• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Let's say there are 6 Mario, 6 Pokémon, 5 Zelda, 4 Donkey Kong, and 4 Kirby. What would be your choices for each series, if no one was cut from Brawl.
What you want, not predictions.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Let's say there are 6 Mario, 6 Pokémon, 5 Zelda, 4 Donkey Kong, and 4 Kirby. What would be your choices for each series, if no one was cut from Brawl.
Mario: Bowser Jr.
Pokemon: Zoroark, Genesect
Zelda: Phantom Zelda or Vaati
Donkey Kong: King K. Rool and Dixie Kong
Kirby: Bandana Dee

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Pokemon being promoted are the ones that are looked into.
Lucario is being promoted.
Rub your brain cells together.
I tried rubbing them together, nothing happened, though I might have killed a couple in the process! :)

You just said he was confirmed.
Being incredibly likely and being confirmed are two totally different things.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't really care much about characters from the series we have now. It's like only 5 I'll care about, Ridley, K. Rool, Dixie, Palutena, and Bandanna Dee.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well in my opinion, I think the fact that unique characters are actually expected boosts SOME characters chances. I think those characters would have to have support in their favor already.

A common misconception (at least I believe) is that Sakurai is going to bypass important characters to get something unique. For example, it makes complete sense to add Rosalina in hindsight. She's become more than an expendable character now, and probably posed a better moveset than any of the other potential candidates. It's kind of a mix of important and unique ability.

This is again why I believe Shulk has a great chance now. While he is absolutely another swordsman, he has abilities that no other swordsman has currently in Smash. Sakurai could implement the arts from Xenoblade and or an idea that somebody earlier had, which was a leveling concept where he gets stronger the more he KO's opponents (though that could be OP as ****).

Mewtwo is NOT (I repeat NOT) a Lucario clone, or vice versa, so he would be completely fine. He would hype people up just by being Mewtwo.

Ridley is a vicious space dragon. K.Rool is a krazy krock, Palutena can easily have a unique moveset from Zelda or Rosalina...

Personally, I don't think it takes too much away from the front running characters. I think it just poses the opportunity to see other characters have a spot on the roster even with the competition.

Again, I would not take too many liberties with this. Don't expect some random Fire Emblem character to get in over the usual Chrom, Roy, Tactician, etc...

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

Zelda: Impa.
Pokemon: Mewtwo and Genesect.
Donkey Kong: Dixie and K Rool.
Kirby: Bandana Dee.:happysheep:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Mario: Daisy, because at this point I no longer give a **** :facepalm:
Zelda: Impa
DK: Dixie and Stanley the Bugman
Kirby: Prince Fluff
Pokemon: Does PT count as 3? If so, it already peaked at 6 if nobody's cut. If it counts as 1: Mewtwo and Team Rocket (Meowth)

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina
Bowser Jr

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pkmn trnr
Lucario
Mewtwo
Pangoro/Hawlucha (couldnt decide)

Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Vaati

Dk
Diddy
Dixie
King K Rool

Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede
Bandana Dee

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This is again why I believe Shulk has a great chance now. While he is absolutely another swordsman, he has abilities that no other swordsman has currently in Smash. Sakurai could implement the arts from Xenoblade and or an idea that somebody earlier had, which was a leveling concept where he gets stronger the more he KO's opponents (though that could be OP as ****).
Shulk as the new "Meta Knight" confirmed! :troll:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Super Mario: The current SSB4 roster, and Bowser Jr.

Pokémon: Brawl Roster, Mewtwo, A Hoenn rep (Plusle & Minun or Deoxys)

Zelda: Brawl Roster, Tingle

Donkey Kong: Brawl Roster (but change Diddy to a Diddy & Dixie team, where they run and fight together but can switch as leaders to change up the moves, so a combination of Ice Climbers and Zelda/Sheik), Cranky Kong, King K. Rool

Kirby: Brawl Roster, Bandana Dee (unless Bowser Jr. Doesn't make it, than Adeline.)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Pokemon: Mewtwo
Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong, King K. Rool
Kirby: Bandanna Waddle Dee

I have nothing for The Legend of Zelda.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Junior, Zoroark, Dixie, K Rool, Bandana Dee, Tingle. Then if I really wanted it my way, axe Tlink, add Majora. Take out Lucario, add Notch Ear + Shiny Pichu Bros

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Ah, I remember when I first came to this site and there was almost no Vaati supporter to be found. You guys make me very happy now with the increased amountof Vaati support, and I thank y'all.

Why couldn't Zelda have 6. :c
Mario:Rosalina (duh) and Toad
Pokemon:Mewtwo and Meowth
Zelda:Vaati
DK:Cranky (take that Dixie) and K. Rool
Kirby: Dark Matter, just to mess with Chandelure. :troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Shulk as the new "Meta Knight" confirmed! :troll:
Well to be fair, he's arguably the most broken character in Xenoblade Chronicles. Then again, the varies characters you play as are broken in their own ways, like Riki being a boss murderer and Melia being overkill when it comes to preforming chain attacks.

Except for Sharla, she's kind of lackluster.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Well to be fair, he's arguably the most broken character in Xenoblade Chronicles. Then again, the varies characters you play as are broken in their own ways, like Riki being a boss murderer and Melia being overkill when it comes to preforming chain attacks.

Well, thanks for the tip. I was wondering what Riki and Melia were good for.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Picture this:

Sakurai does his usual daily post the day before Triple Deluxe is released, and he says, "In honor of Kirby Triple Deluxe being released, I will announce a brand new fighter tomorrow with a new fighting style never seen before in all of Super Smash Bros!"
And this picture is with it.
image.jpg

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
MARIO:
Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Rosalina and Paper Mario.
DONKEY KONG:
Donkey, Diddy, Dixie and K. Rool.
ZELDA:
Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf and Toon Link.
POKEMON:
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Red, Lucario and Meowth.
KIRBY:
Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede and Bandana Dee.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Then the next day he posts this.
image.jpg

With the caption:
BANDANA DOO!
MAKES CHANDELURE PUNCH A HOLE THROUGH HIS COMPUTER MONITER!

And he specifically states, "Bandana DEE will not appear in Super Smash bros for WiiU and 3DS in ANY WAY! Not even as an alternate costume!"

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
One thing I've noticed is that people are just assuming that Zelda or other series are going to get newcomers, when that isn't necessarily the case. If you ask me? Zelda doesn't need anybody else right now. Not even Impa. I think she would be redundant. There isn't really much of anything she can do that somebody else couldn't.

Pokémon and Donkey Kong make sense to get a newcomer. I don't really know that Zelda, Star Fox, F-Zero, Mother, Pikmin necessarily need one, but I suppose it isn't necessarily important for that to be the case anymore.

I mean I suppose Sakurai could add Alph and give him different Pikmin types and make him unique...

What are our thoughts on Wonder Red now? Anybody else think that it's looking like he could be getting in? He's by far one of the most unique character available if you ask me.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
You gave up on Zoroark, I still find him very unique enough for him to get in. :/
But then you guys just get with the times and say "Expecting Zoroark, TOO BAD MEGA MEWTWO TIME!!!!!!"
Uniqueness can only go so far though, at the end of the day Zoroark is a far cry away from any of the Pokémon currently in and Mewtwo in terms of popularity and importance. It's telling when GF almost immediately dropped the poor thing as soon as B2W2 came out for Lucario and other older Pokémon and it still hasn't been in the spotlight since while all five have had some push, even Jigglypuff has had more.

Rosalina, while surprising, was also in a different situation then Zoroark as she had a stronger fanbase and increased importance to go along with her uniqueness which pushed her over the other candidates and Zoroark doesn't have that.

This gets me thinking, I have a question.

If We do get a Pokemon Newcomer, what would you like to see? Mewtwo does not count. We're always talking about how it will be Brawl + Mewtwo, but perhaps there's more in store.

Personally, I want to see Genesect. Love that design so much.
I'm also partial to Genesect even though I'll admit he's not the most popular choice.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

How fitting, she's my favorite so far. (I only got a bit of the ways into TLS and Xeno before giving my Wii to my mom)

Zoroark's Illusion mechanic is right up the Rosalina alley in terms of being interesting and a new way to play.

Being a **** on the internet makes you so cool

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
As a possibility once again:

Maybe the best situation for Cranky is for K. Rool to be a boss for now so Cranky can be the DK newcomer, while Dixie is tag-teamed with Diddy. Then in Smash 5 K. Rool can be playable. :p Of course, I wouldn't mind if K. Rool was in Smash 4.

That is unacceptable.

Ignoring the nonsensical Diddy-Dixie combination... as much as I enjoy Cranky Kong's ramblings, he should be reserved as an Assist Trophy this time around. King K. Rool, on the other hand, is not only one of the most popularly-requested potential newcomers (enduring popularity dating back to the Brawl roster selection process, where Sakurai himself actually took notice in his journal), but he would also be one of the more uniquely-inclined characters and one of the last "Nintendo All-Stars" left to add.

To deny King K. Rool (a popular long-running main antagonist of the Donkey Kong series) placement within the Super Smash Brothers roster in order to implement Cranky Kong (who up until now has only been featured in supporting roles) is mind-boggling. The possibility, while there, is extremely unlikely.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Honestly, I think that Kid Icarus, Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, and Metroid are the only pre-repped Smash series that deserve a newcomer. Star Fox getting 4 reps before DK is ludicrous and Kirby having 4 reps is too risky. Zelda having a newcomer is also a bit on the very unlikely side since the only reoccurring characters in the series are too controversial for Smash. F-Zero doesn't deserve a newcomer until it has a new title in the works while Mother's on the same boat. Pikmin having a newcomer would be so ridiculous that it won't be even funny. In the the end, I'd rather have room for a two retros and a few more miscellaneous series (Punch Out and Golden Sun).

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
One thing I've noticed is that people are just assuming that Zelda or other series are going to get newcomers, when that isn't necessarily the case. If you ask me? Zelda doesn't need anybody else right now. Not even Impa. I think she would be redundant. There isn't really much of anything she can do that somebody else couldn't.

Pokémon and Donkey Kong make sense to get a newcomer. I don't really know that Zelda, Star Fox, F-Zero, Mother, Pikmin necessarily need one, but I suppose it isn't necessarily important for that to be the case anymore.

I mean I suppose Sakurai could add Alph and give him different Pikmin types and make him unique...

What are our thoughts on Wonder Red now? Anybody else think that it's looking like he could be getting in? He's by far one of the most unique character available if you ask me.

The funny thing is that is what people were saying about Mario before Rosalina was introduced, not that it makes a Zelda newcomer more likely, but I think weve sort of lost sight about what is iconic.

But on Wonder Red, he would be pretty cool, if done correctly. I could see a moveset that was his combine abilities, just scaled down.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well...Because Rosalina is confirmed Sakurai will probably show another picture of her tomorrow,I really liked the AT Fridays XDD

Has that really been a pattern? I'm waiting for Waluigi.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Well...Because Rosalina is confirmed Sakurai will probably show another picture of her tomorrow,I really liked the AT Fridays XDD
I really hope AT friday's is a thing.... tho it probably isn't.

Yeah were just gonna get pics describing what she does and stuff, should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom