• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Maybe, since the Smash release is probably near or soon in 2014, I expect the leaky 3 to be revealed in E3 2014, and maybe a few newcomers in certain months.
I think that releasing the Leaky 3 at E3 would be a big mistake.
Little Mac would cause hype, but Mii and Pac-Man?
My money's on K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, and/or Mewtwo in addition to Little Mac.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Bowser Jr. is all that I ask for now. Afterwards, I'll be through with new Mario rep suggestions, and can worry more about the Donkey Kong reps, Mewtwo, and Ridley.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'd rather have a newcomer from a different franchise than a second from Mario. Give me a Zelda, Kirby, Star Fox, F-Zero, Mother, ect. Hell, give Yoshi or Wario a character over a second mario character. I'd rather we get Palutena AND Medusa, or Dixie and K Rool than Rosalina + Other.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think that releasing the Leaky 3 at E3 would be a big mistake.
Little Mac would cause hype, but Mii and Pac-Man?
My money's on K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, and/or Mewtwo in addition to Little Mac.
It would kinda make sense for a third-party to be revealed during E3, and Miis could show off their customizability in the game. I think it still sorta makes sense. Maybe Pac-Man and Mii won't get positive reception at first, but then they will be loved just like with Rosalina. :troll:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'd rather have a newcomer from a different franchise than a second from Mario. Give me a Zelda, Kirby, Star Fox, F-Zero, Mother, ect. Hell, give Yoshi or Wario a character over a second mario character. I'd rather we get Palutena AND Medusa, or Dixie and K Rool than Rosalina + Other.
I'm serious, if K. Rool AND Dixie doesn't happen, I'll be pretty upset.
Less so if it's just K. Rool.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The Farfetch'd Crime Fighters again?
Farfetched crime fighters?
Do you mean Impa and Geno as playable characters?

Because I don't want Mario to overfill the roster alright. :scared:
But you dot expect it, which means it's a possibility for Sakurai to do.
So basically what I'm trying to say is, Old Man GIR confirmed. (Still attempting to steal Pizzadudeman's sanity)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
If Dixie and K. Rool don't happen, perhaps we should expect Cranky instead. :troll:

That's what I just said. :estatic:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Because I don't want Mario to overfill the roster alright. :scared:
And yet the Pokemon franchise has had as many as 6 playables in Brawl, with three of them being owned by the Pokemon Trainer. With that said, six Mario reps shouldn't be too bad, but any more than that will be overkill.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Honestly, I expected a good amount of newcomers.
Not too much, a good amount. I have a good feeling we'll get what we want and more (that we never knew we wanted until we got it).
I hope so, i'm still hoping that we all get the characters that we want and no cancellations.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
At this point, I think that having 6 Mario Reps is a bit much, it takes away a spot that another franchise deserves.

Zelda could use it. Tingle, Impa, Vaati, Tetra.
Pokemon? How about Mewtwo? Pokemon had the most reps, because there's PT.
Kirby? Bandana Dee.
Kid Icarus? Practically anything. Magnus, Dark Pit, Viridi, Palutena, Hades, Medusa.
DK? K Rool and Dixie.
Fire Emblem?
I'm not in the mood to start Fire Emblem Rep Wars.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It would kinda make sense for a third-party to be revealed during E3, and Miis could show off their customizability in the game. I think it still sorta makes sense. Maybe Pac-Man and Mii won't get positive reception at first, but then they will be loved just like with Rosalina. :troll:
I really hope the third party is Square-Enix and not Namco-Bandai.
And if I'm really lucky, it will be my swapping out team of Black Mage, Fighter, and Monk.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
And yet the Pokemon franchise has had as many as 6 playables in Brawl, with three of them being owned by the Pokemon Trainer. With that said, six Mario reps shouldn't be too bad, but any more than that will be overkill.
By the time Mewtwo gets added along with the Pokemon Brawl cast, people will go overkill and say we need 7 Mario characters.
Maybe even worse if Mewtwo gets 2 additional transformations based on X and Y. :c

Louie G.

Smash Hero
By the time Mewtwo gets added along with the Pokemon Brawl cast, people will go overkill and say we need 7 Mario characters.
Maybe even worse if Mewtwo gets 2 additional transformations based on X and Y. :c
Well, to most people Pokémon Trainer and his Pokémon are one.
Making it 5 reps. Nobody will complain. Especially since we have the perfect Pokémon representation with Mewtwo's inclusion.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Bowser Jr. is all that I ask for now. Afterwards, I'll be through with new Mario rep suggestions, and can worry more about the Donkey Kong reps, Mewtwo, and Ridley.
This is exactly what I think, though I will still wonder to myself if Waluigi will be a Wario newcomer.
It just seems weird to have Wario on his own with Mario, Luigi, and Waluigi together.
Put the Mario bros together, and the Wario bros together.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
All I hope is that this roster doesn't turn out as if it were Brawl 2.0. I know that's what a lot of people want, but I want new universes included this time. MOSTLY new universes, like Golden Sun, Punch Out, Sin & Punishment, Balloon Fight.

I wonder what are the odds of a Pilotwings character (not Mii) now? If Sakurai wants unique, then flying gear used to attack can't be anything but unique. And there's a Pilotwings stage already.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Or even Boring FE character + Cool FE character (Because I really don't see us not getting a boring one, unfortunately)

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Or even Boring FE character + Cool FE character (Because I really don't see us not getting a boring one, unfortunately)
As long at it's not a giant massacre between us about who those people are, and whether it involves Awakening or not, I am fine with this.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Anyone else think that more frequent newcomer reveals are possible?
I mean this one kind of came out of the blue, right?
If Sakurai tweets about a direct, then we know a trailer is coming.

Said options for trailers will be either Snake or a newcomer.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah, I just throw Chrom/Roy/Lucina in one catagory of "Boring FE". Really any other semi popular choice would make me more happy. Lyn, Robin, Anna, Micaiah, Tharja. Anyone.

I guess a Chrom/Lucina Duo character could be interesting.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
This is exactly what I think, though I will still wonder to myself if Waluigi will be a Wario newcomer.
It just seems weird to have Wario on his own with Mario, Luigi, and Waluigi together.
Put the Mario bros together, and the Wario bros together.

Oh I wouldn't put it past Nintendo and their Mario milking to add Waluigi as a Wario character, and Bowser Jr. as Baby Bowser for the Yoshi franchise.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Am I the only one that considers a considers and wants a brand-new Pokémon rep? Instead of Brawl + Mewtwo.
The only problem is that assuming there are no cuts, and Mewtwo gets in which he most likely will, (but then again there's that uniqueness thing) that equals 5 characters.

The only way this could happen is if the slight chance Sakurai gives Mario 6 reps he gives Pokémon 6 too.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
We don't really know what Lucario's fate will be though. If it doesn't return, then we'd still have 6 playable Pokemon, with three being owned by the Pokemon Trainer. And odds are, Mega Mewtwo Y is more likely to be represented than Mega Mewtwo X, even if it's just a Final Smash.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Yeah, I just throw Chrom/Roy/Lucina in one catagory of "Boring FE". Really any other semi popular choice would make me more happy. Lyn, Robin, Anna, Micaiah, Tharja. Anyone.

I guess a Chrom/Lucina Duo character could be interesting.
Marth, Roy, Anna and Ike. That's the roster I would be finest with. With as little. Cuts. As possible.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Am I the only one that considers a considers and wants a brand-new Pokémon rep? Instead of Brawl + Mewtwo.
The only reason I want Mewtwo is because of the possibility he uses his X/Y mechanic.

From what I get, the top five Pokemon choices have already been in Smash. Depending on the community there's some discrepencies, but for the most part I've seen:

Pikachu > Mewtwo > Jigglypuff >/= Pokemon Trainer >> Lucario >> Zoroark >> New PT

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
We don't really know what Lucario's fate will be though. If it doesn't return, then we'd still have 6 playable Pokemon, with three being owned by the Pokemon Trainer. And odds are, Mega Mewtwo Y is more likely to be represented than Mega Mewtwo X, even if it's just a Final Smash.
When people I say "reps" I mean characters that appear on the select screen.
And that is really what matters in smash bros.
In fact, in Brawl, both Zelda and Pokémon had higher playable characters than Mario.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser =4

Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link =5

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Charizard
Lucario = 6

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
You gave up on Zoroark, I still find him very unique enough for him to get in. :/
But then you guys just get with the times and say "Expecting Zoroark, TOO BAD MEGA MEWTWO TIME!!!!!!"

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
This gets me thinking, I have a question.

If We do get a Pokemon Newcomer, what would you like to see? Mewtwo does not count. We're always talking about how it will be Brawl + Mewtwo, but perhaps there's more in store.

Personally, I want to see Genesect. Love that design so much.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
This gets me thinking, I have a question.

If We do get a Pokemon Newcomer, what would you like to see? Mewtwo does not count. We're always talking about how it will be Brawl + Mewtwo, but perhaps there's more in store.

Personally, I want to see Genesect. Love that design so much.
Depending on what they can do with Zoroark's Illusion, I'd want that.

Otherwise I'd love to see Gardevoir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom