• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy (Fire Emblem 6) support thread.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I just started FE6 again and Roy is quite awsome, and despite the fact I think he is quite bland he is quite the "pimp" with all the girls he has I mean theres Lilina, Guinnevere, Sue, Lalum and Cecilia.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Lol xD I do that to most people, it's 12:30 at night here, and I kinda get wacky at night xD you will have to excuse me on that 0_o But don't worry, I'll be normal again tomorrow :O

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
yeah, kinda like a werewolf... but i think you like roy a little too much, if you know what i mean... :urg:

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Well... he isn't as much a staple in the series as Marth, but he still holds an important place in the series overall - not just because his game was the first portable title in the series (actually, it was originally being developed for the N64 - kinda like Mother 3), but it also was the revival of the series. Look up Tear Ring Saga and you'll see what I mean...

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
i see... anyways, if roy is going to return, then he should learn some new tricks, like the fire shot!, where he shoots a ball of fire... from his sword...

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
hmmm, if they do decide to replace marth or roy, then they should put the lord from FE5, i think his name was Leif, he's cool, and he's the only FE lord with normal hair... :)

ShiroinoKaze

Smash Cadet
I hope they keep roy. He's a fun character to use and the way he attacks actually sent the opponent in that direction. Who the hell flies up when you swing down?

kratosaurion2007

Smash Rookie
Personally, I feel there is a greater chance that Roy will return in SSBB, moreso than people believe.

For one, they obviously listen to the fanbase and I don't think they would get rid of a character that is used rather widely.

Secondly, the model, move set, and physics are all there. It just all needs to be updated. So I see it as more of a "Why not?" thing than a "Has to be" thing.

I'm not looking to start a fight, either. I just wanted to say that they have the resources, so I don't see why they wouldn't just go through the trouble. I feel that the more characters that are in Brawl, the better. I wouldn't care if we saw a few more clones, or perhaps even saw the old clones return as clones still. Take it with a grain of salt.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Some of you people want Roy to be removed from SSBB, but here are some reasons why they added him in SSBM as a clone:

• He acts and fights similar to Marth in Fire Emblem 6.
  • He is the Lord of the very first portable Fire Emblem title in Japan.
  • Nintendo and Intelligent Systems were using him to promote Fire Emblem 6, which wasn't finished during the release of SSBM.
  • He also appeared in Fire Emblem 7 (known as the first Fire Emblem release outside of Japan.
He was used for shameless promotion, Sigurd was the one supposed to be in. And his game was bad, sucks for Sigurd.

And here are some things that probably mean he has a good chance at returning:

• He could probably replace Ike (Lord of the first 3D Fire Emblem title), to save space, but I'm not sure if Ike fights exactly like Marth and Roy.
  • He is one of the most popular Fire Emblem characters in Japan, but not as popular as Ira (Fire Emblem 4).

Sakurai would either remove him, or make him a semi-clone.
  • Huh? Roy replace Ike?
  • He's not. His game wasn't well received.

In short, many people agree that Roy's game sucked, and he's not popular at all in Japan.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
He was used for shameless promotion, Sigurd was the one supposed to be in. And his game was bad, sucks for Sigurd.

• Huh? Roy replace Ike?
  • He's not. His game wasn't well received.

In short, many people agree that Roy's game sucked, and he's not popular at all in Japan.
"Shameless"? Then why is Fire Emblem 6 the 3rd best-selling Fire Emblem game?

Easy to say that? Meh, I wonder why I see so many japanese fansites of Fire Emblem, and most of their fanstuff (fanfics, fanart and such) features Fire Emblem 1/3, 4, 6 and 9.

NukeA6

Smash Master
"Shameless"? Then why is Fire Emblem 6 the 3rd best-selling Fire Emblem game?

Easy to say that? Meh, I wonder why I see so many japanese fansites of Fire Emblem, and most of their fanstuff (fanfics, fanart and such) features Fire Emblem 1/3, 4, 6 and 9.
It sold well because of Melee. But it could also be the best of GBA FEs. I'll try the game someday and see for myself.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I keep hearing this alot, that Sigurd was supposed to be in melee. Could someone please elaborate more on this; like when and where did Sakurai say Sigurd was supposed to be in melee and provide a source backing up your claim?

-Knight

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
It sold well because of Melee. But it could also be the best of GBA FEs. I'll try the game someday and see for myself.
Actually, I have my doubts of FE6 being the best, maybe better than FE8, but not better than FE7.

But if you go by difficulty, yes, it's better in that term.

Okysho

Smash Ace
I didn't like FE 6 all that much to be honest, It was tough (though that's not a negative trait) I can't say I liked the plot all that much it wasn't quite as deep as FE 9 and 10 or 1 and 3. Which had a bunch of sub-plots, twists and turns... Also, I heard that FE6 only sold so well because Roy was in SSBM, having said that, the reviews for the game weren't all the favourable. Personally, I'll wait for Marth's confirmation, then worry about other FE characters... There are much better reasons and much more evidence pointing to Marth being in brawl right now it's not even funny, but we'll save that for the proper discussion thread.
If they can change Roy's moveset then maybe they could fit him in if his popularity is high enough, considering that Roy was a Marth clone in SSBM the main factor that could de-clone him would be the size of the Durandal (Roy's sword) which is a wide blade compared to that of the Falchion (Marth's sword) which is much slimmer, almost like a rapier.
This factor alone could bring sakurai (or whoever's doing the characters) to de-clone Roy and fit him in, but there are also other factors to consider...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If they can change Roy's moveset then maybe they could fit him in if his popularity is high enough, considering that Roy was a Marth clone in SSBM the main factor that could de-clone him would be the size of the Durandal (Roy's sword) which is a wide blade compared to that of the Falchion (Marth's sword) which is much slimmer, almost like a rapier.
This factor alone could bring sakurai (or whoever's doing the characters) to de-clone Roy and fit him in, but there are also other factors to consider...
No, Roy's sword isn't the Durandal it's the Sword of Seals which is like Ike's Ragnell a 2 handed sword and a lot better than the Durandal. It has a ranged attack which is similar to Roy's B attack in Melee, except.. well ranged. :p

And cause Ike already has a 2 handed sword and has a ranged fire attack Roy's chances to return are extremley slim. Maybe in the final version he'll be a costume for Ike or become a AT? That's frankly the only way Roy could still be in Brawl.

Okysho

Smash Ace
yeah... that's... pretty much what I meant.... and also, the sword actually IS the durandal, I'd like to point out.
If you have the english patch for the game, first off, it is reffered to as such, also, Linina says that this was the sword used to seal the dragons during the scouring (which was the durandal, the same sword elliwood uses in 7)

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
yeah... that's... pretty much what I meant.... and also, the sword actually IS the durandal, I'd like to point out.
If you have the english patch for the game, first off, it is reffered to as such, also, Linina says that this was the sword used to seal the dragons during the scouring (which was the durandal, the same sword elliwood uses in 7)
Yes, it it the same sword Eliwood uses, but not Roy.

The Sword of Seals is not the Durandal.

:/ sorry if I got something mixed up with your statement.

-Knight

Top Bottom