• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So . . . . lets get this thread back on its main point
View attachment 3245

I made this roster a little while ago, character on the left are the actual character slots while the ones on the right are the extra character in specific spots
(don't need to specify which ones)
this is the roster I predict will happen in the end,
Changes:
[*]Total character slots 45 (50 characters)
[*]no veterans were cut
[*]snake returns as the final third party character
[*]Donkey Kong reps turn from 2 to 3 (King K. Rool)
[*]Kid Icarus reps turn from 1 to 2 (Palutena)
[*]Fire emblem reps turn from 2 to 3 (Chrom)
[*]One more retro rep added (Takamaru)
[*]Two more miscellaneous reps added (Little mac, Shulk)
[*]Mewtwo returns
Thoughts?
This is a pretty good roster. Although it could really use organization

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Replace Mii and Diskun with Ridley and Starfy then.
Not gonna do that. Those 2 are important. You may say Ridley is more important, but he's more important than a lot of characters in Melee & Brawl.

but I have learned to not question that decision of yours.
questioning =/= deconfirming a character for the wrong reasons.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't have room next to Samus. If I put Ridley there I'd have 49 Characters. I'm keeping a minimum of 48. That's like asking me to replace the random slot with Starfy.
Yes, you would have room next to Samus if you put Samus and Zero Suit Samus together in one slot like in Brawl. How hard can that be?

You are right... it's not fair to replace the random slot with Starfy... instead you should replace Diskun with Starfy. At least they are both yellow and they can spin but Starfy is more populalr. :troll:

courte

Smash Lord
can you ignore me too? i said that i like diskun, but not for the next game. perhaps for a handheld 2d retro heavy iteration in the vein of jump stars.

it seems that if someone doesn't 101% agree with you, they hate diskun.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yes, you would have room next to Samus if you put Samus and Zero Suit Samus together in one slot like in Brawl. How hard can that be?

You are right... it's not fair to replace the random slot with Starfy... instead you should replace Diskun with Starfy. At least they are both yellow and they can spin but Starfy is more populalr. :troll:
Starfy also happens to have more relevance to Smash.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
it seems that if someone doesn't 101% agree with you, they hate diskun.
That's not true. You can disagree with Diskun, but it should be for valid reasons. Not preferring him or him not being able to move would not be valid reasons. I'm not referring to you, though.

Question... why exactly 48?
Why not? It seems like a good why to implement enough characters while keeping the veterans from Brawl. I admit it's pushing it a bit, but 45 makes it difficult.

Starfy also happens to have more relevance to Smash.
Retro characters aren't suppose to be popular and relevant

courte

Smash Lord
Despite all of this, not matter what the roster is at the end of the day when the game releases, I'd like to play each and every one of you at least once... I just hope nintendo get's their **** together for online. Probably copping the Nintendo Zelda Wii U next month

Morbi

Scavenger
That's not true. You can disagree with Diskun, but it should be for valid reasons. Not preferring him or him not being able to move would not be valid reasons. I'm not referring to you, though.

Why not? It seems like a good why to implement enough characters while keeping the veterans from Brawl. I admit it's pushing it a bit, but 45 makes it difficult.

Retro characters aren't suppose to be popular and relevant
I said Starfy has more relevance to Smash. I wasn't calling him popular and relevant. I was alluding to his status as an assist trophy.

Despite all of this, not matter what the roster is at the end of the day when the game releases, I'd like to play each and every one of you at least once... I just hope nintendo get's their **** together for online. Probably copping the Nintendo Zelda Wii U next month
What if Jigglypuff jumps back to S tier? Think you can handle it? You would probably smoke me if she is unchanged. Haha.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I just made a roster of my own actually.
(please work Imgur. Please...)

Thoughts and opinions?

(I don't see Bandana Dee or Wreck-It Ralph as likely, mostly just added those two out of personal preference, though I believe Ralph has a decent chance and I'll still accept thoughts on him. Toon Zelda was partially out of personal preference)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I said Starfy has more relevance to Smash. I wasn't calling him popular and relevant. I was alluding to his status as an assist trophy.
Ridley and Starfy are the 2 characters I think will definitely get in that I don't have on my roster. Yes, I know that makes no sense.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I just made a roster of my own actually.
(please work Imgur. Please...)

Thoughts and opinions?

(I don't see Bandana Dee or Wreck-It Ralph as likely, mostly just added those two out of personal preference, though I believe Ralph has a decent chance and I'll still accept thoughts on him. Toon Zelda was partially out of personal preference)
No problem with the roster, but I don't see Ralph being the game, unless a movie is coming out soon to promote it. Which could get the game delayed.

courte

Smash Lord
oh arcadenik, leave it. Diskun discussion should be on the diskun thread. To be honest, after all this dust cleared, Nintendo could stand to do something with alot of it's old mascots, and they do pretty darn good with most of them these days, better than old mascots. Takamaru even picked up some ninja stars for some weird reason [guess i should play the original game, is it on the VC?] The one person who comes to mind who would be a great mascot is

CAPTAIN N THE GAME MASTER USING A METRIC BUTT TON OF NINTENDO PRODUCTS TO ATTACK!

Diskun as a projectile. Power glove to attack. Virtual Boy to stun. Duck hunt dog as a special move. R.O.B. as a walking... blow up thing. OMG I can see it now. It's Beautiful. How else do you get so much History appropriately?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So you admit Diskun isn't relevant to Nintendo's history, right? Glad we cleared that up. :troll:
BACKING IT UP HERE! I just read that comment more carefully. DISKUN ISN'T RELEVANT TO NINTENDO'S HISTORY? As in he had no significance ever? Wow, you must really be smoking something. :facepalm:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Paper Mario, Mega Man, Mii.
Mega Man is already playable, so he can't be a newcomer twice.

Paper Mario... eh. He could have unique moves, but honestly, few such unique moves would be functional.

As for Miis, eh, they're a blank slate kind of character. Sakurai and co. would need to have some specifics in mind with them, whereas with K. Rool, it is evident what he should do, and super easy, much like Diddy Kong (of whom many people guessed 2 or 3 of his specials easily).

While I get that they could use some Wii Sports moves (not the boxing gloves anymore, lol), they're still kind of generic moves, and there are few of them left that make any sense, unless they like attack almost exclusively with golf clubs, bats, tennis rackets, and jet skis! :laugh:

Thus, blank slate characters IMO should be put in their own category (like Miis and Pac-Man) away from characters with tons of inspiration (like K. Rool and Shulk).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
When did I say he was? Also when did you argue he wasn't?
Since you propped Diskun so much... you argued that Diskun is oh so important that he deserves to be in Smash (muh relevancy)... later you say retro characters don't have to be relevant to get in Smash... so Diskun's so-called importance isn't really necessary. So which is it? Would Diskun get in Smash because of muh relevancy or not? :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom