• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
But all zeldas moves come from OoT not TP and even though TP is closer to OoT than ST it's still a completely different game (Although I do agree it's not a move)
Agreed, characters in the Smash universe are not 100% faithful to the game they appeared in in some form or another, but because Melee and Brawl has established its interpretation of Zelda, this change in her moveset (Phantom) doesn't add to her character but instead takes away from it.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Agreed, characters in the Smash universe are not 100% faithful to the game they appeared in in some form or another, but because Melee and Brawl has established its interpretation of Zelda, this change in her moveset (Phantom) doesn't add to her character but instead takes away from it.
Mario was established as far back as 64 and yet changed his B-Down for the recent FLUDD in Brawl, even though many preferred Mario Tornado. Whether or not Phantom is a move, it's still a part of an incarnation of Zelda, and since Smash Zelda is already a compilation of her other appearances it's completely plausible for her to summon Phantom if that's the case.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah I did thanks and whats wrong with impa?
Nothing, the fan-base is perceived to be very arrogant and annoying, thus this attenuates her chances somehow. It honestly comes down to the notion that Sheik is Zelda's specific gimmick, something that entails diversity in her character that was never seen prior to her inclusion. Sheik, being an incarnation of Zelda, helps make Zelda her own character better than a body-guard would. So many believe the most logical assumption would be for Impa to replace Sheik; however, no one believes Sheik will be replaced as she has seniority and popularity. The relevance argument is refuted as OoT 3DS is somewhat recent, thereby making Sheik more important than she used to be.

Impa as her own character? No one really thinks that is likely for some reason (she is destined to be a pseudo-clone). It isn't like Sakurai has ever expressed an implied intent to add an additional Zelda clone in the roster before (sarcasm, of course).

Anyways, you can support Impa if you want, but it comes at your own detriment, you are going to get a lot of flak for it.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
There's one guy who is really passionate about Impa replacing
Sheik, but the majority of us think Sheik is staying, and we use it as a running gag because arguing over it is so tedious.
Oh well I got the idea from youtuber narutendo3, I don't know about this guy but I have my reasons

Nothing, the fan-base is perceived to be very arrogant and annoying, thus this attenuates her chances somehow. It honestly comes down to the notion that Sheik is Zelda's specific gimmick, something that entails diversity in her character that was never seen prior to her inclusion. Sheik, being an incarnation of Zelda, helps make Zelda her own character better than a body-guard would. So many believe the most logical assumption would be for Impa to replace Sheik; however, no one believes Sheik will be replaced as she has seniority and popularity. The relevance argument is refuted as OoT 3DS is somewhat recent, thereby making Sheik more important than she used to be.

Impa as her own character? No one really thinks that is likely for some reason (she is destined to be a pseudo-clone). It isn't like Sakurai has ever expressed an implied intent to add an additional Zelda clone in the roster before (sarcasm, of course).

Anyways, you can support Impa if you want, but it comes at your own detriment, you are going to get a lot of flak for it.
I think her gimmick should be the magic based gameplay up until rosalina we never had a true magic user except zelda and I don't really care if I get flak for it I truly think impa is way more importan and people only really like sheik for her moveset anyway, I just hope sakurai sees that

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I treat my support for Impa like Fight Club:
Rule 1. Do not talk about Impa's chances.
(And I am an Impa supporter, BTW)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh well I got the idea from youtuber narutendo3, I don't know about this guy but I have my reasons

I think her gimmick should be the magic based gameplay up until rosalina we never had a true magic user except zelda and I don't really care if I get flak for it I truly think impa is way more importan and people only really like sheik for her moveset anyway, I just hope sakurai sees that
I know who you're talking about now. His reasoning is pretty good, but I don't anticipate any cuts from Brawl's Roster, so I dunno.

Morbi

Scavenger
I treat my support for Impa like Fight Club:
Rule 1. Do not talk about Impa's chances.
Same, obviously I support Impa; however, I balance this as I am a huge Sheik fan and would prefer Sheik. So I can essentially get away with asserting that I believe Impa to be the more plausible choice that actually promotes a more cohesive roster, but I can turn around and proclaim that I would prefer Sheik and that she works for Smash. So I don't get a lot of **** for it. Even then, I am willing to defend Impa. It is usually the same redundant arguments that oppose her anyways, nobody is offering anything new. When a new member joins the bandwagon of Impa hate, I can't help but smile as I know their perspective better than they do.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Same, obviously I support Impa; however, I balance this as I am a huge Sheik fan and would prefer Sheik. So I can essentially get away with asserting that I believe Impa to be the more plausible choice that actually promotes a more cohesive roster, but I can turn around and proclaim that I would prefer Sheik and that she works for Smash. So I don't get a lot of **** for it. Even then, I am willing to defend Impa. It is usually the same redundant arguments that oppose her anyways, nobody is offering anything new. When a new member joins the bandwagon of Impa hate, I can't help but smile as I know their perspective better than they do.
See, I'm still preparing my arguement for Impa. It's a real hard piece of work seeing as how I need to take account of both sides.
Sheik and Impa can coexist, but I would prefer Sheik stay than Impa cut her. Though I'm starting to like Tetra solo.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
See, I'm still preparing my arguement for Impa. It's a real hard piece of work seeing as how I need to take account of both sides.
Sheik and Impa can coexist, but I would prefer Sheik stay than Impa cut her. Though I'm starting to like Tetra solo.
Tetra solo is my second favorite Zelda newcomer next to Ghirahim.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'd like Impa, but only if she doesn't replace Sheik and has a different moveset than Sheik.

I imagine that she could be a composite character who takes from the designs of shadow sage Impa from OOT and the Impa from SS, and made to fit the Twilight Princess style, in order to fit in with Link and Zelda.

---

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I used to be an Impa supporter myself once, but was always a bigger Vaati supporter, so once the day came when Toon Link was shown, I had to leave Impa for a better cause. That being Vaati, of course.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Furthermore having a random Phantom summon does not fit this iteration of Zelda thematically. We can take Link as an example since he's heavily based off the Twilight Princess interpretation (Cross-stitched hat, legging colors, earrings, bomb and bow designs, clawshot, etc.), just because in different games he can turn into a fairy, summon lightning, or call upon a boxing kangaroo doesn't mean all these moves thematically fit with this interpretation of Link as dumb, cool, or interesting these attack may be.
Link really isn't that good comparision. While visualy he's pretty much TP Link, all his moves/equipment are stuff used by most Links. The only somewhat exception on this is the Gale Boomerang, but even then it's still a variant of the boomerang and wind items are pretty normal in zelda.
Zelda on the other hand is clearly mixed, TP design and light arrows, OoT spells and sheik. But we don't know if he would mix in things from a Toon Zelda and to what degree he would be willing to change Zelda.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I never really even considered Tetra as a solo character, it is certainly something I would be interested in, I just don't see it happening as we were about to get Toon Sheik over her. Ugh, :urg:.
I always assumed that "Toon Sheik" was a code name. Even then, that data is mostly unfinished, so it's not like it got very far.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I never really even considered Tetra as a solo character, it is certainly something I would be interested in, I just don't see it happening as we were about to get Toon Sheik over her. Ugh, :urg:.
My personal reason for liking Tetra is her design and personality. And things can change. They always can.
As I have stated before, I have an uncanny love for Chrono Cross (as I consider it to be the pinnacle of RPG's) and Tetra happens to remind me of a certain yellow-haired quirky Radical Dreamer.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I'm just gonna give my reasoning for impa
1.She is more important to the series as a whole appearing in many of the games like OoT/3D, SS and ALBW
2.She is actually a sheikah and would represent the concept better plus she was the one who gave zelda the ability to become a sheikah and disguise herself
3.Sheik is just a disguise for zelda she uses in one game and doesn't even fight in
4.People only like sheik for her moveset, so why not just take that and give it to a more important character, they did it with toon link and debatebly lucario
5.She adds another female (sheik is debateable)
6. I think Sheik is bringing zelda down more than helping her because they had to be opposites leaving zelda with the obvious worse side being slow and because she all magicy and stuff I guess she had to be floaty letting her getting knocked around like a ragdoll
7.the magic gameplay should be what makes her unique not a transformation that is technically making her worse
8.Not many people actually use both so you might as well split them up and buff them both
I could go on but I think that's enough so those are my reasons agree, disagree I don't really care but I'm gonna stick with Impa until proven wrong, I never said it was likely it's just what I think should happen
Surely you've seen Pizzadudeman's videos on how Ridley could work and how Snake has no reason to be removed?
I have but I don't think that snake fits with SSB4 due to it being brighter and more cheery and stuff and with ridley I just don't see it happening I think if sakurai wanted ridley in he would have done it in melee or brawl

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Link really isn't that good comparision. While visualy he's pretty much TP Link, all his moves/equipment are stuff used by most Links. The only somewhat exception on this is the Gale Boomerang, but even then it's still a variant of the boomerang and wind items are pretty normal in zelda.
Zelda on the other hand is clearly mixed, TP design and light arrows, OoT spells and sheik. But we don't know if he would mix in things from a Toon Zelda and to what degree he would be willing to change Zelda.
Light arrows are pretty common place in console Zelda games. I don't necessarily think that the idea was taken straight from Twilight Princess.

I always assumed that "Toon Sheik" was a code name. Even then, that data is mostly unfinished, so it's not like it got very far.
Interesting theory. I mean, common-sense would entail that Toon Zelda becomes Tetra. I always thought that to be the case until someone alluded to the horrors of Toon Sheik.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Tetra solo is my second favorite Zelda newcomer next to Ghirahim.
really ghirahim, he was in one game and he wasn't even the main villain, that would be like adding zant in brawl. I think thats even less likely than impa replacing sheik or tingle or vaati or any of the other one time zelda villains

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I have but I don't think that snake fits with SSB4 due to it being brighter and more cheery and stuff and with ridley I just don't see it happening I think if sakurai wanted ridley in he would have done it in melee or brawl

Pretty sure this is cheery. :troll:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I imagine that she could be a composite character who takes from the designs of shadow sage Impa from OOT and the Impa from SS, and made to fit the Twilight Princess style, in order to fit in with Link and Zelda.
---
I did a quick Google search for that, and this was the best I could find.
Legend-of-Zelda-Characters.png

It's not bad, but seems strange and unfitting. I dunno.

I'm just gonna give my reasoning for impa
1.She is more important to the series as a whole appearing in many of the games like OoT/3D, SS and ALBW
2.She is actually a sheikah and would represent the concept better plus she was the one who gave zelda the ability to become a sheikah and disguise herself
3.Sheik is just a disguise for zelda she uses in one game and doesn't even fight in
4.People only like sheik for her moveset, so why not just take that and give it to a more important character, they did it with toon link and debatebly lucario
5.She adds another female (sheik is debateable)
6. I think Sheik is bringing zelda down more than helping her because they had to be opposites leaving zelda with the obvious worse side being slow and because she all magicy and stuff I guess she had to be floaty letting her getting knocked around like a ragdoll
7.the magic gameplay should be what makes her unique not a transformation that is technically making her worse
8.Not many people actually use both so you might as well split them up and buff them both

Those are my reasons agree, disagree I don't really care but I'm gonna stick with Impa until proven wrong, I never said it was likely it's just what I think should happen

1. Common and true argument.
2. This is true, Zelda is actually a poser.
3. Zelda never fights either, though
4. This is so true. If Sheik sucked in Melee I doubt people would mind.
5. Girl power!
6. I don't think anyone's ever pointed this out. Yes, without Sheik, Zelda can be much more diverse.
7. This is true as well.
8. Another common, but true, argument.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I did a quick Google search for that, and this was the best I could find.
View attachment 7229

It's not bad, but seems strange and unfitting. I dunno.
Oh god dat artwork, I just hope they use the SS design I think it only matters that the triforce wielders have the same design and even if you need a TP impa then just merge OoT impa, SS impa, TP style sheik and boom

Morbi

Scavenger
Sakurai hasn't planed on cutting anyone yet, (this includes Sheik) meaning Sheik won't be replaced.
Do you have a source? Every time someone brings up Sakurai's intent, I attempt to search for any relevant articles that assert that he isn't planning on cutting anyone, as you may have suspected, I have been quite unsuccessful.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Light arrows are pretty common place in console Zelda games. I don't necessarily think that the idea was taken straight from Twilight Princess.
I still think my overall point in that Zelda is more "mixed" than Link, still stands. And giving her Light arrows was overall obvious seeing that Zelda gives them to you in Ocarina of Time, and uses it in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
How did he get into a crossover fighting game like this which is more bright and cheery.
Snake isn't that dark,. Also I don't think Ganondorf is a bright and cheery character, it doesn't matter. What you said about Ridley could be said about a lot of characters, like Little Mac. Also his new design might be a factor into Ridley getting added. I think his new design would transition into Smash Bros. better than his older one would.

Attachments

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
really ghirahim, he was in one game and he wasn't even the main villain, that would be like adding zant in brawl. I think thats even less likely than impa replacing sheik or tingle or vaati or any of the other one time zelda villains
Why do you act so surprised, he's the centerpiece of my signature.

And he was not the underlying villain, sure, but he stirred up alot of trouble, was the face of the villains, was heavily advertised before the release of the game (Demise and Imprisoned don't have promotional artwork), was way, way more significant and popular than Zant in Twilight Princess, and unlike Zant, who explicitly died, and Skull Kid, who was reformed and lost his iconic traits, and Midna, who's story was cleanly closed up in her one game, Ghirahim's backstory and such is left very ambiguous, meaning he could return if we asked nicely/they find a use for him. If we get a one-time Zelda character, it will be Ghirahim. Or maybe Midna.

Don't use the one-time argument here, I'll just completely ignore it.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
How did he get into a crossover fighting game like this which is more bright and cheery.
Snake isn't that dark,. Also I don't think Ganondorf is a bright and cheery character, it doesn't matter. What you said about Ridley could be said about a lot of characters, like Little Mac. Also his new design might be a factor into Ridley getting added. I think his new design would transition into Smash Bros. better than his older one would.
but little mac only had the 2 old games and he didn't have that boost till the 3rd game same with issac, saki and some others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom