• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I would actually laugh if Zelda was the one confirmed next, more than I probably would others.

This gif fest was/is clearly just a ploy for people to get more easy "likes". Suppose I could cash in on the experience with some of the inventive ones I know of or could possibly make, but eh, laziness/lack of motivation.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...Huh...So THAT'S what happened in here. O_o

And now I know why I never come to this thread. ¦D;

Exit, stage right~!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Today's picture of the day shows a bomb being thrown... this represents the Internet exploding into hype or rage when we get a Pokemon character reveal (or not). :troll:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Looks like the hype train is going full speed ahead with Pokemon.

The forums are going to explode in less than 24 hours.

Mewtwo seems to be the favorite, though more people say it will be a non-Mewtwo Pokemon.

Really, we could technically end up with anyone, since all of the Pokemon veterans have a claim in hyping up Pokemon X/Y.

I think the one character that could bring the most hype though is Mewtwo.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I do not appreciate what happened here during my absence last night. This is a warning to let people know that the next time this thread gets heavily spammed, it will be receiving a time out.

Gune

Smash Lord
Wasn't expecting anything today just wanted to ride the hype train, that being said...may the better pokemon be revealed and may the best pokemon be concealed.

Gune

Smash Lord
I'm sorry but no one was okay with me saying let's agree to disagree, but you jump on and ask us to drop it? Because you're clearly over sensitive, about LUCARIO!? Like an upset kid while his parents fight

I'd never drop it. I'd agree that we don't all have the same perspective, But for everyone to tell me i'm straight up wrong istself wrong. And your limited definition of essence sure seems convenient as it backs up your argument. I say his essence is alot more than character and attitude, considering he doesn't exist. There is no physical Lucario, therefore everything about him. His physical traits, movements, swagger, the way he "physically" carries himself counts. You're fooling yourself if you think they designed him without Mewtwo in the back of their heads.

And for the record I would have loved, more than anything, to have played a game with Lucario and Mewtwo in a balanced fine tuned version of melee. I hope that's what 4 brings. Ideally i'd love it to bea huge roster of worthy characters, but like you, my definition of worthy is personally specific in regards to the matter.
Well yeah thats obvious that they thought of mew two was in mind when programming Lucario his aurasphere is clear indicator but still doesent mean he replaced him. My definition of essence wasn't limited and it was the full definition and I gave valid information behind it his personality his way of moving all that defines him no matter if he's real or not. If it was so limited give me you definition on essence and what essence they share. Word of advice if there is a subject that gets the whole thread on your case it's best just to leave it be not pout over because no one agreed with it being your opinion.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
WHO WILL BE THE ONE?

THE CURRENT BIDS:

1. MEWTWO (28 votes)
- Zhadgon
- BluePikmin11
- KingofPhantoms47
- SchAlternate
- xlblisx
- Hotfeet444
- TumblrFamous
- Espio264
- GoldenYuiitusin
- Xenoblaze
- Starphoenix
- Venus of the Desert Bloom
- Mega Bidoof
- Frostwraith
- Louie G.
- Hank Hill
- Ridley_Prime
- 3Bismyname
- Brawler610
- Scoliosis Jones
- FinalStarmen
- GmanSir
- shinpichu
- ThatWasPeachy
- PerhapsMan
- Smashoperatingbuddy123
- PsychoIncarnate
- APC99

2. LUCARIO (11 votes)
- SaturnGamer64
- Zero2570
- Gune
- Pacack
- Arcanir
- Johnknight1
- Onyx Oblivian
- legendofrob1
- CrusherMania1592
- Swift Fox
- AuraSage94

3. JIGGLYPUFF (14 votes)
- MorbidAltruism
- Bajef8
- YoshiandToad
- Gohan
- MargnetMan23
- EddyBearr
- Kapus
- Brad-Rock
- SuperBrawler
- NickerBocker
- Rasumii
- Rosalina suporter
- HarryTheChin
- Parmesan

4. POKEMON TRAINER (21 votes)
- TumblrFamous
- Gormanbros
- Kikwi-Kiwi
- shinhed-echi
- FalKoopa
- Ariand/AEM
- BKupa666
- Kikaru
- lonekonwolf
- Reznor
- ScatmansWorld25
- Swampasaur
- Opossum
- Bowserlick
- ErictheLone
- Xigger
- ZeldaMaster
- G0LD3N L0TUS
- Michael Blaine
- Wariofan1
- Sonsa

5. PICHU (1 vote)
- Chandelure

6. OTHER (4 votes)
- OcarinaofDoom - Goomy
- DaUsername - Magikarp
- DukeofShorts - Charizard
- Xiivi - Team Rocket

7. NONE (2 votes)
- Mitsuo
- Lasifer

#. UNDECIDED (2 people)
- Rebellious Treecko - For everyone.
- 8-peacock-8 - For Red using Mewtwo, Lucario and Charizard.

Who will win ladies and gentlemen, put your bid for which Pokemon will be reveled this week.

Special Thanks:
To Johnknight1 for creating the idea.
To MorbidAltruism for supporting and getting the list right.
To Onyx Oblivian for the image and title of this game.

.n_n.

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure it was obvious we would find out who it was on Friday (or Monday), while a few people deluded themselves into believing it'd be today.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pretty sure it was obvious we would find out who it was on Friday (or Monday), while a few people deluded themselves into believing it'd be today.
Yeah. I myself haven't even been checking the daily picture until much later on the day this week, and I usually check it right on time when it's uploaded, because I've simply been waiting for Friday, and knew nothing else would come up.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll be watching this thread closely tonight. ;)

Control your hype. You guys can shout and jump all you want AFTER any reveal.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Do you guys think theyll surprise us with a direct?
Or will they just put the trailer on the Smash site?
Or will there just be the character with some screens posted?

I guess it depends on who it is. I doubt Jiggs would get a trailer, but I have a strong feeling Mewtwo will get something

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
They won't just randomly put a trailer up on the site. Heck, Sonic's trailer isn't even on the site, only on Youtube. If Mewtwo is revealed tommorow, he probably won't have a trailer.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Do you guys think theyll surprise us with a direct?
Or will they just put the trailer on the Smash site?
Or will there just be the character with some screens posted?

I guess it depends on who it is. I doubt Jiggs would get a trailer, but I have a strong feeling Mewtwo will get something
We're not going to get a Smash Direct until closer to release, if we get one at all.
I doubt we'll get a trailer for a veteran, but ehh, maybe he'll make an exception if it's Mewtwo, though personally I doubt it.

Honestly I'm expecting a reveal just like the other veterans so far, just an update on the site. The way you guys were acting it's like we were confirmed to be getting a newcomer reveal or something.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
SHUT UP AND BLINDLY JUMP ON THE HYPE TRAIN AS WE JUMP OFF A CLIFF!!!!

Also, this gif describes perfectly what Sakurai did to the hype last night...

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I don't think we'll get a Mewtwo reveal tomorrow, as he is too much of a hype builder. I don't think Sakurai will release one of his trump cards that soon. I still hope we'll hear about him later. Therefore I'll be rooting for Jigglypuff.

By the way, this is my first post!I I've been lurking for some time now but I never had the right occasion of posting. Until now ^^. I look forward to take part to what will happen here :D

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't think we'll get a Mewtwo reveal tomorrow, as he is too much of a hype builder. I don't think Sakurai will release one of his trump cards that soon. I still hope we'll hear about him later.
Yeah, Mewtwo is going to be saved for a bigger event in my opinion and to be spaced out from the Sonic hype, so that's why Lucario and Jigglypuff make the most sense. In other words, it will be to create most hype, recognition, and eyes to Smash, which would be at a date closer to the games' release.

The reason I'm voting for Lucario is because the Mewtwo reveal would be too close to the Sonic reveal IMO, the Pokémon Trainer is 3 characters in 1, and given the amount of confirmations we've gotten (3 characters in 4/5 weeks), that would be overkill (especially since we could go a long drought without character confirmations).

As for between Jigglypuff and Lucario, sure Jigglypuff is fairy type and that's new and all the jazz, but Jigglypuff isn't being promoted for Pokémon X & Y. Lucario is, and he even has a Mega Form. Because of that, I gotta say that Lucario has gotta be the most obvious pick.

#TeamLucario

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I don't think we'll get a Mewtwo reveal tomorrow, as he is too much of a hype builder. I don't think Sakurai will release one of his trump cards that soon. I still hope we'll hear about him later. Therefore I'll be rooting for Jigglypuff.

By the way, this is my first post!I I've been lurking for some time now but I never had the right occasion of posting. Until now ^^. I look forward to take part to what will happen here :D
Welcome to Smashboards!

Mewtwo will probably get revealed closer to the date, it might be too early to show him off if the game has about a year left in development. Of they release a pokemon Z before Smash is out, he might be shown then...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mewtwo will probably get revealed closer to the date, it might be too early to show him off if the game has about a year left in development. Of they release a pokemon Z before Smash is out, he might be shown then...
Honestly, I think Mewtwo would be a perfect reveal (with a trailer) for Z/X & Y/whatever version that comes out next year in like October, E3 2014 in May, or even just a random February to April reveal.

Heck, Mewtwo is so popular and so wanted that Mewtwo's reveal might be best served when we're "slow" or "lacking" in terms of quality updates.

Also, technically the game we are playing is a roster prediction, so I think that's on topic and not spam... right...???... :confused:
I just don't like group chats on skype. You're all free to bug me separately on skype though of course.
Oh no, it was a group call. :p
So another agonizing day of wait and gifs is upon us then?

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic....
EXPECT GIF-AGEDDON!!!! :shades:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just as a thought, maybe a stage or Pokeballs will be revealed instead of a character?

Mabataki

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4167-4743-1372
Yea ive been bored here lately ...

Edit : here is a better one .. ill make more later maybe..

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Just as a thought, maybe a stage or Pokeballs will be revealed instead of a character?
I'd laugh at the collective upset, but then I'd realize I'd have to deal with it, and become just as upset. :laugh:

Either way, this is the biggest Pokemon-related event that's going to happen before Smash releases, so I really can't see them not having a character. Who knows, there's a good chance we could also get a stage out of it, we haven't seen a Pokemon stage yet either, and we got Pikmin and Sonic stages with those characters.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
That is considerably underwhelming compared to a full veteran reveal, and would disappoint a lot of people.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I really don't see that happening. We got a character reveal for the japanese release of the Wind Waker's remake (which by the way is marvelous) and we wouldn't have one to celebrate the worldwild release of a brand new game of the second-bestselling Nintendo series? That would be really odd.
Still, having Pokéballs and/or a new Pokmon stage revealed along with a new character would be pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom