• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
It seriously sounded like you were saying Japan didn't like Mother 3 because it was too emotional, my bad. I still don't understand that kind of logic though.
It is the same kind of logic that contradicts the premise of Nintendog being playable. Some people wouldn't like that because Nintendog looks like a real dog. So it is fairly similar. People don't want a poor kid like Lucas getting his brains splattered by a rabid Jigglypuff.

Gune

Smash Lord
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAAAYUKk_szxpPQ

Sakurai alludes to the notion that Jigglypuff is the next reveal by blatantly stating that Wii Fit Trainer is asleep (Jigglypuff's signature move and iconic ability). Let us not forget to examine the picture more thoroughly. You might notice that a few Jigglypuff's are actually discernible in the image. Wii Fit Trainer has some nice Jigglypuffs. As if that wasn't enough, the entire thing is an extended hyperbole. She is in the air, similar to a balloon Pokemon, and on something pink. Can you tell me a Pokemon that is both pink, and a balloon Pokemon. It is fairly absolute. I can't think of any other Pokemon that fit that description. Let us not forget that Sakurai and I are great friends. He knows that I intend to co-main Wii Fit Trainer. So what better way to suggest the playable nature of Jigglypuff than to make the entire picture an inside joke.

So Jigglypuff is inevitable.
I think sakurai just really likes flexible chicks...

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
It is the same kind of logic that contradicts the premise of Nintendog being playable. Some people wouldn't like that because Nintendog looks like a real dog. So it is fairly similar. People don't want a poor kid like Lucas getting his brains splattered by a rabid Jigglypuff.
Yeah, but it's just the Kongs fighting Ness and Lucas! Not like they have any guns or anything...oh wait.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
It seriously sounded like you were saying Japan didn't like Mother 3 because it was too emotional, my bad. I still don't understand that kind of logic though.
Oh no, that games awesome, Im pretty sure people loved it! And CAUSE it was emotional! Ahh, I guess Im not saying things right...I just heard that most of the smash bros audience that knew Lucas were...surprised about is inclusion and I guess just generally felt bad for him the whole time? I mean, I dont wanna give out spoilers but...well the kid deals with a lot of heavy stuff...its in Snake's codec about him. So I dunno people didn't like that you could just punch him in the face. Ehh...sorry, can't find an article...I thought it was well known! I see it in cut lists all the time!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Sakurai alludes to the notion that Jigglypuff is the next reveal by blatantly stating that Wii Fit Trainer is asleep (Jigglypuff's signature move and iconic ability). Let us not forget to examine the picture more thoroughly. You might notice that a few Jigglypuff's are actually discernible in the image. Wii Fit Trainer has some nice Jigglypuffs. As if that wasn't enough, the entire thing is an extended hyperbole. She is in the air, similar to a balloon Pokemon, and on something pink. Can you tell me a Pokemon that is both pink, and a balloon Pokemon. It is fairly absolute. I can't think of any other Pokemon that fit that description. Let us not forget that Sakurai and I are great friends. He knows that I intend to co-main Wii Fit Trainer. So what better way to suggest the playable nature of Jigglypuff than to make the entire picture an inside joke.

This theory...

...makes sense...

WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO DO!?!?!?

:facepalm:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Come to #TeamJigglypuff. If the hints couldn't be more obvious, why support Lucario? He is a cool cat, but he isn't getting revealed next!
Easy make our own for Lucario.:awesome:
Why does this sound like a Grand Theft Auto decision=???

:facepalm:

DOES PRESSING "D" CAUSE EVERYONE TO DIE!?!?!?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
You guys do know that the characters dont have to be revealed to be in the game right? Jiggs and Lucario are coming back, with very little doubt! But they're secrets...why would the be shown off? Jiggs I kinda get cause Luigi was shown off and they could be doing the opposite of when Ness and Falcon were starters...but Lucario...ahhh...

Morbi

Scavenger
Hey, Lucas proved himself to be a tough kid who's overcome many obstacles. Give him the respect he deserves.
Jigglypuff doesn't care about "respect", Jigglypuff has NEVER been respected. Assholes don't even stay awake during her entire performance. Maybe Lucas should have given Jigglypuff some respect? Maybe then his skull wouldn't be split open? Maybe then he wouldn't be dismembered? He has overcome many obstacles, sadly a sadistic Jigglypuff is too much for the pompadour!

Gune

Smash Lord
Double post recycle so did any of you truthfully think we were getting someone tonight or just hypeing for the hell of it.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

The picture is Wii Fit Trainer in the Pilotwings stage.

Wii Fit Trainer represents Pokemon Trainer.

She is hot. Hot = Fire.

She is on a plane. The plane is flying.

Fire + Flying = Charizard.

Charizard confirmed! :troll:
#pokemontrainer :troll:

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I don't understand why Lucario would be the next reveal, I think he'll be in it, but the next reveal? Not sure. Like I always say, you can never tell with Sakurai.

Gune

Smash Lord
You guys do know that the characters dont have to be revealed to be in the game right? Jiggs and Lucario are coming back, with very little doubt! But they're secrets...why would the be shown off? Jiggs I kinda get cause Luigi was shown off and they could be doing the opposite of when Ness and Falcon were starters...but Lucario...ahhh...
We know this but were revealing vets and there's no reason why Lucario cant be revealed with the other vets, I mean if Luigi can and room Link can then Lucario can.

Sonsa

Smash Champion

Wii Fit Trainer is on a plane.
She is sleeping.
Wii Fit Trainer confirmed.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Well, I think it's time for some sleep. I plan to awake to the same picture of a trainer on a plane.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
We know this but were revealing vets and there's no reason why Lucario cant be revealed with the other vets, I mean if Luigi can and room Link can then Lucario can.
Well Luigi's around cause it's hus year apparently, and Toon Link might as well be a starter since he IS Link. Main character of Zelda. Another incarnation, sure, but still Link. Lucario...I can't think of much of an excuse...if you can explain one to me, please do! Anyway, I know he'll most likely be in along with his Mega-Evolution. Just...unlockable.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well Luigi's around cause it's hus year apparently, and Toon Link might as well be a starter since he IS Link. Main character of Zelda. Another incarnation, sure, but still Link. Lucario...I can't think of much of an excuse...if you can explain one to me, please do! Anyway, I know he'll most likely be in along with his Mega-Evolution. Just...unlockable.
Falco is never a starter for the same reason Toon/Young Link isn't. Sora Ltd. doesn't like to have clones on the starter roster. I am sure Lucario will be unlockable though.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Falco is never a starter for the same reason Toon/Young Link isn't. Sora Ltd. doesn't like to have clones on the starter roster. I am sure Lucario will be unlockable though.
Ahh...I really hope Toon Link's current moves are just placeholders and are changed by release... he has no reason to be a clone! Its not like they couldn't think of anything else! What of Deku Leaf, Skull Hammer, or...I dunno, Tingle Tuner even! I do think Toon Link is just a starter now because Tetra is a character now...hopefully that isn't biased speaking? She was planned for Brawl and now WWHD has given Sakurai and the team a second chance... All just speculation! What were we talking about? Jigglypuff vs Lucario? Love em both, but Jigglypuffs way more probable to be revealed on the site.

Gune

Smash Lord
Is important to the cannon history of mega evolutions Instead of just being a pokemon with a mega evolution.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ahh...I really hope Toon Link's current moves are just placeholders and are changed by release... he has no reason to be a clone! Its not like they couldn't think of anything else! What of Deku Leaf, Skull Hammer, or...I dunno, Tingle Tuner even! I do think Toon Link is just a starter now because Tetra is a character now...hopefully that isn't biased speaking? She was planned for Brawl and now WWHD has given Sakurai and the team a second chance... All just speculation! What were we talking about? Jigglypuff vs Lucario? Love em both, but Jigglypuffs way more probable to be revealed on the site.
I would say it is pretty biased to proclaim that Tetra will be playable. My money is on Tingle (if we get a Zelda representative). That is just me though. We were talking about how Toon Link wouldn't be a starter. Even if Tetra is playable, I am still certain that Toon Link will be unlockable.

courte

Smash Lord
i don't even want to know who's the sucker who compared 45 characters in a fighter to 1000 models in a pokemon game -_-

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Is important to the cannon history of mega evolutions Instead of just being a pokemon with a mega evolution.
...? Huh...? Canon history of mega-evolutions...? You're saying he's the first pokemon to get one in the canon or something? Havent played x or y yet...

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I would say it is pretty biased to proclaim that Tetra will be playable. My money is on Tingle (if we get a Zelda representative). That is just me though. We were talking about how Toon Link wouldn't be a starter. Even if Tetra is playable, I am still certain that Toon Link will be unlockable.
Ah, well Im just saying with Toon Link being shown off it's simply more probable than I guess if Toon Link wasnt! Haha! ...Tingle...? Interesting choice! He would...throw maps at people or...? Hmm...I don't know...they wouldn't really show off unlockables would they? Ive heard the theory about how Sakurai might be thinking "Well, they'll be spoiled anyway" but...I love the surprise of unlockables! Argh, someone needs to interview this guy again. Or maybe even shoot him a quick twitter message.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Okay, first of all it won't be the year of luigi when the game comes out and he's a Mario clone, so we can't have 2 of the same move sets on the starter roster. Toon Link is also a clone, and he's another version of a character, those have to be unlockables. Marth is the only person who has a chance from going from unlockable to starter and that's only if Roy gets in.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So um why would sakurai reveal toon link during a release, yet when the biggest pokemon game comes out he decides not to reveal a character?

Why is that? are all the pokemon models for smash 4 not finished yet or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom