• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
You must not speak of "She Who Must Not Be Named".
they're watching, waiting for their opportunity to flame war
Please, sir, let's not have our opposite sides go into a flame war. Not now. Not ever. We can coexist, hopefully...

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
hey guys, I have decided that I want to stick around here, ^_^
and in doing so for spite of it, I made my first roster:bee:
So you are gonna be a full timer, eh? Welcome to the club! :grin:

cutted wolf: I mainly did this just to tick off a certain specific person:smirk::smash:
what do you guys think, hmm?
..Stepping into deep territory here. Best be careful on who is watching.
Like my signature. It's watching. :drshrug:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
View attachment 5594
explanation:
Rosalina: confirmed ^_^
Dixie: seems popular plus in tropical freeze
Tetra: seems to be one of the likeliest Zelda reps, so I just choose her
Ridley: massive popularity
little mac: seems to be a guarantee, along with having his stage in game too
Palutena: popular and seems a shoein for a second Icarus rep
hades: sounds like a good idea, plus villain
mewtwo: massive outcry for this guy
lyn: seems to be one of the unique sword fighter lords form fire emblem, so she seems likely
shulk: new very popular IP
Isaac: very popular character, so seems like a good idea
mii: customization
cutted wolf: I mainly did this just to tick off a certain specific person:smirk::smash:
I applaud you for Hades. But that's where the my critique ends really, the rest is the same newcomer choices I see everyday. :/

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I applaud you for Hades. But that's where the my critique ends really, the rest is the same newcomer choices I see everyday. :/
I'm making a WTF Roster. No Veterans. Newcomers only. Not even the currently revealed ones. And nothing will make sense.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
View attachment 5594
explanation:
lyn: seems to be one of the unique sword fighter lords form fire emblem, so she seems likely
Only real problem I had is that I'm unsure about Hades, but he's a plausible choice. Wolf cut is also unlikely, but hey, if it's just to tick of @ LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf then that's fine with me :p
(We really need IGN's mischief face on here)

D

Deleted member

Yes? Yes! Anyway, You think his pills should have different properties depending on their colors? Like Red burn, Blue freeze, Yellow shock. Maybe multi-colors can explode? Should he have a Tornado? If so, should it be like Doc's Melee version or Mario's Melee version.
Pills with different properties? No.
Instead, Doc should toss viruses (or vaccines for the anal people who have a problem with him using a 'virus' to infect people despite Mario being able to do so in Mario Kart Arcade and its sequels) that have different properties; Red infects with Fever (slowly builds up damage and occasionally causes the Curry effect), Blue infects with Chill (slows down movement speed and occasionally freezes the opponent), and Yellow infects with "Weird" (haven't thought about what it does yet; in comics, Yellow was able to morph victims, so maybe something with that...).
The pills can cure these ailments, but give more knockback in the process. If a Megavitamin has half of the color of the infection, knockback is increased 1.5x, if a Megavitamin is solid color to the infection, it's 2x the knockback.

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016
the rest is the same newcomer choices I see everyday. :/
Probably because we always get bombarded with hate criticism if we put anything too different.
Or we cause the I*** Effect.

I'm making a WTF Roster. No Veterans. Newcomers only. Not even the currently revealed ones. And nothing will make sense.
I think I'll do that, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Pills with different properties? No.
Instead, Doc should toss viruses (or vaccines for the anal people who have a problem with him using a 'virus' to infect people despite Mario being able to do so in Mario Kart Arcade and its sequels) that have different properties; Red infects with Fever (slowly builds up damage and occasionally causes the Curry effect), Blue infects with Chill (slows down movement speed and occasionally freezes the opponent), and Yellow infects with "Weird" (haven't thought about what it does yet; in comics, Yellow was able to morph victims, so maybe something with that...).
The pills can cure these ailments, but give more knockback in the process. If a Megavitamin has half of the color of the infection, knockback is increased 1.5x, if a Megavitamin is solid color to the infection, it's 2x the knockback.
Sounds rather complicated. Well, from a programming perspective. But a fun idea nonetheless. Sounds good for set ups too. What kind of Final Smash would you want? I can see Doc Mario turning the stage into a game of Doctor Mario. And the others have to dodge larger pills. Or a bunch of viruses are running around hitting everyone while Doc Mario is kept safe somewhere.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Probably because we always get bombarded with hate criticism if we put anything too different.
Or we cause the I*** Effect.
You'll be fine so long as you don't annoyingly spread propaganda about certain characters. Which shouldn't be too hard to avoid. Everyone is allowed like two or three unlikely choices. Besides, it keeps things interesting. So don't get too discouraged. Get to it!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
YESSSSS, but she's third party, and Capcom already has a rep (Mega Man), so it probably won't happen.
But if Mega Man didn't exist, she might be a possibility.
We need to advocate for a second Capcom character someday. Though I want Fire Brand or Sir Arthur myself. I wouldn't mind Strider or Ammy either.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
2013 end.png

Alright, here's my final 2013 roster.
48 characters, all veterans return.
Roy is currently in as a placeholder FE rep, leaning Lyn right now (but that may be bias)
Thoughts? (and yes, BluePikmin I know there aren't any major surprises)

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
View attachment 5596
Roy is currently in as a placeholder FE rep, leaning Lyn right now (but that may be bias)
People are going to complain about Fire Emblem, DK and Shulk (The lack thereof) But personally, I'm down with it.
:chuckle:/10

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
We need to advocate for a second Capcom character someday. Though I want Fire Brand or Sir Arthur myself. I wouldn't mind Strider or Ammy either.
There is clearly only one good option for a second Capcom character.

:troll:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
View attachment 5594
explanation:
The lack of Wolf is quite disturbing to be honest. I would be fine with that roster, but at least add Wolf back in.

When did I ever say Vaati isn't happening and why would he be on my roster in that case?

Dude, calm your panties. I was just pointing out based on what I read from his post.

I remember the days when you had Dark Pit on your roster and everyone went on you for that. Good times.

Only real problem I had is that I'm unsure about Hades, but he's a plausible choice. Wolf cut is also unlikely, but hey, if it's just to tick of @ LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf then that's fine with me :p
(We really need IGN's mischief face on here)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
View attachment 5596
This roster looks real good. Nice and simple. Decent size too. And props for adding Isaac as the misc. character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom