• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think topics should be more about what characters will get in and not as much what characters most people want to get in. But everyone seems to think that because somebody discusses or defends a character that they obviously must like them.
What if the characters that I support, the ones that I like, are the ones that I think will get in? :awesome:

branden4030

Smash Cadet
In case you dont already know this is the leaked roster...

Pit
Bowser
Pikachu
Fox
Kirby
Samus
Link
Donkey Kong
Mario
Pikmin & Olimar
Luigi
Peach
Toon Link
Sonic
Marth
Zelda/Shiek
King Dedede
Wii Fit Trainer
Mega Man
Villager
Rosalina & Luma
Diddy/Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Ganondorf
Chrom
Ike
Captain Falcon
Wario
Yoshi
Ridley
Falco
Wolf
Palutena
Little Mac
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Meta Knight
Ness
Lucas
Mr. Game & Watch
Rob
Ice Climbers
Snake
Pac Man
Tingle

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
We'll always disagree on this, eh? :joyful:

I don't see Samurai Goroh getting in over Shulk OR Issac.

Thanks for the feedback.
Don't say that too loud, you-know-who will have a **** fit. And do you have a unique moveset for Bandana Dee? Because I don't find just increased-normal range attacks to be very unique, seeing as basically every character that wields a weapon has said ability. Anyways, you make good rosters. :p

andimidna

Smash Master
I'd like Impa, but only if she doesn't replace Sheik and has a different moveset than Sheik.

I imagine that she could be a composite character who takes from the designs of shadow sage Impa from OOT and the Impa from SS, and made to fit the Twilight Princess style, in order to fit in with Link and Zelda.

---

You sure you don't want to play as the REAL Twilight Princess Impa?:awesome:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Since we're all on the topic of Zelda, how about we rank the chances of the possible Zelda newcomers?

Impa, Tetra/Toon Zelda, Tingle, Vaati, Ghirahim.

I'd rank them as below.
1. Tetra/Toon Zelda
2. Tingle
3. Impa
4. Ghirahim
5. Vaati

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Pit
Bowser
Pikachu
Fox
Kirby
Samus
Link
Donkey Kong
Mario
Pikmin & Olimar
Luigi
Peach
Toon Link
Sonic
Marth
Zelda/Shiek
King Dedede
Wii Fit Trainer
Mega Man
Villager
Rosalina & Luma
Diddy/Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Ganondorf
Chrom
Ike
Captain Falcon
Wario
Yoshi
Ridley
Falco
Wolf
Palutena
Little Mac
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Meta Knight
Ness
Lucas
Mr. Game & Watch
Rob
Ice Climbers
Snake
Pac Man
Tingle
It doesn't have the Mii.. Mii o' My/10.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey guys,there's always a slightly different voice for the annncer,what do you guys think he will sound like in the next game?

And just to be clear,I'm gonna first see Morgan Freeman as a reply.

Morbi

Scavenger

Pit
Bowser
Pikachu
Fox
Kirby
Samus
Link
Donkey Kong
Mario
Pikmin & Olimar
Luigi
Peach
Toon Link
Sonic
Marth
Zelda/Shiek
King Dedede
Wii Fit Trainer
Mega Man
Villager
Rosalina & Luma
Diddy/Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Ganondorf
Chrom
Ike
Captain Falcon
Wario
Yoshi
Ridley
Falco
Wolf
Palutena
Little Mac
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Meta Knight
Ness
Lucas
Mr. Game & Watch
Rob
Ice Climbers
Snake
Pac Man
Tingle
I could live with this roster. I don't necessarily believe leaks, but it is hard to deny such a safe leak. I mean, most of that is going to happen on the main roster, regardless.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Since we're all on the topic of Zelda, how about we rank the chances of the possible Zelda newcomers?

I'd rank them as below.
1. Tetra/Toon Zelda
2. Tingle
3. Impa
4. Ghirahim
5. Vaati
1.) Tetra (Just Tetra)
2.) Tingle
3.) Ghirahim
4.) Impa
5.) Vaati

Which is sad because I actually like all these characters and each bring something unique to the table.

andimidna

Smash Master

Pit
Bowser
Pikachu
Fox
Kirby
Samus
Link
Donkey Kong
Mario
Pikmin & Olimar
Luigi
Peach
Toon Link
Sonic
Marth
Zelda/Shiek
King Dedede
Wii Fit Trainer
Mega Man
Villager
Rosalina & Luma
Diddy/Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Ganondorf
Chrom
Ike
Captain Falcon
Wario
Yoshi
Ridley
Falco
Wolf
Palutena
Little Mac
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Meta Knight
Ness
Lucas
Mr. Game & Watch
Rob
Ice Climbers
Snake
Pac Man
Tingle

No surprises. Basically every character so far has been at least slightly surprising. And then Tingle. Ew. This roster is too small. This is no 'leak'.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Don't say that too loud, you-know-who will have a **** fit. And do you have a unique moveset for Bandana Dee? Because I don't find just increased-normal range attacks to be very unique, seeing as basically every character that wields a weapon has said ability. Anyways, you make good rosters. :p
I'm actually remaking my current BWD moveset right now. Got kind bored this morning. My movesets for him are only mid-range attacks. Long-Range is overdone.

And thanks for the compliment. I try and really think about who I choose for a roster.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I'd rank them as below.
1. Tetra/Toon Zelda
2. Tingle
3. Impa
4. Ghirahim
5. Vaati
Yeah that's pretty much how I'd rank them too. Although I would personally put Tingle in his own series though. :T

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

I'd rank them as below.
1. Tetra/Toon Zelda
2. Tingle
3. Impa
4. Ghirahim
5. Vaati
Did we just put a Sheik clone and a one time recency character over the most unique Zelda character and most important one after the main 4?

Morbi

Scavenger

I'd rank them as below.
1. Tetra/Toon Zelda
2. Tingle
3. Impa
4. Ghirahim
5. Vaati
1. Tingle
2. Toon Zelda
3. Vaati
4. Impa
5. Ghirahim

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

This is my ideal roster
I never actually commented on this roster, so I will now.

- Dark Samus would be a bad choice. We'd essentially have three Samus's on the roster, and if we get a new Metroid at all, it would be Ridley.

- If Robin gets in as the "Tactician", I doubt he wouldn't be the hooded version.

- Dixie is honestly more likely than K. Rool. I like that you included her without gluing her to Diddy.

- I doubt we'll get four third-parties, and I am even more doubtful Pacman would replace Snake/Snake would be cut.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

I'd rank them as below.
1. Tetra/Toon Zelda
2. Tingle
3. Impa
4. Ghirahim
5. Vaati
1. Kidd Zeal Tetra Solo
2. Impa
3. Vaati
4. Ghirahim
5. Tingle

andimidna

Smash Master
1.) Tetra (Just Tetra)
2.) Tingle
3.) Ghirahim
4.) Impa
5.) Vaati

Which is sad because I actually like all these characters and each bring something unique to the table.
I think if they add Toon Zelda/Tetra, Toon Zelda would be a clone of Zelda. And Tetra would be a clone of Sheik. Toon Link ended up a semi clone twice now. And the names in Brawl's files were Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I'd rank them as below.
1. Tetra/Toon Zelda
2. Tingle
3. Impa
4. Ghirahim
5. Vaati
1.Tingle
2.Red Tingle
3.Blue Tingle
4.Yellow Tingle
5.Purple Tingle

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Here are some things about the Phantom that could pertain to being part Zelda's moveset:

First off, the detailed design.
I know Toon Link was more detailed in Brawl compared to his games, but the detail was toned down for SSB4.

Here it's like they tried to make the Phantom more detailed in order to fit the Twlight Princess style and match up with TP Zelda more...

Second, the note the color of the Phantom. The only Phantom in the series with that desaturated pink/brown coloration is the Phantom that Zelda controls in Spirit Tracks, and it has the same shield design.

There's a pink Phantom in PT, but it's a more saturated pink, and it has a different shield design.

What does this mean? Well, if the Phantom is an Assist Trophy, then it could be Toon Zelda in the Phantom armor, but that's be a bit unusual.

If it's meant to be a generic Phantom, then wouldn't it make more sense for it to have a different coloration and shield design?

Oh please, it's not THAT long.

----
Agreed, on top of that, it looks more detailed then the typical AT. Compare the level of detail the Phantom has compared to Skull Kid, it seems you can make out individual fingers on its hand along with some other defining features that are not given to ATs.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I seriously see Ghirahim and Midna being added over the recurring characters. They all have they're own **** holding them back. Which makes a better argument over "one-time character".

branden4030

Smash Cadet
Actualy i dont know about tingle... the leak states a link character but they have kept him a secret. Giraham and tingle where said to be the most likey

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The Forbidden Seven, Sakurai implied that his intention was to add Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik over every other applicable Zelda character. This creates a precedent. Thus, I think that the character he was going to add in Brawl is more likely than Vaati.
Sorry, I was referring to Impa.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Hey, look! Roster! Roast it and move on from useless Phantom Dicussion!
Replace Robin with Roy or Lyn and Tetra for Vaati and you got a decent roster

Robin has to be this Smash's Ridley in term of wants. I really don't understand the reason for Robin suddenly being on everyone's roster.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I think if they add Toon Zelda/Tetra, Toon Zelda would be a clone of Zelda. And Tetra would be a clone of Sheik. Toon Link ended up a semi clone twice now. And the names in Brawl's files were Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik.
I highly doubt that, seeing as Sakurai has reasons for making both Links alike, but none for Zelda. And even if they did glue Toon Zelda to Tetra, I highly doubt they'd be like Zelda and Sheik. First, Tetra's a Pirate, not a ninja, to make a Pirate play like a Ninja is dumb (And blasphemy as Pirates and Ninjas are arch-enemies. :p). Second, unlike actual Zelda, Toon Zelda has a stapled profession in the use of bows and arrows. Her main weapon can be her Bow, the different types of musical magic from Spirit Tracks, and more. And again, for newcomers, uniqueness is king, and Tetra (Who IS the more dominant Toon Zelda figure as it is Zelda) can be VERY unique:

You say you've watched my videos, so you know how unique Tetra can be made to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom