• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy (Fire Emblem 6) support thread.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I support Roy's return after Marth and the addition of Lyn though. he should not be dropped 3 or 4 Fire Emblem charcters is not that much.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I've notest that people are complaning about the clones. If thay do take out Roy just because of the fact that he is a clone, Then thay should TAKE OUT THE MARIO CLONES. I count 3 Mario clones including the Wario for the SSBB game coming out. There is Doc Mario, Luige,Wario. So don't take out Roy without draging a few other players down to.
Luigi = Mario clone? Not at all. Do you know what to "luigify" means?
Wario = Mario clone? Wow. just wow. SSBB isn't even playable and you're already labeling him as a clone, when it's quite obvious that Wario will play differently than Mario.
Dr. Mario = Mario clone? Yes, the ONLY clone of Mario, and he is likely to be taken out as well

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Clones that have different identities can be changed. Roy and Marth, Ganon and Falcon, and finally Falco and Fox. The others can die as far as I'm concerned they don't need 2 ages for Link and Pichu is uneccasary in so many ways.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
@The Basement Dweller

I wouldn't say that Lyn should get in before Roy. Roy has done more for Fire Emblem than she has. I do however think that Lyn should be in the game and would love to see her in it, especially over Ike.

zerlander

Smash Cadet
Clones that have different identities can be changed. Roy and Marth, Ganon and Falcon, and finally Falco and Fox. The others can die as far as I'm concerned they don't need 2 ages for Link and Pichu is uneccasary in so many ways.
agread, pechiu is a werthless pile of data. He gets hert every time he attacks. And the only thing originale about Y. Link is that he is small.

Luigi = Mario clone? Not at all. Do you know what to "luigify" means?
Wario = Mario clone? Wow. just wow. SSBB isn't even playable and you're already labeling him as a clone, when it's quite obvious that Wario will play differently than Mario.
Dr. Mario = Mario clone? Yes, the ONLY clone of Mario, and he is likely to be taken out as well
I may have bin wrong about Luige, but like you said, Worio isnt playable. So what makes you say he wont be a clone. Im just gessing on that.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
@The Basement Dweller

I wouldn't say that Lyn should get in before Roy. Roy has done more for Fire Emblem than she has. I do however think that Lyn should be in the game and would love to see her in it, especially over Ike.
It's an opinion and Ike bites and I like Roy and I don't want him cut.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
FE 6 didn't have as much as an impact as FE 7 (being introduced to US) and FE 1(starting the whole franchise). Roy loses in popularity to other lords in the minds of people who have played nearly or all FE's in existance.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
He was put in as an advertisment wasn't he so yeah I doubt he'll be back. Also Stryks it says entrance is forbidden for me when I try to follow the link.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I may have bin wrong about Luige, but like you said, Worio isnt playable. So what makes you say he wont be a clone. Im just gessing on that.
What makes you think he will be? They end in "-ario"? It is confirmed wario will have the Wario Waft, a move which Mario doesn't have, and while Mario is a tad bit chubby, he is still fit enough to do what he can. Wario is a whole new level of fat. Plus, with the wario ware, land, and world games, I'd be suprised if they couldn't come up with an original moveset for Wario. Plus, Sakurai wants to AVOID clones, why would he put Wario as one of the new advertised characters then?

@ Stryks: That's half good and bad. The good part is the hilarity of it. tha bad part is the obvious H8 of roy

zombie7775

Smash Lord
i think it will depend on if they want to throw a character that they had in melee (along with marth) or if they just want to go without him and just add another FE character.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
Why does everyone bring up Roy being an advertisement? It really shouldn't matter. The game came out only a few months after Melee did. All the details of the game were pretty much finished.

GenG

Smash Lord
Why does everyone bring up Roy being an advertisement? It really shouldn't matter. The game came out only a few months after Melee did. All the details of the game were pretty much finished.
I think this is stated in the Melee webpage: The only character in SSBM who was intended to promote the sales of a definite game was Roy.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I still think that Hector and Lyn would be better Elibe representatives. Come to think of it so would Nino, Jaffar, Lilina (sp?), Eliwood, Nergal and plenty more.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
I think this is stated in the Melee webpage: The only character in SSBM who was intended to promote the sales of a definite game was Roy.
I know this. I'm just asking why it matters. It really shouldn't have any impact on a completely legitimate and significant Fire Emblem character.

@XianFeng

Will you stop trolling!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I still think that Hector and Lyn would be better Elibe representatives. Come to think of it so would Nino, Jaffar, Lilina (sp?), Eliwood, Nergal and plenty more.
xianfeng, xianfeng, xianfeng... will you never learn? :p (Welcome back, BTW)

Also, is it just me or is it that FE7 is the ONLY FE game you've played through? I'm sure that's not the case, but come on... I can think of dozens of more suitable candidates than the ones you listed in that second paragraph (I mean, Nino? Of all people? And Zephiel > Nergal) save maybe for FE6's Lilina (and you only suggested her cuz she's Hector's daughter... ). Sure FE7 may be heralded by some in the west as the most significant being the first to us, but in Japan it didn't make much of a splash, as only FE5 sold less than it - granted neither were failures, but they were the least successful. Also, the only real thing it introduced was an axe-wielding Lord (the honor of having the first female Lord and more than one Lord character both belong to FE2 ;) ) I also have a feeling that the US will see FE1-6 before long, either as VC titles or remakes or something, so I'm expecting to see something more from those titles. Also, any "Western appeal" for the game is more than likely going to come from FE9, maybe FE10. Oh well, I guess I'll stop my rabting there...

Back on topic, I'd like them to keep Roy but I will admit his chances aren't the best (though I wouldn't count him out yet either). At any rate, Roy once more FTW!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ohh please, you know that's not true! You see, in FE 7 Eliwood, Lyn and Hector prefend Nergal from summoning Dragons to Elibe. The last fight would be versus one of these Dragons.
In FE6 however, Roy slayed the Dark Dragon. The strongest of the Dragons that Hartmut sealed away after the Sourcing. Yeah I know all this crap cuz I replayed FE6 a short time ago.

Roy sucks yeah, in both Melee and FE6. However he get's to use the strongest weapon on Elibe, the Sword of Seals. Which is considered being one of the best weapons from ALL Fire Emblem games. Roy's mission also was the more important one. Hector would make an excelent Elibe representative, but you gotta agree that Roy still would be better.

By the way, Roy already was in Super Smash Bros. ;) That, and it was the very first game Roy appeared in. That only would give Roy priority above all Elibe characters, and I still hope if Ike gets in that he would have a Roy costume.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
xianfeng, xianfeng, xianfeng... will you never learn? :p (Welcome back, BTW)

Also, is it just me or is it that FE7 is the ONLY FE game you've played through? I'm sure that's not the case, but come on... I can think of dozens of more suitable candidates than the ones you listed in that second paragraph (I mean, Nino? Of all people? And Zephiel > Nergal) save maybe for FE6's Lilina (and you only suggested her cuz she's Hector's daughter... ). Sure FE7 may be heralded by some in the west as the most significant being the first to us, but in Japan it didn't make much of a splash, as only FE5 sold less than it - granted neither were failures, but they were the least successful. Also, the only real thing it introduced was an axe-wielding Lord (the honor of having the first female Lord and more than one Lord character both belong to FE2 ;) ) I also have a feeling that the US will see FE1-6 before long, either as VC titles or remakes or something, so I'm expecting to see something more from those titles. Also, any "Western appeal" for the game is more than likely going to come from FE9, maybe FE10. Oh well, I guess I'll stop my rabting there...

Back on topic, I'd like them to keep Roy but I will admit his chances aren't the best (though I wouldn't count him out yet either). At any rate, Roy once more FTW!
I haven't finished FE6 yet but Guinnevere sure did change from FE7 to FE6.

Roy does have a more important quest yes but he is more boring to me, he was one of my mains in SSBM so if he returned I would be thrilled by I would prefer to see Lyn or Hector.

Everyone loves Nino :p and Lilina is Hector's daughter and Hector = ownage so Lilina (and Uther) = ownage by relation.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
How can you hate Nino, Lilina and Hector.

Nino is sweet and kind and an orphan, you have to feel sad for her and then because she remains such a sweet and innocent person it is somewhat touching for a video game character.
Lilina is not the coolest character but she is related to Hector which makes her cool by relation plus she's a mage all my favourite characters are mages and sages like Erk, Nino, Lugh, Lilina, Pent etc.
Hector is just plain cool becuase he is the strongest and the coolest lord out of all the FE7 lords. I mean come on he has an axe and he is plain bad arse.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Nino is very much hated in america I believe there was a poll on it, but I heard that from another user here so don't quote me on it. Hector there is something I just don't like about him not sure what exactly. Lilina didn't come out with an american version I believe so I don't like her for plain dislike of Hector and Miyaka is a better mage lord and she is not even released yet.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
Um.....Weren't you saying she was cool just because she was Hector's daughter...isn't that a case of pot coal in the kettle black? You also seem to hate Roy just because he's "boring". Also welcome back! I was starting to miss my favorite troll! :)

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind to see Lilina. She's a mage and she's a female so that would most certainly make smash brothers more interesting....though....I all ready really want Brawl....

But I still want Roy to stay!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Yes that is Lilina, she would be great but she has little to no chance.

Roy was the reason I brought FE7, He was only there for a cameo and described in a dream from Hector :( but it was still a great game.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Yes that is Lilina, she would be great but she has little to no chance.

Roy was the reason I brought FE7, He was only there for a cameo and described in a dream from Hector :( but it was still a great game.
I'm sure it was. I personally find FE6 and FE8 more engaging than FE7... maybe it's just that it starts out slower (urg... couldn't they have made all that tutorial junk optional like in FE9? :ohwell: ) and that whole you has the tactician thing was a bit silly, seeing as how "you" played no real role in the storyline. But I'm sure it's awesome once the "real" game gets underway...

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Lol, I SERIOUSLY doubt there's gonna be a Roy in SSBB. Roy was nothing more than a playable advertisement for his own game(which wasn't released until after SSBM was released). Marth is definately gonna be in Brawl, that's not even an issue cuz Marth is THE FE character just like Mario = Super Mario Bros. , Link = Legend of Zelda and Fox = Starfox and etc. Like you guys were saying, it's about time for another character from the same game that actually makes sense like Peach, Bowser, Falco, & Ganondorf. I'm not to familiar with the original classics of FE but I hope they get there characters from there. Hopefully Marth's arch enemy Garnef will be in Brawl.

PS. I'm not tryin to trash Roy. I got no problem him. There a just way better FE characters out there... WAY BETTER!

FireBomb

Smash Lord
It's not that I don't like Roy or anything. Heck, he was my 2nd for a long time, but there is just many other FE charcters that would make a bigger buzz in the Smash World. FE has the curse of having many important characters in its' lifetime, so sacrifices must be made.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I'm sure it was. I personally find FE6 and FE8 more engaging than FE7... maybe it's just that it starts out slower (urg... couldn't they have made all that tutorial junk optional like in FE9? :ohwell: ) and that whole you has the tactician thing was a bit silly, seeing as how "you" played no real role in the storyline. But I'm sure it's awesome once the "real" game gets underway...
I liked playing Lyn's mode on Hard mode more, none of that tutorial crap. I liked the part where I was the tactition it was sorta like you were involved, it was nice, although it could have been improved on if you got to be playable, you could choose your class and where you came from blah blah blah and that would have been cool. As my first FE game very few things can improve on this game.

I really only got into FE6 after I could like spot out who's kids where whos, like Roy and Lilina were the first ones I got, (Eliwood and Ninian, Hector and Serra for me), Wolt was so obviously Rebecca and Wil's kid (he played more like Wil), Sue (Rath and Lyn) etc. etc. for me it gave them more character and personality which made me enjoy it more. But Merlinus was kinda crappy in this one, except for he could move and you didn't need him on the field to send stuff to storage... Marcus was sexy in this one :laugh: :laugh:

FE8 I really liked how much better it was than the previous two, I loved the trainee classes because they became uber powerful, the tower of valni thing was also awsome for training up my weaker units and I never ran out of weapons. Tethys is also the coolest dancer EVA!

Top Bottom