• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Display Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
SSB4 Wishlist/Prediction Roster

• 1st Row: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Wario, R.O.B. Mr. Game & Watch
  • 2nd Row: Link, Zelda, Impa, Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Captain Falcon, Olimar, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Little Mac, Ice Climbers, Takamaru
  • 3rd Row: Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Ridley, Pit, Medusa, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Ness, Marth, Chrom, Isaac, Mii[yamoto]
  • 4th Row: Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Genesect, Mewtwo, Pac-Man, Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Black Mage, Random
TOTAL CHARACTERS: 50

Special Thanks to Xous54 on DeviantArt for lending me his Pikachu and Genesect illustrations. You can check out his page here: http://xous54.deviantart.com/

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
Mario Series
All brawl veterans return
1 Newcomer
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Bowser
  • + Bowser Jr- This guy has been a mainstay in the franchise since sunshine more than deserving of a spot. He uses all kinds of tech in the games which could easily be turned into a moveset NOT A BOWSER CLONE!
Side Note-
  • Toad- I honestly do not get why people wan't this guy he's (or should i say they) are almost always depicted as helpless cowards i mean really they let their leader get kidnapped on a weekly basis. That being said i can see where the support comes from i just don't understand it.
  • Fawful- second in line for a spot behind jr pretty much is the main villain of the mario & luigi games but is behind bowser jr because his lack of titles and not venturing out of the rpg's
Kirby
0 Newcomers
  • Kirby
  • Metaknight-with galactaknight costume
  • King Dedede
side notes-
kirby is pretty much set with these 3 they are by far the most important the only possible rep i could think of is bandana de but that would be the equivalent of adding goomba so NO
Legend Of Zelda
3 Brawl veterans return
2 Brawl veterans cut
1 Newcomer
  • Link
  • Zelda- no sheik transformation, buffed considerably
  • Ganondorf- completely decloned please
  • -toon link- different animation style does not warrant a separate character especially if it's just a clone. Just speed up normal link a bit and be done with it.
  • -Sheik- hasn't been in a game for a while now but does not completely go away
  • +Impa- in all honesty i think that zelda representation would be just fine with the link, zelda, ganon.
  • I mean honestly there are no other characters in the series that are as important and occur as often as them that being said the fan base demands that there be as many zelda reps as mario so if push comes to shove impa is the only character i would accept she has appeared or been mentioned in multiple titles and could easily just inherit a lot of sheiks moveset giving the developers more time to focus on zelda (character).
Side notes
  • Ghirahim- Oh boy this guy i can see his support more than say toad but it still dosen't change the fact he's only been in one game. his situation is almost exactly like another's do you know who?? he conquered hyrule with the power of the sunset, works for ganondorf....bat**** crazy....It's zant ok and he didn't even get a trophy in brawl if i recall correctly what makes the new secondary villain any better??
Pokemon
3 Returning brawl veterans
3 Cut brawl veterans
4 Newcomers
  • Pikachu
  • Jigglypuff- Her popularity rivals pikachu in japan she's not going anywhere
  • -Pokemon trainer (kanto) the pokemon trainer in brawl is being cut due to the sheer amuont of representation gen 1 has gotten (HUGE!!) i know it's the original and all but we have had 4 new gens we need the spread the love. That being said one pokemon of the 3 stands out can you guess which one?..........*ding* times up if you guessed squirtle of ivysaur you should consult you're doctor because everybody knows it's charizard and that's why in my roster he stays. Breaking him away from the trio gives him the opportunity to shine on his own being one of the most popular pokemon of all time has it's perks you know.
  • Charizard
  • -Lucario- he has served his purpose as gen 4 advertising time for him to downgrade to assist or pokeball pokemon
  • +Zoroark- with lucario out of the way we need 5th gen advertising an this fit's the bill being the first fifth gen pokemon to be revealed and staring in a movie helps his cause. For lucarios fans out there i can't imagine he would play that different besides maybe his illusion thing being implemented somehow.
  • +Sinnoh Pokemon Trainer (dawn)- i know i got rid of the pokemon trainer but hear me out i got rid of the KANTO pokemon trainer because i wanted charizard to be his own man..lizard...dragon...thing that being done i'm not saying i didn't like the pokemon trainers gimmick he does represent what you do in the game after all i chose 4th gen because 5th gen is getting zoroark and i got rid of lucario so 4th gen needs a rep. The sinnoh pokemon trainer would be the girl (dawn) as she is more easily recognizable and would have Piplup, Grotle and Infernape i would have mixed up the order but piplup is HUGE in japan and im pretty sure rage would ensue if infernape wasn't the fire stage and grotle was owned by ash at one point so he has some recognition.
Metroid
1 Newcomer
  • Samus
  • Zero Suit Samus
  • +Ridley- I honestly think he's practically confirmed he's the most consistant character in the series besides samus herself he has more than enough moveset material. the only problem people have is size but they don't realize that like bowser ridley is a different sizein almost every game as well i mean hell back in the old metroids he was just a little bigger than samus but on a serious note i would put him at maybe a little taller and a bigger hitbox than bowser but lighter and faster.
Side notes
Honestly ridley is the only viable metroid rep the other bounty hunters are cool just not as consistent.

Donkey Kong Series
1 Newcomer
  • Donkey Kong (DK) Funky Kong alternate outfit (they have a similar body shape)
  • Diddy Kong
  • +King K Rool- Easily one of the most likely newcomers IMO he is the bowser of DKC except returns for unknown reasons. the moveset potential is there and so are loads of alternate costumes.
Side Notes
  • Dixie Kong- only other dk rep that would make sense i would put her in my roster but it seems kinda odd to add two dk reps in one game so if i have to choose i would much prefer k rool.
Star Fox
1 Newcomer
  • Fox
  • Falco- I'm on the fence with this guy on the one hand he is a melee veteran on the other with my newcomer star fox would get four reps a number most people find strange for some reason so if if they were to cut someone i would choose falco but if he returns great just declone him some more. NO TANK
  • Wolf- Different b moves would declone him NO TANK
  • +Krystal- only viable star for rep left IMO she has the popularity her staff would give her a unique moveset and being a girl doesn't hurt.
Side Notes
  • Slippy- Are you kidding me? krystal haters say they don't like her because she's annoying which i can understand but the counter her by saying one of the most annoying characters in nintendo history is better?? WTF that being said an assist trophy might be interesting
  • Peppy- Really doesn't inspire a fighter more like grandpa telling war stories in a seat by the fire
  • Andross- LOL unlike bowser and ridley andross's planet sized head stays pretty consistantly planet sized and honestly a shrunken down gorilla head with hands sounds weird stay an assist trophy.
Wario Series
wario stays
Wario- Wahahaha more wario land moves please side b shoulder charge
side notes
I considered adding waluigi but it wouldunt make sense since he has never been in a wario title but if he;s in game & wario or (PLEASE) the next wario land game he will be here.

Waluigi
Waluigi time!
  • Waluigi- It wouldn't make sense for him to be a mario rep as only characters from the adventure side of the series have been reped. And it wouldn't make since for him to be a wario rep as he hasn't appeared in a wario game. so that's why i say slap a Γ behind his picture and let him rep himself his abilities from the spin offs will more than suffice in giving a unique and interesting moveset. he hasn't appeared in a main title yet but is smash bros a main mario/wario/own game?? NOPE

Earthbound
1 brawl veteran returns
1 cut
  • Ness- only rep needed
  • -Lucas- what was the point of him exactly he was a complete clone

Fire Emblem
1 brawl veteran returns
1 cut
2 newcomers
  • Marth
  • +Krom- hero/advertisement of the day inherits alot of ikes moveset
  • +michaiah- radiant dawn was a good game so she reps it in absence of ike she doesn't use a sword so would rep another side of FE

Yoshi series
Yoshi Yoshi
1 Yoshi
  • Yoshi

side note
Yoshi

F-zero
  • Captain Falcon- Really All f-zero needs

Retro
All return
2 newcomer
  • Ice Climbers
  • Mr Game & Watch
  • R.O.B
  • +Takamaru- i think he is in line for a revival soon good chance to get his series up and rolling again
  • +Little Mac- Almost guaranteed at this point to be honest

Pikmin
all return
1 newcomer
  • Olimar
  • +Louie the king of bugs- this is a character idea of my own creation if you read the report about the titan dwevil in pikmin 2 you will lean that Louie
    controlled the beast somehow
    so i was thinking what if he expanded his bug controlling skill to another creature...The red bulborb now i know what you're thinking (it's TOO BIG) but bear with me the bulborb in smash is a bit bigger than they actually are in game i would imagine a bulborb as a little bigger than bowser he would be slow but his attacks deal tons of damage when the connect even more than ganondorf however he is the slowest character in game and has limited aerial abilities that being said he is very difficult to ko due to his colossal weight i think he could work.
Kid Icarus
brawl veterans return
1 newcomer
  • Pit
  • Palutena/Medusa- Honestly their both women with magic sticks and could be alternte costumes of one another.
Side notes
  • Dark Pit- stay an alt
  • Magnus- Meh get another game then ok
  • Hades- same

Dillons rolling western
NEW
  • Dillon the armadillo- A relatively successful download game that is the beginning of nintendos online generation i think he deserves a spot as new series are always good to have in games like smash

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
I made something :
[collapse=My wish roster]
[/collapse]

Considered version-
Mario
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Luigi
Toad
Waluigi
Dr. Mario
Paper Mario
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Wario
Yoshi
Legend of Zelda
Toon Link
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Metroid
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Dark Samus
Fire Emblem
Marth
Roy
Ike
Krom
Pokémon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Zoroark
Kirby
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Pikmin & Olimar

Pit

Isaac

MOTHER
Ness
Lucas
Retro Series
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Mach Rider
Takamaru
Mr. Game & Watch
Third-Parties
Sonic
Snake
Mega Man
Pac-Man

Total- 55, with 29 unlockables.

Ginamudkipz

Smash Cadet
Mario series :
Mario
Peach(rosalina costume)
Bowser(dry bowser costume, Dark bowser costume-mario and luigi rpg3-)
Paper Mario:awesome:
CONSIDERED : Toad, Waluigi(Even if i don't even thinks he merits his place has a character, since he has no games, no story, even more in his brother shadow than luigi's)

Donkey Kong :
DK
Diddy
Dixie (Tiny costume):awesome:
CONSIDERED: King k. Rool

Yoshi(wings yoshi costume)

Wario :
Wario
Ashley

Luigi, having the luigi mansion suckvac:awesome:

Legend of Zelda :
Link
Zelda(different game design costume)
Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon link or young link(or one having a costume of themself)

F-Zero :
C. Falcon(helmless costume):awesome:
S. Goroh

Star Fox :
Fox
Falco(all three having old games designs)
Wolf
Krystal

Metroid :
Samus(as costume dark samus)
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley(metal ridley costume):awesome:

Fire Emblem :
Marth
Roy
Ike
Krom
Black Knight

Pokémon :
Pikachu(Pichu and raichu sprite?)
Jigglypuff(Should have the marker costume in his hand, like in the episodes)
Mewtwo
Zoroark
Hoenn PKMN Trainer(girl and boy possibility):awesome:

Kirby :
Kirby(epic yarn costume)
DDD
Meta Knight (galacta kngiht costume)

Pikmin & Olimar(louie costume)

Pit

MOTHER :
Ness
Lucas
CONSIDERED:porky

Retro Series :
Ice Climber
ROB
Mr. Game & Watch

Third-Party :
Sonic
Snake
Mega Man(Zero costume)(Full upgraded armor costume)
Pac-Man(I can't even see his move pool, but i know he'll be in)
Lloyd Irving(Eternal sword costume):awesome:

NOTES: Dr. Mario returns as a costume for Mario.
I took johny's one as a sample

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce

legit guesses peppered with a bit of preference. (i won't lie - i don't think agumon is likely. but i can dream. :awesome:)

@spire: i love the hexagon tiles, did you make them yourself or is there somewhere i can get my hands on them?

Dayzle

Smash Rookie
Seeing who each brach will only ever have up to four characters from each platform, its unrealistic to think they will add more.

Mario branch will not change.

Zelda branch will have updated changes to appearance, and Toon link will most likely stay.

Yoshi branch I don't see changing, unless they add the mario babies. (I hope not)

DK branch I see filling the last to spots with Funky kong, Dixie, or K. Rool.

The Pokemon branch I see Zoroark replacing Lucario, and Pokemon trainer changing appearance, and/or his Pokemon becoming different starters maybe. Mewtwo is not coming back.

The F-Zero branch might add Goroh, but I doubt it.

The Mother branch I once more don't see changing as their games become more for gotten.

The Kirby branch I don't see changing much. I feel Metaknight will be a bit different, they might add Yarn Kirby, or some other character thats proved prominent like Joe.

The Fire Emblem branch I would say might not change at all, they might add Roy due to complants, or maybe Lyn

I see the Ice climers and Pit returning, and then the addition of some other classic character, and I know it wont be the ballon fighters.

Rob and Mr Gameandwatch will be back, and might get something new add on with them.

The Metroid branch will have Samus and ZSS, and I feel another will tag along, but I think Ridley would be to odd.

Sonic will most likely be back with Tails, Knukles and/or Shadow. Who knows.

Snake will be there, and Gray fox might too.

The Star Fox branch will stay, and might add Cristal or one of Wolfs partners.

The Pikmin branch wont change, we might see more pikmin though.

The Wario branch I think will stay to be just Wario, but they might unlikely add someone from his games.

New branches:

First party branches-

Paper Mario might make it in, the game has had strong sales and is quite popular.

Golden sun might find their way in with Isaac, or someone.

Custom Robo may get in as well.

I don't know if Animal Crossing could find a way to get in, but if so... more power to them.

I don't think little Mac is going to make it, but who knows.

I hear there is some intrest in the game Little King story

Not first party:

I think Magaman has a lot of people pulling for him, but I don't think he will make it in.

Pac-man will not get in, thats that.

I hear Micky Mouse from Epic Mickey has a chance.

I would hope Tekken stays out.

Degimon have a zero chance for no one has, or I think would push the idea forward.

Ray-man may have a slight chance, but I doubt it.

Hyro

Smash Lord
First Party:

Ridley, King K. Rool, Bowser Jr., Vaati/Ghirahim, Krystal

Third Party:

Megaman, Bomberman, Rayman, Spyro, Banjo-Kazooie, Tails

D

Deleted member

Conservative:

Number of characters: 44 slots (49 with transformations)
Newcomers/Returnee: 9 (King K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, Roy, Palutena, Takamaru, Little Mac, Shulk, and Mega Man)
Cuts: 0
Third-parties: 3

Prediction:

Number of characters: 45 slots (50 with transformations)
Newcomers/Returnee: 12 (King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Takamaru, Palutena, Samurai Goroh, Mewtwo, Roy, Mach Rider, Little Mac, Shulk and Isaac)
Cuts: Sonic and Snake

Prediction (with third-party characters):

Number of characters: 47 slots (52 with transformations)
Newcomers/Returnee: 13 (King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, Samurai Goroh, Roy, Palutena, Takamaru, Mach Rider, Little Mac, Isaac, Shulk, Mega Man)
Cuts: Snake
Third-parties: 2

Expansive:

Number of characters: 54 slots (59 with transformations)
Newcomers/Returnee: 19 (Toad, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ghirahim, Ridley, Krystal, Mewtwo, Samurai Goroh, Roy, Chrom, Palutena, Takamaru, Mach Rider, Little Mac, Saki Amamiya, Isaac, Shulk, Mega Man, Professor Layton)
Cuts: None
Third-parties: 4

Will add explanation for choices later.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman

To Conserve space & minimize the size of my roster to 50 characters

Mario's icon will be a placeholder for Mario, Paper Mario, Dr. Mario, & Ice Mario
Link's Icon will be a placeholder for Regular Link, Toon Link & Young/MM Link
Pikachu will have Pikachu & Pichu
Pkmn Trainer will be Kanto - Unova Trainers & Starters
Sonic will be a placeholder for Classic Sonic & Modern Sonic
& Megaman will be a placeholder for Classic, X, & Legends Megaman

The third party characters are in a 8 : 50 Ratio being under one-fifth of the roster staying only, with the exception of Banjo & Kazooie only companies who have or are currently working with Sakurai on Smash Bros

Joseponypants

Smash Rookie
NNID
Joseponypants
All Characters from Brawl, but cut Dedede, Ganon, Lucario, Wolf, maybe Lucas. Replace Lucario with Mewtwo, Pkmn Trainer with Black/White Pkmn Trainer and Ganon with Ghirahim. Add K. Rool, Paper Mario, Lil Mac, Ray MK, Isaac, Black Shadow, Krom, Saki, Nook, Krystal, Ridley and Takamaru or Shulk. Don't see both of them in. Maybe add Rosalina and Geno as well. Change Link to have SS items, Balance the **** out out of MK or cut him altogether. Change TL so he isn't a clone, but rather an actually different character. Don't believe in the Namco characters yet, waiting to see more work done on the game before I say. I'd rather them not in it. Olimar to be replaced with the Protagonist of Pikmin 3. Impa to maybe replace Sheik as a seperate character.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Ta-da, my prediction roster. The only character I have real difficulty leaving off is Krystal. Everyone else have reasons for being on the roster (or not).

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Hrm....

Mario Series: Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, Wario
Zelda Series: Link (Skyward Sword Version), Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Toon Zelda/Tetra
Metroid Series: Samus, Zero Suit Samus
Donkey Kong Series: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool
Kirby Series: Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede
Pokemon: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, *insert newest physic pokemon here*
Star Fox Series: Fox, Falco, Wolf
Fire Emblem Series: Marth, Ike, Krom
Earthbound Series: Ness, Lucas
Kid Icarus Series: Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena
One Slot/Retro Series: Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, ROB, Mr.Game & Watch, Little Mac, Olimar, Mii
Third Parties: Sonic, Snake, Pac-Man or Yoshimitsu, MegaMan

---

Characters that have a noticeable chance, though not high enough for me to actually bet on it:

Mario Series: Waluigi, Birdo
Metroid Series: Ridley
Fire Emblem Series: Roy
Pokemon Series: Mewtwo, Lucario
Star Fox Series: Krystal
One Slot/Retro Series: Ray 01, Isaac, Balloon Fighter, Shadow the Hedgehog, Grey Fox (MGS), Siegfried

TheTizzler

Smash Rookie
Mario series

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Waluigi

Yoshi series

Yoshi

Donkey kong series

DK
Diddy
K.Rool

Wario series

Wario
Captain Syrup

Zelda series

Link
Zelda/Impa (purely cosmetic change. She'll retain the shiek moveset)
Ganondorf (new moveset)
Skull kid

Metroid series

Samus/ zero suit
Mother Brain

Star fox series

Fox
Falco
Wolf

Kirby series

Kirby
Meta knight
Dedede

Fire Emblem

Marth
Krom (inherits ike moveset)
Gharnef

Pikmin series

Olimar

Kid icarus series

Pit

F-zero series

Captain falcon
Samurai goroh

Punch out series

Little Mac

Pokemon series

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
N (with unova starters)
Zoroark or Ditto (will be treated as the "edgemaster" of the game. He appears, randomly chooses a character to turn into and when he dies he transforms into another random character on the return pad.)

Earthbound

Ness
Lucas

Other

Ice climbers
Game and Watch
R.O.B
Shulk

3rd party
Snake
sonic
pac-man
Travis Touchdown

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Can't believe I haven't posted my roster here yet.

Roster 3.png

EDIT: 8:55am 6/11/13

pyrofox13

Smash Rookie
people that should be removed:
MK

Diddy Kong

Wario

Toon Link-he's a clone

i'd say Pit and Olimar but Pit's new game came out in march so he might make it and Olimar was shown to have a new game on the way Pikmin 3(idk that much about pikmin)

MK and Diddy have to be toned down to balance the next game, if they make it.
I'm fine wwith everybody else

New Characters:

Shadow The Hedgehog-he's the most common hack so it would make sense and if sonic does make the cut for the next one shadow could fit into the next storyline by coming in with sonic or saving him from a boss

Megaman-people really want him and nintendo always gives what the people want in their games
Zoroark-idk

Returning Veterans(SSBM wise)

Mewtwo-replacing him with lucario was because he was new and nintendo wanted to try something new, probably, and people didn't like it they wanted mewtwo

Roy-growing up as a kid i loved roy he was fun and cool and back then i thought marth was a girl so i used roy we had three star fox characters so three fire emblems that everyone knows is equvialent to that. but they have to give him a new moveset so there are no gay clones

Hope You Agree! :)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
UPDATE!!!! I updated my roster, scroll past this to see the new one.

OK, this requires some explaining.

The characters to the left, I believe are either shoe ins or have fairly high chances. I feel like characters from the original series are going to get some more reps this time around, and a few new series are going to get characters.

The characters to the right I either feel have fairly good chances or feel that their series is getting a rep and not sure which but just maybe that one, but don't care too much about the specific character (Rosalina, Midna, Shulk)

The other ones there are wish characters that I feel have very low chances if like one or even two get in I'll be ecstatic (shy guy, chaos, megaman, deoxys, sukapon, dark samus, funky kong, bomberman, skull kid)

Now for some stuff on the left.

Black Shadow - Yeah, I'm no tooo sure about this one. I do feel like C Falcon should get another Rep, being an original 64 character. And I don't like Gorah or Blood Falcon too much. So I chose this guy. Not a pure roster pick for me, but he fills a quota.

Ridley - 100% chance this time around. 3 games and only 1 Metroid rep? This ain't happenin' a fourth time. Dark Samus would be cool too but I don't think metroid's pulling a kirby and getting a double addition although if it did i think it would take this route.

King K. Rool - I do believe the DK series will get another rep, and this guy just seems to fit. I personally prefer Funky Kong, but I think Sakurai will go for variety.

RAY, Villager, Isaac, Mii - I think Sakurai is going to try to represent some more series this time around, and I think these guys are the way to go.
I loved Custom Robo, and a fighting mech seems perfect for smash
Animal Crossing is amazing, although this slot could go to tom nook, idk for sure.
Golden Sun was amazing, and Isaac has already been recognized as an AT. Could be a unique fun brawler. I mean, Charizard went from pokeball pokemon to playable :D
I feel that sakurai likes to add at least one oddball pure nintendo rep each game (G&W, ROB), to me the mii seemed a bit obvious, with it's continuation as a nintendo rep into it's newer generation of consoles.

Krystal - Starfox seems to have been getting a new rep per game, and she seems to be the next logical character to add in - female lead, fairly unique with the staff, dear god don't give her a landmaster sakurai, don't give her a landmaster

Masked Man - Idk if earthbound will get another rep, but I always liked the idea of this guy. This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but hey, this is a prediction thread.

I don't think there's going to be a new kirby rep this game, after the double dose last game.

PLEASE MAKE WARIO CLASSIC WARIO CHANGE HIS MOVES

I think there's actually a fair chance of a second sonic rep, a tossup between tails and shadow IMO. HOWEVER I LOVE CHAOS.

I think that LoZ could easily get a new rep this game, maybe looking at Midna, maybe a toon link villain, or I would personally love skull kid, but he seems unlikely.

I think the Mario series could also easily get another rep. Shy guy is my secret fav but I doubt his appearence. Rosalina seems interesting, also kind of the face of the new 3D mario games. I don't think waluigi or birdo will make it, either.

Aaannndd for the PKMN section I hope all of the previously appearing PKMN characters return, plus Mewtwo as well. He is the only cut from melee I don't support. (well, maybe roy). However, I don't think they'll resist adding a new pokemon as well, and honestly, Zoarark is a shoe in. He's the 5'th gen's face, I can't see him not getting in. I would love for Deoxys, or maybe another trainer to get in, but I doubt it.
I personally am afraid they'll cut or change the current PKMN trainer's pokemon and that would lose me Charizard D:

Who wouldn't want to see a charizard ridely battle?

I'm also unsure of Snake's return. I think it'd be awesome, but like link only in one soul calibur, maybe not.

And for the last few on the right. I think Sukapon is awesome, a cool retro choice, but he seems unlikely. Shulk seems interesting, but never having played his game, he hasn't caught my eye. he seems to have a chance, though. And some cool third party characters would be either megaman or bomberman. personally I don't think either will happen but I'd LOVE bomberman and megaman would be cool too.

I don't think another Kid Ic rep will get in. That was a retro series, which sakurai seems to be giving a one per policy to.

I'm also not turning down the possibility of other retro's, like balloon fighter, mach rider, and the rest. same with other series I haven't mentioned, or new reps from current series. Even some crazy namco stuff, like pacman xD. just IMO.

After spending a bunch of time on smashboards, I have re-evaluated my roster

This time it's in three sections, yes.

Many explanations are the same, however I will still speed through it.

The big block on the left is, as of right now, if there were some sort of betting game on closest to actual roster, what I would vote on. Yes, there is still some personal bias included.

The second slide of characters are ones that I think have legitimate chances to appear, but I didn't make room for them. The third set are just personal favorites that I understand have less than 1% chance of appearing but there they are.

The Mario and Zelda franchises - While I think it's fairly likely at least one of these will get a new character - if not both - I can't decide on who. It's really hard for zelda, there's not many characters that stick, I don't quite like that skyward sword villian. I put skull kid on the right due to his wavering popularity and Nintendo's recognition of a large fanbase for majora's mask. I think he has a better chance than most other zelda characters. maybe toon zelda/shiek like the forbidden 7... but.... meh.

As for the Mario franchise, the problem is the opposite, there are so many options. Rosalina and paper mario are just my favorite two.

DK - I think tihs is fairly straightforward, however I acknowledge dixie's high chances as well by placing her on the right. Funky Kong goes to the faaar right because he's awesome but overshadowed atm.

Kirby - I don't think we're getting more this time around. we have a good core atm.

Metroid - self explanatory. add ridley, dark samus is awesome, but unlikely as heck.

StarFox - I think Krystal has high chances, StarFox has been getting a character per game every game now.

F-Zero - Seeing as Falcon has been around since smash 64, I feel he deserves a friend. Goroh has been his most popular ally, even being an assist trophy in brawl. I personally don't like him that much, I'd prefer B shadow or something, but he is undeniably more likely.

FE - I think Roy has high chances, I don't think Ike will be cut, I have trouble deciding on another fire emblem lord outside of these. Maybe Krom will make it over Roy, I'm not saying he won't, but either way Ike will stay in.

Earthbound - Probably won't see a newcomer. MAYBE clause, very unlikely IMO

3rd party - I don't think these guys will be cut - sonic will still be popular, sakurai is still friends with snake's creator. Maybe another third party will get in - megaman is popular, and I like him a lot. Not betting on it, however. I would personally love Bomberman, although I think he's got no chances. Chaos is also one of my fav videogame characters, but if there even is a second sonic rep, it's gonna be tails.

PIKMIN - Olimar is all we need for now, I think

Kid Icarus - I don't see a second Kid Icarus rep, even if sakurai loves the series. Classic characters only deserve one rep IMO

PKMN - Ok ,while I think Zoarak has high chances, I don't think Lucario will be cut. I also think Sakurai will try to include Mewtwo. This is one of my rosters weakpoints IMO, I don't think all three will get in, but I'm a fanboy and I have no idea which to cut.

MII - I think this is going to be both a shamless Nintendo plug as well as an interesting brawler - maybe somewhat customizable - who knows

Shulk - I dislike the idea of a lot of new sword weilders - saki/takamaru/Shulk/whatever, I don't think sakurai is going to add more than one of them. Shulk is my personal fav, but I do acknowledge it could be any of them.

RETRO - I doubt ROB, G&W, ICE CLIMBERS, PIT will be cut. If he adds one new retro, I personally hope it's sukapon, sukapon is awesome. but I doube sukapon has chances, so my money's on mach rider. Imagine a brawler always on his bike. yeah. awesome.

Golden Sun - I think Isaac deserves an in. As Oasis_S put it 'basically a ground type pokemon'

RAY 01 - Yeah, probably my most controversial addition. Sure, he may not have had a game at all recently, sure his popularity may be down a bit. But I think that sakurai will prioritize adding new franchises to secondary characters to something like, say, kid icarus. Ray 01 is one of the newer nintendo franchises - too late for melee, acknowledged in brawl, large potential for a cool moveset. I stand by him, although I admit he has low chances. If you don't make any odd guesses, your roster is wrong, because sakurai always includes something no one sees coming.

On that last point, I don't think my roster is 100% right. I think one or two of those won't get in, I think there will be someone or two who no one saw coming on the roster, I think someone who I wrote off on this very post may get in (no one specific, just in general) because that is what smash is all about.

Thanks for reading my stupidly large wall of text.

So I'm updating one more time. Last update was pre E3, so this is fitting, another update a year later.

Looking at my old predictions, I had a lot right. Got both Rosalina and Megaman (my old prediction was pre 2013 E3)

Basically, I've updated it, and changed around my predictions, but left some slots open. I think all of the characters I have pictured in the bottom box of 8 (excluding the ducks) have at least some chance of getting in. I don't think they all will. I think a few other characters, like Pac-Man, Mii's, another zelda rep, or a different FE character might make it as well (in place of chrom or ike).

The ducks represent the fact that I'm sure there's a character I haven't predicted at all who will probably be in. Sakurai still has a WTF reveal for us, mark my words.

I know there's still some controversial stuff on there (Ridley is always controversial, RAY01 is a little past his prime, ect) but I'm going to stand by it for now. I might guess once more at a final roster post E3 once the game comes out.

Last edited:

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
thisVVV is the roster i yearn for...

and thisVVV is what it'll look like at the start of the game without the unlocks

so yah it starts with the amount brawl had... then expands to 64 :love:

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
I made my own image, but uploading isn't my thing. This is what the image looks like character wise.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Here is my Wishlist Roster

Super Mario series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad
Bowser Jr

Donkey Kong series
DK
Diddy Kong
King K Rool

Yoshi series
Yoshi

Wario series
Wario
Mona

Legend Of Zelda
Link
Zelda/ Sheik
Gannondorf
Skull Kid
Toon Link
Toon Zelda

Metroid
Samus
Ridley

Kid Icarus
Pit
Palutena

Ice Climbers
Nana + Popo

Gyromite
ROB

Kirby
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Bandana Dee

Pikmin
Olimar + Pikmin

Animal Crossing
Tom Nook

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Samuari Goroh

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Scizor
Lucario
Zoroark
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard)

Fire Emblum
Marth
Ike
Maiciah

Mother
Ness
Lucas

Punch- Out
Little Mac

Mii
Mii

Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch

Joy Mech Fight
Sukapon

3rd Party Characters
Sonic
Snake
Megaman

Random Space

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
here's a just for fun roster i made

this is not who i think is going to be in smash 4 i just made it for the sake of it

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Heres an old roster i made after the Namco reveal. I just remade it recently in picture form. (Rayman is the least likely out of everyone here but i wouldn't be surprised if he appeared.)

Hidden characters:

Ness
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Claus
King K. Rool
Ridley
Ganondorf
Mask/Young Link
Medusa
Waddle Dee
Falco
Wolf
Krom
Marth
Mewtwo
Zoroark
Mr. Game & Watch
All the third parties

Updated my roster.

What if scenario: The possibility of Snake and Sonic not returning.

Removed Dillon and replaced him with the Wonderful 101 superheroes. (If they're third party, then I'll move them to the 3rd party section and bring back Dillon)

Added the main character from the Last Story.

Removed Claus and added Balloon Fighter.

Removed Rayman.

Smash Apprentice
Here's my prediction of the roster for the next Smash Bros. game.

First here's the roster you start out with:

Then here's the roster after you unlock all 14 characters:

Newcomers: Paper Mario, King K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac, Takamaru, Black Shadow, Zoroark, and Isaac.
Returning from Melee: Mewtwo
Omitted from Brawl: Toon Link, Lucario, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Snake, and Sonic.

In the end, you get 42 playable character [don't forget Sheik and Zero Suit Samus]. Keep in mind, I am assuming the amount of playable characters is almost the same as Brawl's.

And here's a list of characters I want but I don't think they have a strong chance of making the cut. Hopefully I'm wrong though. They are ordered from most desirable to least.

Although if Paper Mario doesn't make the cut, then Tingle will take his spot :chuckle:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'll post my predictions. I may be wrong on a lot of them, but that's kind of the fun.

Little Mac
Shulk
Takamaru
Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
Sherrif
Waluigi
Dixie Kong
King K Rool
Toon Zelda/Sheik (Or Tetra)
Ridley
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Krom
Palutena

Roy and Mewtwo will return
Snake and Sonic will be gone
Everyone else comes back

Zuby

Smash Journeyman

Notes:

Zero Suit Samus and Sheik both included
May: Mudkip, Grovyle, Blaziken

Alternate costumes:
Mario: Dr. Mario
Link: Various representing each game
Zelda: see Link
Ridley: Meta Ridley
Ganondorf: see Link
Toon Link: Ezlo, Outset, Engineer

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
My predictions :

Starting Roster said:

17 characters to start with (Brawl had 21).
Captain Falcon and Ness returns as Starting characters like they did in Melee.
Full Roster said:

Total number : 43 (counting Unova Trainer as 3 instead of 1).
Red = Unlockable characters.
Two 3rd party characters in the names of Lloyd Irving (involvment of Namco) and Pulseman (Game Freak's rather obscure protagonist)
People who wants to make their own rosters without troubles : http://www.mediafire.com/?4d5srerrrrja8ly

splat

Smash Lord
12 SEPTEMBER 2012

Final roster said:

Mostly based on predictions, rather than hopes. The only character in there that isn't too likely is Grunt. I do hope he makes it.

• No characters get cut.
  • Bowser Jr. is exchangeable for Toad, but I like Junior more than Toad, so he would be my pick.
  • K. Rool and Ridley have huge fan demand, I think Sakurai can't get around them at this point.
  • Tingle appears to be liked in Japan - as shown by his spin-offs. I place him above other guesses. My second pick for Zelda would be Impa.
  • Mewtwo and Roy return due to fan demand.
  • Grunt is my personal pick. Initially, Balloon Fighter was in his spot - but I decided against it.
  • Takamaru is there due to his appearance in Nintendo Land. I think Nintendo has something in store for Murasame.
  • Little Mac is practically a shoo-in at this point to me.
  • Isaac and Saki have lots of move set potential and seem to be quite liked.
  • I think F-Zero could use a second character, and Samurai is most picked. Black Shadow could work too, I reckon.
  • Mii is going to happen. I'm quite sure of it.
  • Pac-man seems to be most likely due to Sakurai working with Namco Bandai. Mega-man would be the other logical pick, but I had no room for him (nor do I like him all that much, but that's a different story).
  • Palutena's not there because I think a deity would be too powerful (and I don't think KI needs two characters at this stage).
  • Other characters I would've loved to add but had no room for are:
    • Bandana Dee
    • Muddy Mole
    • Kamek
    • Mach Rider
    • Dillon
    • John Raimi
    • Claus / MM
Starting Roster said:

23 characters out of 49 (27 our of 53 including transformations) in the starting roster. Here's what I did:
  • Removed the third party characters: Sonic, Snake and Pac-man.
  • Removed the characters that could be considered 'villainous' in Smash: Bowser, Junior, K. Rool, Wario, Ganondorf, Mewtwo (I know, he's not, but can be considered from Melee's 51st event), Dedede, Wolf (again, I know he's not, but close enough) and Ridley.
  • Removed characters that I feel are typically unlocked: Luigi, Jigglypuff, Falco, Marth, Ness (I'm aware that he was a starter in Melee, but meh) and Mr. Game and Watch.
  • Removed characters until only the biggest five series (Mario, DK, Zelda, Pokémon and Kirby) had two reps: Toon Link, Tingle, Lucario, Roy and Goroh.
  • Removed characters until I had a roster that felt logical as a starting roster: Grunt, Takamaru and Saki.
19 JANUARI 2014

Roster said:

• Roster style based on the Smash Bros. website.
  • Different layout; 4 x 12 instead of 5 x 10.
  • Still no characters from Brawl cut.
  • Villager, Mega Man and WFT added.
  • Bowser Jr. / Toad's slot taken by Rosalina.
  • Dixie gets priority over King K. Rool.
  • Ridley has huge fan demand, I think Sakurai can't get around them at this point. He may end up as a stage hazard as implied, but I still think he'll make it.
  • Chrom (who is lacking a 3D model) I feel is the best representative for a new FE character - and I prefer him over any other sword user.
  • Little Mac is practically a shoo-in at this point to me.
  • Mii is going to happen. I'm quite sure of it.
    • Mewtwo returns due to fan demand.
  • Pac-man seems to be most likely due to Sakurai working with Namco Bandai.
  • I feel Dillon could represent Nintendo's eShop - representing a future as opposed to Nintendo's past.
  • Palutena's not there because I think a deity would be too powerful (and I don't think KI needs two characters at this stage).
  • Isaac and Saki have lots of move set potential and seem to be quite liked - but I couldn't fit them in.
  • Other characters I would've loved to add but had no room for are:
    • Bowser Jr.
    • King K. Rool
    • Tingle
    • Isaac
    • Bandana Dee
    • Muddy Mole
    • Mach Rider
    • John Raimi
    • Claus / MM
    • Isaac
    • Roy

Last edited:

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
My Roster prediction:

Mario:
Paper Mario
Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario

DK:
King K Rool

Yoshi:
Kamek

Zelda:
Ghirahim
Vaati

Kirby:
Bandana Dee

Pokemon:
Mewtwo
Zoroark (Replacement for Lucario)
Meowth

Fire Emblem:
Krom
Lyn

Metroid:
Ridley

Star Fox:
Krystal

Kid Icarus:
Palutena
Magnus

F-Zero:
Samurai Goroh

Mother:
Claus a.k.a.Masked Man

Retro:
Little Mac
Takamaru
Duck Hunt Dog

Miscellaneous:
Saki
Issac
Shulk

3rd Party:
Pac-Man
Ryu
Ryu Hayabusa
Travis Touchdown
Mickey Mouse

JTsm

Smash Master
Starter Selection Screen:

Final Roster:

16/41 of characters are unlockable.

-All 64 Starters
-Melee: Peach, Bowser, Roy, Marth, Mewtwo, Falco, GW, Zelda/Sheik, and Ganondorf.
-Brawl: Diddy Kong, Wario, Pit, Olimar, DDD, Ike, Wolf, Snake, and Sonic.
-SSB4: Mega man, Lyn, Claus, Meloetta, Dark Samus, Impa, and Mii.

Thinking about it now, I really don't like Mii, but it could definitely be a possibility.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I admit this is very unlikely, but here's my prediction/dream roster, as you like.

A total of 50 slots (no random slot which is ugly as ****, it's like in Melee that if you want random you select OUTSIDE of the roster). Total 54 characters, I guess. 17 newcomers, 1 returning (Mewtwo).

22 characters are unlockables: 2 for column except the last two columns which have 3 unlockables.

Explanations.

First column, Mario franchise. One addition is more than enough. I chose Paper Mario over Bowser Jr. for two reasons: I like him a lot more and he represents a completely different series. A spin-off, yes, but a beloved one. Bowser Jr. is good but still a secondary character if you ask me. Paper Mario can offer an amazing moveset based on his franchise. Him and Luigi are unlockables. Dr. Mario is an alternate costume for Mario.

Second column, DK, Wario and Yoshi franchises. Just K. Rool, pretty obvious. Him and Diddy are unlockables this time around.

Third column, Zelda franchise. An hard one. Sakurai will probably go after Skyward Sword,and the two new characters which have more chances are Impa and Lord Ghirahim. Smash needs female freshness so that's why I chose Impa, and Ghirahim could offer a good moveset, not so bland and banal as you can think. I'm thinking about his hand blocking for example. And he's ****ing awesome, admit it. Ganondorf gets pushed down: he's still the big boss, but not this time. He has a different moveset, I was thinking to put him in is Wind Waler form actually. Toon Link and Young Link are still in, as an alternate costume for Link. The villains are unlockables.

Fourth column, Kirby and Metroid franchises. Pretty obvious choice here, just Ridley. He's not unlockable though, Meta and Dedede are. This because I want to play as Ridley IN THE EXACT MOMENT I PUT THE GAME IN THE CONSOLE.

Fifth column, StarFox and F-Zero franchises. Hoping for a new F-Zero on Wii U, I re-inforced the franchise reps in Smash with the only one that seems plausible to me. The bad boys are unlockable, finally Falco is not.

Sixth column, Pokémon franchise. Not very convinced by this one, which sees just the return of Mewtwo. This is how I would like things to end, but both Lucario and Mewtwo are probably unlikely. I just hope Zoroark or Plusle & Minun won't make it in. Jiggly and Mew2 unlockables kinda obviously. Pichu is an alternate costume for Pikachu.

Seventh column, Earthbound and Fire Emblem franchises. I don't really know these two, really. I just think that it's a miracle that Mother has two reps, mostly because of the japanese fanbase, and for this time is hard to do more. Fire Emblem gets it though, because it's a continuing series. I was thinking about Krom which is higly requested, but three "heroes" were too many, so I chose a villain. Black Knight can add with his fellas Ridley and Ghirahim that dose of awesomeness this game doesn't actually need, but why not. He's another sword character but really different, I imagine him like Nightmare from Soul Calibur. Him and Ness are the unlockables. Roy possibly as an alternate costume.

Eight column, Kid Icarus, Punch Out! and Mach Rider franchises. Let's go deep in retro **** man. Little Mac he's actually kinda unsurprising, but Mach Rider, along with Takamaru and Duck Hunt Dog, should do the "retromania" trick. He would have a completely original moveset like Captain Falcon, similar in some way. Now, for Kid Icarus. I know that Uprising is not going to have a sequel any sooner, but it's still Sakurai's last spawn. I think he will want to represent it. Also, we get two new female characters and awesome ones too. Palutena would be a Zelda-like character, in every sense, but Medusa is the real deal. I don't see her often in these prediction/dream rosters, but I love her. I really hope she's in, she would be the only female villain of the game. The two retros are unlockables.

Ninth column, random ****. Other two retro dudes, one kinda predictable (Takamaru) and the other one which would be the PERFECT WTF character of this installment. I read on this very board about him: he CAN work. The Mii choice. Well hate me, but I like Miis. I mean, I like the idea of being able to play with 'em. They're not requested at all, but they're highly likely to be included. And yes as you can notice, in the last row I placed villains. Miis are villains, the most cruel villains of all. Anyway Duck Hunt Dog, Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. are the unlockables.

Finally, last column, third parties. Sonic and Snake return. PAC-MAN: kinda obvious choice to me, the perfect Namco/Bandai rep. RAYMAN: I actually think he has even more chance than Pac-Man. Don't really know why, I have this feeling. His Origins/Legends look would be outstanding in this game. MEGAMAN: long shot here. He's highly requested but who knows, feel free to replace him with the random slot. These last three are unlockables, but maybe even Sonic and Snake who knows.

What do you think? I would be totally blown away by this roster, and actually I see a lot of the newcomers kinda likely.

I just realized there is no Ice Climbers...

10/28/2012 Update

Do you think this is likeable?

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
This is what I think it WILL be like:

Toad could be replaced by Bowser Jr. (most likely), Paper Mario or Geno (probably not, but you never know).

King K. Rool could be replaced by Dixie Kong. I think her best shot was to be paired with Diddy Kong, but I don't think they'd change him up now. K. Rool is more popular than her so I think she missed her chance. Sakurai does have a tendency to go back to things that he's want to do so it is possible.

Toon Zelda/Tetra could be replaced by Ghirahim (most likely), Skull Kid, Impa (probably not unless they give her Sheik's spot/moveset), or any other random Zelda character, really. Toon Link has a shot at leaving too, but I doubt it.

I think they'll add Krystal without regard to the number of Star Fox characters there already are simply because she was a popular request pre-Brawl, and it was kind of a toss-up as to whether we'd get Wolf or Krystal. I think we'll get both this time.

Krom is new and exciting but I think Roy is more unique and interesting and missed enough to come back over him getting in. I doubt that they'd cut Ike at this point, either.

I could see them adding Balloon Fighter, Shulk or possibly Tom Nook or Starfy instead of some of the new franchise characters, but I think that the ones I picked are most likely.

As far as third parties goes, Sakurai seems to like Sonic and Snake, and Namco-Bandai is helping make the game. It's not the first time that Pac-man has been in a cross-over with Nintendo characters either, so I think he fits better than Megaman. Megaman would be next for a third party character, though.

This is what I think it SHOULD be:

Just throw in the rest of the Mario main roster.. We already have Toad as part of Peach's moveset so we don't really need him. Waluigi and Daisy are more frequent Mario characters than Bowser Jr., and could possibly draw in a larger crowd to Smash Bros. because everyone is so familiar with the Mario series.

The Donkey Kong series isn't that far off from the Mario series, so I honestly don't think it needs more than Diddy Kong. Maybe I just didn't play the games, so I don't understand, but I don't think we need K. Rool or Dixie. Neither were in Donkey Kong Country Returns, either.

The Zelda series is a tough one here.. I honestly think since there are so many options, and conflicting art styles, that they should just go with the most recent, and use that character roster. So bye Toon Link.. and Ganondorf. Impa can inherit most of Sheik's moveset and Demise can get an amount of Ganondorf's. Ghirahim would get a new moveset. If adding Demise is pushing it too much, just add Ganondorf with a Demise-ish redesign, whatever.

As much as I really like Mewtwo, I think we should move on to newer things. I would add a new trainer, a specific, enemy trainer from the games, N, and a rival to Lucario with Zoroark. N should be able to play with either Zekrom or Reshiram but not both. They could be semi-clones of each other.

For Fire Emblem, I'm probably incredibly biased, but since it's been so long-running, I think it should get 4 characters. I still wouldn't add Krom, mostly because he looks similar to both Marth and Ike, who shouldn't get caught. Roy should come back. I would also add Lyn because I think she's relatively popular and being female makes her instantly more interesting than other Fire Emblem characters. If not her then I would add Micaiah, who uses magic, or Ephraim (or Sigurd) who uses lances.

I think guest characters should only be guests for one game and be repalced by new guest characters for this game. Prof. Layton games are pretty significant to Nintendo, moreso than Metal Gear for sure, and I think he would be an excellent choice for a third party rep. I think Pac-Man will get in anyway.

I don't think Shulk will get in, or should get in, because, even though Xenoblade Chronicles was well-received and relatively significant/successful, there's still only been one game for the franchise. I could see him getting in anyway, though. I think Saki, Isaac, Mach Rider and Little Mac are more likely than him.

I also wanted to add Masked Man instead of Ness because I think that the dynamic between Lucas and Claus is incredibly interesting and could be done very well in Adventure mode, but I don't really want Ness to leave. He's earned his spot. I wanted to put Medusa in also, but didn't know who she would get in over. The same goes for Adam Malkovich for Metroid. This is random but I think Marx from Kirby would be an awesome character but he's probably much better suited as a boss.

evilsmashbrosfan

Smash Cadet
[collapse=old]Warning;you`re not going to like this roster.It may send you into the depth of depression,gives you convulsion or at the minimum send you into a blind rage that can only be calmed down by playing a few games of Brawl again.You have been warned...

Returning characters from the n64 days;
-Mario
-Luigi
-Kirby
-Pikachu
-Donkey Kong
-Link
-Samus
-Fox
Returning characters from the gamecube days;
-Marth
-Mr.Game and Watch
-Returning characters from Brawl;
-Pit
-Metaknight
-Wario
Intended characters from Brawl that are now playable;
-Toon Zelda
-Pra Mai,the Pokemon duo from the forbideen seven
spiritual successors to some of previous games` characters;
-Legendary trainer;Mewtwo,a Lucario successor and a brand new Pokemon
-Guiharim;a Ganondorf remplacement
-Princess Rosalina;a Peach remplacement
Brand new characters;
-Mach Rider;a re-invention like Pit,can now fight independently from his bike with a variety of stylish guns
-Palutena;a staff and magic user
-Little Mac;has a star mechanic where every sucssesful counter gives him a star which boost his specials and allow him to use his final smash
-Ridley;a Bowser,Charizard hybrid and the larger Smash Bros character ever
-Shulk;a heavy sword user,can charge his sword with a variety of attributes
-The Wonderful 101;a multi-character who works as a group to fight.
-Yoshimitsu;a semi-melee,semi-sword user who`s intended for expert players
-Bayonetta;a fluid,combo-heavy character.She fights with a mix of melee,guns and hair
attacks.
-Virtual Boy;a joke character ala R.O.B
-Non-Specific Action Figure;borrow moves and attacks from the entire cast of character,offered as a pre-order bonus or as a dlc character
-Custom Character Creator;you can create your own character by using fighting styles and specials moves from every characters in the game.Unlockable pieces allows you to create several Namco characters that haven`t made it in the roster.

Diddy Kong,Magnus,Sakura Samurai,Ketzal Corridor,Pushmo,Dillon and King K.Rool will be joining the cast of assist trophies,the later having a similar situation to Waluigi.[/collapse]

I decided to revisit the roster i made before in order to change a few things.Now i also added a section below to explain my choices and how realistic it is.I made a bunch of rules for each characters in there;
1.Since Sakurai wants to focus on making each characters feel distinctive,i made sure to include characters that are as unique as possible.
2.Relevancy,popularity,gameplay potential and requests are all importants for each characters i include,so i`l explain the additions and why some characters were cuts.
3.Since Sakurai wants to focus on new ideas over expanding the volume of the game,the size of the roster reflect that,but i made sure to keep at least the importants characters so i didn`t cut characters like in my previous roster.
4.If Brawl represented the late-Gamecube,early-Wii,late Gameboy Advance,early DS era then the next game will represent the late-Wii,early-Wii U,late DS and early 3ds era.The only exception being the retro ressurection,which has to be a character who sat out of existence at least for a while.The characters are based on their most recents appearance as a result.
5.This is still a fan roster.However,i let some slots open so the idea here is to give a general idea of how the final roster could be instead of being purely choices.This is due to how the game could be 2-3 years away and things could change.

Returning characters from the n64 days;
-Mario;
-Luigi;
-Kirby;
-Pikachu;
-Link;
-Donkey Kong
-Samus
-Fox
-Captain Falcon
-Jigglypuff
Returning characters from Melee;
-Bowser
-Peach
-Marth
-Mr.Game and Watch
-Mewtwo
-Roy
Returning characters from Brawl;
-Wario
-Pit;with a selection of weapons from all classes;blades,claws,clubs,palms,orbitars,staffs,bows,cannons and arms
-Metaknight
-Zero Suit Samus
Remplacements;
-Diddy and Dixie Kong;replace Ice Climbers and Diddy by fusing both together.
-Toon Zelda and Tetra;replace Zelda and Sheik
-Legendary trainer;a trio consisting of Lucario and 2 newcommers,replace Pokemon trainer
-Guiharim;replace Ganondorf
Newcommers;
-Mach Rider;a re-invention ala Pit
-The Wonderful 101
-Ridley
-Toad
-Little Mac
-Non-Specific-Action-Figure
-KOSMOS
-Bayonetta

UPDATE;i made some extra changes in the roster which i`ll explain;
-Since i heard that people wanted Roy back,i decided to bring him back but by ditching Ike.
-Since they aren`t a lot of characters from Brawl that were very important to anyone,i kept it down to the first characters that were added with the announcement trailer.Also,since ZSS is part of Samus and require a final smash or a secret trick to play as her,i took influence from project m and splited the 2 into distinct characters so toon Zelda is the only one who change actively between 2 separate characters.The
-I decided to ditch Palutena since Kid Icarus isn`t intended for continuation so having multiple characters from it may be a bit worthless.So i added back The Wonderful 101 instead since it`s part of the beginning of the Wii U and could be a very unique character in a game like this.As for Pit,i gave him his entire arsenal from Uprising instead.

D

Deleted member

I've never uploaded an image on a regular forum before, so I hope this works... Why can't you be more like 4chan, Smashboards? Anyways I suppose my commentary on this belongs in the discussion thread. So if you wanna argue about my Point of view, I recommend you read that over there, it's 6 pages long, but I cover everything from why some make the cut, to why certain 3rd parties are in, plus my preferred characters.

Yes, I am aware that 51 is too many and not all will make the cut, but I mention that in the commentary as well. This is more of a rough guess, so out of those 7 new 3rd parties, 3 will make it tops, out of the 12 newcomers, I'd say 6-9 will make the cut.

By the way, yellow boxes are the my MOST WANTED.

EDIT: Commetary over hither>>
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14985147&postcount=1983
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14985170&postcount=1984

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom