• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Oh, yeah I just realized. Impa's chances are next to zero considering Sakurai was going to implement a Toon version of Sheik WITH another Zelda before just Impa.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I highly doubt that, seeing as Sakurai has reasons for making both Links alike, but none for Zelda. And even if they did glue Toon Zelda to Tetra, I highly doubt they'd be like Zelda and Sheik. First, Tetra's a Pirate, not a ninja, to make a Pirate play like a Ninja is dumb (And blasphemy as Pirates and Ninjas are arch-enemies. :p). Second, unlike actual Zelda, Toon Zelda has a stapled profession in the use of bows and arrows. Her main weapon can be her Bow, the different types of musical magic from Spirit Tracks, and more. And again, for newcomers, uniqueness is king, and Tetra (Who IS the more dominant Toon Zelda figure as it is Zelda) can be VERY unique:

You say you've watched my videos, so you know how unique Tetra can be made to be.
I have watched your videos before. Then ridiculed you and flamewars went on.

D

Deleted member

Here are some things about the Phantom that could pertain to being part Zelda's moveset:

First off, the detailed design.
I know Toon Link was more detailed in Brawl compared to his games, but the detail was toned down for SSB4.

Here it's like they tried to make the Phantom more detailed in order to fit the Twlight Princess style and match up with TP Zelda more...

Second, the note the color of the Phantom. The only Phantom in the series with that desaturated pink/brown coloration is the Phantom that Zelda controls in Spirit Tracks, and it has the same shield design.

There's a pink Phantom in PT, but it's a more saturated pink, and it has a different shield design.

What does this mean? Well, if the Phantom is an Assist Trophy, then it could be Toon Zelda in the Phantom armor, but that's be a bit unusual.

If it's meant to be a generic Phantom, then wouldn't it make more sense for it to have a different coloration and shield design?

Oh please, it's not THAT long.

----
I agree, it's not a generic Phantom, that's for sure.

It COULD be Toon Zelda in there, as an AT, but why would Sakurai reveal such an important AT in such a manner?

Most evidence point to the Armor being part of Zelda's moveset. Also, agree on the design, in fact, if you notice, the legs have gotten longer and more human-like. Less cartoony to coincide with the more realistic TP Zelda.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Oh, yeah I just realized. Impa's chances are next to zero considering Sakurai was going to implement a Toon version of Sheik WITH another Zelda before just Impa.
To be fair, the only reason people think she has a chance is Skyward Sword. But OoT is much more prevalent in the 3DS version as it is.

I mean if she didn't play a big role in Skyward Sword, then I don't think many people would be freaking out about her.

Morbi

Scavenger
It's been 6 years since Brawl.
Things will change in Sakurai's opinion.

Or, possible uniqueness. It's up to Sakurai!
Precisely, hence the reason I think Tingle is the most likely newcomer, I can't blatantly deny precedent where it is present though. That would be fallacious.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I think Takamaru doesn't get enough credit as a newcomer. Sakurai said that he wants to add older characters, and before Melee came out he outright said that he would add Takamaru in Smash Bros. if he were to get a new game. Now while he didn't get a new game his game was rereleased on the GBA and the game Sakura Samurai can be seen as a spiritual successor. On top of this he made several appearances afterwards including a special mode in Samurai Warriors 3 where you play as him in a remake of sorts of his first game. He played a major role in Captain Rainbow and had his own Nintendo Land game, which I think is a big deal. While he never really had a new game I think Sakurai will make an exception due to how many major appearances he has had since then.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I seriously see Ghirahim and Midna being added over the recurring characters. They all have they're own **** holding them back. Which makes a better argument over "one-time character".
Until Sakurai says, "I didn't even consider Demise/Ghirahim/Midna/Zant/Yuga because they only appeared in one game" I will not accept the one-off argument.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Replace Robin with Roy or Lyn and Tetra for Vaati and you got a decent roster

Robin has to be this Smash's Ridley in term of wants. I really don't understand the reason for Robin suddenly being on everyone's roster.
well he'd be really unique and I had an Idea, what if he could switch between a sword and magic ala zelda/sheik being more powerful with the sword but having more range and a better recovery with he magic

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I think Takamaru doesn't get enough credit as a newcomer. Sakurai said that he wants to add older characters, and before Melee came out he outright said that he would add Takamaru in Smash Bros. if he were to get a new game. Now while he didn't get a new game his game was rereleased on the GBA and the game Sakura Samurai can be seen as a spiritual successor. On top of this he made several appearances afterwards including a special mode in Samurai Warriors 3 where you play as him in a remake of sorts of his first game. He played a major role in Captain Rainbow and had his own Nintendo Land game, which I think is a big deal. While he never really had a new game I think Sakurai will make an exception due to how many major appearances he has had since then.
....Why didn't they use Takamaru for Sakura Samurai? (Would've made some sense.)

D

Deleted member

>THIS IS A FACT, AND I AM RIGHT, I GOT THIS INFO FROM SAKURAI HIMSELF!!

goddammit Noah...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
New Topic : Creative Characters. Basically Wario,you got somebody who you think will use brute force,but you then get farts. ****ing farts.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hasn't Zelda's pose in that Phantom pic already been proven to be Zelda's pose from Brawl when she activates an Assist Trophy? Or at least shown to be similar enough to be the most likely case?

The comparison was made in at least one of the threads in the Zelda sub-forum I believe, I might check there soon.

D

Deleted member

Ridiculed me? For what? There hasn't been any on my videos aside from the idiots who scream "Ridley is Too Big". And you seem too intelligent to be one of said people. :p
Wait a sec....

videos??
Ridley too big??

You wouldn't happen to be Shokio would you?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ridiculed me? For what? There hasn't been any on my videos aside from the idiots who scream "Ridley is Too Big". And you seem too intelligent to be one of said people. :p
The hint is in my name,I always use this na-just forget it,I'm just going to ignore this ever existed

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.gif

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Wait a sec....

videos??
Ridley too big??

You wouldn't happen to be Shokio would you?
If I ever wake up to find myself sharing the same thoughts/beliefs as Shokio, I gladly invite both you and everyone else to pick up the nearest blunt object and beat in my skull with it. :p

The hint is in my name,I always use this na-just forget it,I'm just going to ignore this ever existed

View attachment 7244
I don't pay attention to usernames when on Youtube.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm surprised no one is using the one-time Sheik to benefit arguements against one-times like Ghirahim or Midna. :awesome:
He does get credit, it's just people will simply put him as the retro on the roster and leave it at that. Which for me personally is not the best way to be a good speculator. :estatic:
He could pick DHD instead of Takamaru, there's many possibilities.

Morbi

Scavenger
To be fair, the only reason people think she has a chance is Skyward Sword. But OoT is much more prevalent in the 3DS version as it is.

I mean if she didn't play a big role in Skyward Sword, then I don't think many people would be freaking out about her.
This is the truth, in fact, this is the predominant reason that I support Impa myself. Since she has an important role in Skyward Sword, I now feel as though she is the more ideal choice from a Legend of Zelda perspective. :awesome:

However, as stated above (not in this post), Sheik is the most adequate choice for Smash. There isn't necessarily a reason that she should be replaced. If they separate the two characters, I believe a replacement is in order. If they keep her transformation, which seems apparent, no replacement required in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

Hasn't Zelda's pose in that Phantom pic already been proven to be Zelda's pose from Brawl when she activates an Assist Trophy? Or at least shown to be similar enough to be the most likely case?

The comparison was made in at least one of the threads in the Zelda sub-forum I believe, I might check there soon.
It wasn't proven, there were many distinguishable differences between the two, and also, the Knight is attacking already, so either:

a)there's a huge delay now after summoning ATs and characters hold that pose forever.

b)the Knight attacks incredibly hast, like, way faster than any other AT ever.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

It's confirmed to be similarities yes, but I think there were counterpoints brought up that still made it debatable. It's been a while since I've seen it as well though so I may also be off on that.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Until Sakurai says, "I didn't even consider Demise/Ghirahim/Midna/Zant/Yuga because they only appeared in one game" I will not accept the one-off argument.
Well I've mentioned this before...

But consider the fact that Zant may or may not appear again. Let's say Sakurai knows he isn't. Then why add a character who would fade into Smash obscurity after the title he appears in? Same with Midna, same with Ghirahim. They aren't characters that would last in Smash Bros. as far as longevity in the series.

I mean by common sense, it should be assumed that Sakurai looks at characters to see if they would be good as an addition, because why waste the time on a character that would be replaced in the next game.

THAT is why one off characters hardly have big chances. I love Ghirahim, but I don't see him getting in.

D

Deleted member

If I ever wake up to find myself sharing the same thoughts/beliefs as Shokio, I gladly invite both you and everyone else to pick up the nearest blunt object and beat in my skull with it. :p

I don't pay attention to usernames when on Youtube.
OK, cool, cause I hate that guy.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
No... Who the **** is Shokio?
...Oh my god. :facepalm:

You want to know and them you shake your head endlessly.
He popularized the term "Ridley is too damn big."

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Well impa wasn't as established as she is now and they didn't have a design to use, at least sheik had concept art for TP i guess what I'm trying to say is that they didn't have a good replacement

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Not really. The "Ridley is too big" argument was around before he made his video.

It's more like he made the term: "Ridley is as big as $****".

-----
He certainly popularized it to the point of madness.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
No... Who the **** is Shokio?
A terrible youtube speculator who is partially responsible for the huge "Ridley is too big" thing going on through the minds of the naive and weak on youtube, and just an overall guy you just wanna sock in the face.

OK, cool, cause I hate that guy.
You and me both pal.

CONSPIRACY!

The last time I checked, I've never actually used "Y'know what I'm sayin" in actual conversation before, let alone every thirty seconds. :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Then do it.

Or just take a poll.
I'm not taking a poll here. That would be defeating the purpose. And as I could not possibly get sufficient attention anywhere else, I am at the mercy of other people's polls.

Let's try Shortie's newest one. In this poll, she's in 61st place, behind Skull Kid, Ghirahim, Midna, Tetra, Vaati, Toon Zelda, and Wolf Link, but above Toon Ganondorf and Tingle.

Mewtwo 1417 32
· King K. Rool 1091
· Ridley 1087
· Little Mac (Punch Out) 940
· Roy 910
· Krystal 869
· Palutena 842
· Bowser Junior 831
· Chrom 770
· Isaac (Golden Sun) 741
· Dixie Kong 707
· Waluigi 675