• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I actually played DK64 and beat it. It's my favorite game, and I'm aware of everything King K. Rool can do. I'm just saying he's not on the level you described him. You announced him the character with THE most potential.
What other character could have a more potentially unique moveset than K. Rool=???

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You know what? I'm going to make a roster of users on Smashboards.
It will be my life's work.
ManlySpirit already made such a roster.
Add Saturn and Deity as clones of each other.
thethirdkoopa, Habanero, and I already did that.

(click the link on the left on my signature whenever it shows up for proof).

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
If everybody on the roster had to take a moveset from a character in Smash who's moveset would they get?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Paper Mario, Mega Man, Mii.
I discussed Paper Mario and we both conceded Mega Man. Mii, if he gets just generic punches and kicks with customizable strength/range/speed, is quite cookie cutter, while if he gets various sports equipment, he'd be swinging weapons in different directions and shooting projectile balls. K. Rool can do both of those, though granted, he has yet to dress up as Hitler, Obama or a Harry Wang.

In terms of who would be unique in game? That's anyone's guess, and it largely hinges on what Sakurai envisions for the character. Please don't confuse uniqueness with potential for uniqueness.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You mean the Mario/Link "I don't say or do anything special" archetype=??? :awesome:
It always annoys me when people use the "he has no personality" as a reason why that character shouldn't be in Smash or would be a boring character. Last I checked, personality isn't one of Sakurai's criteria.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
So . . . . lets get this thread back on its main point
Empty Roster.png

I made this roster a little while ago, character on the left are the actual character slots while the ones on the right are the extra character in specific spots
(don't need to specify which ones)
this is the roster I predict will happen in the end,
Changes:
[*]Total character slots 45 (50 characters)
[*]no veterans were cut
[*]snake returns as the final third party character
[*]Donkey Kong reps turn from 2 to 3 (King K. Rool)
[*]Kid Icarus reps turn from 1 to 2 (Palutena)
[*]Fire emblem reps turn from 2 to 3 (Chrom)
[*]One more retro rep added (Takamaru)
[*]Two more miscellaneous reps added (Little mac, Shulk)
[*]Mewtwo returns
Thoughts?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
To get back on topic here is a Japanese roster. (If I had room for 2 characters I'd add Ridley and Starfy.)
Full Roster 6.4.JAPANESE.png

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
To get back on topic here is a Japanese roster. (If I had room for 2 characters I'd add Ridley and Starfy.)
View attachment 3246
Yeah, if you had room next to Samus.

I think ZSS should share the same slot as "regular" Samus and be selected by toggling the character profile, like Sheik and Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon.
Unlike those two, ZSS doesn't share a Down B and has a full moveset, but I still see her as a "half-character".

-----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom