elibe like Lyn or Hector to be honest. Although Roy really sucks in both FE6 (before promotion atleast) and in Melee I still think he's the most important character from Elibe, with Hector just slightly below him.

But realisticaly I think he'd be replaced by Ike, who would be an Luigified Marth clone with similair stats and play style of Roy, only a little bit buffed perhaps. Heck, Ike looks that much like Roy that Roy easly could be a costume of Ike, like Sigurd was to Marth...
That was a good analysis there and I very much agree, except with the him sucking part. :) I'm playing through FE6 right now and I have no real problems with him at all - besides, don't ALL FE Lords pretty much suck before they're promoted (with the exeption of Sigurd ;) )? Also, I'm able to play Roy WAY better than I am with Marth in SSBM - it really just comes down to the player. But yeah, Roy shouldn't be replaced by one of those other Elibe Lords. I personally want one of the Magvel Lords (Ephriam or Eirika), but that one probably won't fly... FE2 characters would be nice too (I <3 Celica... don't know why, but I do...), but that's even less likely... Oh well...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That was a good analysis there and I very much agree, except with the him sucking part. :) I'm playing through FE6 right now and I have no real problems with him at all - besides, don't ALL FE Lords pretty much suck before they're promoted (with the exeption of Sigurd ;) )? Also, I'm able to play Roy WAY better than I am with Marth in SSBM - it really just comes down to the player. But yeah, Roy shouldn't be replaced by one of those other Elibe Lords. I personally want one of the Magvel Lords (Ephriam or Eirika), but that one probably won't fly... FE2 characters would be nice too (I <3 Celica... don't know why, but I do...), but that's even less likely... Oh well...
First of all, thanks for the comments. :)

Okay, Roy doesn't suck that bad... But because of his rather low Strenght and very late promotion I say he's one of the lesser Lords before promotion. After promotion, he's a God, I bet he could take on the likes of Hector and Ike at level 20/20. But I don't quite agree that ALL Lords (except Sigurd :p) are sucky before promotion. Ephriam, Hector and Ike are good examples. Lyn can be either good or bad, it's all about oppinion with her. Eliwood isn't anything special but far from being bad.

I can see why you like Roy better in Melee then Marth. He used to be my secundary character to for a while but I got rusty with him. However Marth is obvilously way better then Roy, Roy might be a better choice if you prefer to stay on ground.

I also know it's very likely he'll be replaced by another Fire Emblem Lord. And I agree that Ephriam would be very cool! He is one of my favorite Lords to, however... very unlikely. Hector or Lyn, or both of them would be nice, but I myself don't see this happening... I explained that in my last post.

I say he most likely candidate for replacing Roy would be Ike. Yeah I know he's cliché and all, but PoR wasn't a bad game at all! I hope Ike makes an apperance in Godness of Dawn to.
Ike is well known, and very high on the character list of Sakurai, hell he even is as high as very well deserving characters as Diddy Kong and Ridley!

But I'd still be sad if Roy got replaced, while he does has possiblities of having his own moves. His Sword of Seals is a two handed sword right? Roy uses more swinging attacks than slashing. It could easly be put into his moveset.

And with that, I'll end this post. ;)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Well, I guess what I meant to say was starting Lords - but yeah true enough, except Ike kinda sucked at first too (but of course he pwns hard once he get promoted, especially when equipped w/Ragnell and Aether... :eek:). My only problem with Ike is that I don't really see how he would present something different than what Marth and Roy have already demonstrated, plus the fact he has blue hair, like EVER OTHER FE Lord... (diversity, plz) :chuckle: Again, I'd personally would like to see Ephriam or Eirika, but yeah... fat chance of that...

zerlander

Smash Cadet
I've notest that people are complaning about the clones. If thay do take out Roy just because of the fact that he is a clone, Then thay should TAKE OUT THE MARIO CLONES. I count 3 Mario clones including the Wario for the SSBB game coming out. There is Doc Mario, Luige,Wario. So don't take out Roy without draging a few other players down to.

Top Bottom