• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Personally I like Shulk over Isaac because he simply can offer more. I guess it's more of a prospective of the franchise as a whole then the character itself, though at the same time the idea of the Monado's special powers does interest me.
I gotta disagree. I think Isaac's potential moveset is probably the best potential moveset of any potential newcomer second to only K. Rool.

As for his playstyle... eh... that's where the debate is.

But regardless, Shulk has priority, because his franchise is now a bigger part of Nintendo's present and future.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm just curious, what exactly is GameFAQ's Super Smash Brothers community like?
Okay.

Pretend for a minute you are logic.

Now get a friend, give him a hammer, and have him smack you right in the balls.

THERE!!! YOU NOW PHYSICALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT GAMEFAQ'S SMASH COMMUNITY IS LIKE!!!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
ROB was well known in the 80s and because of Starfox
KI sold 1.76m in the NES days which is good
IC sold 1.50 it was also popular
You seem to be neglecting that those games are very old and thus aren't on the radar of the average Joe during the Melee/Brawl days, to casuals they're unknowns.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Between the spectacular intelligence of GameFAQ's "Who is more adorable? Wario, Snake, or Ganondorf?", "List of reasons why a SSB anime would/wouldn't work", and, of course, "Who's likely to be confirmed? Tin Man, Gogo Dodo, or Peewee Herman?" joke(?) threads, I instantly regret my visitation.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You seem to be neglecting that those games are very old and thus aren't on the radar of the average Joe during the Melee/Brawl days, to casuals they're unknowns.
And yet to the adults who can afford to buy the game without needing their parents to give them allowances remembered those characters. :awesome:

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
What do you mean he can offer more? Shulk's moveset would largely revolve around the Monado and its powers, which granted, can do many things, but he has a limited amount of attacks. Not to say Isaac's potential is unlimited, but he has literally dozens of potential psynergy attacks from multiple elements, as well as djinn, summons, and just regular swordplay (in which his sword also can have special abilities and unleash effects).

Shulk's not a bad character, far from it, but there are few characters that have the range or scope of Isaac.

What I appreciate the most about Isaac as far as his moveset potential goes is that he encompasses the playstyle of a magic-knight, a style we have yet to see in Smash. If we even wanted to expand his movepool beyond Psynergy, Djinn, and Summons Isaac also has access to a wide range of howling weaponry ranging from a variety of swords to maces and axes each with their own signature attack.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Between the spectacular intelligence of GameFAQ's "Who is more adorable? Wario, Snake, or Ganondorf?", "List of reasons why a SSB anime would/wouldn't work", and, of course, "Who's likely to be confirmed? Tin Man, Gogo Dodo, or Peewee Herman?" joke(?) threads, I instantly regret my visitation.
1st Snake, 2nd It would definitly work and, 3rd Pewee Herman

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I am not trying to single you out, but why do people ask this? If you want to change the topic, change it. It is really that simple.
Well, generally topics that start out of huge topics people are talking about get overshadowed. For example, that Isaac/Shulk topic. I need a general consensus that this topic is ****.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What I appreciate the most about Isaac as far as his moveset potential goes is that he encompasses the playstyle of a magic-knight, a style we have yet to see in Smash. If we even wanted to expand his movepool beyond Psynergy, Djinn, and Summons Isaac also has access to a wide range of howling weaponry ranging from a variety of swords to maces and axes each with their own signature attack.
That's true, Isaac has multiple weapons he can wield as well, I just left them out because I find him being implemented with anything but a longsword (even if it has the effects of other weapons) fairly unlikely. But you're right, it is just another area in which Isaac has potential for diversity.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If you could get a Final Fantasy character, who would you choose?

I'd choose the Black Mage.
Terra Branford, the main character of Final Fantasy VI.

Final Fantasy VI is the best Final Fantasy game (maybe sans Tactics and Tactics Advance).

Plus, I bet her potential moveset and playstyle could be freaking sa-wheat!!!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Terra Branford, the main character of Final Fantasy VI.

Final Fantasy VI is the best Final Fantasy game (maybe sans Tactics and Tactics Advance).

Plus, I bet her potential moveset and playstyle could be freaking sa-wheat!!!

Flint Lockwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom