• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
-seen in smash bros
I never got this whole "he appeared in this size, so he must remain this size" argument. Bosses who are usually larger in their initial appearances have gone on to become smaller when they become playable, that's not unusual. Hell, it's not even unusual for the size to change in the canon games, Ridley for instance changed his size tremendously in Prime 3 alone and no one batted an eye. So I'm curious why that's suddenly an issue with certain characters in a fighting game where canon is usually portrayed very loosely already.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Can we talk about the significance of Pit being shown right off the bat as apposed to someone like Yoshi? This has been bugging me for a while, especially because Yoshi has still not been shown. Hes gonna show up for sure, but what does it mean?

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I wouldn't cut Pac-Man, and I definitely wouldn't cut Palutena either as both are really really likely at this point.
Is there proof that Palutena is likely, aside from popularity?

Can we talk about the significance of Pit being shown right off the bat as apposed to someone like Yoshi? This has been bugging me for a while, especially because Yoshi has still not been shown. Hes gonna show up for sure, but what does it mean?
Most likely, nothing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It may just be my hopefulness, but I thought it could be a way of showing that there's more to show for the Kid Icarus series, such as another playable character (ie, Palutena). With Yoshi, you pretty much show Yoshi and a Yoshi's Island stage, and the series' reveals are done. :p

But it's probably just because "lol Uprising."

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
I'm thinking they are doing something big with Yoshi, and he wasn't ready to be shown off yet, others think Pit's early reveal means a possible 2nd KI character but I don't see it, Pit is all that is needed really.

Gune

Smash Lord
Sakurai most likely wanted to show pit early because of the new things hes done with him or because its kind of his series now.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Is there proof that Palutena is likely, aside from popularity?
Theres never really proof, but as I said, it might be significant that Pit was shown first, but that might just be Sakurai acting quickly while Pit was fresh in his mind, you know, from making Uprising?

He also gave her a real personality, and, I cant remember where I heard this, that Sakurai actually likes Palutena as a character.

Its all speculation of course, but 2 KI characters seems pretty likely

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think your roster is great. I would leave K. Rool right where he is, given that the most wanted Nintendo newcomer has never not gotten into a Smash game to date, and the failure of some users to come to terms with this is mind-boggling to me. Tetra is by far the most expendable character on your roster if you're looking to make cuts. Maybe Bowser Jr. as well, though he has the upper hand due to being an easy last minute addition.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Wouldn't popularity prove enough that Palutena can become the 2nd KI character. And the fact Sakurai revived KI might give him interest into adding Palutena.
That's the thing: Another KI rep IS unlikely. If there was another, it definitely would be Palutena. But there is nothing supporting another rep, aside from popularity.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I do somewhat hypothesis that the reason why Pit and Bowser in particular were revealed early on is because it's a bit of a homage to the first trailers of Brawl and Melee, where both characters were revealed to be newcomers respectively.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
That's the thing: Another KI rep IS unlikely. If there was another, it definitely would be Palutena. But there is nothing supporting another rep, aside from popularity.
This is why I was talking about the significance of Pit being shown early. If they planned on adding more characters, then the main character would have to be shown first.

Palutena is liked by its creator, who is also making smash bros.

Thats more evidence than most characters have going for them at all

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
This is why I was talking about the significance of Pit being shown early. If they planned on adding more characters, then the main character would have to be shown first.

Palutena is liked by its creator, who is also making smash bros.

Thats more evidence than most characters have going for them at all
Pit was announced early because of the changes to his moveset. I'll give ya credit for the "Palutena be liked" part, though.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I thought they showed off Bowser and Pit because they were newcomers in Melee and Brawl, plus some moveset changes.

He might have put in Pit because he was recent in Sakurais mind and could easily create a moveset for him. It could have been because he was showing off the new moveset. I recall him mentioning he had a new moveset, but that might not be his entire motivation behind showing Pit off

courte

Smash Lord

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
New topic! :/

You're reaction if Pichu got in?
Depends on the moveset.

If it's like Melee, I'll be disappoint.

If it's like what I imagine Pichu being (a character with tons of damage and random ease of kill, but is super easy to kill), then I would be SOOOOO HYPED!!!!
Don't be silly, Sakurai, character selection isn't stressful to the brink of death when your criteria is just to add the characters people on message boards deem most relevant to Nintendo/casuals/series/potato. :rolleyes:
Yep. Pretty much this. Sakurai wants to just let the stupid people on message boards who expect hundreds of playable characters to not expect that.

In other words, Dr. Mario and Young Link won't be back, but everyone else could definitely return! :shades:

(specifically the unconfirmed Brawl characters plus Mewtwo plus maybe Roy)

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Theres gonna be cuts. Who gets the chop is a whole issue, and part of the reason why were here

It will probably be the same situation as Brawl, where all characters are planned but some dont make it in. The difference this time is those who dont make it coukd make it in as DLC among other newcomers. Hes been cconsidering DLC for this game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really hope Sakurai would start revealing some newcomers... I am not that hyped to see the characters that I already played with in Melee and/or Brawl... gimme characters who were never playable in any of the last three Smash games... yes, I have Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer but I want more, more, more! :cry:

:troll:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I really hope Sakurai would start revealing some newcomers... I am not that hyped to see the characters that I already played with in Melee and/or Brawl... gimme characters who were never playable in any of the last three Smash games... yes, I have Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer but I want more, more, more! :cry:

:troll:
A 1000 TIMES YES

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Krystal would make a far better character than Dixie Kong.
Isaac would make a far better character than Shulk
A box of Fruity Pebbles would make a far better character than Toad.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Krystal would make a far better character than Dixie Kong.
Isaac would make a far better character than Shulk
A box of Fruity Pebbles would make a far better character than Toad.
Sorry to disappoint you but a box of Fruity Pebbles didn't originate in a video game so it cannot get in Smash over Toad. :troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Don't be silly, Sakurai, character selection isn't stressful to the brink of death when your criteria is just to add the characters people on message boards deem most relevant to Nintendo/casuals/series/potato. :rolleyes:
Especially potato. Eduardo and Sasha should know a lot about that.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Hes been cconsidering DLC for this game.
He specifically said that DLC characters will not be planned ahead of time.

This thread has gone from cool and awesome hype (especially with Deity banned) to just going downhill into awful arguments for awful things... :facepalm:
I just got here, so I don't know what's going on. Do I not want to be here today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom