• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAAAYUKk_szxpPQ

Sakurai alludes to the notion that Jigglypuff is the next reveal by blatantly stating that Wii Fit Trainer is asleep (Jigglypuff's signature move and iconic ability). Let us not forget to examine the picture more thoroughly. You might notice that a few Jigglypuff's are actually discernible in the image. Wii Fit Trainer has some nice Jigglypuffs. As if that wasn't enough, the entire thing is an extended hyperbole. She is in the air, similar to a balloon Pokemon, and on something pink. Can you tell me a Pokemon that is both pink, and a balloon Pokemon. It is fairly absolute. I can't think of any other Pokemon that fit that description. Let us not forget that Sakurai and I are great friends. He knows that I intend to co-main Wii Fit Trainer. So what better way to suggest the playable nature of Jigglypuff than to make the entire picture an inside joke.

So Jigglypuff is inevitable.

Shiny Qwilfish confirmed!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Not sure if this was brought up but I want to clarify something quickly,
Wii Fit Trainer is SLEEPING in Friday's pic.

There is only ONE character that can cause others to sleep.

The only winner is MorbidAlterism.
How do you know Bellossom isn't confirmed as a Pokéball Pokémon that Lucario throws=??? :troll:
That was a subtle hint...

Now Sakurai will show Lucario to throw you off again. :troll:
Sakurai: "Sorry MorbidAlterism, the Singer is at another Concert." :troll:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAAAYUKk_szxpPQ

Sakurai alludes to the notion that Jigglypuff is the next reveal by blatantly stating that Wii Fit Trainer is asleep (Jigglypuff's signature move and iconic ability). Let us not forget to examine the picture more thoroughly. You might notice that a few Jigglypuff's are actually discernible in the image. Wii Fit Trainer has some nice Jigglypuffs. As if that wasn't enough, the entire thing is an extended hyperbole. She is in the air, similar to a balloon Pokemon, and on something pink. Can you tell me a Pokemon that is both pink, and a balloon Pokemon. It is fairly absolute. I can't think of any other Pokemon that fit that description. Let us not forget that Sakurai and I are great friends. He knows that I intend to co-main Wii Fit Trainer. So what better way to suggest the playable nature of Jigglypuff than to make the entire picture an inside joke.

So Jigglypuff is inevitable.
My finger is waving on that because there are yoga poses that involve laying down and sakurai is unpredictible and that could just be wii fit trainer in the knocked down poistion like all of the characters have

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Here's a question about Jiggz, should fairy type be implemented into her moveset.
Her moveset is fine as it is (only brutally nerfed by Brawl), but her final Smash could be a new fairy type move. Of course, special visual effects wouldn't be bad either.

Will Sonic, Luigi, Mega Man and Toon Link be unlockable or starter characters?
Possibly unlockables, unless third parties become starters.

If on-topic is as in roster predictions, then we could discuss the one I just posted in the Display thread for a post or two until somebody comes up with a random post that derails the thread again:
My only concern is Krystal. Other than that, eh, fair enough.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Here's a question about Jiggz, should fairy type be implemented into her moveset.
Well, it could, but I don't it needs to be. Her moveset, as mentioned by SchAlternate, is great as it is and I can't say there's any special moves I'd take away from her moveset for Fairy moves. Plus, it's not as integral to the character whereas all the moves that she currently has are classics for her.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I mean, I'd would be like Mario having one of his moves replaced by FLUDD because Sunshine was the most recent Mario game.

AND YOU ALL KNOW VERY WELL HOW THAT TURNED OUT...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Jigglypuff should receive minimal changes... aside from ignoring the fact Jigglypuff was designed by apparently an inept group of human beings in Brawl.

Just give Jigglypuff a similar playstyle and hitboxes to Jigglypuff's appearance in Smash 64 and Melee, although I'd like to see Rest have more visible hitboxes (like all the attacks we've seen so far), and perhaps wider range.

Also, I'd make Jigglypuff A LOTTTTTT faster on the ground. Jigglypuff's ground speed in Melee had a lot to be desired, but Jigglypuff's speed in Brawl (the worst in the game) was pathetic game design.

(Reasons #4,586 and #9,234 that I am happy Game Arts won't be the primary developer of a Smash Bros. game ever again)
They need to fix F.L.U.D.D.
Preferably they'd remove that move, but it seems we're stuck with it.

They need to actually give it tons of knockback so it can actually serve as the original purpose in Brawl... as a kill move via knockback.

That or just change it to a move that is meant for doing damage slowly but surely (kinda like a combination of Charizard's flamethrower and Fox's laser).

Swift Fox

Smash Lord

Need a better replacement for:
-Black Shadow
-Tom Nook
-Ashley
-Chrom or Chrom/Lucina
-Takamaru
-Krystal

And please don't suggest me character in absurd height from the same series as one or more existing playable characters (Olimar and Kirby may be really small IRL but noone else in their series is much bigger that is playable):
-Ridley
-kraid
-King K. Rool

Or character with poor moveset potential like:
-Toad

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

-Black Shadow
-Tom Nook
-Ashley
-Chrom or Chrom/Lucina
-Takamaru
-Krystal

And please don't suggest me character in absurd height from the same series as one or more existing playable characters (Olimar and Kirby may be really small IRL but noone else in their series is much bigger that is playable):
-Ridley
-kraid
-King K. Rool

-Toad
What a waste of a 300th post.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

-Black Shadow
-Tom Nook
-Ashley
-Chrom or Chrom/Lucina
-Takamaru
-Krystal

-Ridley
-kraid
-King K. Rool

-Toad

So colorful XDD

-Black Shadow/ replace with ...Samurai Goroh? ,I don't know XD
-Tom Nook/ replace with Shulk
-Ashley/ replace with Dixie Kong
-Chrom or Chrom/Lucina / replace with Only Chrom
-Takamaru / Is fine
-Krystal / replace with Isaac

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

-Black Shadow
-Tom Nook
-Ashley
-Chrom or Chrom/Lucina
-Takamaru
-Krystal

-Ridley
-kraid
-King K. Rool

-Toad
I would write an essay on why the "too big" argument is not valid in any way, but whatever, it's your roster.

Black Shadow - Mach Rider?
Tom Nook - Lip (:awesome:)
Ashley - King K.Rool Dixie Kong
Chrom - Roy
Takamaru is okay as it is.
Krystal - Ray MKII?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I like K.Rool and he is not giant XD BUT,Dixie is much more likely and I'm not sure about the idea of 4 DK reps.
It's my opinion,I don't want a stupid fight please.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Someone is actually saying K Rool is too big?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

****. Everything.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Like canon has ever ****ing mattered in a CROSSOVER Fighting Game.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
So colorful XDD

-Black Shadow/ replace with ...Samurai Goroh? ,I don't know XD
-Tom Nook/ replace with Shulk
-Ashley/ replace with Dixie Kong
-Chrom or Chrom/Lucina / replace with Only Chrom
-Takamaru / Is fine
-Krystal / replace with Isaac

Ashley -> Isaac
Chrom/Lucina -> Chrom
Tom Nook -> Shulk
Krystal stays (I think she's better than Dixie Kong in moveset potential...)
Samurai Goroh and Takamaru same clones?

Canonically? I trhink not, but I've seen King K. Rool in other DK games and he looks smaller than in DK64.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
And besides, even if his size were an issue, I'm sure they'd do anything required to accommodate him accordingly into Smash since, you know, he's an All Star.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh hey guys what going on?
"King K. Rool is to big"

Yeah...so that's a thing now. I guess.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Like canon has ever ****ing mattered in a CROSSOVER Fighting Game.
Just look at my linked pictures for proof.

Bowser was over 100 feet tall.

Olimar was smaller than a AA battery.

Please people, if you believe in size issues in smash with characters, never come to SmashBoards, or else I will make all your arguments look like this...

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Please stop

You've just hurt my feeling.

Bowsers has different heights in various canon Mario games here's the proof

AFAIK, Super Smash Bros is all-star battle game, meaning everyone with any height like Olimar and Kirby and Bowser that has been small in some canon Mario games can join but on conditions: It's never been much bigger/smaller in previous Smash nor been canonically big in other Nintendo IPs not due to hardware limitation like Ridley has always big in new Metroid games.

I have yet to see someone that always big or small with existing playable character, becoming playable in smash bros...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Bowsers has different heights in various canon Mario games here's the proof
Go look up K. Rool's height in those pictures from that Mario Baseball game, DKC1-3, and DK64. They change a lot.

Heck, Charizard's height goes from gigantic to like his actual Pokédex height of only about 5 foot 2 inches (120-ish pounds).

Charizard is actually much shorter than Mewtwo (5'2 vs. 6'9), and yet he's taller when comparing them in Brawl and Melee.

On top of that, DK is what=??? A GIGANTIC GORILLA THAT WEIGHS OVER A TON!?!?!?
AFAIK, Super Smash Bros is all-star battle game, meaning everyone with any height like Olimar and Kirby and Bowser that has been small in some canon Mario games can join but on conditions: It's never been much bigger/smaller in previous Smash nor been canonically big in other Nintendo IPs not due to hardware limitation like Ridley has always big in new Metroid games.
I have yet to see someone that always big or small with existing playable character, becoming playable in smash bros...
Olimar IS SMALLER THAN A PENNY!!!! SMALLER THAN A PENNY!!! THIS LITERALLY CONTRADICTS YOUR FORMER POINT!!!!

Why don't you just wise up and say "height canon doesn't matter", because you keep contradicting yourself foolishly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom