• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Representing both links makes sense (Unless you haven't played Zelda games much) and unlike Melee, they're now very aesthetically different.

Doc makes more sense as a costume. Paper Mario or Shadow Mario with BJ? I can get behind that. Doc? No. He had the same hitboxes as Mario in Melee to begin with.
this is just what I predict, Im fine with toon link staying as long as he is decloned.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
this is just what I predict, Im fine with toon link staying as long as he is decloned.
I don't think he needs that much decloning. I've said the same for Ganondorf. Change the B moves around a bit: that can be it.

Actually, Dr. Mario didn't have the same hitboxes as Mario for a large portion of his attacks.
I thought it was only some

Habanero you always make great posts

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
However you forget (or at least do not know) that, and I quote:
"Those who have played Link should enjoy playing Toon Link, too. As a rule, the special moves are the same." -Masahiro Sakurai [Source]
So that will probably never officially happen to another Link in Super Smash Brothers.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So that means strictly clones or semi clones or something similar are unlockables.
I guess? I didn't exactly mention that, but that should be the way things work in any game really.

Alternate variants of the same character like Luigi, Lucas, Falco, Wolf, Toon Link, and Ganondorf are aimed more towards people who prefer a different playstyle.
You can't tell me that you can play Link and Toon Link exactly the same way, or any of those characters and their original bases in a similar way. They all play very differently and are unique in their own way.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Mike Jones is really held back by the fact that his games were not released in Japan. It's really unfortunate.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
And by having used the avatar before, therefore you are a nerd.

Don't feel bad, we are all nerds in some way.
"My X-ray specs allow me to see your ignorance."

Not Even Remotely Dorky

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
When Sakurai is already trying to avoid Japan-Only (Which really brings some characters down, especially now with such limited newcomer spots) I really doubt unless it's a WTF that he would put an american only game. What sucks even more is it's one of the few really good and timeless retro's left, so ****.

Time for a storm. Noah's back!
no no no no no no no no

wait fall

should i ***** him out this time

D

Deleted member

Time for a storm. Noah's back!
Not mentioning Noah would be the more optimal solution at this point. We don't need to be reminded that Noah still lurks here and we need less drama than what we're getting.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
He certainly was checking this thread when I posted that.

It was probably my post that turned him away. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's funny how by merely viewing this thread, Noah can cause a stir in here and get this thread off-topic again.
I have a feeling that's what he wants to happen.

Either way, some questions about Advance Wars?

1.Do you think it will get a character?
2. Do you think it SHOULD get a character?
3. Do you want it to get a character?
4. How would you pick for an Advance Wars character?
5. Stage?
6. Assist Trophy?
7. Music?
8. Item?
9. Discuss a couple of moveset ideas.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
However you forget (or at least do not know) that, and I quote:
"Those who have played Link should enjoy playing Toon Link, too. As a rule, the special moves are the same." -Masahiro Sakurai [Source]
So that will probably never officially happen to another Link in Super Smash Brothers.
Not fixing clones is dumb, make his specials all be different tools from the toon zelda universe and change alot of his normal sword moves except for his trademark stuff or cut him, to me you either fix characters or they should be gone, but since people love characters that have made it to the game im more for fixing them. To leave him be would be extremely lazy and uncreative as a developer.

I don't think he needs that much decloning. I've said the same for Ganondorf. Change the B moves around a bit: that can be it.

I thought it was only some

Habanero you always make great posts
Also for ganon i believe his specials and some normals should be changed, I would like a couple sword normals actually.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601

5. Stage?
6. Assist Trophy?
7. Music?
8. Item?
1. no
2. no
3. no
4. Andy
5. absolutely
6. already done
7. of coarse
8. what is there?
9. That's the problem.

Just my viewpoint on Advance Wars in Smash lol

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

5. Stage?
6. Assist Trophy?
7. Music?
8. Item?
1. No not really
2. Doesn't it have like 11 games? Either way, I'd say yes IF we get more new series. Isaac, Dillon, Shulk, and maybe Little Mac should all be before him though
3. Yeah Will would be cool. I have most of the series of the U.S. released ones
4. Will or Andy
5. Yes to a stage even if there's no character.
6. Well they got one before...
7. I'll link music later if I remember.
8. Yes.
9. I imagine a lot of controlling units.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
5. Stage?
6. Assist Trophy?
7. Music?
8. Item?
1. No
2. Yes
3. Not really interested, so no
4. Andy. He's the face of the series
5. I haven't played the games, so no idea. But yes, it should get a stage.
6. The same as in Brawl.
7. Yes
8. Item? An AK-47, perhaps. :troll: I don't know if there are any suitable items though.
9. No idea, unfortunately. I haven't played the games.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
No, this is the one thing that would PREVENT them from getting in. :facepalm:

These designs are disgusting.

However, I do think that this promotes Pac-Man over Lloyd Irving.
So this helps prevent Pac-Man from being added but it also gives him a higher chance then Lloyd... I don't... In any case they can redeem themselves if added to Smash.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Both Roy and Lucario were planned to be in Brawl, alongside Ike and Mewtwo respectively. Ruby and Sapphire were also skipped over, so that ideology is inconsistent as far as having a playable rep for gen 5 and/or 6.
They were cut likely because of Sonic. They were INTENDED to be in, with files for the two of them still in the game.

Seriously. Don't be a ****ing douchebag if you have no idea what you're talking about. How can you seriously wonder why people hate you on this site? It isn't even a thing exclusive to Smashboards. If you act like that in everyday life, you probably have ZERO friends. ZERO.

Especially, when you accuse me of trolling, and then threaten me with being reported because I asked you a simple question. Not to mention sending me a private message to do so. The best part was, the mods themselves called you a troll, and have locked every single thread you have made.

I could understand if you ever used proof about anything you bring up, and I'm sure there are other things i'm missing that you have posted. But you have no right to come in here and tell people that they are wrong, when you have not brought up a single good point in your defense.

You had no idea what Palutena's popularity was like, and you had no idea that Shulk was first party. If you don't even know basic things about the Smash community, how can you go and say that you know everything about the game? Of course, I'm wasting my time asking, because you never answer any questions directed at you, probably because you have no evidence to back anything up.

No one here has any respect for you. But you don't learn that because acting the way you do earns you no respect, and apparently you refuse to change it. But now why is that?

Well that would be because you are ignorant, arrogant, and childish. Of course, that is typically what a twelve year old behind a computer screen will act like, is it not?

Prove me i'm wrong Noah. Prove it.

...Oh wait, that's right. You don't answer challenges or questions. You run away and then say the person asking is a troll. I'm sorry.
1. I have always been aware of Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik, Roy, Mewtwo, Dixie, Dr. Mario. "Prai_Mai" codes. I've kinown about it for years

2. I knew about Pauletena's popularity. I simply said she was an unlikely character because she was a godess. Just because I appose Geno doesn't mean I said he wasn't WANTED.

3. I don't act like this anywhere else. I act like this to you guys for one reason. You won't allow me to be nice even if I apologize or DO admit I'm wrong about Shulk. Just because you don't recall or look for posts of that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Heck I'll even say it now: I was wrong about Shulk not being Nintendo. I WAS sorry for getting mad about the inclusion of Pac-Man, Frogger, or Space Invaders. But, you guys get mad and mean simply over smash reps. You will find that pretty much any rude comment by me was a REPLY to a rude comment by you. Go back and look, I'll even Bring back evidence myself of that if I HAVE to.

4. Whether I post this or not is a waste of time. You guys don't know the meaning of forgiveness. If you ALL wanted to make peace I'd GLADLY accept it. This is the only thing I claim to be more mature in the area of.

5. When I said "Ike wasn't on the cover" That was me saying "I didn't notice" NOT "Oh, that's a reason to say he's not the main character."

6. If you give me a list of FACTS posted about why Dark Samus makes more sense then a REDESIGNED Ninten makes more sense. I'd gladly accept it right here in now. Dark Samus makes more sense than the ORIGINAL Ninten.

THIS:

WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE THAN THIS:

But, NOT so much this:
This is a REDESIGN, Nintendo can do even better.

So yeah, even after THIS Ninten VS Dark Samus stuff, you STILL refuse to back down until I agree with Dark Samus being a better choice. And by sending me personal messages begging me to do so and then making smirkish responses about what you DISAGREE with. I consider that trolling.

You can't prove Dark Samus would look more different because there is NO redesigned Ninten yet. So until there IS one you can't say it WOULDN'T be. That's like saying Ganondorf not being in SSB4 is a FACT. You can't say that because it something like that hasn't happened yet.

And please bring back posts of me calling you names in posts that WEREN'T replies to you being rude or trolling.

The only time I STARTED a flame was the debate about Pac-Man

If you have evidence of me BEGINNING a flame over any other subject, please post it HERE.

Also my threads got blocked because of these reasons.

1. Too similar to other threads
2. You guys were spamming it with arguements I didn't even respond to Take my SSB4 Prediction thread for example. And go back and check it if this is not accurate:

SSB4 ULTIMATED IN DEPTH SPECUALTION THREAD:

Noah: This one doesn't encourage trolling. I'm promoting this for Newcomers to the website.

Scoliosis: The other thread doesn't encourage trolling either.

Noah: I disagree

Scoliosis: Ok, Explain your side

Noah: No, I can save that for the other thread. Not this one.

Neandrathal: And the trolling begins...

Noah: Nope, not here.

Scoliosis:
No offense to you, but every time someone has asked you to explain something, you seem to just sweep it under the rug and not have another thought about it.​
When I made that thread, nowhere in it did I put up any idea that it was a troll gathering area. I'm going to try to explain this as best I can.​
When the other users are commenting toward you that "Eirika is unlikely" or something like that, they aren't trying to personally attack you. Based on the fact that Roy and Chrom are more popular among the Smash fans, that is where their basis comes from when they disagree.​
Maybe everything that happens in the other thread originates from misunderstandings, but people are going to think you're a douchebag if you come into a forum for the first time and preach that your roster is the "realistic" choice. Especially when you hardly answer anyone's questions. It gets irritating.​
But go ahead. Go post it back in the other thread. I'm not going to tell you what to do.​

(*NOTE: Before I continue what happened in the above thread. I'd like to point out I have said several times why Eirika works. She is a female FE protagonist. We don't have any of them. She is also popular among fans as a female FE hero. I never got mad of you disagreeing on that. I also NEVER said she was more likely than chrom or Roy. Not to mention Chrom is in ALL of my rosters. And I have many rosters with Roy as well, one posted, several NOT posted. Meaning I DID answer questions and had defenses several times for several characters as a matter of fact. And if you don't believe me I'll do it again for each character you list. Now back to the thread I was talking abut*)

N3ON: Yeah, so this one should totally be closed. Hint, hint. It's just going to end in massive arguments because of Noah.

(*Another note: Notice how he claims that there is an argument or is going to be one is completely senseless as I have posted nothing so far in this thread that is an argument and in fact don't post ANYTHING after this post. Now back to the thread*)

Banjodorf: Oh. Wow, I thought this was a post by Scoliosis, and it honestly made ZERO sense, but then I realized I had Noah on ignore. It definitely made this a funny experience!

Scoliosis Jones: Me with a Pony picture and terrible knack of ruining this forum?

You got me :troll:.

Moderator: Sure. This is outside of my moderation privileges, so I'll have to politely ask that you refrain from posting until Mario & Sonic Bro locks it.

Thanks.

*FORUM IS CLOSED*

You also said: Especially, when you accuse me of trolling, and then threaten me with being reported because I asked you a simple question. Not to mention sending me a private message to do so. The best part was, the mods themselves called you a troll, and have locked every single thread you have made.

I accused you of trolling because you were starting an argument about characters I have defended and you refused to accept these defenses on a thread that had nothing to do with the argument. Here is what I sent you

Noah: You are bringing up subjects that have nothing to do with my thread, regardless of me not responding. Which is a form of spamming and simply admitting how much you can't stand NOT arguing. And I must report spamming on my thread.

So I was reporting you for SPAMMING.

Another note: That video I made from the show "boondocks" was a response to people like Swampasaur saying

Either admit you're wrong about your roster or leave.

I was represented by the man bringing up defenses you claim I DON'T have and trying to stay on the subject of newly brought up topics. Where as smashboards is saying "Say it, or shut up. Similar to admit it or leave.

So there.

I'd be glad to back up any other characters with PROOF right here and now.

CHALLENGE: You will post a list of characters on my roster and why they don't work. And I will POLITELY post proof/defenses of why they do.

Unless you wanna continue making Unless you wanna continue making snide remarks to admit you cannot succeed in this challenge and any proof I have.

In which case you lose.

I wanna see if you can do it.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
1. I have always been aware of Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik, Roy, Mewtwo, Dixie, Dr. Mario. "Prai_Mai" codes. I've kinown about it for years

2. I knew about Pauletena's popularity. I simply said she was an unlikely character because she was a godess. Just because I appose Geno doesn't mean I said he wasn't WANTED.

3. I don't act like this anywhere else. I act like this to you guys for one reason. You won't allow me to be nice even if I apologize or DO admit I'm wrong about Shulk. Just because you don't recall or look for posts of that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Heck I'll even say it now: I was wrong about Shulk not being Nintendo. I WAS sorry for getting mad about the inclusion of Pac-Man, Frogger, or Space Invaders. But, you guys get mad and mean simply over smash reps. You will find that pretty much any rude comment by me was a REPLY to a rude comment by you. Go back and look, I'll even Bring back evidence myself of that if I HAVE to.

4. Whether I post this or not is a waste of time. You guys don't know the meaning of forgiveness. If you ALL wanted to make peace I'd GLADLY accept it. This is the only thing I claim to be more mature in the area of.

5. When I said "Ike wasn't on the cover" That was me saying "I didn't notice" NOT "Oh, that's a reason to say he's not the main character."

6. If you give me a list of FACTS posted about why Dark Samus makes more sense then a REDESIGNED Ninten makes more sense. I'd gladly accept it right here in now. Dark Samus makes more sense than the ORIGINAL Ninten.

THIS:

WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE THAN THIS:

But, NOT so much this:
This is a REDESIGN, Nintendo can do even better.

So yeah, even after THIS Ninten VS Dark Samus stuff, you STILL refuse to back down until I agree with Dark Samus being a better choice. And by sending me personal messages begging me to do so and then making smirkish responses about what you DISAGREE with. I consider that trolling.

You can't prove Dark Samus would look more different because there is NO redesigned Ninten yet. So until there IS one you can't say it WOULDN'T be. That's like saying Ganondorf not being in SSB4 is a FACT. You can't say that because it something like that hasn't happened yet.

And please bring back posts of me calling you names in posts that WEREN'T replies to you being rude or trolling.

The only time I STARTED a flame was the debate about Pac-Man

If you have evidence of me BEGINNING a flame over any other subject, please post it HERE.

Also my threads got blocked because of these reasons.

1. Too similar to other threads
2. You guys were spamming it with arguements I didn't even respond to Take my SSB4 Prediction thread for example. And go back and check it if this is not accurate:

SSB4 ULTIMATED IN DEPTH SPECUALTION THREAD:

Noah: This one doesn't encourage trolling. I'm promoting this for Newcomers to the website.

Scoliosis: The other thread doesn't encourage trolling either.

Noah: I disagree

Scoliosis: Ok, Explain your side

Noah: No, I can save that for the other thread. Not this one.

Neandrathal: And the trolling begins...

Noah: Nope, not here.

Scoliosis:
No offense to you, but every time someone has asked you to explain something, you seem to just sweep it under the rug and not have another thought about it.​
When I made that thread, nowhere in it did I put up any idea that it was a troll gathering area. I'm going to try to explain this as best I can.​
When the other users are commenting toward you that "Eirika is unlikely" or something like that, they aren't trying to personally attack you. Based on the fact that Roy and Chrom are more popular among the Smash fans, that is where their basis comes from when they disagree.​
Maybe everything that happens in the other thread originates from misunderstandings, but people are going to think you're a douchebag if you come into a forum for the first time and preach that your roster is the "realistic" choice. Especially when you hardly answer anyone's questions. It gets irritating.​
But go ahead. Go post it back in the other thread. I'm not going to tell you what to do.​

(*NOTE: Before I continue what happened in the above thread. I'd like to point out I have said several times why Eirika works. She is a female FE protagonist. We don't have any of them. She is also popular among fans as a female FE hero. I never got mad of you disagreeing on that. I also NEVER said she was more likely than chrom or Roy. Not to mention Chrom is in ALL of my rosters. And I have many rosters with Roy as well, one posted, several NOT posted. Meaning I DID answer questions and had defenses several times for several characters as a matter of fact. And if you don't believe me I'll do it again for each character you list. Now back to the thread I was talking abut*)

N3ON: Yeah, so this one should totally be closed. Hint, hint. It's just going to end in massive arguments because of Noah.

(*Another note: Notice how he claims that there is an argument or is going to be one is completely senseless as I have posted nothing so far in this thread that is an argument and in fact don't post ANYTHING after this post. Now back to the thread*)

Banjodorf: Oh. Wow, I thought this was a post by Scoliosis, and it honestly made ZERO sense, but then I realized I had Noah on ignore. It definitely made this a funny experience!

Scoliosis Jones: Me with a Pony picture and terrible knack of ruining this forum?

You got me :troll:.

Moderator: Sure. This is outside of my moderation privileges, so I'll have to politely ask that you refrain from posting until Mario & Sonic Bro locks it.

Thanks.

*FORUM IS CLOSED*

You also said: Especially, when you accuse me of trolling, and then threaten me with being reported because I asked you a simple question. Not to mention sending me a private message to do so. The best part was, the mods themselves called you a troll, and have locked every single thread you have made.

I accused you of trolling because you were starting an argument about characters I have defended and you refused to accept these defenses on a thread that had nothing to do with the argument. Here is what I sent you

Noah: You are bringing up subjects that have nothing to do with my thread, regardless of me not responding. Which is a form of spamming and simply admitting how much you can't stand NOT arguing. And I must report spamming on my thread.

So I was reporting you for SPAMMING.

Another note: That video I made from the show "boondocks" was a response to people like Swampasaur saying

Either admit you're wrong about your roster or leave.

I was represented by the man bringing up defenses you claim I DON'T have and trying to stay on the subject of newly brought up topics. Where as smashboards is saying "Say it, or shut up. Similar to admit it or leave.

So there.

I'd be glad to back up any other characters with PROOF right here and now.

CHALLENGE: You will post a list of characters on my roster and why they don't work. And I will POLITELY post proof/defenses of why they do.

Unless you wanna continue making Unless you wanna continue making snide remarks to admit you cannot succeed in this challenge and any proof I have.

In which case you lose.

I wanna see if you can do it.
I know I'm going off topic, but man, you made my day with this.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
So this helps prevent Pac-Man from being added but it also gives him a higher chance then Lloyd... I don't... In any case they can redeem themselves if added to Smash.
I could've worded that better. I'm just saying two things:

1: These designs can almost be considered jokes among the fanbases of Megaman and Pac-Man, so they shouldn't actually be taken seriously as possible references for a moveset.

2: Pac-Man's inclusion in a fighting game not featuring all Tekken over Lloyd Irving promotes Pac-Man. But, now that I think about it, Project X Zone may contradict this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom