• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Casting strong barriers, stunning people with Deku Nuts, mix of material arts and magic in the moveset? Possibility of having that hugely awesome longsword? Don't say that's impossible, Ganondorf was originally even planned with that sword he used in a demo of an unreleased game, as well as borrow his looks from it.

There's also various other ninja weapons she could use, as Link doesn't only use his Master Sword either in Hyrule Warriors. Big chance Impa doesn't only use her longsword either.

Thus so far Impa has the possibility of having a strong defensive game through her barrier attack, stun opponents with Deku Nuts, she'd be fast and jump high as shown in Skyward Sword, have long ranged attacks with magic, and the possibility of using various weapons. I do not see how she'd be redundant at all. Even if Sheik where to stay.
Pit casts barriers, Ness and Lucas to a smaller extent. Deku nuts are probabl an item. Ike already has a big ass sword. Zelda already has magic attacks. Peach uses multiple weapons, as does Sheik.

Those ideas don't excite me.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Casting strong barriers, stunning people with Deku Nuts, mix of material arts and magic in the moveset? Possibility of having that hugely awesome longsword? Don't say that's impossible, Ganondorf was originally even planned with that sword he used in a demo of an unreleased game, as well as borrow his looks from it.

There's also various other ninja weapons she could use, as Link doesn't only use his Master Sword either in Hyrule Warriors. Big chance Impa doesn't only use her longsword either.

Thus so far Impa has the possibility of having a strong defensive game through her barrier attack, stun opponents with Deku Nuts, she'd be fast and jump high as shown in Skyward Sword, have long ranged attacks with magic, and the possibility of using various weapons. I do not see how she'd be redundant at all. Even if Sheik where to stay.
That description sounds mostly like Zelda & Sheik combined into one character. It's not that unique.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pit casts barriers, Ness and Lucas to a smaller extent. Deku nuts are probabl an item. Ike already has a big *** sword. Zelda already has magic attacks. Peach uses multiple weapons, as does Sheik.

Those ideas don't excite me.
What barriers does Pit cast? At least in Smash of course. Take note Pit has a ****ton of weapons anyway, but the most iconic will always be his bow. Which he'll use again. Ness and Lucas can use some sort of barriers, but Mewtwo would be a better example. All these 3 characters won't likely stray too much from their excisting playstyles however. Deku Nuts being an item in Brawl is true, but who's to say they'lll return? Ike's sword Ragnel is more of a broadsword anyway, it's a twohanded blade but he wields it with one cause of his strenght. Peach uses multiple equipment for her F Smash yes, but other than that..? What weapons has Sheik ever used? She never fought anyway.

Besides, which character can combine all these abilities?
That description sounds mostly like Zelda & Sheik combined into one character. It's not that unique.
That's what you make from it.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Has this Impa conversation seriously been going on for over 24 hours!? Jeez! Somebody shut this guy up! I can't believe Diddy is still rambling about that pathetic move set he came up with when based off Sakurai's criteria, Impa is clearly clone material just like Toon Link and Ganondorf who had way more source material than "Sheiktoo" did. Diddy even said himself that Sheik learned all her moves from Impa, so clearly everything points to her being a clone. Some people just never learn. :rolleyes:

?????????????

Smash Master
Christmas is celebrated in Japan. It's not a national holiday, but a lot of people do decorate with Christmas stuff (especially decorations in big cities), exchange gifts, and...one of their most well-known traditions is eating at KFC.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, how dare they deny me of wasting hours trying to unlock crap! I don't want to use everything from the start, I want to waste my time with the ****ty Classic Mode!

(I didn't realize playing, enjoying, accomplishing, and being rewarded was a ****ty waste of time.)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
What barriers does Pit cast? At least in Smash of course. Take note Pit has a ****ton of weapons anyway, but the most iconic will always be his bow. Which he'll use again. Ness and Lucas can use some sort of barriers, but Mewtwo would be a better example. All these 3 characters won't likely stray too much from their excisting playstyles however. Deku Nuts being an item in Brawl is true, but who's to say they'lll return? Ike's sword Ragnel is more of a broadsword anyway, it's a twohanded blade but he wields it with one cause of his strenght. Peach uses multiple equipment for her F Smash yes, but other than that..? What weapons has Sheik ever used? She never fought anyway.

Besides, which character can combine all these abilities?

That's what you make from it.
Pit has his new barriers that block both sides.

Peach has veggies. A pan, a golf clib, a racket, her crown.

Sheik has the throwing darts and her chain.

Having a longer sword doesn't make too much of a difference when several characters have one already. If anything, I would say Shulk has the best chance for a new swordsman.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Okay, first there's complaining about iconic and loveable characters because they share moves with others and now fans are complaining that you get rewarded with secrets because it requires you to play, have something productive and rewarding to do, and accomplish things in the game like you're suppose to?

Seriously smash fans...get over it. I am officially pissed off and disappointed beyond belief. :facepalm:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ok. I was gone for a few days. And now Rosalina is playable? Cool, she seems pretty fun from the trailer I saw. Her, Mega Man and the Villager are all characters I can't wait to use. Anything else I miss? What's the current topic?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Guys don't try to literally prove him wrong. He won't accept it.

(Sorry, I don't mean to be so negative today, but I'm really tired of Diddy's Impa **** and complaining about unlocking secrets)

On a more positive note: I'm really ****ing excited for christmas. Hoping to get Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, a new Sega 32X, and Sonic Lost World for 3DS.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The game I'm getting this year is Fire Emblem Path of Radiance. Pretty excited for it.

Otherwise it's two books, Cards Against Humanity, a replica Skyhook from Bioshock, and Man of Steel blu ray.

?????????????

Smash Master
Mario 3D World and Wind Waker HD are at the top of my list, perhaps also Link Between Worlds and Dual Destinies below those. I'd also like to save some money aside for SSB4, and IF I had enough, I'm interested in getting an Xbox 360.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I'm getting Link Between Worlds, a new Playstation 3 controller and a Wii U. I think...

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
To be truthfully honest, I intentionally brought up my christmas list because I knew people would get off topic and share theirs . I'm horrible, I know. But, I wanted to hear what everyone is getting. :awesome:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
To be truthfully honest, I intentionally brought up my christmas list because I knew people would get off topic and share theirs . I'm horrible, I know. But, I wanted to hear what everyone is getting. :awesome:
Persona 4 Golden, Monstercat T-Shirts, a new I-Pod, and some Steam Games. Bingo.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I normally ask for some more jeans to wear. Does that make me an old man in the body of a teenager? But only loose jeans, because whoever said that skinny jeans was cool on a man need to get drop kicked.

But I did ask for Pokemon Y and Star Fox 3D. So maybe I'm not an old man just yet.

I've also been wanting to try out the Gamecube Fire Emblem and maybe finding a copy of the Megaman X Collection.

I'm almost done with Metroid Prime, I just beat Meta Ridley. So I think I'll try to find some extra stuff and then go back to the Impact Crater to finish the job.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Already saw my christmas presents before they were wrapped in, my mom wanted to make sure everything is there. Now they're resting in my closet, so every morning I can look at them.

It's a Wii U, a Pro Controller, Super Mario 3D World, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Sonic Lost World. Will probably get some Pokémon booster packs too, since I was asked what series I'm interested in. It's going to be a good christmas.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I normally ask for some more jeans to wear. Does that make me an old man in the body of a teenager? But only loose jeans, because whoever said that skinny jeans was cool on a man need to get drop kicked.

But I did ask for Pokemon Y and Star Fox 3D. So maybe I'm not an old man just yet.

I've also been wanting to try out the Gamecube Fire Emblem and maybe finding a copy of the Megaman X Collection.

I'm almost done with Metroid Prime, I just beat Meta Ridley. So I think I'll try to find some extra stuff and then go back to the Impact Crater to finish the job.

Fair Warning of X Collection: GCN Controls are a tad ridiculous.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Gamecube Compatibility (Or the lack thereof) is the primary reason I don't have a Wii U.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
My Christmas starts early. Going to pick up the Zelda Wii U bundle within the hour. :)

Then, I'll be getting Lost World and 3D World for it on the proper date.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Seeing as though Wonderful 101 was mentioned, what do you guys think of Wonder Red getting in?

Granted, I understand the game is fairly new and it tanked, but I don't think that will stop Sakurai. We know he went to Platinum games, and I don't really think he was looking for stuff on Bayonetta. Call me crazy, but I definitely feel as if Wonder Red (considering he is first party) would be far more appealing than a character who attacks by taking her clothes off. Like how does that even translate to Smash?

Additionally, while the game itself may be good, Bayonetta 2 being Wii U exclusive is NOT going to get her into Smash. That would be stupid if you ask me.

Anyway, I feel like when looking at a character having a unique moveset, and maybe even personality, Wonder Red fits the bill quite nicely. I got shot down months ago for wanting him, but i'm going to let my support come back!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I actually really like the pro controller.

I especially liked the 360 controller for Mortal Kombat, so I'm confident the Pro controller will be great for Smash.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The only problem I see with the Pro Controller is that I think the "c-stick" and the buttons should have switched places. But I'm sure it won't be hard to get used to, and I'm intending on still playing with the Classic Controller anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom