• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wow, I'm feeling hypocritical right now. That's not a good thing, you got to avoid that kind of stuff.
WELCOME TO SMASH BOARDS!!!

Where potato is potatoe, and potatoe will eat you alive, spit you out, and commit an act of cannibalism by eating itself like Pizza the Hut. :rotfl:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Since you propped Diskun so much... you argued that Diskun is oh so important that he deserves to be in Smash (muh relevancy)... later you say retro characters don't have to be relevant to get in Smash... so Diskun's so-called importance isn't really necessary. So which is it? Would Diskun get in Smash because of muh relevancy or not? :awesome:
He is important. When you said relevance, I thought you meant he CURRENTLY had some significance to what's currently going on in Nintendo history. If you think Diskun and the Disk System was not important to Nintendo History then you clearly don't know enough to be arguing against Diskun.

Gormanbros

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-3869-4592
So, call me Pollyanna, but I have a feeling that something Smash related could be at the Nintendo World launch party in 40 minutes or the Nintendo event at NY Comic-Con tomorrow. Eh, maybe I am just really hopeful. Haha.

courte

Smash Lord
Nope.

As smart as Sakurai and co. are, they don't always add the most unique or best characters in terms of moveset, playstyle, and skillset.

Hence why ROB got in over Mewtwo in Brawl.
adding a character in terms of moveset? that's ridiculous they make the moveset. there was a point where Mario had the FLUDD pack. I haven't been checking so i don't know if he still does, but Peach could very well have a cake, luigi a vaccuum, linka cross bow, ganon a horse, and bowser a koopa clown car. The list goes on. They do a pretty darn good job, but it's up the devs to also always do the best job they can, which an almost any fighter is rough. But especially in one as limited as smash

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
He is important. When you said relevance, I thought you meant he CURRENTLY had some significance to what's currently going on in Nintendo history. If you think Diskun and the Disk System was not important to Nintendo History then you clearly don't know enough to be arguing against Diskun.
You should probably tell us how exactly Diskun is/was important to Nintendo and not just blow off any comment against Diskun.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You should probably tell us how exactly Diskun is/was important to Nintendo and not just blow off any comment against Diskun.
It was a successful and notable add-on for the famicom, which is very significant to Nintendo's History. Diskun was the cute and notable mascot for this console. He appeared in many Famicom Disk System games as well, including one of which he was the main character.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
In all honesty, who else think that, when Sakurai said that there might be cuts due to time constrains, he was merely lying to avoid us from expecting a lot?

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
  • 3DS has limitations
  • Mii's inclusion might add a bit more time especially if customization is part of it
  • Cuts are very likely
Me going past 45 is even pushing it a bit.
- So over 45 characters is going over, but not the approximately 1000 full 3D models that will be in X and Y?

- That's assuming Mii's get in, and both Villager and Wii-Fit Trainer could suggest they won't

- Now that we have Toon Link, the only two characters that look like they could get the boot are Ike and Lucario, and both are justifiable.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
If it came out this year, that would be understandable for novice speculators who don't know much. But, now? Oh, hell no.
It still wouldn't make sense even if it was released when Wreck-It Ralph was released. Wreck-It Ralph is a movie character, made for a movie. Just because Nintendo let Bowser (didn't even let them have Mario :lol) have a cameo in there doesn't make Ralph eligible. Requesting Ralph is as dumb as requesting Thor.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I guess his chance at this point is very low. Like, smaller than N64 logo's chance (I'm not saying anything more on that topic, I shall never participate in N64 Logo discussion other than trying to end it when it gets out of hand) but I refuse to believe it's utterly impossible.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nope.

As smart as Sakurai and co. are, they don't always add the most unique or best characters in terms of moveset, playstyle, and skillset.

Hence why ROB got in over Mewtwo in Brawl.
No... R.O.B. got in over Ridley in Brawl, get your facts straight! :troll:

My proof? R.O.B. was too big! :awesome:

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I guess his chance at this point is very low. Like, smaller than N64 logo's chance (I'm not saying anything more on that topic, I shall never participate in N64 Logo discussion other than trying to end it when it gets out of hand) but I refuse to believe it's not utterly impossible.
I'm against the 64's N, but the GameCube G has gotta be in it, man.

Khoru

Smash Champion
sup guys
i just now noticed the forums were even back, so yeah

what's occuri- noah's avatar is diskun. please don't tell me he's supporting diskun

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
This looks like you're giving me a video and not backing up what it implies. Care to elaborate?
It just irritates me that people just toss these two characters out the window.

Replacing Ike, the 2nd most popular lord who had 2 installments for Fat Marth because muh recency. And simply making the same biggest mistake in Brawl, but reversing it by cutting Lucario for a previously cut character.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It still wouldn't make sense even if it was released when Wreck-It Ralph was released. Wreck-It Ralph is a movie character, made for a movie. Just because Nintendo let Bowser (didn't even let them have Mario :lol) have a cameo in there doesn't make Ralph eligible. Requesting Ralph is as dumb as requesting Thor.
You're being rather rude here, but I'll try not to be. (and I'm not exactly "requesting" him. )

Sakurai has never directly outright stated that a character has to originate on a video game to be able to get into Smash. And the arcade based game "Fix-It Felix" was released before the film IIRC.

Another thing, Ralph had managed to become a guest characer on Sonic All Stars Racing, so he might be able to continue appear in crossovers with other characters that had appeared in his film, as a guest, at least for perhaps one title.

This is all I got, and I admit it does not mean much, but I still do not see Ralph as "impossible."

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also, why the **** does every single human being ignore the fact that EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER IN THE ENTIRE FIRE EMBLEM FRANCHISE appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening, practically murdering the relevancy crap. Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem also looks like it's going in a similar path.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
You're being rather rude here, but I'll try not to be. (and I'm not exactly "requesting" him. )

Sakurai has never directly outright stated that a character has to originate on a video game to be able to get into Smash. And the arcade based game "Fix-It Felix" was released before the film IIRC.

Another thing, Ralph had managed to become a guest characer on Sonic All Stars Racing, so he might be able to continue appear in crossovers with other characters that had appeared in his film, as a guest, at least for perhaps one title.

This is all I got, and I admit it does not mean much, but I still do not see Ralph as "impossible."

There's a supposed rumor going on that Wreck it Ralph 2 could be in the works, and Mario would appear in it somewhere.
..but I read this shortly after the 1st movie came out so I don't know what's it's current status.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Danica Patrick also managed to become a guest character on Sonic All Stars Racing.

Danica Patrick confirmed as Captain Falcon clone!

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
It just irritates me that people just toss these two characters out the window.

Replacing Ike, the 2nd most popular lord who had 2 installments for Fat Marth because muh recency. And simply making the same biggest mistake in Brawl, but reversing it by cutting Lucario for a previously cut character.
...I'm impressed on how you interpreted my statement completely backwards. I said both were justifiable to stay, but if cuts were forced, those would be the first 2 to come to mind.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
...I'm impressed on how you interpreted my statement completely backwards. I said both were justifiable to stay, but if cuts were forced, those would be the first 2 to come to mind.
Well...

the only two characters that look like they could get the boot are Ike and Lucario, and both are justifiable.
It sounded like you implied they look like they are in a state where they could very well get the boot and that both would be justifiable to cut.

Gune

Smash Lord
Also, why the **** does every single human being ignore the fact that EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER IN THE ENTIRE FIRE EMBLEM FRANCHISE appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening, practically murdering the relevancy crap. Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem also looks like it's going in a similar path.
Apparently optional DLC means they aren't important.

courte

Smash Lord
because they need their own fighter[smash]

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yes, but they are optional DLC. You could play Awakening without ever seeing Marth, Ike, or Roy in the playthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom