• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Sakurai is master troll. Has no one learned this by now?
Its old news to everybody, and yet I get my hopes up. I know I'll probably be let down, but there's still that just in case. Wish he could just say "Guys, really, no announcement this time, sorry!" but it cant be so simple of course.

Gune

Smash Lord
Well reach that regardless when we have a extensive argument on logos and diskun and yugi- I mean hanafuda cards and other stupid smash ****.

Morbi

Scavenger
Okay we'll see. Why would he just put Charizard though? I can see Kanto Trainer coming back totally but to bring back a veteran minus two transformations doesn't make a lot of sense. Like bringing just Sheik or something...
You haven't been here very long, have you? There are lots of articles on it if you wish to investigate further. This one is just concise and straight to the point.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/197055...t_have_time_to_bring_all_characters_back.html

Morbi

Scavenger
They will reveal that at the end of the countdown, Pokémon X & Y versions have been released.
The release of Pokemon X and Y could not have come at a better time. It will keep my mind off of which Pokemon representative is coming to Smash. I am still betting on Jigglypuff though. Sakurai hinted at her too heavily for any other character reveal to be likely.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
You haven't been here very long, have you? There are lots of articles on it if you wish to investigate further. This one is just concise and straight to the point.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/197055...t_have_time_to_bring_all_characters_back.html
I havent but Ive read that. Good point... but still...Sakurai sees Charizard as part of the 'Pokemon Trainer' character. Just Charizard? Alone? Kinda strange. I guess I wouldn't be too upset but I honestly just don't see it happening. I don't deny your logic, but it just seems...unlikely, ya know? I dunno, I guess we'll see in due time...hopefully soon XD

Morbi

Scavenger
I havent but Ive read that. Good point... but still...Sakurai sees Charizard as part of the 'Pokemon Trainer' character. Just Charizard? Alone? Kinda strange. I guess I wouldn't be too upset but I honestly just don't see it happening. I don't deny your logic, but it just seems...unlikely, ya know? I dunno, I guess we'll see in due time...hopefully soon XD
Yes, it isn't the most likely thing in the world. However, if characters like Lucas and Wolf get cut over Pokemon Trainer, I will be disappointed. The staggering incompetence of Sora Ltd. would really get to me, I don't know if I would support the game. I don't mind Pokemon Trainers return, but if ANY veteran needs to be cut, it is that behemoth.

I say Charizard alone because it still has the desired effect. Charizard was the only relevant starter in Origins. You can pick a Kanto starter in X and Y. Charizard is the most popular Pokemon. That is my rationale. I am not expecting any cuts though. I was just making a passive comment in regards to my utter confusion when it comes to dealing with PKMN Trainer. If he does get revealed, it would say A LOT about the development cycle that they are in and how close to finishing they really are. Just something that I am personally interested in.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
The release of Pokemon X and Y could not have come at a better time. It will keep my mind off of which Pokemon representative is coming to Smash. I am still betting on Jigglypuff though. Sakurai hinted at her too heavily for any other character reveal to be likely.
How and when has he hinted at Jiggs?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Is that the last countdown? It's available in Europe, Australia, Japan, some other places I suppose, and now North America... I think that's it, right? Hmm...hopes still high, whats wrong with me? I should have just said "Oh gosh Sakurai!" and waited for next month or something...hm. Anyway, sorry if I raised anyone else's hopes...

Morbi

Scavenger
Is that the last countdown? It's available in Europe, Australia, Japan, some other places I suppose, and now North America... I think that's it, right? Hmm...hopes still high, whats wrong with me? I should have just said "Oh gosh Sakurai!" and waited for next month or something...hm. Anyway, sorry if I raised anyone else's hopes...
You started giving me hope again... that was foolish of me. Fool me once, shame on Sakurai. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Gune

Smash Lord
People have been saying this a lot now I'm curious as to how he is hinting jiggs care to elaborate?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I don't think you really raised anybody's hopes
most of them were actually crushed yesterday

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yes, it isn't the most likely thing in the world. However, if characters like Lucas and Wolf get cut over Pokemon Trainer, I will be disappointed. The staggering incompetence of Sora Ltd. would really get to me, I don't know if I would support the game. I don't mind Pokemon Trainers return, but if ANY veteran needs to be cut, it is that behemoth.

I say Charizard alone because it still has the desired effect. Charizard was the only relevant starter in Origins. You can pick a Kanto starter in X and Y. Charizard is the most popular Pokemon. That is my rationale. I am not expecting any cuts though. I was just making a passive comment in regards to my utter confusion when it comes to dealing with PKMN Trainer. If he does get revealed, it would say A LOT about the development cycle that they are in and how close to finishing they really are. Just something that I am personally interested in.
Yeah I guess, but Lucas's chances are near...well zero-ish...I mean, I dunno, I'm not making the game, but Japan didn't like him there since his game was too emotional and the rest of the world didn't know him too well...plus he shares a couple moves with Ness...
Ike is also irrelevant so you can probably take comfort in that his absence others will rise. Snake too...is there a thread for cut character speculation?
Anyway nice reasoning on Charizard. It totally makes sense to me...but looking at smash bros I just feel like theres no way, either the entire Pokemon Trainer or none of his Pokemon.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Downloading Pokemon X right now. I'm a genwunner(and twoer), but I really want to relive that childlike glory! I feel this new revolutionary Pokemon is what I needed unlike Black which I simply couldn't get into no matter how hard I tried.

Anyway, there better be a Pokemon reveal tomorrow or Monday. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't though. Sakurai is just......................ugggh

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Um we still got the west coast left, I got 1 hr and 49mins left geez....

The pictures show up around midnight pacific west coast time, it's not following east coast or central times...lol

Morbi

Scavenger
How and when has he hinted at Jiggs?
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAAAYUKk_szxpPQ

Sakurai alludes to the notion that Jigglypuff is the next reveal by blatantly stating that Wii Fit Trainer is asleep (Jigglypuff's signature move and iconic ability). Let us not forget to examine the picture more thoroughly. You might notice that a few Jigglypuff's are actually discernible in the image. Wii Fit Trainer has some nice Jigglypuffs. As if that wasn't enough, the entire thing is an extended hyperbole. She is in the air, similar to a balloon Pokemon, and on something pink. Can you tell me a Pokemon that is both pink, and a balloon Pokemon. It is fairly absolute. I can't think of any other Pokemon that fit that description. Let us not forget that Sakurai and I are great friends. He knows that I intend to co-main Wii Fit Trainer. So what better way to suggest the playable nature of Jigglypuff than to make the entire picture an inside joke.

So Jigglypuff is inevitable.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
LOL... you see? There wasn't any Pokemon character reveal. :laugh:
To be far, midnight isn't the same for everybody, but it is everybody's fault for expecting a count down based around Pokemon to reveal a character for another game, and expect an update for the site on the weekend.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Yeah I guess, but Lucas's chances are near...well zero-ish...I mean, I dunno, I'm not making the game, but Japan didn't like him there since his game was too emotional and the rest of the world didn't know him too well...plus he shares a couple moves with Ness...
Ike is also irrelevant so you can probably take comfort in that his absence others will rise. Snake too...is there a thread for cut character speculation?
Anyway nice reasoning on Charizard. It totally makes sense to me...but looking at smash bros I just feel like theres no way, either the entire Pokemon Trainer or none of his Pokemon.
Japan didn't like Lucas because his game was emotional? Uhh......wut.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Um we still got the west coast left, I got 1 hr and 49mins left geez....
Ahh...then that time would actually line up with the picture updates he's had in the last few days...? Argh, why do I keep torturing myself like this?? Okay, let's raise those hopes again, Sonsa... :sadeyes:

Japan didn't like Lucas because his game was emotional? Uhh......wut.
Well yeah, everyone cried at the end of the game and then was kind of surprised to see him in smash bros getting punched by Donkey Kong! I dunno, there's an article or something, lemme see if I can find it...

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAAAYUKk_szxpPQ

Sakurai alludes to the notion that Jigglypuff is the next reveal by blatantly stating that Wii Fit Trainer is asleep (Jigglypuff's signature move and iconic ability). Let us not forget to examine the picture more thoroughly. You might notice that a few Jigglypuff's are actually discernible in the image. Wii Fit Trainer has some nice Jigglypuffs. As if that wasn't enough, the entire thing is an extended hyperbole. She is in the air, similar to a balloon Pokemon, and on something pink. Can you tell me a Pokemon that is both pink, and a balloon Pokemon. It is fairly absolute. I can't think of any other Pokemon that fit that description. Let us not forget that Sakurai and I are great friends. He knows that I intend to co-main Wii Fit Trainer. So what better way to suggest the playable nature of Jigglypuff than to make the entire picture an inside joke.

So Jigglypuff is inevitable.
Jigglypuff is inevitable, but you're looking way too into this. Wii Fit Trainer has a nice pair of Jigglypuffs, really?

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Well yeah, everyone cried at the end of the game and then was kind of surprised to see him in smash bros getting punched by Donkey Kong! I dunno, there's an article or something, lemme see if I can find it...
It seriously sounded like you were saying Japan didn't like Mother 3 because it was too emotional, my bad. I still don't understand that kind of logic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom