• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Does anybody else feel Muddy Mole would just be awkward. If there was a trailer I could imagine it's like:

THE ONE YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR......

he falls from the sky and lands in a cool pose and then just turns around

*SLAM*

Print says "Newcomer: MUDDY MOLE"

And we're like

YEAAA- Uh.......yeh sure, okay. :ohwell:

Guy in the back: Wait, who's muddy mole again?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Jigglypuff <- Mario -> Bowser
That basically describes it in a nutshell.
So it's a combination of 3 of the most boring characters to play in Smash? Great! Seriously though, we already have the weak, balanced, strong thing with Pokemon trainer, we don't need it again.

D

Deleted member

I can't imagine it in Smash without it looking weird, also that would be one awkward hit box.
Characters such as Arbok (who I made a moveset for on a whim a while back, by the way) do not need limbs to be viable.
They move just fine without them (slithering), can grab items, ledges, and opponents just fine (either with tail or mouth), and as for hitbox, the entire body doesn't need to be a hitbox in itself; As long as Mewtwo's tail is, a fraction of it does not even have a hitbox. It has a hurtbox when he swings his tail, but no hitbox.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Does anybody else feel Muddy Mole would just be awkward. If there was a trailer I could imagine it's like:

*SLAM*

And we're like

i'd rather his head pop out of the ground and he'd just look around confused

*Slam*
Newcomer: Muddy Mole

D

Deleted member

Characters such as Arbok (who I made a moveset for on a whim a while back, by the way) do not need limbs to be viable.
They move just fine without them (slithering), can grab items, ledges, and opponents just fine (either with tail or mouth), and as for hitbox, the entire body doesn't need to be a hitbox in itself; As long as Mewtwo's tail is, a fraction of it does not even have a hitbox. It has a hurtbox when he swings his tail, but no hitbox.
This makes me wish that Sakurai would consider Slime as a potential third-party. He may not have limbs, but he is clearly capable of combat and with enough efforts, he could work out well. Sadly, third-party status along with the Mr. Saturn comment is what will keep Slime from ever getting in.

D

Deleted member

This makes me wish that Sakurai would consider Slime as a potential third-party. He may not have limbs, but he is clearly capable of combat and with enough efforts, he could work out well. Sadly, third-party status along with the Mr. Saturn comment is what will keep Slime from ever getting in.
Characters like Slime are in a different category than what I'm talking about.
It requires a bit more effort making a limbless ball viable.

Not that it can't be done given what Slime can do, but the situation isn't quite as exact as a serpentine character.

And why Slime when you can go Ultra Slime? :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

*SLAM*

And we're like

The surprise factor would be one of the more interesting things about him, in my opinion. A retro character that was long forgotten coming back through Smash? Sure, people would scratch their heads in confusion at first, but then they'd play as him, notice an interesting playstyle, and BAM! Interest is aroused, and fans are born.

That being said, I don't think that Muddy would be 1st-trailer material at all. He'd definitely either be an unlockable or a Dojo reveal.

D

Deleted member

Fair enough, except isn't Ultra Slime ineligible (only appeared in Dragon Quest VIII IIRC for the PS2).

D

Deleted member

Fair enough, except isn't Ultra Slime ineligible (only appeared in Dragon Quest VIII IIRC for the PS2).
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 is where Ultra Slime is from.

the one in Dragon Quest VIII known as "Ultrus the Ultra Slime" is really just a King Slime (or a "super" King Slime, I guess).

EDIT: Joker 2 also introduced a villainous counterpart to go with Ultra Slime, Nemeslime.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Nintendo should totally do this. They show a silhouette that looks like Mega Man and then it turns out that it was actually Slime. :laugh:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Man how cool would it be if every character got reviled through an epic trailer like Brawl's reveal. That'd be great.
Individual character reveal trailers are one of the things I definitely hope they do. Obviously, not all in the same trailer, but over time, just reveal them through a trailer. Like what they did with Sonic.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Do trailers similar to the ones PSASBR had for each individual character. Show off the character and then show their gameplay abilities.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Just want to say, to those of you who think Pac-Man isn't sutible as a fighter, watch this and tell me that you're not the least bit intemidated by him.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=htQOtavDPmk

Individual character reveal trailers are one of the things I definitely hope they do. Obviously, not all in the same trailer, but over time, just reveal them through a trailer. Like what they did with Sonic.
That would be cool too.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
In before Kuma comes in and says that "all they could do is put him in a mech because he's got nothing" again despite the mech being used in conjunction to the ridiculous take on Mega Man in the same game. :rolleyes:
Admittedly that would still be a fun moveset in a Smash setting. (plus it's a way to rep two franchises i guess) I'd still prefer him to use his own moves though.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Individual character reveals would be great! Release each trailer under a "new challenger" section of the supposed dojo to get a brief glimpse at them, and you can only unlock the dojo page for the character after watching it, so it's always a surprise (unless some jerk spoils it for you)!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Prince Sable is classified as a Gameboy rep, in a good game you never heard of.
It's possible for Balloon Fighter, you just gotta be creative with it.
Medusa is the Wolf of the KI franchise.
Just because Tom Nook doesn't fight in his games, doesn't mean he can't fight in Smash.
Professor Layton has been with Nintendo with all of his games exclusive to portables. It makes sense for his inclusion.
Fixed for the truth. She's been in the franchise even longer. Embarrass

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Who here:

Wants to NOT look up any Unlockable characters so that when you see their silhouette in the "CHALLENGER APPROACHING" sequence you can **** yourself and be blown away.

But:

Realize there is no way you can keep yourself from getting ALL info from the next game that you can. Not to mention all of your friends will spoil them for you.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
In before Kuma comes in and says that "all they could do is put him in a mech because he's got nothing" again despite the mech being used in conjunction to the ridiculous take on Mega Man in the same game. :rolleyes:
Oh, I didn't realize Kuma didn't like Pac-Man. I'll be sure not to pair them up when playing SXT.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I pretty confident Pac-man will make it in SSB4. He's made his way into Mario Kart twice, so him making it into smash doesn't seem all too
to me.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I pretty confident Pac-man will make it in SSB4. He's made his way into Mario Kart twice, so him making it into smash doesn't seem all too
to me.
I just think it would be weird and that there are much better choices for third party characters. Also those Mario Kart games were arcade games. I think he's one of the only characters who might get in JUST because everybody wants him.

Sakurai DID say he wasn't gonna add Namco reps just because they were helping with the game.

D

Deleted member

Welp, guess we now know what happened to the body when Kuma the First passed away....

EDIT: Huh. There are a lot of recipes that use bear meat. Guess it really is a delicacy.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I just think it would be weird and that there are much better choices for third party characters. Also those Mario Kart games were arcade games. I think he's one of the only characters who might get in JUST because everybody wants him.

Sakurai DID say he wasn't gonna add Namco reps just because they were helping with the game.
Arcade game or not; Pac-man's inclusion in a Mario Kart games was due to Nintendo and Namco's collaboration. And Smash 4 is no different.
Didn't Miyamoto also say something to the effect if he wants a character included in smash he will request for it? or something to that effect (I could be wrong I'll try to look it up).

Pac-man being included for me is just a personal hunch, nothing is certain, so who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom