• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I think Noah is trolling. He really has to be at this point. Not even Divine was this blatant about it. Where's FalKoopa when you need him? We could all use a break from Noah between his shenanigans last night and his obvious "turn valid discussion into wasted time" tactics.
Calm down, Noah... I think it is time for your medication.
There ain't enough Cowbell in the world to help us...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Unlikely characters such as Krystal, Impa, Waluigi, Tingle, Daisy or even Tharja or Dunsparce are all more interesting than Sheriff, just to say how bland and uninteresting Sheriff is.

Okay, I might be exaggerating, but you get the idea.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You know Golden has lost his mind when he thinks a cartoon character that appeared in a game after Sheriff predates Nintendo's history and is more important regardless of being less recurring and not owned by Nintendo.

Somebody want to explain that to me? This calls for Habanero's signature.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Unlikely characters such as Krystal, Impa, Waluigi, Tingle, Daisy or even Tharja or Dunsparce are all more interesting than Sheriff, just to say how bland and uninteresting Sheriff is.

Okay, I might be exaggerating, but you get the idea.
I actually agree, have you seen Dunsparce's fantastic Movepool? He's hella interesting! :p

D

Deleted member

On the current subject of number of Newcomers, I predict we'll get at least 10.
But no more than 15.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I replied to Hotfeet's roster without looking at the current pages and now I see that people are arguing about Jack the Sheriff.

Personally, I think Sheriff would be cool to have in Smash. Dunno how likely he is, but I'd be okay with him in Smash 4.

But no more than 15.
Not sure. Maybe around...6 to 8 or 9. (including the 3 already revealed)
I guess I'm keeping my expectations low this time.

-----

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You know Golden has lost his mind when he thinks a cartoon character that appeared in a game after Sheriff predates Nintendo's history and is more important regardless of being less recurring and not owned by Nintendo.

Somebody want to explain that to me?
If I were to specify how many times you've lost your own mind, I'd be staying up all night.

Whenever you start writing in CAPS, posting videos and gifs nonstop and start acting childishly over character speculation, you lose your credibility and people find it hard to take you seriously.

But no more than 15.
Seems reasonable. Personally, I don't expect more than 10, including Villager, Mega Man and Wii Fit Trainer.

Something that I also expect is that we'll mostly get newcomers from previously unrepresented series.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
ParaFlinch combo would be too broken for smash :awesome:
Wait until Mega Dunsparce, THEN it'll be broken. :awesome:

I replied to Hotfeet's roster without looking at the current pages and now I see that people are arguing about Jack the Sheriff.

Personally, I think Sheriff would be cool to have in Smash. Dunno how likely he is, but I'd be okay with him in Smash 4.

Not sure maybe around...6 to 8 or 9. (including the 3 already revealed)

-----
Yaaay! I'm special! No seriously, you didn't miss anything noteworthy.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Has anyone here played Golden Sun, as well as one of the Operation Rainfall Trio's games? I've played Xeno and TLS, and they're both amayayayazing. I prefer TLS to Xeno blade due to the story. but Xeno definitely has better gameplay mechanics.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
**** off.

You have had your victory of the day, have this cup of coffee.
not sure if Japan likes Dunsparce enough :(
Dude, don't worry, he has MUH RECENCY thanks to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. :p (A Game people give too much flak when its ending is freaking bawl-worthy)

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
If there had to be another Sonic Rep, who would you want?
I would say this as a wildcard: Blaze

I didn't know which one you were making a reference to, so I chose Family Guy, as everyone on this site is in love with it.
I'm not a fan of Family Guy anymore. Stopped watching it regularly back in like...'07

Also here's a roster or something for you to pick apart(ignore the coloured borders, I forgot to do them all properly):

Notes:
- Samus has Zero Suit Samus, I just didn't like any of the icons with them both on.
- Duck Hunt Dog is a wildcard.
- I don't see Toad as unlikely as I thought he'd be after Peach's reveal, and prior to Toon Link.
- Four Fire Emblem reps are unlikely, I know.
- Going to side with the rumour of Pac, Mac and Mii. I'd rather not the last 'character' but I can see it as likely.
- This is probably the most standard my roster has ever been.
Not a bad roster. However...

Remove Robin for someone else like Takamaru
I can see Snake not making it, but if not, maybe replace him with someone like Palutena
I don't think Toad has a chance based on him being Peach's standard B move once again. So Junior's chances increased
DHD is interesting, but with PETA possibly getting involved, better to do someone else like Bubbles/Sheriff/Mike Jones as a retro/wtf character

Other than that, a soild 9/10

Well...I've never made a dream roster before...but this would probably be it...I like it...I know you don't...Yaaaaaaay....[/quote]The lack of Lucario and Ike is pretty disturbing even in a dream roster...

I'd say about at least 12 newcomers. This could work...

Megaman, WFT, Villager, Palutena, Dixie/K Rool, Isaac, Ridley, Takamaru, Little Mac, Chrom, Bowser Jr, and Shulk

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Grrr... what's it about Duck Hunt Dog and PETA?

I thought we had established that Duck Hunt Dog is a cartoon dog and not a realistic puppy like Nintendog.

Reznor

work in progress
Grrr... what's it about Duck Hunt Dog and PETA?

I thought we had established that Duck Hunt Dog is a cartoon dog and not a realistic puppy like Nintendog.
PETA won't care they will still make a ***** fit
I don't think Nintendo will care about PETA seeing as no one cares about PETA

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Has anyone here played Golden Sun, as well as one of the Operation Rainfall Trio's games? I've played Xeno and TLS, and they're both amayayayazing. I prefer TLS to Xeno blade due to the story. but Xeno definitely has better gameplay mechanics.
Haven't personally played any of those, but I've watched walkthroughs of those games and know about the stories, characters, music, and stuff.
I've seen Golden Sun, Xenoblade, and Pandora's Tower, but I don't know much about The Last Story.

-----

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Have played Xenoblade Chronicles and Golden Sun. Personally enjoyed the former then the latter, though will freely admit that both titles are solid. The former being the best RPG of all time is rather sketchy though, but at the same time it's not hard to see why people would really enjoy it.

The other two games, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, will be considered but are not a high priority at the moment.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601

Somebody want to explain that to me? This calls for Habanero's signature.
Let's compare Sheriff and Popeye, shall we?

Sheriff: Miyamoto's first character that has recurrence as a mini-game figure.

Popeye: A character that is directly linked to the creation of Nintendo's flagship franchise.

Who would you say is more important? The first creation, or a link to the greatest creation? My choice is the latter. Your opinion may differ, and I respect that, but please refrain from shoving it down my, or anybody else's, throats.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Not sure. Maybe around...6 to 8 or 9. (including the 3 already revealed)

-----
How is a regular sheirff is possible anyway?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Let's compare Sheriff and Popeye, shall we?

Sheriff: Miyamoto's first character that has recurrence as a mini-game figure.

Popeye: A character that is directly linked to the creation of Nintendo's flagship franchise.

Who would you say is more important? The first creation, or a link to the greatest creation? My choice is the latter. Your opinion may differ, and I respect that, but please refrain from shoving it down my, or anybody else's, throats.
Popeye may be more important, but he's still a non-Nintendo character, sadly.

----

Reznor

work in progress
My 1000th post. It had to call for some celebration, right?

Well, on that note, goodnight everyone.
I just got my 1000th like 10 min ago yes it needs to be celebrated

Popeye vs Sheriff ....... how far have we fallen :facepalm:
not far

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
I have Chibi Robo, Balloon Fighter, and Skull Kid on my roster. I would love for them to be in, I think they make sense in my eyes, but I'm not even going to begin and try to convince everyone else that they make sense, or are even likely.

Point is, there is NOTHING wrong with having a character on your roster, and admitting they are unlikely. Unless you are making a full on prediction roster, there is absolutely no need to try and justify/defend it so aggressively.

Reznor

work in progress
on topic

would you guys be ok if we didn't get a new Mario character this time BUT we got 2 DK characters

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
on topic

would you guys be ok if we didn't get a new Mario character this time BUT we got 2 DK characters
Not exactly. Bowser Jr. should get a mention, as he's been involved in a good number of mainstream titles since his first appearance in Super Mario Sunshine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom