• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Just as a thought, maybe a stage or Pokeballs will be revealed instead of a character?
no.....

I want them to reveal a character, no matter who. I want them to reveal Lucario (to shut up the naysayers. :smirk:)

courte

Smash Lord
Dixie + Diddy Team would be great. Kongs are known to work together

Well yeah thats obvious that they thought of mew two was in mind when programming Lucario his aurasphere is clear indicator but still doesent mean he replaced him. My definition of essence wasn't limited and it was the full definition and I gave valid information behind it his personality his way of moving all that defines him no matter if he's real or not. If it was so limited give me you definition on essence and what essence they share. Word of advice if there is a subject that gets the whole thread on your case it's best just to leave it be not pout over because no one agreed with it being your opinion.
Do you read?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Really interested to see whether we get a trailer for Mewtwo. I say there is a 50/50 chance we get one, if for nothing else but to show a Mega Evolution Final Smash.

Its very interesting how we may have ended up with two of the Top 3 most wanted characters for Smash 4 confirmed so early on.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Just as a thought, maybe a stage or Pokeballs will be revealed instead of a character?
Not really. I mean, if we just get the Brawl Pokémon plus Mewtwo, that means we got 4 more reveals left (assuming all the Pokémon Trainer and all his Pokémon are done swiftly in one reveal) related to Pokémon. Why not just reveal one of them tomorrow, during a Direct, or on Monday=???

It literally would be the opposite of a productive reveal anyways.

But given how that's what Nintendo has done with the Wii U (their best technological home console since the SNES) by giving it a ton of overrated games or games with no replay value, as well as piss poor marketing, I guess it would make sense if Nintendo likes to drown themselves in a bath tub filled of urine like they continue to do with the Wii U.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Nintendo 64 and GameCube were more powerful than competition (though XBOX was strong than the GCN).

By comparison, Wii and Wii U are a generation behind the competition in terms of graphics.

Reznor

work in progress
guys it doesn't mater if a console isn't powerful all that matters are the games
the PSP was stronger than the DS but it sucked only reason people bought the PSP was because you could hack it easily that and Monster Hunter
next you guys will be saying graphics are the most important thing about a game :laugh:

fun fact the Ouya is a 8th gen console

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Dixie + Diddy Team would be great. Kongs are known to work together

If that's the logic, then Mario and Luigi should team like they do in Super Mario 3D World and the Mario and Luigi series, Link and Zelda should team because they worked so well in Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, and freaking all the Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon should be out for a Triple Battle teaming together.

Gune

Smash Lord
guys it doesn't mater if a console isn't powerful all that matters are the games
the PSP was stronger than the DS but it sucked only reason people bought the PSP was because you could hack it easily that and Monster Hunter
next you guys will be saying graphics are the most important thing about a game :laugh:

fun fact the Ouya is a 8th gen console
Do you have a ouya? I kinds want one want to know if its worth it.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nintendo 64 and GameCube were more powerful than competition (though XBOX was strong than the GCN).
No. The N64 could load quicker, but it couldn't store as much memory as the PS1 or consistently have as much high quality graphics, although the DD would have fixed that. As for the GameCube, it was slightly stronger than the PS2, but it didn't have internet (aside from confusing accessories), and LAN was similarly complicated.

Also, the GameCube was terribly marketed, despite being possibly the best Nintendo home console since the SNES.
By comparison, Wii and Wii U are a generation behind the competition in terms of graphics.
The Wii was barely more powerful than the GameCube.

The Wii U blows the PS3 and Xbox 360 out of the water, and isn't too far behind the PS4 and Xbox One in terms of processing power. The problem is the Wii U uses a different type of memory and processing system (which is going to be the future likely of such things, and is a lot cheaper; the problem is, most 3rd party developers aren't as familiar with it as your typical RAM/CPU/GPU stuffers), as well as the fact the Wii U's online-related stuff is in a lot of ways 8 years behind (poor infrastructure, no voice chat, lack of online games, etc), as well as the fact that the Wii U doesn't have much storage memory.

Other than those issues, the Wii U is not too far behind the PS4 and Xbox One.

The problem is Nintendo couldn't find the right audience for ZombiU, NEW SMB U is a game we've played thrice before, Pikmin 3 has no multiplayer and probably not a lot of replay value, the Wonderful 101 is hard to market, and, oh yeah, until the last Super Mario 3D World trailer, nothing about that game looked interesting.

Fortunately on the Mario 3D World point they fixed it with that amazing trailer that showed the game for what it is: amazing.

Oh, and the marketing on Wii U Pad and online has been terrible. Nintendo isn't even marketing the fact that they're the only next gen console with high quality free online. Seriously, on Xbox One (and I think Xbox 360) you need to have Gold Membership ($5 a month) to use Netflix. WTF???

Reznor

work in progress
Do you have a ouya? I kinds want one want to know if its worth it.
its not worth it at all the only games worth buying are old game you can emulate on your PC for free
fun fact the Ipad is stronger than the Ouya and can do more stuff

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So what you are saying is that the console doesn't matter, and that we should all just see developers make games on the NES despite the memory limitations, graphical limitations, and no online play=???

Because that's essentially what you are saying when you type this.
First off, the DS wasn't much weaker than the PSP, sans not having a hard drive of any sort really.
Second off, the PSP was awesome, and has an amazing library. Dropping a blanket statement like "it sux cuz it didn't sell wellz" is stupid.

I mean, the NES, SNES, N64, and GameCube all blow the Wii out of the freaking water in terms of games, but they didn't sell nearly as well as the Wii.
Graphics is more than just visuals; it's a part of the physics, and how much you can load. For instance, Melee and Brawl had lag issues; some of which made several stages unplayable with more than 2 players.

But hey, if you want a Smash game like Brawl where we had graphical downscaling again (well technically that is happening in Smash 3DS), with toned down gameplay, less effects, and no pretty sights, and a dual layered discs that has a freaking ton of problems, then be my guest. :rolleyes:

Also, if a console has processing issues, we couldn't play 4 players matches, especially with items on, without lag. Given how awesome the Wii U's processing is, we could probably have 6 player matches with items on Very High on the craziest and most high detailed stage without any such lag (if the game is designed right).

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Also, if a console has processing issues, we couldn't play 4 players matches, especially with items on, without lag. Given how awesome the Wii U's processing is, we could probably have 6 player matches with items on Very High on the craziest and most high detailed stage without any such lag (if the game is designed right).
But what if all six players are Ice Climbers? :troll:
But really now, six player matches sounds like an awesome idea.

Reznor

work in progress
So what you are saying is that the console doesn't matter, and that we should all just see developers make games on the NES despite the memory limitations, graphical limitations, and no online play=???

Because that's essentially what you are saying when you type this.
you now what I meant :glare:
what i'm saying is that specs are not every thing you never hear any one say "the Atari Jaguar is better than the SNES because it is stronger"
well you do hear people stay stuff like this but they are usually people who only play Maddan and COD

First off, the DS wasn't much weaker than the PSP, sans not having a hard drive of any sort really.
Second off, the PSP was awesome, and has an amazing library. Dropping a blanket statement like "it sux cuz it didn't sell wellz" is stupid.

I mean, the NES, SNES, N64, and GameCube all blow the Wii out of the freaking water in terms of games, but they didn't sell nearly as well as the Wii.
the PSP was still stronger and most of its fans bragged and said that is part of what makes the PSP better so I will bring it up
I never said the PSP sucked because of its sales i'm saying the PSP sucks because it had almost no good games pretty much all the best ones were just ports or remakes
the reason the Wii sold so well is because casuals thought it would help them work out and stuff

Graphics is more than just visuals; it's a part of the physics, and how much you can load. For instance, Melee and Brawl had lag issues; some of which made several stages unplayable with more than 2 players.

But hey, if you want a Smash game like Brawl where we had graphical downscaling again (well technically that is happening in Smash 3DS), with toned down gameplay, less effects, and no pretty sights, and a dual layered discs that has a freaking ton of problems, then be my guest. :rolleyes:

yes graphics are more then just visuals I forgot that but you know I mean visuals :dizzy:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
But what if all six players are Ice Climbers? :troll:
But really now, six player matches sounds like an awesome idea.
Six player matches without lag are now totally possible on Smash Wii U.

The question will be "do they have time for it" and "if they add it, how well will it run on the Wii U's servers?"

Also, Olimar battles (with 5 Pikmin=???) would be epic. You could have either up to 30 Pikmin on the stage at once potentially!!! :eek:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I never said the PSP sucked because of its sales i'm saying the PSP sucks because it had almost no good games pretty much all the best ones were just ports or remakes
This is so wrong, words cannot even explain.

You obviously never played the great God of War or Soul Calibur games on the PSP, Lumines, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, etc.
the reason the Wii sold so well is because casuals thought it would help them work out and stuff
The reason it sold so well was the same reason Guitar Hero sold so well: peripherals.

However, once that well dried up, it died prematurely, just like Guitar Hero.
yes graphics are more then just visuals I forgot that but you know I mean visuals :dizzy:
Do you really wanna go through the era of Wii bullcrap outdated graphics for years and years and years=???

Graphics need to continue to go forward, not backwards. You don't have to have the best graphics, but dang it, staying competitive is the way to go. You don't see anyone bragging about owning a freaking Motorola Razor anymore now do you=??? Everyone's got a Droid, Galaxy, or iPhone that's vastly superior technology-wise.

Espio264

Smash Ace
If and when we get Mewtwo, (hopefully tomorrow) I'm considering letting his artwork overtake more than one slot to emphasize its epicness. At least until the next character is revealed.

IMG_1479.PNG

And if it's not Mewtwo, oh well. I'm itching to update this anyway.

Any thoughts? Or do I just win biggest loser of 2:54 P.M.?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
If and when we get Mewtwo, (hopefully tomorrow) I'm considering letting his artwork overtake more than one slot to emphasize its epicness. At least until the next character is revealed.

I say it looks good, keep it in till tomorrow where we will get the (possible) reveal

Reznor

work in progress
I think this has gone off topic you have convinced me graphics are more important than I original thought so i'll just say you won

View attachment 3140

loos awesome man
I say give Mewtwo 3 slots 1 for him and 2 for his Mega forms

Espio264

Smash Ace
I say it looks good, keep it in till tomorrow where we will get the (possible) reveal
It's just, if Mewtwo is next, I'll put him in the next Veteran slot beside Sonic, but then his head will be covered up by the freakin' date. So I think I'll temporarily make his art be bigger and overtake most of the middle of the screen. Though it all sounds stupid when I type it out like this. It's just my dumb phone. The original on my desktop won't be obscured at all.

Picture 1(2).jpg

Bajef8

Smash Ace

Yeah it's a very large and common misconception that the Wii U is behind in those departments. Honestly it's not. It's a generation ahead, whil utilizing the best combo of internals for the price. It focuses on processing most game functions through the GPU rather than the CPU, giving the Wii U CPU the ability to focus on graphics and other visuals. Read up on GPU-processing, it's something not widely adopted yet, but it will be the future standard of processing.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If Lucario gets revealed, would it be safe to say no one will get cut?
People won't be convinced until we see all the brawl characters with any real chance of being cut, such as Wolf, Lucario, The Pokémon Trainer, Lucas, The Ice Climbers (due to technical issues, although Sakurai loves them to death), ROB, and Snake.

Some idiots will say Sheik, Falco, and Jigglypuff, but we'll pretend they're cancer because they're AIDS. :awesome:

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
To me, it would be if they revealed Snake. I could see Lucario coming back, and I really kind of want him to be cut, but of course I want people to be happy with their mains.

I would be upset if Olimar had gotten cut, and if Ness for some reason gets cut I'd be pretty upset.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Read up on GPU-processing, it's something not widely adopted yet, but it will be the future standard of processing.
My dad used to work at a computer processing/hard drive company, and he told me how the hard drive and computer industry is moving away from RAM and GPU processing about 5 years ago. It's been a slow transition, but it is one that is probably inevitable since it is cheaper and more effective.

Also, expect our traditional hard drives to be gone within the next 2 decades.

Oh, and before we get off-topic, this kind of transition does effect the game, and thus the roster. I imagine Namco Bandai isn't too used to this technology, but once they do, it will make development easier. Actually I've heard it said once people know how to make games for such an interface that game development will actually be easier, quicker, and cheaper, which benefits all parties involved in gaming.

That means that if things potentially "click," we could get more than ever before. That thus means a bigger roster if not this time around then next time around!!! :shades:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'd say that no Pokémon characters would be cut, but there's still a chance other characters might. I personally don't even consider Lucario to be on the chopping block, I can see Wolf, Ike and Lucas getting cut though, which I certainly don't like.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Zhadgon, I am down for both Pokemon Trainer and Mewtwo. Well, it seems like fate has me torn between the two.

So put me for Pokemon Trainer. It is only fair as I first predicted it would be him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom