• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
when i first saw the pictures of them, i didn't even recognize them
And why not?

Because Marth looks like an actual female character when he is still a trap? Because Roy looks like he has two swords when he really have only one sword? Because Ike looks like this guy but with a sword arm when it is really just a weird angle?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Okay so here's the official launch countdown for X&Y http://www.nintendo.com/ yup right there on nintendo's homepage. Now, if nothing happens for smash thats Pokemon related im ganna be kinda upset! Fine if they don't wanna release a character, maybe they're all unlockable like in melee! But no pokemon stage? No pokeball item pokemon? Not even a little picture of Pikachu saying "congrats to X&Y!" or something? Way to celebrate smash team! I'm really trying to get my hopes back up for newcomer kalos trainer or mewtwo, I'm ready to have these feeble hopes crushed again!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Okay so here's the official launch countdown for X&Y http://www.nintendo.com/ yup right there on nintendo's homepage. Now, if nothing happens for smash thats Pokemon related im ganna be kinda upset! Fine if they don't wanna release a character, maybe they're all unlockable like in melee! But no pokemon stage? No pokeball item pokemon? Not even a little picture of Pikachu saying "congrats to X&Y!" or something? Way to celebrate smash team! I'm really trying to get my hopes back up for newcomer kalos trainer or mewtwo, I'm ready to have these feeble hopes crushed again!
I hope Mewtwo is revealed.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
But wouldn't the countdown already be at zero in Eastern Time?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
my bet still the same:pt:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also, why the **** does every single human being ignore the fact that EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER IN THE ENTIRE FIRE EMBLEM FRANCHISE appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening, practically murdering the relevancy crap. Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem also looks like it's going in a similar path.
And yet, people begin to spout it.

Still, the only characters that matter are the main characters in the games, specifically the solo main characters.

And seeing as how Marth and Roy trump all the pre-English localization Lords' games, I think we can ignore them.

That leaves us with Marth, Roy, Lyn, Ike, and Chrom. No one else, unless you don't want to be realistic at all.

Now when it comes down to it, the order is fairly certain: Marth > Ike > Roy/Chrom (this one is debatable) > Lyn in terms of likelihood.

We're at least guaranteed Marth and Ike, so we'll likely only get 2 Fire Emblem characters; possibly 3, and there is a slight chance for 4, but no more than that.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Meh it's too early to judge wheter the 6th gen. deserves a character. I don't think it's gettinga character.
Ehh, each newest gen got a rep in smash, Pichu and Lucario respectively, and with all the cross promotion it really wouldnt make sense to go back and get a unova rep, that age is kinda done now. A 6th gen rep doesnt seem too unreasonable to me seeing as 6th gen is out now pretty much and and smash 4 wont be released for some time, giving people plenty of time to get used to the new Pokemon.

Gune

Smash Lord
Every time I see it, I wonder why no one would want all the Pokémon and all the regions. That would be the best.

Maybe along with the level cap going up! :shades:
I'm still hoping that one day we get the best pokemon game ever with every gen and pokemon for console in amazing HD.
I smell victory for TeamLucario.:awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Am I the only one who isn't holding his breath for a Pokemon character reveal after the countdown hits zero?

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I'm still hoping that one day we get the best pokemon game ever with every gen and pokemon for console in amazing HD.

I smell victory for TeamLucario.:awesome:
A victory for the "No one" duo has already happened! Victory for the Lasifer!

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
I would be astonished if Fire Emblem did not, at the very least, warrant a third character slot, whether or not Roy, Chrom, or another character altogether. Marth and Ike should pretty much be mainstays, yet I suspect at least one more character will join the ranks. The established series is more than deserving of such accommodation.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Meh it's too early to judge wheter the 6th gen. deserves a character. I don't think it's gettinga character.
Let's see which Pokémon "stands out" as one that could be functional in a smash bros game, as well as a well-received addition to the roster.

In Gen 4 it was clearly Lucario, and Lucario was/is uber popular; Gen 5 had Zoroark, albeit Zoroark had mixed reception in terms of potential as a playable character (much like Pichu before it).

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Ehh, each newest gen got a rep in smash, Pichu and Lucario respectively, and with all the cross promotion it really wouldnt make sense to go back and get a unova rep, that age is kinda done now. A 6th gen rep doesnt seem too unreasonable to me seeing as 6th gen is out now pretty much and and smash 4 wont be released for some time, giving people plenty of time to get used to the new Pokemon.
Good point. Though, I think that, rather than promoting the sixth generation with a Pokemon, they can also represent the gen with a concept or rather, multiple concepts, with the veteran Pokemons. For example, we can have Mewtwo and Lucario (and to a lesser extent, Charizard) representing Mega Evolutions, Jigglypuff representing Fairy type, and Trainer and his Pokemons representing the fact that you can acquire the original starters in X&Y. Y'know, that kind of stuff.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Smash representation doesn't work that way. Pichu only got in because it was an easy clone and in fact, if clones weren't on the table it would've just been completely 1st gen reps in Melee. Lucario got in on his own merits and has proven to be quite the mainstay in the franchise what with his constant appearances in the games, anime and merchandise. Aside from MegaMewtwo X/Y (who's Mewtwo's new forms), Gen 6 has nothing close to that or any other Pokémon rep in terms of popularity or importance in the immediate future and it's highly doubtful that any will get to that level at this point considering the characters have probably already been set looking back at the production periods of Melee and Brawl and there won't be enough time for them to sink in.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

If there is no character reveal, I would be like this...

If there is a character reveal, I would be like this...

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Well...

It sounded like you implied they look like they are in a state where they could very well get the boot and that both would be justifiable to cut.
If I said "Lucario and Ike are justifiable to be cut", how much sense would it make as a counter for "cuts are very likely"?

Oh well, it's just a misunderstanding. No big deal.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Gen 6 will get a rep in the form of Mewtwo because he's the poster-boy for this gen if it wasn't made obvious enough already. If there was another, we already would have seen them in promotional material.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
We've gone mad. We want a reveal so much we're expecting Sakurai to make an exception and update the website on a weekend.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Say, it'd be cool if we got the reveal Saturday. It's not a guaranteed no, as Olimar and Toon Link were revealed on the day of release. Could happen for Pokemon too, as unlikely as it is. Won't count on it, but it'd be awesome. :estatic:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Good point. Though, I think that, rather than promoting the sixth generation with a Pokemon, they can also represent the gen with a concept or rather, multiple concepts, with the veteran Pokemons. For example, we can have Mewtwo and Lucario (and to a lesser extent, Charizard) representing Mega Evolutions, Jigglypuff representing Fairy type, and Trainer and his Pokemons representing the fact that you can acquire the original starters in X&Y. Y'know, that kind of stuff.
Oh no yeah, I definitely see Jigglypuff getting a new side B like fairy wind and Mewtwo or Lucario to have Mega Evolutions and all. I was just really torn on Pokemon Trainer...I originally said Kalos but then went back to Kanto since Kanto Starters, Pokemon Origins, and Mega Evolutions, but I just figured Mega Evolutions had been covered by Mewtwo or someone else so...maybe they'd want to feature actual new pokemon? And after the strange treatment a seemingly inevitable Pokemon reveal has gotten, Im very suspicious on a 'Newcomer!' simply since we havent seen another since E3 and cant even begin to make a pattern on how they work. Perhaps they can break rules and be announced on weekends! I dunno! But with how Sonic's WARNING sign is gone and a brand new pokemon game is coming out on pretty much the exact day Sakurai likes to reveal characters I cant help but feel suspicious that a newcomer is coming! But who is a newcomer?
Not Jigglypuff, not Lucario, not Kanto Pokemon Trainer... but Mewtwo technically as he was in retirement in Brawl, or someone we haven't seen before at all...like Kalos Pokemon Trainer. Seeing as Mewtwo was, and I think should remain, unlockable, I can only see it being a trainer since thats the only other Pokemon starter we've got in the series.
That's my full logic on why I think Kalos Trainer is the next character to be revealed! Sorry for the essay XD

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Say, it'd be cool if we got the reveal Saturday. It's not a guaranteed no, as Olimar and Toon Link were revealed on the day of release. Could happen for Pokemon too, as unlikely as it is. Won't count on it, but it'd be awesome. :estatic:
Shoot, it's already out in Japan, huh? Phooey. I checked the Japanese site, and nothing.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh no yeah, I definitely see Jigglypuff getting a new side B like fairy wind and Mewtwo or Lucario to have Mega Evolutions and all. I was just really torn on Pokemon Trainer...I originally said Kalos but then went back to Kanto since Kanto Starters, Pokemon Origins, and Mega Evolutions, but I just figured Mega Evolutions had been covered by Mewtwo or someone else so...maybe they'd want to feature actual new pokemon? And after the strange treatment a seemingly inevitable Pokemon reveal has gotten, Im very suspicious on a 'Newcomer!' simply since we havent seen another since E3 and cant even begin to make a pattern on how they work. Perhaps they can break rules and be announced on weekends! I dunno! But with how Sonic's WARNING sign is gone and a brand new pokemon game is coming out on pretty much the exact day Sakurai likes to reveal characters I cant help but feel suspicious that a newcomer is coming! But who is a newcomer?
Not Jigglypuff, not Lucario, not Kanto Pokemon Trainer... but Mewtwo technically as he was in retirement in Brawl, or someone we haven't seen before at all...like Kalos Pokemon Trainer. Seeing as Mewtwo was, and I think should remain, unlockable, I can only see it being a trainer since thats the only other Pokemon starter we've got in the series.
That's my full logic on why I think Kalos Trainer is the next character to be revealed! Sorry for the essay XD
There is no way it is going to be Kalos Trainer. Sora Ltd. isn't going to develop 3 brand new Pokemon when all of the stars line up for Kanto Trainer. I honestly don't know if I should expect Kanto Trainer or Charizard.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Why would we get a reveal 2 days after the release? either we get it around Saturday or we get no pkmn this month which would be shocking....seriously wtf sakurai.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
There is no way it is going to be Kalos Trainer. Sora Ltd. isn't going to develop 3 brand new Pokemon when all of the stars line up for Kanto Trainer. I honestly don't know if I should expect Kanto Trainer or Charizard.
Okay we'll see. Why would he just put Charizard though? I can see Kanto Trainer coming back totally but to bring back a veteran minus two transformations doesn't make a lot of sense. Like bringing just Sheik or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom