• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Theres an idiot actually saying King K Rool is too big? *Not bothering to trudge through all these posts*

Also, feelings have no place on the interwebs.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You guys seriously arguing about size?

Watch Pizzadudemanguys thought on that.
Sadly more people watched that one Ridley hating guy who contradicted himself on Ridley's size (he was small enough to work in Melee, BUT THAT DON'T COUNT!!!!), or some GameFAQs "but magic is why they're bigger or smaller" bull crap logic.

Seriously, in a recent crossover (Marvel vs. Capcom 3) we got Sentinels as playable characters. Those things can be as tall as like a 20 story building. :laugh:

But back to your point, Pizzadudemanguys made a great video on it.

While we're at it, people should watch BKupa's video on Ridley and the Smash Bros. "Size Cannon Canon." :rotfl:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Did I ever said I hate the idea of character with absurd height becoming playable for SSB?

Let me say that again.

I'm skeptical with absurd size characters THAT WAS SEEN IN SMASH BROS or COMPARED WITH PLAYABLE CHARACTERS because THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN PLAYABLE IN ANY SMASH BROS GAMES.

Skeptical, not hate.

I was trying to be realistic with my roster. If you really hate that idea, then good for you. I'm sure it's not just me. Feel free to copy my roster and replace someone out with other characters.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm skeptical with absurd size characters THAT WAS SEEN IN SMASH BROS or COMPARED WITH PLAYABLE CHARACTERS because THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN PLAYABLE IN ANY SMASH BROS GAMES.

That is all.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord

That is all.
Umm you're not getting where I'm on at all?

I'll write down list so hopefully I made myself clear to you

"size doesn't matter" when:
-newcomer from new series (olimar)
-have random heights (bowser)

"size matters" when:
-seen in smash bros
-compared with other playable characters from same IP

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How am I not? You're skeptical about characters with absurd sizes, especially when compared to characters in Smash Bros., correct? Olimar is absurdly small, and has been shown in his own series to be able to fit in ROB's eye socket...

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Again, reiterating my point, canon has no bearing on a character in a crossover fighting game like this, if that were the case then characters like Kirby, Olimar, Pikachu, DDD and Bowser wouldn't even be feasible choices for Smash Bros. Hell while we are at it, why don't we question the fact that everyone is fighting in a Pikmin stage.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422

Opposum nailed it, Olimar is supposed to only be centimeters tall but was scaled by several hundred factors to fight in Smash. Even characters like Bowser throughout the games have demonstrated ginormous sizes when compared to Mario in their respective games. If Olimar can be scaled up and Bowser can be scaled down there's nothing to say Ridley can't get a similar scaling treatment.

Edit in response to your edit: While it's understandable that Ridley was already portrayed as a rather large character in Brawl it doesn't solidify much, Sakurai can easily change his mind about matters as Villager and Charizard are some examples of this. The idea of having the Villager fight seemed to collide with Sakurai's vision of peace when it came to Animal Crossing thus we didn't see too much of him in Melee or Brawl, and Charizard was already pre-established as a Poke Ball item in Melee but became a playable character in Brawl.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hey guys just came back from Playing Pokémon Y what's going on in this threa-- :D

*Sees size talk? K.Rool too big?*

Well see ya guys I'll go back playing Pokemon Y again. :D

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
How am I not? You're skeptical about characters with absurd sizes, especially when compared to characters in Smash Bros., correct? Olimar is absurdly small, and has been shown in his own series to be able to fit in ROB's eye socket...
To be fair... Sakurai acknowledged that R.O.B. is too big. :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I'll write down list so hopefully I made myself clear to you

"size doesn't matter" when:
-newcomer from new series (olimar)
-have random heights (bowser)

"size matters" when:
-seen in smash bros
-compared with other playable characters from same IP

But K. Rool goes through size changes as frequently as Bowser does. You know that, right?

And as far as
"size matters" when:
-seen in smash bros
Ridley changes sizes every time he's seen in Brawl. He's a different size in the cutscenes, regular fight, and Meta Ridley fight. Not to mention the Melee intro...

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
But K. Rool goes through size changes as frequently as Bowser does. You know that, right?

And as far as

Ridley changes sizes every time he's seen in Brawl. He's a different size in the cutscenes, regular fight, and Meta Ridley fight. Not to mention the Melee intro...
Yes I just realized his height is random. I already am looking into King K. Rool for Smash Bros. :p

Still skeptical with Ridley, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom