• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think the phantom is a normal attack, but that's just me.
Lol normal move. How? Forward Smash already has been confirmed to be the same as before. Rosalina also uses a Down Smash very similar to Zelda's, I doubt they'd change hers. And I doubt it would be the Up Smash. Forward Tilt also been been confirmed, and aerials are obviously out of the question.

Only thing that remains: Down B. With the 'JoJo pose' and the 'commanding' pose (which you of course will call her 'AT release pose' -which it's not, cause the Phantom will NOT attack so quickly when just being summoned, it'd have to drop out of the air first) I see this as the most likely scenario as of now. It's also not a taunt, neither is it her grab.

Down B is the most likely scenario.

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
I mained Sheik in Melee and Brawl and I'd like for her to return, but if Sheik would get cut in favor of Impa, I would grudgingly accept it and move on. Might even end up maining Impa if she would get Sheik's moveset.(with a new down+b move, of course) But unless that happens, Sheik>Impa

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
If they consider another new Zelda character, it should just be Impa with her own original moveset rather than all out replacing Sheik and taking hers.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I still stand by Vaati being the next best choice for our next Zelda character, I have still yet to see a good argument against him. Now if you can create a good one against him, then go ahead and try.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I still stand by Vaati being the next best choice for our next Zelda character, I have still yet to see a good argument against him. Now if you can create a good one against him, then go ahead and try.
There really isn't any good argument. I would argue that he's not a hugely prominent character, but I admit its weak. I just like Tingle and Tetra more, and I feel as of they have more merits than him.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Lol normal move. How? Forward Smash already has been confirmed to be the same as before. Rosalina also uses a Down Smash very similar to Zelda's, I doubt they'd change hers. And I doubt it would be the Up Smash. Forward Tilt also been been confirmed, and aerials are obviously out of the question.

Only thing that remains: Down B. With the 'JoJo pose' and the 'commanding' pose (which you of course will call her 'AT release pose' -which it's not, cause the Phantom will NOT attack so quickly when just being summoned, it'd have to drop out of the air first) I see this as the most likely scenario as of now. It's also not a taunt, neither is it her grab.

Let's agree to disagree.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
There really isn't any good argument. I would argue that he's not a hugely prominent character, but I admit its weak. I just like Tingle and Tetra more, and I feel as of they have more merits than him.
I can see where you're going with that, and I to an extent agree. I think that Tetra, Tingle, and Impa are Vaati's biggest threats at the moment since Toon Zelda kinda died a little ways back.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
There's only one Wind Mage that I'd want in Smash:

:p
Sadly, though, I've resigned myself to the fact that he won't happen. :urg:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Then why is it that she has the same pose in another picture on the site that has no Phantom is front of her? That's flawed logic.

She does the same pose in both pictures, one lacking the Phantom. It's inconsistent.

That pose does not go with the Phantom.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Lucario and Ike aren't pseudo-clones. Of who is Ike a clone exactly?
Are you skipping over the conversation, or do you not understand? Pseudo = False. Pseudo clone, false clone. The average Joe, at first glace, thinks Ike is a clone of Marth, Wolf a clone of Fox, and Lucas a clone of Ness. They aren't clones, but ignorant people call them clones, hence Pseudo clone. I just mentioned that they do in fact share a few moves, final smashes included, Lucas shares six moves with Ness, Wolf shares five moves with Fox, Ike shares one move with Marth. Most blokes just take one look at them and say "blue haired swordsmen, must be clones." This is why I use the false clone term. Again:

Clone: Shares most of a moveset with another, might have a few different moves. - Young Link, Dr. Mario, Roy
Semi Clone: Shares roughly half a moveset with another, mostly different enough, probably Luigified. - Luigi, Falco, Ganondorf
Pseudo Clone: Only called a clone by association/looks, might share a few moves but otherwise completely different. - Lucas, Wolf, Lucario
Original: Not a clone of anyone else, this character might share a move with several other characters, but that's to be expected. - Bowser, Pit, Miss Fit
Unique: Fairly different from what the other characters do, ranging from very different normals to having another character tacked on. - Olimar, Snake, Rosalina

fitzawesome

Smash Rookie
Not a new character in itself but I'm calling Marth from FE: Awakening as a different costume for OG Marth.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Mewtwo and Samus are not from the same series. Pseudo clone refers to two characters from the same series that look similar enough and share at least one move, not a bunch of moves. They aren't actually clones, I'm just using the term on characters that people always say are clones because they don't actually try them. Lucario, Ike, Wolf, and Lucas aren't clones, but some people call them clones just by taking a glance at them, hence Pseudo (false) clone.
Yet, you list Jigglypuff (whose template is Kirby) in the initial examples as well. Plus you can be a clone (pseudo or not) from a different series, Ganondorf is the best example you can give.

Really, Lucario and Ike being called clones is because of a false belief around the characters, they're about as different from their perceived templates as any other characters that share one or two moves with them. Lucas and Wolf do draw from a previous template so they have characteristics that are more relatable to Ness and Fox respectively. They're mostly different, but the similarities are more present in them then in the other two examples.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Yet, you list Jigglypuff (whose template is Kirby) in the initial examples as well. Plus you can be a clone (pseudo or not) from a different series, Ganondorf is the best example you can give.

Really, Lucario and Ike being called clones is because of a false belief around the characters, they're about as different from their perceived templates as any other characters that share one or two moves with them. Lucas and Wolf do draw from a previous template so they have characteristics that are more relatable to Ness and Fox respectively. They're mostly different, but the similarities are more present in them then in the other two examples.
Again, pseudo = false. They aren't clones, but there's a false pretense that they are, which is why I use the term.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

BEHOLD , I HAVE FOUND THE SMASH FOUR ROSTER.
Hakkun, Chandelure, Combusken, Riki, Welt, and Chernabog.

Wouldn't mind them too much.

----

Are you skipping over the conversation, or do you not understand? Pseudo = False. Pseudo clone, false clone. The average Joe, at first glace, thinks Ike is a clone of Marth, Wolf a clone of Fox, and Lucas a clone of Ness. They aren't clones, but ignorant people call them clones, hence Pseudo clone. I just mentioned that they do in fact share a few moves, final smashes included, Lucas shares six moves with Ness, Wolf shares five moves with Fox, Ike shares one move with Marth. Most blokes just take one look at them and say "blue haired swordsmen, must be clones." This is why I use the false clone term. Again:

Clone: Shares most of a moveset with another, might have a few different moves. - Young Link, Dr. Mario, Roy
Semi Clone: Shares roughly half a moveset with another, mostly different enough, probably Luigified. - Luigi, Falco, Ganondorf
Pseudo Clone: Only called a clone by association/looks, might share a few moves but otherwise completely different. - Lucas, Wolf, Lucario
Original: Not a clone of anyone else, this character might share a move with several other characters, but that's to be expected. - Bowser, Pit, Miss Fit
Unique: Fairly different from what the other characters do, ranging from very different normals to having another character tacked on. - Olimar, Snake, Rosalina
Personally, I don't think Lucario is even a pseudo-clone, but I guess that's debatable. Would you see Ike as a Pseudo-clone as well?

----

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Then why is it that she has the same pose in another picture on the site that has no Phantom is front of her? That's flawed logic.

She does the same pose in both pictures, one lacking the Phantom. It's inconsistent.

It's not the same pose if her elbow is bent on the second one and not the first.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

BEHOLD , I HAVE FOUND THE SMASH FOUR ROSTER.
You know you've spent too much time on Smashboards when you associate the name Chandelure more with Bandana Dee than the 5th Generation ghost/fire Pokemon.

Also dammit now I really want Hubba Tester as an Assist Trophy.

(Akainu? Hope he can punch through your assist trophies making you break down mid battle)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Again, pseudo = false. They aren't clones, but there's a false pretense that they are, which is why I use the term.
I don't believe either character are close enough to being clones to be considered even that much. The similarities of those two characters are much more superficial then their supposed counterparts, at least with Lucas and Wolf there's something more there then "they share one or two moves!"

Last edited:

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422

Furthermore having a random Phantom summon does not fit this iteration of Zelda thematically. We can take Link as an example since he's heavily based off the Twilight Princess interpretation (Cross-stitched hat, legging colors, earrings, bomb and bow designs, clawshot, etc.), just because in different games he can turn into a fairy, summon lightning, or call upon a boxing kangaroo doesn't mean all these moves thematically fit with this interpretation of Link as dumb, cool, or interesting these attack may be.

Also replacing Sheik with a phantom summon isn't going to spontaneously fix all of Zelda's balancing problems.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Furthermore having a random Phantom summon does not fit this iteration of Zelda thematically. We can take Link as an example since he's heavily based off the Twilight Princess interpretation (Cross-stitched hat, legging colors, earrings, bomb and bow designs, clawshot, etc.), just because in different games he can turn into a fairy, summon lightning, or call upon a boxing kangaroo doesn't mean all these moves thematically fit with this interpretation of Link as dumb, cool, or interesting these attack may be.
But all zeldas moves come from OoT not TP and even though TP is closer to OoT than ST it's still a completely different game (Although I do agree it's not a move)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
View attachment 7196
So yeah, new roster, first time in a while. And yes, Chrom's back because I'm starting to warm up to unique possibilities for his moveset, will now design assist trophies. :p
Too bad that one of your newest videos show the Avatar instead of Chromikins. No turning back now. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom