• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
The only problem I see with the Pro Controller is that I think the "c-stick" and the buttons should have switched places. But I'm sure it won't be hard to get used to, and I'm intending on still playing with the Classic Controller anyways.
You can get a GC controller adapter for the wii u, also 3rd party controllers have the buttons and right stick switched, at least the one I have, more like the layout of the 360 controller.

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
Seeing as though Wonderful 101 was mentioned, what do you guys think of Wonder Red getting in?

At this point, I think it's pretty stupid to say that there are a lot of characters that have absolutely no chance. Even though W101 didn't sell well for a multitude of reasons, the game itself is fantastic and if Sakurai likes it and the characters, there's no reason he wouldn't include it. It's not like he's only included incredibly well-selling characters before. I would personally prefer Wonder White or Green, but Red IS the leader, so...

There's also opportunity for some really unique gameplay when you consider the way that Red functions; maybe there could be a way to work in the other Wonderful Ones, and if not just the Unite Morph itself brings something unique to the playstyle. So I'd say Red definitely has a shot.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Fair Warning of X Collection: GCN Controls are a tad ridiculous.

Can't you just change them later on, like on the SNES versions?

Already saw my christmas presents before they were wrapped in, my mom wanted to make sure everything is there. Now they're resting in my closet, so every morning I can look at them.

It's a Wii U, a Pro Controller, Super Mario 3D World, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Sonic Lost World. Will probably get some Pokémon booster packs too, since I was asked what series I'm interested in. It's going to be a good christmas.
Whoa. You hit the jackpot.

And speaking of Wonder Red, I'm unsure if we're getting any characters from his series just yet. Seems like the next Smash game would be a better choice. But if it does happen, I'd be interested. I do like characters that can morph their bodies into different shapes and junk. Or can create weapons. Wonder Red fits that bill just fine. And he's the closest thing Nintendo has to Viewtiful Joe.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
That's actually how much I payed for it.

Any other thoughts on Wonder Red? I just kinda want to keep the discussion going.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I'm home alone all day today, so I went looking for presents. What I've found so far: Wii U, Wonderful 101 and pants. Seems like a good year. Since I'm getting W101, I guess I'll play and give you my thoughts, Mr. Jones. He seems cool to me, but meh.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I just saw that Hyrule Warriors game. Looks fun, but it's probably easy as hell, like most Dynasty Warriors games. Can we get a Goron and a Zora playable? Like Mikou and Darmani(I think that's how their names are spelled). Oh, and some of those games you can play as the bad guys too. So you know we need Ganondorf to be playable.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm so glad I got Path of Radiance for free!

Friend of mine didn't want it.

Just gave it to me outta the blue. :awesome:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon all, hope you're all doing well. And I see we're talking about Christmas, which is actually very nice to see. How about to contribute, I make a Christmas Miracle happen and show a post on Miiverse that's actually intelligent?

It's a shame that I actually had to go and do it myself. Also, drawing with the Gamepad is HARD WORK.

Zaxis

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't mind Wonder Red being in smash. He'll probably be a mix combo fighter like in the game.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Got my wisdom teeth out, I say getting them out was alot of fun. :estatic:
Wonder Red, he's ok, his abilities to have to a giant fist is very interesting. But like with other new Nintendo series, I would rather wait to see what their future is like before adding them to the roster. I want them to add characters from much older Nintendo series so they get their recognition.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wonder Red, he's ok, his abilities to have to a giant fist is very interesting. But like with other new Nintendo series, I would rather wait to see what their future is like before adding them to the roster. I want them to add characters from much older Nintendo series so they get their recognition.

Eh, I don't care if the series is older or newer. Or if the characters come from an already represented series or not. I just want some fun characters to play as. Wonder Red seems like he'd be fun all around. Same for Dillon too, now that I'm thinking about it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So I just saw that Hyrule Warriors game. Looks fun, but it's probably easy as hell, like most Dynasty Warriors games. Can we get a Goron and a Zora playable? Like Mikou and Darmani(I think that's how their names are spelled). Oh, and some of those games you can play as the bad guys too. So you know we need Ganondorf to be playable.
Impa is playable. :cool:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
@BluePikmin

Problem is that at most there will be 2 characters from obscure/retro titles. I find it unlikely that any more than that would find there way into this title.

@Diddy

Yes. She's playable in Hyrule Warriors. But I still fail to see what she would add to Smash Bros. that isn't already there.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
How do the drugs feel? :)

But I agree with this. Older series are better for me. There are a few completely necessary characters that will seriously dissappoint me if not included. They include Ridley, K Rool, Palutena, Little Mac. If any of those dont make it in, my hype will ve killed (maybe not Palutena, but shes important.)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Impa is playable. :cool:
WE GET IT! Can you talk about ANY other character besides Impa for once. We're all sick of it. Nobody thinks any more of Impa now then they did the last 500 posts you made in the last 24 hours.

What are you trying to accomplish? Do you think anything is going to change?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Now I know this is a hard concept for you to grasp, but you can actually ignore him. OH MY GOD, WHAT?

D

Deleted member

Last I checked, Link is the only CONFIRMED playable character. Unless there is info given since the initial trailer?
And no, an image of a character that isn't being controlled by the player doesn't prove anything.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I mostly keep Palutena because Sakurai gave her so much spotlight in Brawl. She got a trophy, a final smash, an appearance in Subspace Emissary. Now she's super important in a successful reboot.

But, again it's likely she isn't getting in. But, likely she may get in.

Now I know this is a hard concept for you to grasp, but you can actually ignore him. OH MY GOD, WHAT?
I'm too soft to put people on ignore. I don't like to to do that. But, there will be a point where I just can't take it anymore. It's getting very tempting.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Uh....So

WE GET IT! Can you talk about ANY other character besides Impa for once. We're all sick of it. Nobody thinks any more of Impa now then they did the last 500 posts you made in the last 24 hours.
Was there something that I missed between you two yesterday?

@BluePikmin

Problem is that at most there will be 2 characters from obscure/retro titles. I find it unlikely that any more than that would find there way into this title.

@Diddy

Yes. She's playable in Hyrule Warriors. But I still fail to see what she would add to Smash Bros. that isn't already there.
Well, I won't mind it if she her own playable character with her own unique moves. But there's no need to get rid of the Zelda and Shiek combo we've got going now either. Aside from that my personal choice for another Zelda character would be Vaati. Even if a fifth(or sixth, if you separate Shiek from Zelda)Zelda character isn't really needed or likely.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
We need a new topics? How about more assist Trophies?

I'd like Isabelle to be the new assist trophy for the Animal Crossing series...although I'd like to just say...if Animal Crossing is to ever be deemed worthy enough in the future for a second character, I'd pick her to represent alot of the newer elements introduced in New Leaf, seeing as the Villager covers things from Animal Forest to City Folk.

D

Deleted member

Do you see Mario in Hyrule Warriors?

(Though I'm pretty sure you're making a joke)

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
What?! I don't take drugs.. D:
I sorta have a dizzy brain though after the surgery.
Maybe I need to take a break from here.

Weirx. I was given heavy pain killers, pretty much in a daze for 2 days, then was okay. I had all mine removed tho, and they were growing in sideways, might have been more serious.

So for a new topic, I was thinking DLC characters. You guys think it will happen?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We need a new topics? How about more assist Trophies?

I'd like Isabelle to be the new assist trophy for the Animal Crossing series...although I'd like to just say...if Animal Crossing is to ever be deemed worthy enough in the future for a second character, I'd pick her to represent alot of the newer elements introduced in New Leaf, seeing as the Villager covers things from Animal Forest to City Folk.

If we can't have Bowser Jr. as a playable character, he should be the Mario assist trophy. He at least deserves that much. Seriously, he'd be a pretty fun character. Or since we have Hammer Bros. Why not Shy Guy or Kamek. Those two can do more than the average minion, so they could work as assists.

Maybe one of the Hunters from Metroid Prime Hunters could be an assist trophy too. Like Trace, he'd use the Imperialist Beam to snipe the crap out of your opponents. And Spire and roll around in his alt form bashing people. Or Spire can shoot lobbing shots out of the Magmaul. Maybe Rundas can shoot Ice Missiles.

Perhaps a Bulbin from Pikmin would be a good assist too.

And for a second Animal crossing character, it should be Tom Nook. He's the most recognizable. Or maybe Resetti, just so people can beat the living tar out of him.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
And for a second Animal crossing character, it should be Tom Nook. He's the most recognizable. Or maybe Resetti, just so people can beat the living tar out of him.
I was thinking Tom Nook too, but then I thought the fact that there's nothing he can do that the Villager isn't doing already. And in terms of most recognizable, that is indeed true, but I think Isabelle's popularity has pretty much skyrocketed ever since her reveal. For example...The Animal Crossing Plaza on the Wii U is holding a vote to see who's neighbor of the year, and you can choose from any of the animals from the Animal Crossing series, over 300 of them. Isabelle is winning by a LANDSLIDE, the second place character, Jingle, only has about a quarter of her votes. Not to mention Tom Nook is also in this contest as well, and he's losing to both his kids, only placing at 49th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom