• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Ryu Sound Files Found

Are you excited for these characters?

• Yes

Votes: 823 72.9%
  • No

Votes: 306 27.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

I thought Sakurai said he wouldn't allow fighting game characters in Smash Bros., but okay, this is just a rumor.

42rockjock

Smash Cadet
Lol people getting mad over the slight chance that Roy might be back and the fact that ryu might be in smash 4 over other 3rd party characters. No ones forcing you to buy the DLC. If sakurai brings Roy back with a different move set then I don't think it'll be wasted spot and if he stays the same as Marth then at least make him viable lol. As for Ryu, it'll be interesting to see how a traditional fighting game character works in the world of smash but if this rumor is debunked then forget i even made this comment.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Can't wait for another lame Marth clone!

Can't wait for two more anime-esque characters in the game!!

Yay!!!!

I miss the day when those kind of characters were the exception in Smash. The series is almost becoming one of those anime fighters at this point. When it comes to third party characters, people ask for Bomberman, Banjo & Kazooie, Simon Belmont, etc and what Sakurai gives us? ****ing Ryu.

Of course it could be all fake, but still. Knowing Sakurai, it is likely real.
It's not like those characters don't have any possibility of coming in the future. You're effectively complaining about nothing other than the order Nintendo is giving us the characters. Their decisions are understandable because the characters they've announced/are rumored so far have been super easy to implement, aside from the obvious exceptions, but for all we know they could have been in development for a while.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Ryu would be cool and all but I'd prefer him to stay out since we have Mega Man already. I'm all for Roy though. Bring back Ice Climbers too yeah Sakurai? (inb4 they can't be modified to work in both versions)

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Umm, I don't know Ryu and I really don't want him because there's yet another Capcom guy with Mega Man and I don't want too many third partys. Snake would be cool cause it's a veteran, and maybe important guys like Banjo Kazooie, Conker, Bayontta, Bomberman or Rayman.

But Roy is our boy and has to has to has to has to has to come back. Thatd be awesomeee!

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's Ryu Hayabusa for sure, even though the music is VERY SPECIFICALLY the theme of Ryu from Street Fighter 2, and the victory screen music from SF2. That makes perfect sense!
Yep, but I don't know, the "stage music" was a lillte low quality, and the "victory theme" was meh... It would be interesting, but it could feel a little odd to have a Ryu with a smash like moveset... but like I said earlier SF5 is a PS4 exclusive and since the SNES nintendo didn't have any port of it...

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Yep, but I don't know, the "stage music" was a lillte low quality, and the "victory theme" was meh... It would be interesting, but it could feel a little odd to have a Ryu with a smash like moveset... but like I said earlier SF5 is a PS4 exclusive and since the SNES nintendo didn't have any port of it...
Super Street Fighter IV had a 3DS port.

Also MGS4 was a PS3 exclusive and they still put music from that game in Brawl, along with Snake himself.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Ryu would be cool and all but I'd prefer him to stay out since we have Mega Man already. I'm all for Roy though. Bring back Ice Climbers too yeah Sakurai? (inb4 they can't be modified to work in both versions)
Sakurai probably wouldn't bring them back, despite the hardware limitations he said removing them was his screw you to competitive players.

Of course I take it with a grain of salt but it's more amusing to take it at face value.

WadaPocky

Smash Rookie
NNID
WadaPocky
3DS FC
2208-4509-9563
Oh, please, no.
I'd rather have some truly different character like Rayman, Bomberman, Vlad, King K. Rool, Shovel Knight, or even another character from the EarthBound series whether it be a PSI user or not.
And remember, Mega Man has a dragon punch!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't believe it. Lucas' and Roy's victory themes are easy enough to make up, since they'd be the exact same as Ness's and Marth's, and Ryu's stage music and victory themes are taken directly from Street Fighter 2:

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Ryu? No, thanks. Don't make Smash Bros into a generic fighting game where everyone can join.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I expected Roy...but Ryu? I guess E3 is coming up so... eh, not the wildest thing I've ever heard.

PsychoJosh

Umm, I don't know Ryu and I really don't want him because there's yet another Capcom guy with Mega Man and I don't want too many third partys. Snake would be cool cause it's a veteran, and maybe important guys like Banjo Kazooie, Conker, Bayontta, Bomberman or Rayman.
This doesn't make sense to me. You don't want a second Capcom character, but you DO want a second Sega character (Bayonetta) and two additional Rare characters? I don't understand why you're being selective of which companies get to have two reps, which is why I'm glad you're not in charge.

If Nintendo CAN have lots of third party characters then why wouldn't they? There's no reason not to fill the game with as many legendary IP as possible. Namco should add Klonoa too to round out the secondary IP of the third party companies.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Super Street Fighter IV had a 3DS port.

Also MGS4 was a PS3 exclusive and they still put music from that game in Brawl, along with Snake himself.
Yeah, I read that in the other coments... well, we just have to wait and see and let the hype train arrives... or explode

PsychoJosh

And remember, Mega Man has a dragon punch!
So what? Ryu isn't defined by JUST his dragon punch. Since when did having a similar move to another character disqualify them from being in the game? I guess that means Dedede can't be in the game because his neutral B is an inhale just like Kirby. All the Fire Emblem characters, Little Mac and Shulk can't be in the game either since all of their down+Bs are counter moves.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So much :shaker: here it's pretty laughable TBH.

Anyways, i'm really hyped if this were the case. Roy and Mewtwo being back in Smash has been my biggest request since Brawl so now with Mewtwo out, this would really be a dream come true. To all you morons out there who are yelling out "3rd Marth", just look at the changes :ganondorf::falco:went through from Melee to Brawl. Roy can easily get the Luigi treatment for his moveset so don't scream stuff that you only assume.

Also, he really needs to come back with that badass Awakening outfit. That would be really hype.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
On personal feelings, Roy is meh for me. I don't mind, seeing as he's already been in SSB before, but we already have two Marths.

As for Ryu, I love it. I love Street Fighter and I would like to see Ryu.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Eliwood for smash! (better than Roy...)
As much as I like Fire Emblem, I think it doesn't need another rep, much less Roy returning. (Why not Hector instead?) And Ryu would be cool. (Please have Guile's theme)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You know a lot of people complain non-stop about people wanting Roy because of his Smash appearance and not his FE appearance which is pretty funny considering that his debut game was in Melee.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Ryu would be interesting, but dont really care for Roy. We have a Royesk character already in Lucina. If he is in I hope they do something completely new.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Am I excited for these characters? No. Would I be happy they are in, and want to play them? Yes.
Do I think this is real? No. Sounds too much like someone's personal dream come true. With that said, I could see it happen. I mean if there's going to be another capcom character, Ryu is probably the one to get.

Roy - Whatever happens to Roy, someone will be unhappy. As some will want him to be similar to his Melee counterpart (aka melee clone), and some will want him to get more personality with his moves. Personally I only like using Roy in Melee because of his firey Up+B being cool, and I loved making a game of "how long can I charge a normal B special and still hit the enemy?". Outside of that I just rather play Marth.

Ryu - I like some of the characters based off Ryu a little bit, but Ryu himself is just boring to me. I'd say he'd translate well to Smash though. Of course, if there was any character to be added from street Fighter, it'd have to be Ryu.... Maaaaybe Chun-Li since she's pretty much in every game that Ryu is in and is pretty iconic. Guile is pretty popular too, never heard someone that hated Guile before. At least adding someone from Street Fighter would let Street Fighter be popular again, and strengthen Nintendo's relationship with the companies involved with Street Fighter.
One thing is for sure, the character I liked to play the most in Street Fighter (Vega) will never get in. I just like akward, unpredictable character in games in general, and I'm a sucker for masks + claw weapons. Too bad his personality is a narcissistic pretty boy, who is a creeper to Chun Li... Sometimes its a good thing to not know the story behind a character. (Though the fact that he makes crazy sounds, and is an evil guy is fine)

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Honestly, I would have preferred WOLF ......and RAYMAN.

But whatever. For now hoping fake just so my preferences can have a chance.

BeetleJoJo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kingcrimson2012
3DS FC
1821-9930-6886
I have reasons to believe this is all real due to the last time we had something like this. 8-Player Mode, anyone?

My opinions on this....Hell yeah. I loved Roy back in Melee as a kid. Enough that he was my main. I wouldn't mind him coming back as long as they buff him here and there. And like one poster has said already, Roy could get the Luigi treatment so keep those chins up.

Ryu....I am open to this inclusion from Capcom. Hell, I would have wanted Ryu over MM back then. Nevertheless, As someone who casually played the SF series, I am looking forward to how Ryu will adapt to the Smash games.

All in all, I am looking forward to these 2 a lot.

TheBearsnake

Smash Cadet
NNID
theBearsnake
3DS FC
4553-9978-0228
probably fake but ryu has just as much of a claim to being in as megaman or sonic. Pretty much the grandfather of fighting games. And really started on SNES (And arcade but what evs)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Why the hell does RYU's Stage Theme sound like Donut Plains from Super Mario Kart!?

That whistle.

Top Bottom