• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
IMO Olimar, Paper Mario, Mr. Game & Watch.
I was asking about newcomers, although I'll still bite. Olimar is unique in that he's capable of extracting a single weapon with differing properties and sending it in multiple directions at multiple speeds. K. Rool can do this with his blunderbuss. Game and Watch is a blank slate that generates items out of hammerspace. K. Rool too can become a blank slate if he's included wearing a new "Fighter K. Rool" costume in which he attacks with random chairs and other parodying moves. Paper Mario is unique in that he summons partners and changes forms. K. Rool has multiple costumed forms to change into as well, and can bring minions into battle as well.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
STOP TALKING ABOUT DISKUN.

OK REACTION QUESTION TIME THEN: All classes from TF2 get into Smash 4, how would you react?
I would be...
happy?
But then I realize that TF2 gets more reps than Mario, and I get angry.
But if it happens, throw in Saxton Hale and 2Fort as a stage.
Man, my friends have possessed me. They really have.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Damn, this thread is really going to hell. Let's try to stay on topic and ease up on the memes and the general irrelevance. Thanks.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Was the topic Little Mac before?
I definitely think he would be a starter.
And there is literally no doubt in my mind that he makes it in the game. 0. Zip. I am 100% confident in it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I didn't say he had no potential. I'm saying he doesn't have as much potential as you gave him credit for.
Just watch the boss fights with him from DKC1-3 plus DK64. Literally his funny antics, his awesome funny items, and just how he moves is amazing.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the DKC2 gun. That could be like the greatest special move that's a projectile ever.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Was the topic Little Mac before?
I definitely think he would be a starter.
And there is literally no doubt in my mind that he makes it in the game. 0. Zip. I am 100% confident in it.
I'd say there's some doubt, but why else would we have something so stupid as a boxing arena in this fighting game?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
(actually I'd be interested to see exactly how Medic or Spy would work in Smash...or even Engineer)
Medic would be a great teammate. Engineer would be very interesting, but Spy would be the cheap one
Which friends?
NOT ME RIGHT!?
Don't worry: My school friends who talk about TF2 99% of the time.

New topic: Sakurai loves Smashboards so much that he decides to create a game using the users from the boards. Who would make the cut?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Just watch the boss fights with him from DKC1-3 plus DK64. Literally his funny antics, his awesome funny items, and just how he moves is amazing.
I actually played DK64 and beat it. It's my favorite game, and I'm aware of everything King K. Rool can do. I'm just saying he's not on the level you described him. You announced him the character with THE most potential.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Speaking of who's going to be starters:
Full Roster 6.3 LOCKED.png

If Chrom and King K. Rool get in I predict they will be starters as well.

Morbi

Scavenger
Medic would be a great teammate. Engineer would be very interesting, but Spy would be the cheap one

Don't worry: My school friends who talk about TF2 99% of the time.

New topic: Sakurai loves Smashboards so much that he decides to create a game using the users from the boards. Who would make the cut?
I know I would. I have a unique gimmick. Liking everyone's posts would finally pay off. I am relevant!

Maybe that one guy who has like 20,000 posts would make it too.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also I will be blunt and say that I do hate Isaac's character archetype. You know, the RPG Hero archetype. Not going to sugar coat it.

Still, I have a lot more confidence with Isaac being distinctive over the likes of Chrom if that is encouraging.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Morbid would be a guest character that uses Likes for his attacks.

Seriously, though. How about the odds of another Pikmin rep?
Odds of another Pikmin rep are non-existant. I love Pikmin but it doesn't warrant another character spot nor does it have a ton of potential for a newcomer to be entirely different from Olimar. Just change Olimar's Up B to a Pink Pikmin and do something with the Rock Pikmin, Sakurai.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If I was in, my tier would be.. Wait for it .......

TOO DAMN HIGH
You spelled Britney incorrectly in your avatar.

Now anyway, assuming there are three Fire Emblem characters this time, how many do you think will be starters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom