• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
For quite possibly the final time.

Here is my roster, with DLC choices at the bottom.

I will be going to bed, but I will answer any questions later tomorrow.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What exactly is badass about Pac-Man? I see Lloyd as a lot more badass than that yellow circle with a creepy smile. He scares me!

Seriously though guys, less than TWO DAYS! We're almost there.
The fact that he fought a blood thirsty Wolverine-esque bear that towers above him moreso than any Tales monster compared to Lloyd in size and can actually fight the one thing Lloyd can't fight: ghosts. Also, he would like to have a word with you. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Lol, no one seemed to question the one Namco-Bandai character I said I'd kill for. :laugh:

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
Man, it's been forever since I last posted, doubt anybody remembers me, haha. So, I never really see any discussion of Ray MKIII, or Ray01 on here. Anybody feel like Custom Robo deserves a character? I don't know if any of y'all have played a Custom Robo game before, but it's easily one of my favorite Nintendo franchises. I mean, it has had like 5 or so games. What are your opinions?

D

Deleted member

Man, it's been forever since I last posted, doubt anybody remembers me, haha. So, I never really see any discussion of Ray MKIII, or Ray01 on here. Anybody feel like Custom Robo deserves a character? I don't know if any of y'all have played a Custom Robo game before, but it's easily one of my favorite Nintendo franchises. I mean, it has had like 5 or so games. What are your opinions?
My preferred new series rep for the game and I like robots as well, so that appeals me to Ray as well. Unfortunately, he has no shot of getting in.

D

Deleted member

Leomons cool and all. but he would probobly be killed really easily
That's what Smash is all about, right? :troll:

Event Match #Whatever: Sacrificial Lion
Player: Leomon at 300%
Opponent: 3 evil opponents that are invulnerable.
Goal: Survive at least 10 seconds.

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
My preferred new series rep for the game and I like robots as well, so that appeals me to Ray as well. Unfortunately, he has no shot of getting in.
'Tis quite the shame....Especially considering how it could kick start series again... Man, if I saw on the Sm4sh Bros. Dojo, that Ray was added, all the windows in a 7 square mile area of my computer would be shattered from the high decibels of my little girl shreek :laugh:

memememe

Smash Apprentice
Some bold roster predictions--

Removed Characters:
-Pokemon Trainer
-Snake
-Lucario
-Ike

Added Characters:
-Paper Mario
-King K. Rool
-Ridley
-Palutena
-Dark Pit
-Mewtwo (in new form, represents the 6th Gen)
-Isaac
-Chrom
-Little Mac
-KK Slider
-Sheriff (WTF character)
-Nightmare (from Soul Calibur)

The total roster size is now 49 characters with 13 newcomers (less than Brawl).

I suppose a few of these deserve explanations. Most of these are popular entries in each series and are highly requested. However, much like Brawl, I ensured that there were some glaring omissions. I'm actually preparing for the roster to look a lot like this--it's got a lot of the highly requested characters and the surprises the series is known for while still excluding some popular requests. A few explanations:

-I'm kind of convinced that Sheriff is both the retro AND WTF character; the character that has held that slot for the past few entries has always harbored significance to the Nintendo series (Game and Watch then ROB.) Sheriff was technically Nintendo's FIRST protagonist in an arcade game. I have a hunch he'll be showing up this time around and turn a LOT of heads.

-I chose Nightmare because although Pac-Man is the obvious choice, I'm guessing the team thinks it'd be tough to fit in the context of a fighting game. Mega Man I'm assuming Capcom would decline given their recent behavior towards the series, and Sonic is more than likely to return. Given the complications involved with dealing with other 3rd parties, it would be best to only include one more and it be from a Namco game. Namco's got both Tekken and Soul Calibur under their belt, and given Heihachi Mishima's role in Playstation All-Stars, I'd assume that Tekken is largely ignored for the next Smash Bros. I'm left with Nightmare to rep Namco, and damn wouldn't that rule--this installment's Snake.

-Dark Pit is this game's Pokemon Trainer or Dr. Mario--the WTF character that appears from an already represented installment.

-Chrom replaces Ike as the Fire Emblem "flavor of the week"

-KK Slider--occurs just as often as Tom Nook and I would see him as the unofficial mascot of the series. Uses a move set one would expect the Animal Crosser or Tom Nook to have.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Lol nice try but no where does it say Sakurai specifically said "I won't add Namco characters" as you stated earlier. It's just Harada-something (who crested the Tekken series if im not mustaken) saying Tekken or SC characters may not be added.

I'd be cool with Pac Man. Prefer Nightmare or Lloyd but I think Pac Man would be surprising.
Lol, nice try, but I didn't say "Sakurai won't add Namco characters" I said "He's not not gonna add Namco characters just because they're helping with the game. But, I guess the point was the character decisions are up to him. Meaning he's gonna add third-party character that HE would decide. Not that Namco would decide. I think the only reason he WOULD add Pac-Man is because Namco is helping. And that's not actually a big reason to add him anymore. The point being the fact that Namco is working on the game has nothing to do with WHO is gonna be in the roster.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't think we should exactly expect cuts, for now at least. Let's wait until the scenario is actually proposed first like last time, then we'll start to worry. Until then, everyone is "safe".

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman

Removed Characters:
-Pokemon Trainer
-Snake
-Lucario
-Ike

Added Characters:
-Paper Mario
-King K. Rool
-Ridley
-Palutena
-Dark Pit
-Isaac
-Chrom
-Little Mac
-KK Slider
-Sheriff (WTF character)

I suppose a few of these deserve explanations. Most of these are popular entries in each series and are highly requested. However, much like Brawl, I ensured that there were some glaring omissions. I'm actually preparing for the roster to look a lot like this--it's got a lot of the highly requested characters and the surprises the series is known for while still excluding some popular requests. A few explanations:

-I'm kind of convinced that Sheriff is both the retro AND WTF character; the character that has held that slot for the past few entries has always harbored significance to the Nintendo series (Game and Watch then ROB.) Sheriff was technically Nintendo's FIRST protagonist in an arcade game. I have a hunch he'll be showing up this time around and turn a LOT of heads.

-I chose Nightmare because although Pac-Man is the obvious choice, I'm guessing the team thinks it'd be tough to fit in the context of a fighting game. Mega Man I'm assuming Capcom would decline given their recent behavior towards the series, and Sonic is more than likely to return. Given the complications involved with dealing with other 3rd parties, it would be best to only include one more and it be from a Namco game. Namco's got both Tekken and Soul Calibur under their belt, and given Heihachi Mishima's role in Playstation All-Stars, I'd assume that Tekken is largely ignored for the next Smash Bros. I'm left with Nightmare to rep Namco, and damn wouldn't that rule--this installment's Snake.

-Dark Pit is this game's Pokemon Trainer or Dr. Mario--the WTF character that appears from an already represented installment.

-KK Slider--occurs just as often as Tom Nook and I would see him as the unofficial mascot of the series. Uses a move set one would expect the Animal Crosser or Tom Nook to have.

I seriously doubt the exclusion of the Pokemon Trainer. Very seriously doubt it. I'm not so keen on the removal of the other 3, either. Sheriff is definitely an interesting idea, I just don't personally see him as a character, over Takamaru, Mach Rider, etc. I also don't really see KK Slider getting in over Tom Nook, If (and it's a pretty big if) we get a Animal Crossing character. Now, Nightmare would be insanely awesome, me being a HUGE Soul Calibur fan. Unfortunately, I doubt it, though, I wouldn't have predicted Snake getting in either. I would love seeing a rematch between Link and Nightmare, though. :) Great post, love reading peoples opinions!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Removed Characters:
-Pokemon Trainer
-Snake
-Lucario
-Ike

Added Characters:
-Paper Mario
-King K. Rool
-Ridley
-Palutena
-Dark Pit
-Isaac
-Chrom
-Little Mac
-KK Slider
-Sheriff (WTF character)

WHOA WHOA WHOA. Why would we get rid of Poke'mon Trainer? You just removed 3 Poke'mon reps. He's like one of THE best ideas for a character in SSB.

Why would we put in Dark Pit when he's nothing more than a black colored Pit, which not to mention is already available in brawl.

Also yeah I'm really expecting Sheriff.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Cutting Pokemon Trainer is dumb. You're cutting the main character of the Pokemon games.

Dark Pit would be better as an alt costume with a voice swap.

KK Slider is not happening. Sakurai already sank and nuked that ship.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Lol, nice try, but I didn't say "Sakurai won't add Namco characters" I said "He's not not gonna add Namco characters just because they're helping with the game. But, I guess the point was the character decisions are up to him. Meaning he's gonna add third-party character that HE would decide. Not that Namco would decide. I think the only reason he WOULD add Pac-Man is because Namco is helping. And that's not actually a big reason to add him anymore. The point being the fact that Namco is working on the game has nothing to do with WHO is gonna be in the roster.
I still have yet to hear from Sakurai's concerning that statement. In addition, there's nothing in that article that suggests Sakurai won't add Namco characters just because Namco is working on the new SSB. The only thing it confirms is that people are split about Tekken/Soul caliber characters, Namco is not sure about adding Tekken characters, and that Sakurai as full control of game design. There isn't even a Sakurai quote in your article. It's just Harada's observations and opinions of Namco's involvement. In fact, it never even matches other Namco characters. Just Tekken and Soul Caliber.

I'm not arguing your point anymore. I'm pointing out your inability to find sources and present a valid argument. As well as the fact that you also say one thing, and when cause BS on you; you throw up your hands and say "that's not what I meant!" And then give an elaborate reason why we are wrong to accuse you and then playing the "hurt victim".

Although, I do admit that I misquoted you on "there won't be any Namco characters" but.....what you said "Sakurai SAID there won't add Namco characters just because Namco is helping." That is still baseless and unproven UNLESS you have some sort of verification from Sakurai in the form of a interview or document. Like I said, all that article proved is that Namco is not sure about adding Tekken characters, fans are split, and, ultimately, it's all up to Salurai. Again, Sakurai never said "I won't add Namco characters just because they are helping with the game" in that article.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
For quite possibly the final time.

Here is my roster, with DLC choices at the bottom.

I will be going to bed, but I will answer any questions later tomorrow.
The only flaw I see in this roster is that I just don't think we will get that many characters. But if we were to get that many this would be about perfect and each entry makes alot of sense (aside from paper Mario who I resent seeing there).

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Cutting Pokemon Trainer is dumb. You're cutting the main character of the Pokemon games.
N with Zoroark, Carracosta, and Archeops should replace Pokemon Trainer. Represents an important villain in B/W + B2/W2 and stops all those in the Zoroark camp from *****ing that he doesn't get in place over Mewtwo.

D

Deleted member

That's just trading one demon (wrath of Mewtwo fans) for another (wrath of Pokémon Trainer fans).

Not a wise move.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Assuming Pikachu and Jigglypuff are permanent and the series rep size stays at 4, we have Lucario and Pokemon Trainer possibly up for cut. I'm sure the tradition of having the 'mascot' Pokemon of Gens V & VI will continue. So everyone is torn between Lucario, Mewtwo/Newtwo, Zoroark, or someone we haven't seen yet.

I can see an unfortunate sacrifice being made. Pokemon Trainer fans might feel aped for having a character with a similar gimmick and not having the Gen I Pokemon. Know I'm even questioning if it's worth killing two birds with one stone.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
'Tradition'?
There is no tradition.
I think what he is saying that lots of people want all three of the bipedal mascots of the last three generations. So his solution is to cut the pokemon trainer. I wouldn't really care about this decision if it weren't that pokemon trainer has a unique aspect to him. I really don't think any characters that unique will get cut kind of like ice climbers. The way I see it, out of the three mascots we will get one or MAYBE two of them, and the one will be newtwo. So it's really a decision of whether sakurai wants to stick with 4 slots and focus on other series or whether he prefers bringing lucario back, or creating a new moveset for zoroark. I would actually be happy to see zoroark because its illusion abilities give it the potential to have a very interesting moveset, but I really don't see zoroark happening.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Noler_Mass said:
I think what he is saying that lots of people want all three of the bipedal mascots of the last three generations.
Yes! Exactly what I was going for.

Don't tell me that each Smash game doesn't follow trends through.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
N with Zoroark, Carracosta, and Archeops should replace Pokemon Trainer. Represents an important villain in B/W + B2/W2 and stops all those in the Zoroark camp from *****ing that he doesn't get in place over Mewtwo.
that sounds awful... just really bad. and ur overestimating how many people actually care about Zoroark being in the game. those 3 pokemon are terrible replacements for Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
The only flaw I see in this roster is that I just don't think we will get that many characters. But if we were to get that many this would be about perfect and each entry makes alot of sense (aside from paper Mario who I resent seeing there).

I am really curious as to how many new characters we'll get. If I recall correctly it's been 12-13 new reps for each new game so far, not counting cuts, but the roster is getting pretty large. I could see us getting less new characters this time, maybe 8-9.

Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard should not go anywhere. They are absolutely iconic. Cutting Mewtwo was rough enough, but if you cut those three, you will make a lot of people angry, even if they are replaced with a trainer from a later generation.

If we get a new Zelda rep, which we may, I think it'll be Toon Zelda/Tetra to round out the Wind Waker representation and promote the upcoming HD re-release. Tingle also gives WW more representation, but it'd be odd for Nintendo to put him in when the other half of the traditional Zelda main character duo is missing.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Out of N's available Pokemon in his final battle, I can really see those three as being the choices. I don't think having ice cream fight would be well received.

Maybe N can't work. Sure there could be others to consider such as the Trainers from other regions or an Elite Four member. Pokemon Trainer (Red) works because his three are recognizable and have popularity with Pokemon fans in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom